Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478623 times)
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:06:28 AM

last days HBN is best coin to mine for me, hashing it hard!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StakeHunter

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:53:42 PM

Hi tranz, thanks for your ongoing input into Nickels, we are glad that Nickels has a dev like you.
Going forward we need to think of Nickels as an early competitor like the way websites were in the 90's when the internet was born.
Who won and who lost were the guys that came up with the best ideas to get traffic and today the end result is GOOGLE.

As we can see that all the other alts are trying different ideas to capture the crowd. Anybody here or outside this forum is helping if they are positively promoting Nickels. That for starters is what we need. Positive promotion.

We need to look at what features that a wallet needs to have to make it easy to intergrate with websites.

The wallet could have a chat/social platform were users can tip

I have seen cloakcoin with its own trading platform in the wallet

The key to any coins success right now is the ability to create a killer wallet and market the coin like storm.

I think I have said this somewhere. Marketing can make or break.

Often times these types of things are easier said than done. We all have to take a step back and realize Tranz's priorities, from what I understand they are:

1 - to ensure the wallets and network are safe from attack and abuse and that value can be stored without risk of losing the coins
2 - fix any bugs or problems with the existing wallet that causes users to be confused or client to crash
3 - charity work (may be higher on the list, this is just a guess)
4 - helping others learn
5 - GUI
6 - marketing

With suggestions like "create a trading platform that is inside the wallet", it might be easiest to help Tranz to do this by building the framework and submitting a pull request when it is ready. I am sure Tranz is a real person with a family and full time job and that HBN is an almost full time hobby.  So maybe the best thing would be to create some code for Tranz to look at?

I really enjoy the PoS conversation, but I am going to pull this back up, because I think it is worth talking about a little bit more.

First, I think Tranz is great. He has done an awesome job - with HBN and CAP. Awesome. His work is top notch. And his openness with the community is amazing. God bless him for that.

But I think for HBN - or any alt from the old guard - CAP, TEK, PHS, to reach the next level we need to think about including some of these new features.

I was actually just thinking about it this morning as I was trying to sort through all of the various wallets I have running at any one time…

New coins are released every day. Why? Everyone is trying to "one-up" the other with new features and gizmos and widgets. Or they're simple copies with a few parameters tweaked. They're trying to attract miners and investors to become the next big thing. 

Now what if some of those devs and communities - instead of chasing after new coins - looked back at what has been produced and try to evolutionarily develop the old coins. So many of the new coins demonstrate spiral development - phase 1, 2, 17, XYZ. With promises of Tor, SMS, and making waffles. Why can't we do the same to the coins we already have with the devs that we know are capable and "in it" for the long term. 

Coins are open source - most are on GitHub. Right? What stops us from pitching into to a dev fund and requesting the devs pull these new features from the coin of the week into the coins we already have? Pick your anonymity flavor - NightSend, SuperSend, Tor, Cloak, ABCXYZ… Pick your berries and sprinkles, release a new wallet, and BAM!

Hey, I say hard fork if you have to. The base is established and I bet the switch won't be a problem. The old wood will be left behind and the new will grow stronger.

If it can be done, I bet we'll all see a return… 

Now I use "dev" in the generic sense. But I realize right now most of the older coins only have one dev to lean on. Devs are spread thin. And that is where I believe the issue lies. Tranz is great and he has his priorities and I agree with them.

So how does a coin and a community pull more devs? So we include more features?

Is it all about the BTC? Initially perhaps for some.

Here I am talking, but I can't code beyond HTML and JS. So because I can't code I am willing to pitch in BTC or HBN...
Food for thought.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:35:22 PM

Hi tranz, thanks for your ongoing input into Nickels, we are glad that Nickels has a dev like you.
Going forward we need to think of Nickels as an early competitor like the way websites were in the 90's when the internet was born.
Who won and who lost were the guys that came up with the best ideas to get traffic and today the end result is GOOGLE.

As we can see that all the other alts are trying different ideas to capture the crowd. Anybody here or outside this forum is helping if they are positively promoting Nickels. That for starters is what we need. Positive promotion.

We need to look at what features that a wallet needs to have to make it easy to intergrate with websites.

The wallet could have a chat/social platform were users can tip

I have seen cloakcoin with its own trading platform in the wallet

The key to any coins success right now is the ability to create a killer wallet and market the coin like storm.

I think I have said this somewhere. Marketing can make or break.

Often times these types of things are easier said than done. We all have to take a step back and realize Tranz's priorities, from what I understand they are:

1 - to ensure the wallets and network are safe from attack and abuse and that value can be stored without risk of losing the coins
2 - fix any bugs or problems with the existing wallet that causes users to be confused or client to crash
3 - charity work (may be higher on the list, this is just a guess)
4 - helping others learn
5 - GUI
6 - marketing

With suggestions like "create a trading platform that is inside the wallet", it might be easiest to help Tranz to do this by building the framework and submitting a pull request when it is ready. I am sure Tranz is a real person with a family and full time job and that HBN is an almost full time hobby.  So maybe the best thing would be to create some code for Tranz to look at?

I really enjoy the PoS conversation, but I am going to pull this back up, because I think it is worth talking about a little bit more.

First, I think Tranz is great. He has done an awesome job - with HBN and CAP. Awesome. His work is top notch. And his openness with the community is amazing. God bless him for that.

But I think for HBN - or any alt from the old guard - CAP, TEK, PHS, to reach the next level we need to think about including some of these new features.

I was actually just thinking about it this morning as I was trying to sort through all of the various wallets I have running at any one time…

New coins are released every day. Why? Everyone is trying to "one-up" the other with new features and gizmos and widgets. Or they're simple copies with a few parameters tweaked. They're trying to attract miners and investors to become the next big thing. 

Now what if some of those devs and communities - instead of chasing after new coins - looked back at what has been produced and try to evolutionarily develop the old coins. So many of the new coins demonstrate spiral development - phase 1, 2, 17, XYZ. With promises of Tor, SMS, and making waffles. Why can't we do the same to the coins we already have with the devs that we know are capable and "in it" for the long term. 

Coins are open source - most are on GitHub. Right? What stops us from pitching into to a dev fund and requesting the devs pull these new features from the coin of the week into the coins we already have? Pick your anonymity flavor - NightSend, SuperSend, Tor, Cloak, ABCXYZ… Pick your berries and sprinkles, release a new wallet, and BAM!

Hey, I say hard fork if you have to. The base is established and I bet the switch won't be a problem. The old wood will be left behind and the new will grow stronger.

If it can be done, I bet we'll all see a return… 

Now I use "dev" in the generic sense. But I realize right now most of the older coins only have one dev to lean on. Devs are spread thin. And that is where I believe the issue lies. Tranz is great and he has his priorities and I agree with them.

So how does a coin and a community pull more devs? So we include more features?

Is it all about the BTC? Initially perhaps for some.

Here I am talking, but I can't code beyond HTML and JS. So because I can't code I am willing to pitch in BTC or HBN...
Food for thought.

I totally agree if no new innovation is added to existing coins they tend to die quickly as miners move to new coins and they go in it for pump and dump.

I mean look at WDC for example at one point it hit 0.0012 and now it is dirt cheap, nothing new has been done to the coin.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
BullFrog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

... one more time about PoS. My wallet is open every when i use my laptop. Wallet produces lots of dust PoS (between 0.2 - 0.9 HBN). How can i reduce this ? Makes it any sense to tranfer blocks with maybe 1000 HBN to another wallet ? thx
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:10:18 PM

... one more time about PoS. My wallet is open every when i use my laptop. Wallet produces lots of dust PoS (between 0.2 - 0.9 HBN). How can i reduce this ? Makes it any sense to tranfer blocks with maybe 1000 HBN to another wallet ? thx

go into coin control. Just in case you don't know how, go to settings, options, and on the display tab, hit the checkbox next to "display coin control features..."

Then go under the "send coins" tab, and hit either "coin control" or "inputs". Can't recall which it is in HBN at the moment, and I'm not at the right computer.

It'll bring up a new window. Put a check mark into all the little guys that you would prefer to stake larger. Hit Ok.

Now, generate a new receiving address, and send the balance of those checked coins to it. This will aggregate them all into one block. This has two advantages other than just having control. Smaller transaction size, and a higher chance to stake.

georgidimitrov

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:19:18 PM

go into coin control. Just in case you don't know how, go to settings, options, and on the display tab, hit the checkbox next to "display coin control features..."

Then go under the "send coins" tab, and hit either "coin control" or "inputs". Can't recall which it is in HBN at the moment, and I'm not at the right computer.

It'll bring up a new window. Put a check mark into all the little guys that you would prefer to stake larger. Hit Ok.

Now, generate a new receiving address, and send the balance of those checked coins to it. This will aggregate them all into one block. This has two advantages other than just having control. Smaller transaction size, and a higher chance to stake.

you don't need a new address, just send these small blocks combined to your current address.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:38:48 PM

you don't need a new address, just send these small blocks combined to your current address.
true, but it makes it easier to track to have each block with it's own address.
BullFrog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:07:09 PM

thanks a lot for your tutorial. What block size do you prefer at new created blocks ?
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

I m combining my blocks all the time. When block halves in two I combine it into one block and send to second address. Big block means bigger weight gaining and faster chance to stake. Right now Iv got only 3 blocks in my wallet...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:25:36 PM

thanks a lot for your tutorial. What block size do you prefer at new created blocks ?

It depends on the coin. I'm just getting going on HBN, so I'm shooting in the dark here, but I like to set it up to where I have some blocks going to stake every day, especially early on, so you get the compounding effect quickly. That's my first goal. After that, of course, try to maximise your return. My goal with all my staking coins is to be able to stake 75% of my gains and sell 25%. My first serious attempt is with TEK, where my acquisition goal is 30K in 1K blocks spaced a day apart. But different staking coins behave differently. For instance, SHA doesn't stake well or at all on small blocks, so early on you're better off piling everything into one block, and then breaking it up as you stake into slightly smaller ones. HBN stakes pretty consistently regardless of size, so I'd use the above strategy more on it than worry too much about block size, other than manageable.

Between a few of us, there is kind of an ad-hoc documentation project going on. I may just try to organize that a bit more in conjunction with presstab, Davidlatapie, Thundertoe, Tranz and a couple others who I talk to a lot on the subject. The truth is, there is no one size fits all strategy for minting, even within a well functioning coin like HBN. I can offer suggestions, and they may contradict others suggestions and both still be right for the given person.

Happy Staking!
PressF1

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:17:24 PM

Happy Birthday Hobonickels!!!

1 year, alive and kicking. Not many coins can say the same. I am happy to be a part of it and thanks Tranz for so many hours of dedication!

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:08:36 PM

SmileyHAPPY BIRTHDAY HOBO Smiley

Many thanks for TRANZ and each one of You who is involved in this great coin!!!
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Happy Bday and thanks to Tranz and everyone who supported this lovely coin.

Now we need to get HBN back to all time high Smiley

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:33:50 PM

Didn't realize that today was HBN's birthday!

Well done community and team, and Happy Birthday to Hobonickels! May your travels take you to good places.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Happy Birthday HBN!  Grin

They grow up so fast....  Cry

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
kingscrown

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:59:45 AM

nice one! lately minign this alot Wink PM me and lets do some new stuff for the birthday and push our superb coin!

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:50:21 AM

Happy birthday, hobos! Smiley

Beautiful song about a hobo's Birthday:

http://youtu.be/RFpR2d_yP3w
StakeHunter

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

Woohoo - happy birthday!

Time to buy!
kingscrown

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:25:27 AM

The coin got to my review of Mining rigs and Cloud hashing - http://fuk.io/cloud-hashing-and-rig-renting-services-review

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:48:05 AM

Happy birthday HoboNickels!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: