Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:19:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89308 times)
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

-

NOT FAIR.

this is your own responsibility , you can chose not to give your data away. In general i agree that KYC for bounty hunters is BS , but it is what it is.
Send your ID, send fake ID, dont send it all. I suppose it depends on the situation and project.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
somansy

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

hey, thanks for sharing this! indeed unfair. let's hope that the information we have disclosed won't be turned for something filthy. let's not turn our heads on others, it won't help.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:59:28 PM

Thats why I think its about time to improve KYC process like real time process, I encounter some verification where in they video chat their costumer just to prove their identity and fight identity theft and falsification. Documents can be easily faked so I think live verification could counter this somehow and lessen those cheaters.
KYC checks should only be carried out by investors, not by bounty hunters. However, the most important thing is that the ICO teams themselves do not pass any checks and, as practice shows, 80 percent are fraudsters. With potential scammers to be honest? And at least one ICO team indicated on the basis of what regulatory legal act they require to undergo a KYC test for bounty hunters? Bounty hunters are not clients of the ICO team, because they do not pay them their money. They are deceiving us, and should we send them our identification data and copies of our documents?

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
bastian466

Activity: 1316
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:16:07 PM

Sorry for giving personal data to expect payment from a bounty project, they say if someone who does not fill KYC then it will not be paid, that's what makes me tempted. Now there is only regret and fear of bad things

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Komandor8957

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:17:55 PM

The world is full of no justice. I have indicated my ID several times and have not done anything for me. My data is already stored in almost all structures of my country, so what's the difference if someone else finds out about it?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:28:00 PM

If you are doing this then I don't think that the projects should be complaining. I personally don't think that they should be asking for kyc for projects but since they are doing it, there are always going to be people who are unwilling to give out their ids to unknown strangers so the use of fake ids will be rampant. It is better to just take out the whole need for ids for kyc

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

For me, it depends on the user's perspective. If they are sending fake documents, that is their consequence if found out that its faked. But if you are sending your true details like mine. Just make sure to choose the legit ico campaign that you are joining.

sirengutou

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:32:14 AM

So, is there a way to stop this from happening? I think there should be no, complaining that it is impossible to solve the problem of bounty activities, and focusing on my work is the most important!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:00:36 AM

Both lines are problematic. Sending real ID documents en masse puts you in a severe systemic risk. Even if only 1 of the ICOs that receive your docs is a scam, your identity will be stolen and used for malicious purposes. And you are going to have much bigger problems than the benefits of the bounty payments.
Sending fake IDs is a problem, too. It falls under the money laundering part of law as using ID mules.
And for larger payouts, you won't be able to declare what is the source of your income in case the tax authorities come to check up on you.

Sticking to no KYC bounties and ICOs is the best play.
poktur

Activity: 238

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:49:48 AM

Now many people are quite adept at using programs, so this is not surprising, the question is where they get the photos from!

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:08:18 AM

But indeed it is not fair. I do not know how to work in Photoshop, so I sent my real data to KYC. I hope I’m lucky, and my data will not be used for other harmful acts.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:40:01 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Of course that it is not fair, but I think that providing fake KYC is against the law and you can have real problems by doing that.
They can´t verify that, they do not have the database Wink. They are not police.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
drrekkty

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:59:37 AM

I used to send fake KYC to Polymath and it passed well))
Speaking honestly none of these companies takes care about data verification. Only some exchanges require full verification and even in case of approval in any moment those could freeze your account
Accepted_check
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:19:56 PM

But indeed it is not fair. I do not know how to work in Photoshop, so I sent my real data to KYC. I hope I’m lucky, and my data will not be used for other harmful acts.

I have also tried sending my real data. I don't really want to send my ID because they might use it in illegal activities. But, I don't have a choice. If I don't send my ID, then I won't be able to get my reward. Some bounties will inform you that they required KYC when the bounty campaign ends. And it feels like you're being scammed.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:37:23 PM

NOT FAIR.

eh that defeats the purpose of KYC. I do not think they verify it as its only for the purpose to show who invested what in ICO. I stay away from any ICO that wants to do KYC due to the same reason you mentioned. Some of them do KYC through telegram or email, that's much better and safer in my opinion so thats what I stick with but I wouldn't gamble by sending fake docs.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:42:02 PM

it is fraud committed by vandals, by being dishonest for KYC problems there may be a lot of losses that occur especially in people who use their data. there should be an institution to handle this
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:51:44 PM

I have also tried sending my real data. I don't really want to send my ID because they might use it in illegal activities. But, I don't have a choice. If I don't send my ID, then I won't be able to get my reward. Some bounties will inform you that they required KYC when the bounty campaign ends. And it feels like you're being scammed.

I also send my real data, although I understand that I'm taking a risk. But at the same time, I understand those who require KYC verification. They want to protect themselves from problems with the law if a person from a country where ICO is prohibited will want to participate in their project.
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 01:55:09 PM

NOT FAIR.

Lets give them the work bro, the team of the project have assign expert for that matters. Its possible that they fake it as there a portion of the KYC which you make a selfie with project name and dates that the only hunters or investor can do. Only few faker can pass in KYC, let me clear this to you only scammed project can be fake easily because they absorb any kind of document as they run project illegaly.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 02:11:22 PM

Better to use your real ID and sent it to the KYC to don't have any problem in the future.
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 02:29:53 PM

NOT FAIR.

They just look at the ID sent to them and not even doing more about it. I guess they should have the access on the data base of the ID in order to strengthen their KYC procedure or maybe do a video call.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: