Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:57:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89309 times)
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:53:28 AM

Yes, it's dishonest and very insulting, but you can just send nothing and do not participate in ICO. You after all, no one forces you to do it

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
teeshe

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:02:41 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

It is amazed the number of people that sends in fake documents for KYC as this will defeat its objective and the person also faces a risk of her tokens frozen if the fake documents are detected. Nevertheless, the security of the submitted KYCs is still subject to argument as many do not believe it is safe with these organisations.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:05:26 PM

They can send fake IDs. But if there is a dispute or problem with them, they will not be supported because their documents are false. And fake ID is not encouraged in crypto. It's a good idea to send KYC honestly because it's good for the people who invest

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:06:37 PM

Recently, this is possible, but I think that all this does not have to be done, because such actions can lead you to big problems that will arise after it turns out that these are not your documents.
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:08:28 PM

In my opinion, this KYC procedure is still a formality and exists for data collection. Any person can deceive them by sending fake or not their documents.

Melih1905

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:09:00 PM

I think I will do this too, I don't think it's illegal to use a fake ID unless it's for official purposes
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:37:52 PM

If KYC process does not need your Photo with a handwriting of the date and website name, I think it's easy for use documents from the internet to pass that procedure. But for now, I rarely do KYC, because I'll not sell my information anyway

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
coin111s

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

I think that the ICOs need to have a reasonable proof that you are not a citizen of the banned countries (for example the US).
putriliesma

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:48:06 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

That is very detrimental to those who are used by KYC even though they do not participate in the ICO or whatever. That can be called identity falsification and can also be in jail if the aggrieved person reports this.
Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

I do know some people,especially who conducts himself 2-3 account,or doing work people,he has to act and not think it's bad,it in any case, poluchaet your tokens for the work,and the howling which was spent by its employees,and he pays them the money
Ondisbelle

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:56:22 PM

actually it's not really illegal and forbidden to give a fake ID to your friends. The KYC process doesn't make sense because there is no way to really know who is on the other side of cyberspace.
Why do you want to give people who don't know your passport?
and it is very risky to ask participants from the ICO signature campaign to undergo KYC examination. Because they also often try to deceive us by stating that it is necessary to pass the KYC examination after the end of the ICO so as not to pay the tokens received to those who for various reasons do not want or cannot pass the check, I believe that to deceive them, present a copy someone else's passport will be very appropriate.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

Some kycs are easy, they just need a picture of your passport or ID but some of them are tough like what fantom was, they ask you to send a photo that you are holding your Id and showing your face picture with date of that day, it is very hard to pass that with fake ID and if you could pass that, you are a genius!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
chibimanau

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:15:53 PM

Normally I would skip projects that need KYC. But I think the KYC test is not too dangerous. That is basic information and they do not affect when someone else knows about me. If I see a good project I'm always ready for KYC.
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:06:27 PM

NOT FAIR.

Actually that can be really true, sometimes people don't do a deep check for IDs and etc. But that's the problem of KYC as a whole process, they can't check all these IDs with assist from governments since they are against crypto.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
joseherrera04

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:09:22 PM

I only participate on KYC on projects that are really promising, especially with bounty campaigns, and everytime I do I send the right documents, prefer to avoid loosing my profits.
Alphonse2910

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:34:39 PM

I prefer to now take risks with KYC, I mean, just try to get into solid project in order to avoid risking you personal data.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:36:48 PM

I  would rather NOT participate in the bounty or in the  ICO than sending fake ID for KYC.
I am supporting the KYC procedure for ICOs but only according with the low regulation of
private data protection. All of them should stick to GDPR  (General Data Protection Regulation)

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 11:40:10 PM

It is not really the best practice, I would avoid such, I either send a real one or I don't send any (if do not trust the project) .sone of these I'd s can verified
Gralph

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:01:03 AM

Sending a fake ID of your self during Know Your Customer (KYC) and if you're been fetched out, you'll automatically lose your coin during token distribution. This is because the KYC helps the bounty manager to know his or her customer directly.
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:12:00 AM

It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

Yes i agree with you mate nothing bad to sent real identification for the kyc requirement becuse if have no hiiden agenda there nothing to scared sending real ID. Sending of fake id have a risk becuse have a lwa about that fake ducoment and that is a criminal offense.

Yes, I agree with you. Sending fake identities is a violation and becomes unfair if it is accepted or passed in the KYC system. If the project has a good and clear reputation, I think there is no need to be afraid to send a real identity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: