Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446024 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
goodguyed

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:38:05 PM

What about this 20% price decrease. Is this the usual market movement? Most of my other PoS coins do not show this kind of volatility.
More soft trolling from the DMD shill.  Same thing over in the HYP thread.  So pathetic.

Wow, I missed this one but I would like to address it now.

Only a TOTAL MORON would formulate this kind of doom theory in his head. For your information, I m heavily invested into both TEK and HYP.
So, according to your idea, I would troll both threads in order to do what, to scare investors and to try to hurt TEK and HYP and reduce my own ROI?HuhHuh?

Get a life dude, not everyone in crypto s toxic waste. I was asking a simple question since I have not been around in TEK long enough to know its volatility patterns. 
Hey genius, your question was in the classic format of a soft troll...stupid 'innocent' newb question about a problem with ABC, followed by a claim that XYZ doesn't have that problem (in your case the XYZ is your giant DMD signature line).  Sorry if you are not a DMD shill and are just dull.

Only a TOTAL MORON would be 'heavily invested' into TEK having not taken the 30 seconds to look at the charts on Cryptsy to look at its 'volatility patterns' BEFORE buying.  You are not exactly a newb so you should have the ability to do that.

So what are your other POS coins that do not show 20%+ swings in price?  HBN, HYP, CAP, ORB, DMD, TRK, HYPER and the rest of the usual suspects all have both short and long term up/down of +/- 20%.  Unless you are a goldfish and the past is limited to 30 seconds I am not sure what POS coins you mean.  Or have you just not looked at charts for anything and you had no reason to make that claim?  If there was no reason to make that claim then what was the point?...

HAHAHAHA.

Another pissed off 0.1 BTC investor who failed to make 100 BTC from his huge investment and now everything and everyone s his target.

For your information, MORON, it s a common knowledge whales get in and get our of these coins for a reason. When somebody dumps 5-10 BTC of a particular stake coin in a single transaction, there must be a reason behind it. Cause it s much profitable for that person to just set up a sale order and wait for it to be filled. HOWEVER, sometimes people do not this and dump. It might be some ordinary reason like needing money to pay bills or it might be something else more related to the coin. Since I do hold several PoS coins, I do not have time to follow every single thread every single day so when something like this happens, it s common sense and common logic to ask WHAT IS GOING ON?

Since you probably sit on TEK forum day and night analyzing how to turn your 0.1 BTC into liquid gold, for you this might seem as a noob question. For me, asking questions is the easiest way to get required information.

Calling me a shill trying to destroy my own investment shows how intelligent you are. More importantly, it show the way you think, everything is a scam, everyone s against you and your favourite coin and you are the smartest one. Thank God there re no more people like you in this community cause TEK needs to have positive and bright people investing and developing this coin.

All in all, mind your own business genius cause I will be getting my info the way I want. If it is your intention to pollute this forum with these kind of doom theories and scare away new potential investors, be my guest. Then go around and tell people I try to sabotage TEK.

Calm down princess.  You don't want your mascara to run again do you?  You are rambling and making yourself look like more and more of a juvenile with jello for a brain.  Would you like a banana to calm down?

Girls, girls. You're both pretty.

Signature for sale by owner
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:47:05 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 09:27:13 PM by gribgo

Gentlemen, CHILL.

Can we just accept that one guy took what the other said the wrong way? Neither of you are trolls in my experience. Cool your jets.

I was just about to reply to the other gentleman where to shove that mascara he mentioned but cause of you, Biomech, I wont. After all, this is a TEK thread and we can be much more productive.
Instead of that, I m gonna go and buy a bit more TEK so next time somebody calls me a person trying to hurt TEK, I have a nice fat address to present. After all, they don't call me CrazyIvan for nothing.

LOL! That's the spirit. Living well is the best revenge.

Hilux? You good?

I think problem they were up to - does not exist.. what I see on all POS markets is - uptrend.. so called "correction" is happening right now, because of the thing called "profit taking"..
 that's why trends go in waves btw
people start realizing that having Coins in your own wallet is much safer then buying mining contracts and rely on some hardware that probably sometimes does not exist at all Cool
you own it and it mines coins that can be converted to BTC.. no fees and electrical bills to pay.. and technically tekcoin is in NOWAY worse or different from BITCOIN/ after all tekcoin is a fork of something that was bicoin fork once.. so it does all the stuff that bitcoin can, but cant be attacked by the 51% attack..
People start to understand that all they need to do is just choose from the spectrum of coins and find one (or many) with different rules, but rules are known from the start and there is no company to fail Smiley the system regulates its self following the algorithm.  
Thats why we see the real rise of volume at all POS markets  HBN,TEK,HYP,DMD
 and there are some very old ones like BCX that are demonstrating the signs of life too.. And a very promising Version coin ..etc you can google more

the critical mass has kicked in

peace

=I/O CONFLIKT=

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:38:30 PM

Gentlemen, CHILL.

Can we just accept that one guy took what the other said the wrong way? Neither of you are trolls in my experience. Cool your jets.

I was just about to reply to the other gentleman where to shove that mascara he mentioned but cause of you, Biomech, I wont. After all, this is a TEK thread and we can be much more productive.
Instead of that, I m gonna go and buy a bit more TEK so next time somebody calls me a person trying to hurt TEK, I have a nice fat address to present. After all, they don't call me CrazyIvan for nothing.

LOL! That's the spirit. Living well is the best revenge.

Hilux? You good?

I'm always good.  In the spirit of clarification I feel I should provide why I have a pre-conception of CrazyIvan as someone who was possibly soft trolling.

Well I personally try to stay away from those 500%+ PoS. It simply does not seem viable.

Anything below 100% a year is possible and sustainable.

Now you can see how good was my advice. All these coins with high stake rates, Tek, Hyp, etc. have faced a significant price decrease while DMD Diamond and coins with lower PoS rate still continue growing.

Never let greed makes decisions for you.

True. This is why you need to avoid coins with premine, high stake rates and coins with unlimited supply. These open possibility for lots of pumps and dumps and this is exactly why I like DMD Diamond. It s got none of these.

I find those kind of puzzling things to say to potential investors in TEK and HYP if you are heavily invested in TEK and HYP and a big supporter.

Also I did not perform any ad hominem attacks in this exchange to avoid the question asked.  CrazyIvan is the one who responded off the rails like a 10 year old.  I am still curious what POS coins CrazyIvan was referring to when he said "Most of my other PoS coins do not show this kind of volatility".  Too bad instead of answering the question the response was re-vectored into the ad hominem strange attack hypothesizing that I had a tiny investment and that somehow had any relevance.  I have another massive 0.1BTC to invest to get rich!!!  Lol Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:45:06 PM

Hilux, I was unaware of the other posts, but I'm merely saying chill. I never said either of you were right or wrong Tongue Just seemed to be getting out of hand. Being I'm just a hodler and not a mod, I'll shut up now Cheesy
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:15:20 PM

Again, I try to be friendly here but Hilux simply wont let it go. The problem is that I am a bit stubborn as well, especially when being constantly provoked.

I really do not see the problem with my opinion about PoS coins.

Yes, DMD Diamond s my primary choice, it s not hard to conclude that having in mind my activity on DMD thread and especially my signature. What s wrong with that? How s that conflicting to my TEK investments. After all only fools and morons do not apply investment differentiation strategies these days.  

Yes, I also do not believe in high PoS coins, 500+% PoS is unrealistic and unsustainable. TEK, on the other hand, is not 500%, it is actually 100% PoS coin or even much lower, having in mind its inflation control mechanisms. I think this is quite sufficient to provide great ROI while keeping inflation under control. Any coin providing constant 500% PoS cannot survive for a long time. I stand behind my words. What is wrong with that statement?

Yes, both Tek and Hyp have had significant price increase followed by recent dumps. Why was this, this was my main question. DMD on the other hand went up 100% compared to 3 months ago. Again, this is not DMD commercial cause DMD can face profit taking trend as well soon, if this is the main reason behind it. This is just my reply to my posts which Hilux found and re-posted. Again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT QUESTION AND HOW IS THIS TROLLING?

So, my friend, which one of these posts are incorrect and which one of these posts do you consider trolling? Do I really need to post my TEK address here so you would finally shut up?
Acknowledge your master Hilux, you know resistance is futile.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

I tried... (washes hands).
gribgo

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 10:45:02 PM by gribgo

Yes, I also do not believe in high PoS coins, 500+% PoS is unrealistic and unsustainable. TEK, on the other hand, is not 500%, it is actually 100% PoS coin or even much lower, having in mind its inflation control mechanisms. I think this is quite sufficient to provide great ROI while keeping inflation under control. Any coin providing constant 500% PoS cannot survive for a long time. I stand behind my words. What is wrong with that statement?

As we all know - that blockchain technology is not very well described in traditional education material for finance students.. so all this inflation control is rather hurting the main function of
this virtual contracts Smiley imho
but if all the community agrees and no forks were presented Smiley - I agree with all the community, because everybody is influenced by this difficulty rise.

Yes, both Tek and Hyp have had significant price increase followed by recent dumps. Why was this, this was my main question. DMD on the other hand went up 100% compared to 3 months ago.

All this pumps and dumps is just because of the very small market and what if some "whale" will decide to buy a new car Smiley tomorrow? we all are going to see some serious volatility Smiley
but on the other hand - many market rules are broken buy the crypto// why people try to apply "the tv with the stick"// "old" - "new"-experiment and stuff.. understumpt??? peace
PS: Tek rised x4 times from Feb 15.. alittle cashout is not a tragedy perhaps the trading volume is rising ..and the higher it wil get - the less volatile the market will be
--
=I/O CONFLIKT=

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:34:29 PM

When somebody is in a hurry to buy a lot of the coin, they dump their btc into the sell orders and everyone cheers. When somebody is in a hurry to sell a lot of a coin, they dump their coin into the buy orders and everyone screams.

I don't think there is too much at play here, just normal high PoS markets doing their thing. I have always theorized that high PoS coins can have bigger movements than other coins, and I think this shows some of that. There is an additional speculative variable to appeal investors, and it can cause bigger waves I beleive.

At the end of the day i think its all just this:

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:35:36 AM

When somebody is in a hurry to buy a lot of the coin, they dump their btc into the sell orders and everyone cheers. When somebody is in a hurry to sell a lot of a coin, they dump their coin into the buy orders and everyone screams.

I don't think there is too much at play here, just normal high PoS markets doing their thing. I have always theorized that high PoS coins can have bigger movements than other coins, and I think this shows some of that. There is an additional speculative variable to appeal investors, and it can cause bigger waves I beleive.

Heh, a good one, have seen this before but I laugh every time.

What you say is true but dont forget we have a lot of speculators around trying to influence the price. Since all PoS coins still have limited market depth and I hope this is going to change in the future, moving the price in desired direction and profiting nicely out of it is still attractive goal for them. I HATE THESE people. Speculators and pumpers and the worse filth crypto has ever had and all they care is their short term benefit.
I firmly believe PoS is the future of crypto mining, taking into account numerous benefits over PoW and I know how much time/energy and efforts is required to build and maintain a successful PoS coin. In the end it all comes down to community. Bunch of people with a common goal.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gribgo

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:30:49 AM

Heh, a good one, have seen this before but I laugh every time.

What you say is true but dont forget we have a lot of speculators around trying to influence the price. Since all PoS coins still have limited market depth and I hope this is going to change in the future, moving the price in desired direction and profiting nicely out of it is still attractive goal for them. I HATE THESE people. Speculators and pumpers and the worse filth crypto has ever had and all they care is their short term benefit.
I firmly believe PoS is the future of crypto mining, taking into account numerous benefits over PoW and I know how much time/energy and efforts is required to build and maintain a successful PoS coin. In the end it all comes down to community. Bunch of people with a common goal.

Could not say better! Agree 100%.. so you actually belive in POS coins.. good

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:48:39 PM

Again, I try to be friendly here but Hilux simply wont let it go. The problem is that I am a bit stubborn as well, especially when being constantly provoked.

I really do not see the problem with my opinion about PoS coins.

Yes, DMD Diamond s my primary choice, it s not hard to conclude that having in mind my activity on DMD thread and especially my signature. What s wrong with that? How s that conflicting to my TEK investments. After all only fools and morons do not apply investment differentiation strategies these days.  

Yes, both Tek and Hyp have had significant price increase followed by recent dumps. Why was this, this was my main question. DMD on the other hand went up 100% compared to 3 months ago. Again, this is not DMD commercial cause DMD can face profit taking trend as well soon, if this is the main reason behind it. This is just my reply to my posts which Hilux found and re-posted. Again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT QUESTION AND HOW IS THIS TROLLING?

So, my friend, which one of these posts are incorrect and which one of these posts do you consider trolling? Do I really need to post my TEK address here so you would finally shut up?
Acknowledge your master Hilux, you know resistance is futile.  Grin

Here is the short of it. BOTH coins are excellent and great investments. Now, lets close this issue, and talk about more positive stuff.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:55:58 PM

via Imgflip Meme Maker
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:39:54 PM

TEK seems to be like those 007 movies... just keeps going and going with no end in sight.

This space not for rent...
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:31:22 AM

pos diff way down payments way up Smiley nice volume on cryptsy
aSmallChild666

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:39:21 AM

Day 83 and my patience is about to pay off.  90 days will pay 3 times as much as 30 days, yeah?  I wonder:  Will it be (at 40%) 120% or 40% iterated 3 times?
moug

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:08:07 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 06:33:16 AM by moug

just make a new address in your wallet and send all of it to new address, if you have a crap load of transactions.

my node count is all mixed up with misbehaving's
what's up?

really strange I even switched back to 2.2.1 from 2.3.0  with a blank wallet and still not syncing 12 hour behind...
I don't see a "reindex" in the debug menu... I have the peers at 11 then 5 maybe database is corrupt?
Anyone ever had this happen?
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:55:40 PM

just make a new address in your wallet and send all of it to new address, if you have a crap load of transactions.

my node count is all mixed up with misbehaving's
what's up?

really strange I even switched back to 2.2.1 from 2.3.0  with a blank wallet and still not syncing 12 hour behind...
I don't see a "reindex" in the debug menu... I have the peers at 11 then 5 maybe database is corrupt?
Anyone ever had this happen?

Delete everything but wallet.dat in these data folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\tekcoin (Windows XP)
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\tekcoin (Windows, Vista -10)
home/YourUserName/.tekcoin (Linux)
~/Library/Application Support/tekcoin/ (Mac)

Now, download the bootstrap zip file: http://richlist.truckcoin.net/tekbootstrap.zip 
Extract the bootstrap.dat file and place it in the appropriate data directory above.
Start the client again (I recommend 2.3.0.0) and it should sync properly.
moug

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:01:35 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 02:23:51 AM by moug

Thank you Sir
I'll try that, strange console shows No errors

Why is it that some coin's have no block and chainstate etc folders?

--------------
OK I had a backup from ~June and it's working fine no reindex needed..
I noticed another coin had the same problem and it had the other data base and had to do reindex.
It was also showing "misbehaving node" but it was just that my wallet was old and needed update..
aSmallChild666

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:52:06 PM

Some may find this data useful.  Waited 83.5 days, plus or minus 0.2 days for 4 nearly equal blocks totalling 84332.729317 TEK.  I unlocked at 0.00011786 PoS difficulty.  I wound up with 166304.8897 TEK.  My simple slope-based formula between 35% and 40% told me my return should be 36.79% but I got equivalent of 34.92% (extrapolated from 30 days to 83.5 days).  That's pretty close to what I predicted, except I was hoping it would be compounded and not just extrapolated.  Still, much better than I would have got compounding the low returns available lately.  Can't complain.
Is there somewhere I can find good docs on the use of the console commands?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:01:29 PM

Thank you Sir
I'll try that, strange console shows No errors

Why is it that some coin's have no block and chainstate etc folders?

different codebases. They're all based loosely on bitcoin, but they don't all store data in the same manner.

Also, if you haven't already started the bootstrap process, it might be faster to reindex. It's a command line switch, not console. You put Tekcoin-qt -reindex as the launch. In windows, the easiest way to do this AND have an icon to do it again if needed is to create a shortcut to the Tekcoin-qt.exe file, then rightclick on the new shortcut, and add -reindex to the command line. Save it with some name that will let you know it's the one that reindexes Cheesy

In linux terminal it's even easier. If it's in your path, Tecoin-qt -reindex. If it's not, go to the directory it's in and ./Tekcoin-qt -reindex.

All of this is assuming you use the GUI. For the daemon, it's all the same except it's Tekcoind instead of Tekcoin-qt.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: