Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:31:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89307 times)
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:36:12 PM

I think that there is still the way how to control this - some ICOs have in the rules of the KYC selfie with your ID and there you really are able to recognize photoshoped ID in your hand and compare the photo with the face. Best option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macstrong12

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 07:05:02 PM

It all depends on what kind of KYC processing they are using, you can cheat in some of them and some of them like the one that binance uses are very hard to fake or to twisting, I would rather use fake ID too but sometimes it doesn't work.
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:54:28 PM

I passed the KYC procedure a couple of times, but never sent fake documents, because I believe that this in turn is also not the right thing to do. I can advise you not to take part in the bounty of the company in which you are uncertain, especially if the conditions is the procedure KYC.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:58:48 PM

Each campaign has its own requests, some of them are easy enough to pass, and there are more complex checks, when the campaign very seriously and responsibly checks all the information, it all depends on the purpose of this check.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:24:15 AM

If there is a possibility to cheat KYC with fake ID - there is no point in such KYC.
If there is a possibility KYC cheat us by leaking your data - there is no point in such KYC.
If we need to do KYC every single project and send our documents with huge risk of a leak - there is no point in such KYC.
Current state of KYC in crypto is at very low security level...
People suggested some kind of intermediate between the project and investors to do KYC and to secure all our details but still it is in the huge risk so KYC should be completely avoided from new projects or people should avoid investing on the projects which asking to do KYC.

Agree, if someone do not want to provide their ID, better not make investment. KYC, like or not will be necessary to avoid from criminal action like money laundering. People should not cheat their KYC because its about their investment safety and perhaps it will be regulated by government
normanderecho

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:43:26 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

If you don't want to share your data privacy and you want to keep safe, it's very simple don't share it onto others. Because if you noticed some of the bounties required KYC even if you think it's just small allocation that will receive into bounty hunters.  Viewing this fact KYC for me, surely deserve for those investors who invest big on such an ICO's project.

maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:46:51 AM

You have send your real document needed for KYC, never sending fake your ID or your document because you will reject from your KYC document. you have pass bounty campaign project but why you sending fake ID for your kyc.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:00:12 AM

I think it would be better to join the Bounty project that does not use KYC. About KYC, everyone has a different opinion. And this KYC is contradictory and invalid. But it's everyone's choice to do it or not.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 02:15:06 AM

If there is a possibility to cheat KYC with fake ID - there is no point in such KYC.
If there is a possibility KYC cheat us by leaking your data - there is no point in such KYC.
If we need to do KYC every single project and send our documents with huge risk of a leak - there is no point in such KYC.
Current state of KYC in crypto is at very low security level...
People suggested some kind of intermediate between the project and investors to do KYC and to secure all our details but still it is in the huge risk so KYC should be completely avoided from new projects or people should avoid investing on the projects which asking to do KYC.
some conditions for KYC require you to take photos with hold your ID card. it's useless you fake your identity if your face looked right?
cheating using fake ID will not solve the problem. It looks like you have to look for another project that doesn't apply KYC
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:27:45 AM

Many KYCs use ID photos together with their people, so falsifying your ID is very difficult. And when you get caught if your ID is fake, of course, you won't get a token. But there are many projects that don't use KYC and you can also follow it. And this KYC use from the beginning of the project is usually informed.
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:28:56 AM

I've never ever try to fake my ID just to fill up a KYC form. Does it already mean a fraud if we do such things as that? I think we should be fair for others and not cheat here in cryptocurrency.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:33:59 AM

I've never ever try to fake my ID just to fill up a KYC form. Does it already mean a fraud if we do such things as that? I think we should be fair for others and not cheat here in cryptocurrency.
I also think like you, we should not cheat cryptocurrency, if we often do so, we will have bad thoughts and cheat more often!  I think KYC is not really too influential to us!
Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:17:50 AM

Somethings i am meant to believe that the kyc is just to make bounty hunters not to out smart the system, i really don't see any point here, this is because even if a bounty hunter goes with several accounts, he or she must have done the task involed to get the reward, Also is kyc not for investors? How then bounty huntets are now customers? This KYC of a thing should be stopped. Making us submit our documents to unknown bodies.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:25:45 AM

This is the reason of why i don't support KYC of this way because there is no way that the facilitators of a certain project can determined if the received documents like ID pictures are all genuine. Maybe they could have 1 on 1 video interview to ensure that the participants really exist.
tranthiky

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:37:25 AM

Many people send fake information in identity authentication. That could be considered a fraud. We can handle this with a small request for users. Force them to make their face videos and say a few words to authenticate identity in the last step

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:49:06 AM

Many people send fake information in identity authentication. That could be considered a fraud. We can handle this with a small request for users. Force them to make their face videos and say a few words to authenticate identity in the last step
It is very difficult to create a fake id documents, and in my opinion it is very difficult to pass KYC with these fake docs.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Felic43

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:42:46 AM

If someone send fake id for kyc they will easily know and you maybe disqualified so is better to present the identity that you can give out.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:07:02 AM

KYC process is both good and bad. when we think about the good side that allows the find customer is genuine. they gonna work with the money. So the KYC process helps to the transparency of the deal. But we have to remind we are sending our personal details to the unknown parties. We didn't know them already. something happened we can't do anything. If we give our personal details to the wrong people that will be a serious problem.
I personally don't accept the making fake ID documents. because it's restricted by the law in many countries.

But there is a point for the fake IDs. Some countries people have lifetime ID cards with old photo and native language. In that point, they can't apply KYC with 10 years old photo. So they have to choose to move for a Passport or a Driving license. But some people make fake IDs with true detail and recent photos. but that is not legal way.

D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:48:24 AM

at the beginning of the KYC implementation in some projects I actually also feared my personal data was misused. and it turns out that with your posts I am increasingly convinced that indeed the data is a lot that is misused by people who are not responsible.
please follow them. stop enforcing KYC for bounty hunters.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:23:44 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I think it is the KYC legal company job to be able to detect some invalid documents when they verifying the submitted KYC.
If there are some fake documents, they can reject the peoples who submitted it. Maybe some programs are required to detect it.
KYC companies should have the advanced technologies to be able to identify whether the documents are authentic or not.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: