Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your altcoin  (Read 5530 times)
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:01:55 PM

Using different emails and (stronger) passwords/seeds for Crypto. VMWare Workstation is free for non-commercial use. Easy to install and grab an OEM Windows ISO in case your machine is already compromised and you don't want to reinstall. Use the virtual keyboard. Good to keep private keys printed up in cold storage if not holding a Ledger/Trezor. A Linux distro is always a great option as well if you are familiar.

That a very safest way I guess mate, but for most certain cases I made my altcoin still stored at myetherwallet with private keys only. I haven't experience using windows or any wallet yet but am planning to start using it. Hopefully I will be able to have an opportunity to use ledger wallet, because that's what my friend advised me to use for my funds.
esdbgrydn

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:10:05 PM

you should use download button and you can protect them offline mode!
md.falkone

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:21:47 PM

What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

You hold the information on USB sticks, especially if you are connected to free networks as now there are a lot of hunters. Never open the suspicious web site and the more so you do not transfer to them. Use two-factor authentication (2FA) and the most important you do not store passwords and keys on the PC.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:46:04 PM

in fact the available wallet such as mew, have done a good protection and ensure that altcoin that we save must be safe, live now is whether we can keep it safe by not doing careless themselves so it can be taken. because it is usually a mistake on our own carelessness.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:51:34 PM

in fact the available wallet such as mew, have done a good protection and ensure that altcoin that we save must be safe, live now is whether we can keep it safe by not doing careless themselves so it can be taken. because it is usually a mistake on our own carelessness.
Yes mew is one of a good to use to be safe or protect you altcoin also depends on a user. Other users are being careless of their own wallet where their altcoins stored. To be safe be cautious on the links encountered by not clicking it.
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:54:24 PM

Secure them on your wallet that you have access on private key, Json file or another additional security.
And also make sure that all private key is not shared with anyone and stored in the safe place.
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 464

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:59:24 PM

According to an article I've read, it's best to keep it on the ledger nano. But I do not think there is a perfect way, sometimes there are gaps that can be penetrated by hackers. I think most importantly do not share passwords, privatekey, json files and key phrases in others. And also do not visit (click) links carelessly, because now many scattered phishing links.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:19:01 AM

Well, the only suggestion that i can say to protect your altcoin is, don't open or click the unfamiliar site because that is what they called a fishing site whereas they can hack your acount when you they given a chance to welcome them to your account.
ngocphuonghong1602

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:01:03 AM

The most important thing is vigilance, constantly change the password, update the antivirus, do not go to extraneous sites, always check what you are doing. Because intruders do not doze and try to steal your money you need to be very careful and attentive.
tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:08:40 AM

Well, the only suggestion that i can say to protect your altcoin is, don't open or click the unfamiliar site because that is what they called a fishing site whereas they can hack your acount when you they given a chance to welcome them to your account.
I would further advise not to keep very large amounts on one wallet. It looks very attractive for a hacker. One of the safest ways to store coins is a hardware purse, but even it does not give 100% protection against hacking.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:36:18 AM

the most I avoid to protect the assets (altcoin) I have are:
1. do not click the link careless (feared the number of phishing links).
2. before entering a website (exchange or wallet address) which requires login with password or private key, always check the URL carefully.
3. Never give a password or private key to anyone.

You are right. But better use some hardware wallet like a Ledger Nano S.
You can use it with MyEtherWallet, where you can keep youe erc-20 tokens.
This is the safest way of keeping your alts from hackers and some other threats.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
azalea69

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

Anything on the web are vulnerable on hackers attack. This includes tokens and coins in our online wallets. But to get rid of it take some safety measures for yourself, first,  don’t ever entertain any email that contains links that maybe a phising site and also never ever let your private key known by other users or leave it unattended ( posting it in any thread or put it in wallet address box).
I keep the Altcoin I have by holding it. because I believe by holding Altcoin able to make Altcoin is safe. even able to increase the price to become more expensive again. so I am very lucky to hold the Altcoin that I have and make the price also increased. so I will hold Altcoin to secure and increase the price.
elenora

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:39:43 AM

Hope, this steps may help you.

Nothing comes with a 100% guarantee of Security, not even the PAID security tools. But certainly, the tips below will get you enough close to the mark.

1. Securing a Wallet is similar to securing your personal data on the computer. You have to be aware of links, advertisement, any type of attachment etc. which appears when a browser is being suffered.

2. Always create backups of your cryptocurrency wallets. So, that it will let you restore your wallet if in case your laptop or cell phone gets stolen.

3. Opening an account to buy cryptocurrency? Set up a unique E-mail id that you’re going to use for that account and never share that id with anyone.

4. Encrypt your whole device in which you are going to use cryptocurrency wallet. Make sure you have the best anti-virus installed on your device and keep it up to date including anti-malware and anti-ransomware.

5. Set up a really hard and long password where it is only able to recover from a piece of paper that you control.

6. Don’t use two-factor authentication on an SMS that could be ported. Instead, using something a bit more like Google Authenticator or yubikey would be much better.

7. Never share the name of cryptocurrency or wallet which you use on social media or with unknown people, Keep it private.

8. Diversify your risk, Buy cryptocurrency across multiple exchanges. So, that in case if one exchange is hacked other will remain accessible.

9. Always use offline wallets.

10. Always use the cold wallet to keep cryptocurrency safe off the internet and cold wallet is like the saving account. While the hot wallet is linked to the internet and should only be used for everyday transactions.

11. The decentralized system doesn’t store funds. Nobody has any access to money accept the owner of that money.

https://cointopper.com/guides/how-to-save-your-cryptocurrency-assets-from-being-hacked-in-2018
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:46:30 AM

Safe them in your myetherwallet wallet and use metamask to secure login access. Never share or send you private keys ever, they could be stealing it from you.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:24:25 AM

Its best to take care of your credentials, hide your private keys, keystone key, etc. Store them safely. And its best if you have enough money, buy a hardware wallet. Storing your digital assets in a hardware wallet is the best option. Also, never expose your special credentials online to avoid phishers and scammer and hackers.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
afterdark

Activity: 395

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:24:03 PM

I keep all my coins on the hardware wallet. It seems to me that this is the best solution at the moment. Coins for daily trading I store on exchanges and do not see any problems yet.
hason88hvbc

Activity: 242
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:33:47 PM

Take care of your private key, passwords and dont click any suspicious link that has been sent to you through pm, shared on any social media sites, etc.
vakeswork

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:36:58 PM

To keep your wallet safe. You just have to think about what you're doing and do not enter your private key anywhere

Zizi19231

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:10:07 PM

The best and the cheapest way to protect your coins is by storing them offline. a paper wallet, store your private keys and lock them alongwith your fiats.
Ydentity

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:20:57 PM

One of the best methods to protect your altcoin is by storing in a cold storage wallet. Ydentity, a revolutionary project which offers a risk-identity token provides a wallet. The Ydentity token resides in a digital non-custodial wallet and interfaces with the members via an artificial intelligence Chatbot, represented as a gender free gaming character.
The private key of the token must not be traceable to any person. The email address and phone number are collected in the sign on process and diverted to a digital wallet where the key is hashed and stored as an irreversible private key. Users then have access to cold storage to retrieve the key in the event of loss. To maintain absolute anonymity the email address and phone number are discarded after the transfer of the Ydentity to the wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: