Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478620 times)
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:37:49 PM

Kind of weird...  I just tried opening the HBN client to transfer some loot and it crashed with and 'error opening blkindex.dat.  On further inspection there is no blkindex.dat anywhere in the AppData/Roaming/Hobonickels folder.  Wonder what happened to it??  Huh

I don't have blkindex.dat either, but my clients loads and syncs fine. What version of the client are you running and what OS?
Windows 8.1 64bit & HBN 1.4.0.1 (latest)

It has been working just fine until now.  Anyway I just deleted everything (but the wallet  Grin) and have started the download of the blockchain again.  That is interesting you don't have that file either, I guess that is by design, I just assumed it was missing because every other coin I have has that file in the root folder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:11:19 PM

Okay so I tried to combine some of my coins for the first time as I'm starting to have a ton of small chunks of coin. Fortunately I just did a small trial with coin control to start. I selected a few small pieces that added up to about 5 HBN (using coin control) and I sent them to a second wallet I created. The outbound transaction shows in my main wallet and it shows as an inbound transaction in my secondary wallet but there are no confirmations showing up and when I hover over the outbound transaction in my main wallet it says "offline (0 confirmations.)

What the heck does that mean?

Does the transaction show up on the block explorer?   Were you fully up to sync when you combined? You might try to do the menu wallet->checkwallet to see if there are any issues.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

Kind of weird...  I just tried opening the HBN client to transfer some loot and it crashed with and 'error opening blkindex.dat.  On further inspection there is no blkindex.dat anywhere in the AppData/Roaming/Hobonickels folder.  Wonder what happened to it??  Huh

I don't have blkindex.dat either, but my clients loads and syncs fine. What version of the client are you running and what OS?
Windows 8.1 64bit & HBN 1.4.0.1 (latest)

It has been working just fine until now.  Anyway I just deleted everything (but the wallet  Grin) and have started the download of the blockchain again.  That is interesting you don't have that file either, I guess that is by design, I just assumed it was missing because every other coin I have has that file in the root folder.

Sorry about this, it is a bad error message. When you open 1.4.0.1 for the first time, it attempts to upgrade your index. The index used to be blkindex.dat, but now it is kept in files in the txleveldb directory.  1.4.0.1 adds the block hash to the index, this will decrease start up time quite a bit.

You can also check this page, get up to speed faster.
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Replace_Blockchain

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:56:37 PM

The winner of the free XFX 7950 is simplemind

Thanks for playing everyone!
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10249-hobonickels-gpu-contest-%E2%80%93-win-a-free-xfx-7950/

Congrats!  Fun game. Thanks presstab..   Grin

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:12:02 AM

The winner of the free XFX 7950 is simplemind

Thanks for playing everyone!
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10249-hobonickels-gpu-contest-%E2%80%93-win-a-free-xfx-7950/

Nice  Grin

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:21:07 AM

Okay so I tried to combine some of my coins for the first time as I'm starting to have a ton of small chunks of coin. Fortunately I just did a small trial with coin control to start. I selected a few small pieces that added up to about 5 HBN (using coin control) and I sent them to a second wallet I created. The outbound transaction shows in my main wallet and it shows as an inbound transaction in my secondary wallet but there are no confirmations showing up and when I hover over the outbound transaction in my main wallet it says "offline (0 confirmations.)

Does the transaction show up on the block explorer?   Were you fully up to sync when you combined? You might try to do the menu wallet->checkwallet to see if there are any issues.

Well, I was online and fully synced at the time. It eventually confirmed and went through so frankly I have no idea what happened.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:20:12 AM

Does the transaction show up on the block explorer?   Were you fully up to sync when you combined? You might try to do the menu wallet->checkwallet to see if there are any issues.

Well, I was online and fully synced at the time. It eventually confirmed and went through so frankly I have no idea what happened.

The wallet will resend unconfirmed transactions periodically. So that might have been it.

There is a rpc command resendtx will force it to resend(currently broken will be fixed in v1.5)

otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:39:33 AM

I was once again able to start HoboNickels-qt with git-952ef63b599b, no more assert failures in GetStakeModifierChecksum.
Or is it just a coincidence?
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:13:38 PM

I was once again able to start HoboNickels-qt with git-952ef63b599b, no more assert failures in GetStakeModifierChecksum.
Or is it just a coincidence?

Glad to hear. Its a good idea to stop the client and take a copy of blk0001.dat and txleveldb, so if something happens in the future you are able to get up to speed quickly!

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:24:08 PM

question about stake management.  Is it worth creating a second wallet file for stake, or can i just create another address in default for stake, and then transfer coins there, and then when they stake, move the dust out, and back in larger chunks?

And what is the preferred size of the blocks, right now I'm using 1000 coin transfers?  I read something that you want to reduce the CPU usage, is my goal...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:05:46 PM

question about stake management.  Is it worth creating a second wallet file for stake, or can i just create another address in default for stake, and then transfer coins there, and then when they stake, move the dust out, and back in larger chunks?

And what is the preferred size of the blocks, right now I'm using 1000 coin transfers?  I read something that you want to reduce the CPU usage, is my goal...

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

I created multiple wallets, one for trading another two wallets labeled reserve. My default wallet says I have a 50% chance of producing a stake every 57 min while the others say days, I did create the alternate wallets about a month ago.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:16:13 PM

Keep in mind that the message that displays the likelihood of staking within X amount of time is a snapshot of that exact moment and reflects the mature coins of that exact moment only. The chance of staking could possibly be much, much higher even an hour or a minute later, depending upon when one's immature coins mature and the stakeweight of other coins on the network, which also can change a great deal from block to block. Old wallets with old coins come online, others go offline, etc.
ofeefee
Legendary

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

i understand the coin control aspect, but not really how the blocks are weighted.  Do i do better with 2x 1000 coins, 4x 500 coins or 20x 100 coins?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

From what the majority of people seem to be saying, it sounds like having a small number of massive chunks (ie 1x 2000 coins) is better than many smaller chunks. It seems the speed increase you get by consolidating outweighs the benefit of the seemingly more compound interest that you would expect to get with many small chunks.

I just consolidated all my coins to test this theory a bit.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

From the coin control wiki:

Benefits of larger blocks:
Larger reward on PoS generation
Lowers the CPU use to run stake (multiple small blocks are more difficult to process)
Faster generation of stake (wastes less power running computers)

Benefits of smaller blocks:
Enhances network security (more hash rate devoted to PoS)
Easier for the network to process
Slows the rate new coins are generated

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control#Benefits_of_larger_blocks:

My own take is that larger blocks stake faster and therefore increases compound interest rate, but I'm not ocd about combining them.
CryptoFunds

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 09:16:04 PM

LETS PUSH IT!

http://cryptofunds.pw has now 0% fees on all trades. You can trade BTC/LTC for altcin ithout slighest loose, we are going for free to show people how good and stabile we are!
Join now and enjoy our uniqu currencies and pairs.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:52:15 PM

Personally I think seeding your wallet with 100-1000 coin blocks,depending on your wallet size, and leaving them stake for a few months before combining them is good.

I both use multiple-wallets and I use different address in the same wallet. Both have advantages and disadvantages.  Just make sure you keep good backups of your newly generated wallets.

Here is how I create a multiple wallet. RPC commands

1) loadwallet newwallet
2) usewallet newwallet keypoolrefill 500
3) usewallet newwallet backupwallet /c/walletbackups

This will create a new wallet called wallet-newallet.dat, then fill it with 500 more keys, then backup it up. This is a good procedure for creating a wallet and making sure it is backed-up right away. With 500 keys, it will be sometime before they are used up. So your backup is good for a while.

These commands can take a min or so, so just be patient.

ofeefee
Legendary

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:28:11 PM

Personally I think seeding your wallet with 100-1000 coin blocks,depending on your wallet size, and leaving them stake for a few months before combining them is good.

I both use multiple-wallets and I use different address in the same wallet. Both have advantages and disadvantages.  Just make sure you keep good backups of your newly generated wallets.

1) loadwallet newwallet

This will create a new wallet called wallet-newallet.dat, then fill it with 500 more keys, then backup it up. This is a good procedure for creating a wallet and making sure it is backed-up right away. With 500 keys, it will be sometime before they are used up. So your backup is good for a while.

tranz, what are the keys used for?  only if you generate additional addresses correct, or these are used during transactions?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

I both use multiple-wallets and I use different address in the same wallet. Both have advantages and disadvantages.  Just make sure you keep good backups of your newly generated wallets.

1) loadwallet newwallet

tranz, what are the keys used for?  only if you generate additional addresses correct, or these are used during transactions?

Yes when you generate a new addresses.  Also when you send and you receive change, it will use a new address from yoru wallet to receive the change.

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

From what the majority of people seem to be saying, it sounds like having a small number of massive chunks (ie 1x 2000 coins) is better than many smaller chunks. It seems the speed increase you get by consolidating outweighs the benefit of the seemingly more compound interest that you would expect to get with many small chunks.

I just consolidated all my coins to test this theory a bit.

I keep my default wallet around 3,000+ with deposits from pools going in daily or weekly. My reserve wallets are 1K HBN and my trade wallet I keep around 1.5k HBN. 1,000 HBN will birth about 30- 36 HBN for me when split into different wallets.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: