Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1423GH] ABCPool PPS - Proxy Pool For High & Steady Mining Rewards  (Read 151529 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:22:23 PM

However, you won't find the stats you're asking for on our site!

ABCPool is all about predictably high mining rewards. The stats are focussed on helping (potential) miners manage their rigs and optimize their rewards. ABCPool is a PPS pool, meaning our miners always get the same high amount for every share submitted, no matter when (or even if) any blocks are found. Current or historical round information, while interesting, has no impact on earnings. There are also some practical barriers to providing round info, because we offload part of pool risk to third parties to be able to offer you such a competitive rate.

Could you have found a more convoluted way of saying "we hop a whole lot of other pools, so don't really generate blocks identifiable as our own"?  Tongue

By the by, there's something up with abcpool, I had an x6500 mining fpga, a 5970 and a 4670 (only about 35Mh/s) pointed at abcpool.

The 4670 is showing 0 Mh/s on the site, and the 5970 and the x6500 between them are only showing 280Mh/s...
Very low stales on my end but the shares just don't seem to be getting counted, so I've diverted my mining power over to p2pool until this gets sorted out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 11:33:03 PM

ABCPool is all about predictably high mining rewards. The stats are focussed on helping (potential) miners manage their rigs and optimize their rewards. ABCPool is a PPS pool, meaning our miners always get the same high amount for every share submitted, no matter when (or even if) any blocks are found. Current or historical round information, while interesting, has no impact on earnings. There are also some practical barriers to providing round info, because we offload part of pool risk to third parties to be able to offer you such a competitive rate.

Could you have found a more convoluted way of saying "we hop a whole lot of other pools, so don't really generate blocks identifiable as our own"?  Tongue
How they proxy isn't related - it's simply that since it is a proxy (as the thread title tells you) that information is - well - somewhat difficult to show when the shares are proxied to different places (including their own bitcoind as far as I understand)

Being a form of PPS means that counting your shares that they determine to be valid and keeping track of difficulty changes is all they need to do accurately to pay you correctly.

If you need that extra information ... then switch to ... almost any non-proxy bitcoin pool around Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
greatwolf

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:37:05 AM

ah oki thanks for the response. I glossed over the thread title but I wasn't really sure what a 'Proxy' pool meant as oppose to other non-proxy pools. Does it mean rather than creating your own blocks for the miners to solve you serve work from blocks that other pools are working on instead?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:16:49 AM

Could you have found a more convoluted way of saying "we hop a whole lot of other pools, so don't really generate blocks identifiable as our own"?  Tongue
How they proxy isn't related - it's simply that since it is a proxy (as the thread title tells you) that information is - well - somewhat difficult to show when the shares are proxied to different places (including their own bitcoind as far as I understand)

Being a form of PPS means that counting your shares that they determine to be valid and keeping track of difficulty changes is all they need to do accurately to pay you correctly.

If you need that extra information ... then switch to ... almost any non-proxy bitcoin pool around Smiley

I hope that this does not mean that this pool is the "Mistery miner". Does ABCpool include transactions?
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Could you have found a more convoluted way of saying "we hop a whole lot of other pools, so don't really generate blocks identifiable as our own"?  Tongue

I hope that this does not mean that this pool is the "Mistery miner". Does ABCpool include transactions?
ABCPool is not the so-called Mystery Miner. If there are transactions, ABCPool blocks are likely to contain them. I'd been following the Mystery Miner story in it's early days (now not so much), and the most likely explanation seemed that it's a large botnet that minimizes calculations, load and/or traffic by not including transaction data.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 11:15:45 AM

ABCPool is not the so-called Mystery Miner.

I wish all your replies in this thread were this direct.  Roll Eyes
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 11:17:10 AM

ah oki thanks for the response. I glossed over the thread title but I wasn't really sure what a 'Proxy' pool meant as oppose to other non-proxy pools. Does it mean rather than creating your own blocks for the miners to solve you serve work from blocks that other pools are working on instead?
We create our own blocks sometimes, and you'll be working on work that other pools provide. From the ops' point of view, a PPS pool is just an enormous solo mining operation because the ops take over all risks from its miners. And what does a solo miner usually do? Join a pool to reduce variance Smiley We actually join multiple pools.

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 02:19:01 PM

The 4670 is showing 0 Mh/s on the site, and the 5970 and the x6500 between them are only showing 280Mh/s...
Very low stales on my end but the shares just don't seem to be getting counted [...].
A 5970 should definitely be getting more than 280Mh/s even on its own. If you PM me your ABC username I'll investigate your case.

Has your miner been idling? I'm asking because we noticed (and fixed) an issue that caused some of the work packets to be potentially incompatible with some mining clients for the last ~3 days. It can only have impacted a very small amount of users because overall hashrate did not change.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 02:26:40 PM

Very low stales on my end but the shares just don't seem to be getting counted [...].
A 5970 should definitely be getting more than 280Mh/s even on its own. If you PM me your ABC username I'll investigate your case.

Has your miner been idling? I'm asking because we noticed (and fixed) an issue that caused some of the work packets to be potentially incompatible with some mining clients for the last ~3 days. It can only have impacted a very small amount of users because overall hashrate did not change.

Would this have anything to do with the 30% stales you were submitting to Ozcoin the other day?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 02:41:38 PM

Would this have anything to do with the 30% stales you were submitting to Ozcoin the other day?

30% is a small percentage?
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 03:29:13 PM

no i think nearly 1/3 of submitted shares being stale is unusually high Smiley
most miners on Ozcoin run below 1%

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 03:48:37 PM

Hi Graet, welcome in our thread!

The abovementioned issue is not related. It had to do with an upstream pool, but not Ozcoin Smiley Let me elaborate on the Ozcoin incident:
Ozcoin has two servers (au and us). The stales you were noticing were occurring only on one of Ozcoins servers. We took that ozcoin server out of rotation for a day. Now it seems to be functioning OK again, so it's back in. You mentioned some backend problems around that time? We attributed it to that and did not pay further attention to it. Overall our experience with Ozcoin has been excellent.

Now for all the ABC miners that might have become worried by a mention of 30% stales:
ABC miners were in no way impacted by those ozcoin stales. share accounting for ABC miners is completely seperated from what upstream pools like Ozcoin are reporting. If ABCPool determines a share to be valid the user gets credited, even if an upstream pool reports it as invalid.

Why is that? Well, the promise we make to our miners has nothing to do with the performance of third parties. Therefore we think it wouldn't be fair to ABC miners if we shifted problems with third parties to them. Our miners have a 'contract' with us, and we have further 'contracts' with third parties. Seperate.

That's also where ABCPool improves on services like Project #2 or GPUMAX. Their users are experiencing a fluctuating amount of stales, because they apply the upstream result to the user instead of doing their own verification. IMHO, such an approach can never provide miners with a predictable experience.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 04:05:25 PM

Hey MintCondition,
I only mentioned it as it was only your miners* that were affected, everyone else was running at normal levels Smiley We didn't think it was related to our server issues, wasn't quite the timing Smiley
And as you pay for stales i guess its impacting your bottom line
Best
Graeme

ABCPool's workers not people submitting to ABC

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 04:20:04 PM

heh nice
you just pushed us over 1Thash and total pool stales currently 0.11 Cheesy

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:46:11 PM

Hey MintCondition,
I only mentioned it as it was only your miners* that were affected, everyone else was running at normal levels Smiley We didn't think it was related to our server issues, wasn't quite the timing Smiley
Thanks. Strange thing is that on our end it was only us.ozco.in, all others were running at normal levels Huh. Should the issue return we'll take a closer look at it.
And as you pay for stales i guess its impacting your bottom line
Quite right Sad

shykull

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 03:30:35 AM

I still cannot mine with my CPU miners.

Help plz.
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 09:04:50 PM

I still cannot mine with my CPU miners.

Help plz.
I'll take a look at it for you. Can you PM me your ABC username and the logging output of your mining client?

MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:39:28 PM

NEWS: Your miner may have been idling/blocked past weekend due to a bitcoin network transition.

This past weekend was a pretty bumpy one for pool miners, and the bumps may not have completely disappeared yet. On april 1, BIP16 support should have been activated for most pools. In reality there's quite a few that still have not implemented it, causing lots of lengthy forks in the blockchain and missed income for miners at those pools.

ABCPool has connections with several of those pools, and therefore ABCPool was also affected by these events, but in a different way. The work being dealt out was switching between the various forks, causing Phoenix (but possibly also other clients) to start hammering the server for new work multiple times per second (while being idle). You may have experienced your miner being blocked because of that. We've taken some measures to ensure that we're always on the right side of the fork now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MC

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 01:11:00 PM

NEWS: Your miner may have been idling/blocked past weekend due to a bitcoin network transition.

Today I am noticing a strangely high rate of rejected (4-6.4%) among my 5 cards. I am using Phoenix 1.72.
Anything I can do?
MintCondition (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 02:03:24 PM

Today I am noticing a strangely high rate of rejected (4-6.4%) among my 5 cards. I am using Phoenix 1.72.
Anything I can do?
Hang in there for a little while, I suspect the worst of the storm is over as pools are getting around to properly updating their bitcoind's.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: