Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:24:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29994 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 04:25:44 AM

The  bitfence online store will accept its own HNY tokens as a payment method for it's many products and services.

That's a good concept and that's what I have seen most projects do recently using their tokens for payment but it will be nice if bitfence can use other currencies too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:48:37 AM

Protection provided by BitFence will block high risk hosts, malicious payloads, viruses, malware, suspicious addresses automatically within seconds everywhere around the globe after threat is "mined" by the network of their StingMiners and risk scored with BitFence Engine.

So this means BitFence device is enough to secure our network? Can it be good solution for antivirus as well? How honeypot concept will help in removing viruses as well?

In a simplified terms, the project creates like a trap, that is not noticeable by hackers, now when they get into the specified site (trap) and perhaps try to do something malicious, they will be detected and their identities will be noted which will be spread across the network, they also will open up a store where you can source for any protective hardware or software of your choice, so is like the total package, hope this helps 

A pretty good explanation of what the honeypot type of trap is, honeypots and viruses are not the same, honeypots are to prevent against active attacks from the outside basicaly instead of them pounding your computer trying to let them in the honeypot lets them into a virtual box that they can hack all they want, because its all nonsense, and then when they leave poof they hacked nothing.

It is a mean of being proactive rather than re-active. As Phantam explained there is a difference between honeypots and viruses. Honeypots are baits meant to attract hackers and gather from that even as much information as possible to push those readings to a more solid software that protects.

Anilg

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:03:01 AM

Protection provided by BitFence will block high risk hosts, malicious payloads, viruses, malware, suspicious addresses automatically within seconds everywhere around the globe after threat is "mined" by the network of their StingMiners and risk scored with BitFence Engine.

So this means BitFence device is enough to secure our network? Can it be good solution for antivirus as well? How honeypot concept will help in removing viruses as well?

In a simplified terms, the project creates like a trap, that is not noticeable by hackers, now when they get into the specified site (trap) and perhaps try to do something malicious, they will be detected and their identities will be noted which will be spread across the network, they also will open up a store where you can source for any protective hardware or software of your choice, so is like the total package, hope this helps 

A pretty good explanation of what the honeypot type of trap is, honeypots and viruses are not the same, honeypots are to prevent against active attacks from the outside basicaly instead of them pounding your computer trying to let them in the honeypot lets them into a virtual box that they can hack all they want, because its all nonsense, and then when they leave poof they hacked nothing.

It is a mean of being proactive rather than re-active. As Phantam explained there is a difference between honeypots and viruses. Honeypots are baits meant to attract hackers and gather from that even as much information as possible to push those readings to a more solid software that protects.

Nice explanation guys. Such post will help new people/non security experts to understand BitFence concept properly.
Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:54:53 AM

The  bitfence online store will accept its own HNY tokens as a payment method for it's many products and services.

That's a good concept and that's what I have seen most projects do recently using their tokens for payment but it will be nice if bitfence can use other currencies too.

Creating other options for payment will automatically men creating a competition for their token cause then users won't be compelled to use their token always on their platform
cryptorani

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:56:36 AM

Exactly, well explained; the idea of the honeypot is to understand what kind of things they are trying to attack, why and how they are carry out these techniques.

Once identified, it's easier to protect yourself against the same attack occuring on a "REAL" network rather than a virtual which contains no sensitive data.

That's pretty smart actually, I've heard of the concept before but I like that BitFence are using this technique to develop their own software to help prevent hacking.
To be honest, I don't really understand the system with all those specific words, but I like he idea behind this project, that the community secure each other and "mine" hackers together.

It really gives you nice feeling even just reading this honeypot concept. I am really excited to see the demo of BitFence product.
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:11:00 AM

Exactly, well explained; the idea of the honeypot is to understand what kind of things they are trying to attack, why and how they are carry out these techniques.

Once identified, it's easier to protect yourself against the same attack occuring on a "REAL" network rather than a virtual which contains no sensitive data.

That's pretty smart actually, I've heard of the concept before but I like that BitFence are using this technique to develop their own software to help prevent hacking.
To be honest, I don't really understand the system with all those specific words, but I like he idea behind this project, that the community secure each other and "mine" hackers together.

It really gives you nice feeling even just reading this honeypot concept. I am really excited to see the demo of BitFence product.

It is a very effective but cheap way to understand how these attackers work. I hope to see more updates and how the progression thats happening from the Bitfence team.

Update on the roadmap progress would also be great. Good to see the team are active on twitter
Hendobox

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:24:57 AM

Creating other options for payment will automatically men creating a competition for their token cause then users won't be compelled to use their token always on their platform
You've made a very good point @Owillz, I am just surprised that I never thought of it this way before. All the same, it is  a good concept accepting their own tokens as a payment method for services
Nathan01

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 09:11:23 AM

HEHE i know right, new york is so close,  well not close but closer than most of the other conferences i've seen announced, wish i could get to go, since their sponsoring i wonder if this means they will also have a keynote at the event that would be a MASSIVE win, being a sponsor is a nice bit of advertising to get their name out in the cryptospace but having a nice keynote could really blow things out of the water.

You're very true here, especially when they have it promoted on YouTube and blogs its going to be huge, ICO is going on smoothly already add this!

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Ridorie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:13:03 AM

Devs, do you have one-pager with the most important information to attract investors at the stage of acquaintance with the project?
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

Thank you guys for explaining this. I am not security experts but this explanation also with the help of whitepaper I am able to get familiar with this project.
Anilg

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:04:01 AM

It is a very effective but cheap way to understand how these attackers work. I hope to see more updates and how the progression thats happening from the Bitfence team.

Update on the roadmap progress would also be great. Good to see the team are active on twitter

I am also waiting for some more information, current status update from BitFence team. Looks like we need to ask this question in telegram to get immediate response.
utclpn

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:08:32 AM

Check out new referral program! It's as simple as 1-2-3. Generate your link, share it with your friends and earn 10% from every HNY purchase!

https://i.imgur.com/KK0vL14.png

Thanks for the information, the process is really easy took me few minutes to get it done. Already sharing my links with friends and families.
Wow, in referral program they are paying 10%? But What is payment mode? I mean that 10% in ETH or in tokens?
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:11:11 AM

Thank you guys for explaining this. I am not security experts but this explanation also with the help of whitepaper I am able to get familiar with this project.

One other thing I would like to add and I think worth knowing about is the fact that you can actually run the software in a commodity machine something the PI so you would have the bait on a separate system on a separate machine.

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:14:48 AM

One other thing I would like to add and I think worth knowing about is the fact that you can actually run the software in a commodity machine something the PI so you would have the bait on a separate system on a separate machine.

This also means you can effectively take the honeypot with you where ever you go, for example install it on a Pi Zero, and you could take it to coffee shops, hotels and even holidays, all places your more likely to see malicious users on the network. 
girib1684

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

Still time to invest with 25% bonus!!!!
Yes buddy. You have still 15 hours to invest here and get 25% bonus on your investment. After 15 hours it will reduce more so don't miss this opportunity.
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:03:39 PM

Check out new referral program! It's as simple as 1-2-3. Generate your link, share it with your friends and earn 10% from every HNY purchase!

Thanks for the information, the process is really easy took me few minutes to get it done. Already sharing my links with friends and families.
Wow, in referral program they are paying 10%? But What is payment mode? I mean that 10% in ETH or in tokens?

I have just registered for this and there is: Enter ETH address to receive tokens.
So there will probably be bitfence tokens and no ETH. But tokens are better anyway, they can rise in value higher than ETH
utclpn

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:17:28 PM

https://i.imgur.com/KK0vL14.png

I have just registered for this and there is: Enter ETH address to receive tokens.
So there will probably be bitfence tokens and no ETH. But tokens are better anyway, they can rise in value higher than ETH

Thanks buddy to knowing me. I will be register there soon and will achieve the benefits of 10% referral program. It will be more beneficial for me if they pays in ETH. Wink
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:26:17 PM

Thanks buddy to knowing me. I will be register there soon and will achieve the benefits of 10% referral program. It will be more beneficial for me if they pays in ETH. Wink
It is better if they pay in the tokens as you can get a lot more tokens than if they would pay you in ETH and 10% is a good amount if your referral invests a lot.
Colestook1996

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:34:40 PM

What is the initial start up for this company? As in I guess in crypto terms, soft cap?
Abah007

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:04:36 PM

Sales are live and the team works for the future. Bitfence attending the WBF will give a boost  and create more exposure as more people will learn of the project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: