Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1423GH] ABCPool PPS - Proxy Pool For High & Steady Mining Rewards  (Read 151534 times)
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 01:00:51 PM

That's unfortunate. Since all of these transactions have appeared in a block already, they should appear in your Bitcoin client eventually too.

You may troubleshoot to speed things up: Check that your client has more than '0 connections', and that the number of blocks reported is at least 156765 (the current block). Furthermore, verify that the addresses that the payments were made to are actually yours, and that the payouts occur in your payments overview at ABCPool.

I looked the transactions up in our logs for you; The last four payments are successful manual payouts associated with one user account; The first transaction you mention is not from ABCPool. It's not in our audit logs, not in our bitcoin transaction list and most compelling of all, the from-address is not ours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:37:26 PM

MAINTENANCE: There will be some downtime in the next 28 hours because our cloud provider needs to install some patches for which the server needs to come down. We are using the opportunity to make some changes to the server configuration. The downtime could take anywhere from two minutes to two hours.

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 01:40:44 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2011, 01:53:49 AM by MintCondition

MAINTENANCE:The maintenance will start now.
UPDATE: Maintenance was completed at 01:45 UTC (took +- 5 minutes)

Please verify that your miners have reconnected!

AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 04:41:02 AM

Perfect Smiley
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:26:48 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2011, 01:48:25 AM by MintCondition

UPDATE: Due to our growth, ABCPool balances are now not guaranteed
Dear miners,
In the short history of Bitcoin, there have been several services that could not fulfill their promises for various reasons, be it theft, incompetence, malice or simply bad luck.

As you know we do our best to protect our services and the Bitcoins involved, and we are committed to keep doing that in the future. No one is immune to setbacks however, not even ABCPool. If anything does go wrong, we'll do our best to set things right, like some of you have experienced first hand early november.

As ABCPool continues to grow so do your combined account balances*. We would like to guarantee that these funds are safe with us, but we cannot. The amounts involved are now starting to reach a level where that would be a hollow guarantee. To make that clear, we have changed 'balance' to 'balance at risk' on the site.

That sounds scary!
Well, yes. But it does not have to be scary at all. Just regularly withdraw your ABCPool balance to your own wallet or a third party wallet service. That way your hard-earned BTC is safe, even if Chlorine and I would suddenly be hit by a bus!

We have made it very easy to withdraw. Either use manual payout or configure automatic payout. When using auto-payout, you will be payed in multiples of the configured amount twice a day.

Please take this opportunity to think about the safety of your BTC; not just those at ABCPool but for all Bitcoin services you are using!

Thanks for your attention, and keep those hashes flowin'!
Chlorine & MC

*: We keep almost all of the account balances in a 'cold storage' for added security.

fred0

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:38:13 AM

UPDATE: Due to our growth, ABCPool balances are now not guaranteed
Dear miners,
In the short history of Bitcoin, there have been several services that could not fulfill their promises for various reasons, be it theft, incompetence, malice or simply bad luck.

As you know we do our best to protect our services and the Bitcoins involved, and we are committed to keep doing that in the future. No one is immune to setbacks however, not even ABCPool. If anything does go wrong, we'll do our best to set things right, like some of you have experienced first hand early november.

As ABCPool continues to grow so do your combined account balances*. We would like to guarantee that these funds are safe with us. The amounts involved are now starting to reach a level where that would be a hollow guarantee. To make that clear, we have changed 'balance' to 'balance at risk' on the site.

That sounds scary!
Well, yes. But it does not have to be scary at all. Just regularly withdraw your ABCPool balance to your own wallet or a third party wallet service. That way your hard-earned BTC is safe, even if Chlorine and I would suddenly be hit by a bus!

We have made it very easy to withdraw. Either use manual payout or configure automatic payout. When using auto-payout, you will be payed in multiples of the configured amount twice a day.

Please take this opportunity to think about the safety of your BTC; not just those at ABCPool but for all Bitcoin services you are using!

Thanks for your attention, and keep those hashes flowin'!
Chlorine & MC

*: We keep almost all of the account balances in a 'cold storage' for added security.
Isn't anybody interested in starting an FDIC for bitcoin?

This could be listed on GLBSE.  We can call it BDIC.  The Bitcoin Deposit Insurance Company.
Internet151

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 02:26:18 PM

Does this pool have any plans on implementing merged namecoin mining?
Chlorine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Chlorine - keeps your pool in top condition

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 02:44:08 PM

Does this pool have any plans on implementing merged namecoin mining?

Please refer to our faq for a detailed answer.

C.

ABCPool.co - Bitcoin Mining with steady rewards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33586.msg419612#msg419612

1J3ZiBDN7z9WCRYL79z3youw1Bz1buhbGu
thefussydutchman

Activity: 142

BTC- Its not a bubble.

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 11:03:49 PM

That's unfortunate. Since all of these transactions have appeared in a block already, they should appear in your Bitcoin client eventually too.

You may troubleshoot to speed things up: Check that your client has more than '0 connections', and that the number of blocks reported is at least 156765 (the current block). Furthermore, verify that the addresses that the payments were made to are actually yours, and that the payouts occur in your payments overview at ABCPool.

I looked the transactions up in our logs for you; The last four payments are successful manual payouts associated with one user account; The first transaction you mention is not from ABCPool. It's not in our audit logs, not in our bitcoin transaction list and most compelling of all, the from-address is not ours.

i was able to fix this problem with a new wallet.
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 01:12:49 AM

Continue the excellent work  Lips sealed
viperzero

Activity: 301

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 04:44:14 PM

Hi,

I must raise my hat to ABC pool staff. Exellent and I really enjoy knowing you run on Amazon cloud. Been hopping too much lately from server to server due mediocre setups.

I have an issue though and thought I ask first before try to debug myself with my nearly nonexistent skills. I get lot of errors which seem to relate json decoding:

ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")

This seems to be related to longpolling only:

/phoenix/minerutil/RPCProtocol.py in line 399 LongPollThread and line 250 (I run phatk 2.1)

/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py  line 360 in decode line 378 in raw decode

I do have whole error message but for some reason remote clipboard sharing is not working.

Hope someone could point me to right direction locating the error cause, otherwise things run very well, stales 0.17% invalid 0%

I thought perhaps the json could be syntax checked for illegal chars etc.
quick googling produced this:

$encoding = mb_detect_encoding($json);

if($encoding == 'UTF-8') {
  $json = preg_replace('/[^(\x20-\x7F)]*/','', $json);   
}   

print_r(json_decode($json));

related to curl added json hidden characters in utf-8
Hotdog453

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 11:02:39 PM

Viper, what version of Phoenix are you using?

If nothing else, and this is just sort of a blanket suggestion, I'd try the newest version of Phoenix, which is 1.7.0 IIRC (I'm running it on a few Windows 7 x64 machines here, that I could not get CGMINER working on).

Other than that, no suggestions. Troubleshooting those errors suck Wink
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 01:47:25 AM

Hi,

I must raise my hat to ABC pool staff. Exellent and I really enjoy knowing you run on Amazon cloud. Been hopping too much lately from server to server due mediocre setups.

I have an issue though and thought I ask first before try to debug myself with my nearly nonexistent skills. I get lot of errors which seem to relate json decoding:

ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")

This seems to be related to longpolling only:

/phoenix/minerutil/RPCProtocol.py in line 399 LongPollThread and line 250 (I run phatk 2.1)

/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py  line 360 in decode line 378 in raw decode

I do have whole error message but for some reason remote clipboard sharing is not working.

Hope someone could point me to right direction locating the error cause, otherwise things run very well, stales 0.17% invalid 0%

I thought perhaps the json could be syntax checked for illegal chars etc.
quick googling produced this:

$encoding = mb_detect_encoding($json);

if($encoding == 'UTF-8') {
  $json = preg_replace('/[^(\x20-\x7F)]*/','', $json);   
}   

print_r(json_decode($json));

related to curl added json hidden characters in utf-8

Phoenix 1.6.2 is the most stable of the lot. I use it on my entire farm.
viperzero

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 04:27:39 PM

Thanks for suggestions, I have Phoenix 1.5 with some mods. Too bad no git or svn because can't remember half of mods I have added. It seemed running smoothly & stable but on ABC get those json decoding errors. Perhaps I once again cross my fingers, take backups and upgrade. Have been very happy with performance though (+1.5Gh 24h average @ 4x5850 sapphire radeon xtreme 725 core @ 910) and bigger version number does not always mean more stable outcome (have to try 1.6.2 first).

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 12:50:13 PM

Just moved to 1.7 on my linux machines and so far so good.  Was getting from (svn checkout http://svn3.xp-dev.com/svn/phoenix-miner/trunk) but now using Jedi95's github (as described in the Phoenix thread).

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:39:42 AM

How do people feel about this pool overall? Just looking for some feedback on pool management, statistics available, etc. I'm moving from yourbtc.net with about 2.8 GH/s soon to be about 6 GH/s.

I see this is a solid 0% PPS, but I am always for the pool operators making money since this creates stability and incentive for them to un a decent pool. Can I be so bold to ask the operators how they are faring under this model? Having studied meni's paper on payout systems, this sounds like the best theoretical model, but does pose some risk to the operators.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and please don't post anything negative about the pool, I didn't post here for that reason.
freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 05:42:06 AM

Recently switched from YourBTC (closed) -> EclipseMC -> ABCPool.co. Loving the consistency of ABC. Seems more stable than EMC/YourBTC was. Earnings are more consistent, though on average perhaps slightly lower than (~5%?) than I was getting from YourBTC (w/ 3% donation on both sites). This may be due to the increased difficulty recently though.

Overall, very satisfied with the stability and consistency of payouts. Thanks for the great pool Smiley

Hotdog453

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:45:40 PM

How do people feel about this pool overall? Just looking for some feedback on pool management, statistics available, etc. I'm moving from yourbtc.net with about 2.8 GH/s soon to be about 6 GH/s.

I see this is a solid 0% PPS, but I am always for the pool operators making money since this creates stability and incentive for them to un a decent pool. Can I be so bold to ask the operators how they are faring under this model? Having studied meni's paper on payout systems, this sounds like the best theoretical model, but does pose some risk to the operators.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and please don't post anything negative about the pool, I didn't post here for that reason.

The pool is pretty damn boring, in all honesty. It runs, I get the same amount of BTC given the same hashrate, and I continue on unabated. The best thing I can say is the sheer boredom: No wondering when we'll find a coin, no checking on my Phoenix clients to ensure they're still connected, no... nothing. It just works.

As for the 0% PPS thing, I have to assume if they were losing money hand over fist, they'd change it to an enforced X% donation. They're not idiots. If that means we've gotten lucky and they have a huge surplus of BTC, so be it, or if it means they're getting enough through donations, that works too.

If they enforce a donation/fee, cross that bridge when ya come to it. I can't honestly see joining ANY 0% pool without donating SOMETHING, but that's just me.

My only big wish/desire/hope is they implement Namecoin mining at some point in the future, using the same methodology that they're doing today, or do something like NMC->BTC conversion, and deposit the BTC directly into our existing deposit location. One can only dream... Wink
viperzero

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 06:07:19 PM

I have tried many pools in past few months and I reckon ABCpool is the best one of those. Not a single hickup. Amazon cloudservers are robust and I think pool administrators really know what they are doing. Unfortunately lost 1 GPU on rig mining on ABC so I have no accurate stats but the performance is really good. I personally also don't want to be a freerider. Even though there is no fee for now I donate to ensue this great pool continues. 100% uptime entitles easily an 2.5-4% donation. So No Events Boring=Very good *****

I have 1 Amazon instance and they are not necessarily expensive but not cheap either. The bandwidth costs alone can be pretty pricey.

Upgraded to jedi95 1.7 phoenix and has been running very stable past few days.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:42:06 PM

Just noticed registration has closed. Any comment?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: