Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POW][CLO] Callisto Network - Cold Staking & Security Audits  (Read 89621 times)
FinalCo

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

When it is planned to conduct a hard fork Cold staking. Can someone give me the exact information?

The planned Callisto hardfork No. 1 (11 November 2018) enables the cold staking protocol. 10% of the total volume of CLO emissions for the entire time of the initial stage of launch will be deposited into the staking contract. This allows early cold stakers to receive an initial reward as if they were staking during the initial stage.

The First Stake offers the highest reward for the earliest stakers.
The amount of staking reward will decrease with time to the normal staking reward amount of 20% of treasury pool.

Total treasury fee at this stage is 30% which includes:

● Development funding: 10%
● Cold staking allocation: 20%

Thank you for your exhaustive answer! Last question. When will the final hard fork, after which the network will begin to function in full?

The planned Callisto hardfork No. 2 (11 November 2019 - this may be delayed) enables a governance system. Cold stakers will be allowed to participate in proposal submitting and proposal voting. A development proposal that has been approved by cold stakers voting will receive funding. The Callisto team and the Official Smart-contract Auditing Department will operate through proposal submitting at this stage.
● Treasury allocation: 10%

This is in the White Paper https://drive.google.com/file/d/18NsazbbcMwmas7TIZRbDslIfNCVeLgBY/view

Here is another reference to the leading role of Cold stakers in the work of Callisto Network. So I'm definitely going to be Cold stakers!

But how will the votes be distributed among Cold stakers? Proportional to CLO "frozen" in a smart contract? Or 1 Cold stakers = 1 vote? How many CLO should I put a minimum?

This issue is very important. Bad development of this particular side of the DAO led to the collapse of the system.

Do you know something about this? How does the Callisto team think to solve this problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:34:22 PM

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what CLO do doe?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
TIXON9I

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:34:35 PM

When it is planned to conduct a hard fork Cold staking. Can someone give me the exact information?

The planned Callisto hardfork No. 1 (11 November 2018) enables the cold staking protocol. 10% of the total volume of CLO emissions for the entire time of the initial stage of launch will be deposited into the staking contract. This allows early cold stakers to receive an initial reward as if they were staking during the initial stage.

The amount of staking reward will decrease with time to the normal staking reward amount of 20% of treasury pool.

Thank you for your exhaustive answer! Last question. When will the final hard fork, after which the network will begin to function in full?

The planned Callisto hardfork No. 2 (11 November 2019 - this may be delayed) enables a governance system. Cold stakers will be allowed to participate in proposal submitting and proposal voting. A development proposal that has been approved by cold stakers voting will receive funding. The Callisto team and the Official Smart-contract Auditing Department will operate through proposal submitting at this stage.

This is in the White Paper https://drive.google.com/file/d/18NsazbbcMwmas7TIZRbDslIfNCVeLgBY/view

Here is another reference to the leading role of Cold stakers in the work of Callisto Network. So I'm definitely going to be Cold stakers!

But how will the votes be distributed among Cold stakers? Proportional to CLO "frozen" in a smart contract? Or 1 Cold stakers = 1 vote? How many CLO should I put a minimum?

This issue is very important. Bad development of this particular side of the DAO led to the collapse of the system.

Do you know something about this? How does the Callisto team think to solve this problem?

I do not know the plans of the team. I can guess how I would solve this problem. To tell your opinion.
KarambaCoin

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:37:05 PM

Do you think that someone is interested in your opinion? ) I see that the team pays little attention to ANN
TIXON9I

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

Do you think that someone is interested in your opinion? ) I see that the team pays little attention to ANN

In the morning I saw a message from the team. By the way, a good team should deal with product development, not with conversations.
KarambaCoin

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

In the morning I saw a message from the team. By the way, a good team should deal with product development, not with conversations.

I wanted to tell you that the team has already most of all thought out and the votes will be distributed in such a way as to exclude manipulation of the voting results. Therefore, I suggest waiting for the announcement from the team on this issue.
TIXON9I

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:48:24 PM

I wanted to tell you that the team has already most of all thought out and the votes will be distributed in such a way as to exclude manipulation of the voting results. Therefore, I suggest waiting for the announcement from the team on this issue.

Well, if everything is exactly as you say.... I just drew attention to this question, so that afterwards there would be no problems.
fridaydrink

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:48:37 PM

Mining is developing very well now. I think if you want to attract a few more capacities - many potential participants of the system will learn about the coin.
Sithcs

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:03:42 PM

Well, if everything is exactly as you say.... I just drew attention to this question, so that afterwards there would be no problems.

I hope that there will be no problems. Manipulation by voting will allow to include in the network not reliable nodes, which will damage the image of the project.

In what do you think will manifest their insecurity? How will the nodes be selected? By what criteria?
Sithcs

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:12:27 PM

I hope that there will be no problems. Manipulation by voting will allow to include in the network not reliable nodes, which will damage the image of the project.

In what do you think will manifest their insecurity? How will the nodes be selected? By what criteria?

Each elected IPFS-host-node will receive monthly salary for maintaining the storage. If one of the nodes does not work correctly, fails to provide a file or maintains a bad connection, then another node can be elected to replace it.
IPFS-host-nodes can receive different salaries depending on the quality, volume of their storage and statistics of processed requests.

Thanks I got it. If there is an opportunity to manipulate the vote, then the nodes of the inadequate configuration can be selected.
kokocik554455

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:17:36 PM

on Calixto the purse on the personal computer is?
Velial_SQUADZ

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:44:07 PM

Maybe 1 CLO = 1 vote? But so "whales" will make the decisions they need.
Dr_Pizarro

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:49:03 PM

I see that everything is thought out. This inspires confidence in success. Security is above all!
That is the very important features that should focus on. Security wherein you are not doubtful to deposit all your money. No hesitation, no regrets. I am hoping that once CLO runs, this will be guaranteed secure.
Yes that is really true and I totally agree to you that in this world of crypto safety and security is really necessary and that is what callisto network offers.
Callisto has great prospects in this market. I also like their protection system. The project team really works a lot and we see their result.
Velial_SQUADZ

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

Maybe 1 CLO = 1 vote? But so "whales" will make the decisions they need.

If you read the rest of the message on this topic, you could understand that no one knows the answer. We are waiting for the team to give an answer.

Here I found, but here are only common words:

Every participant of the Callisto network that holds CLO can become a cold-staker. A Cold-stoker is an account that has locked its funds in the Callisto treasury smart-contract for 1 month or longer. Each cold-staker account can to participate in the decision-making process the Callisto treasury smart-contract or voting FOR or AGAINST existing existing proposals.
Cold stakes will be compensated for being CLO holders and involved in the Callisto development. The total amount of CLO allocated for each cold-staker depends on the total amount of cold stalks that are currently on the Callisto network.
Lola_TaksaXXX

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

I have one question. How is the Cold Staker reward calculated? By what formula?
lottereumDev

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:23:18 PM

Here is a calculator https://mining.alekseirubin.com/clostaking/
You can calculate the approximate return on the invested amount.

This is a stupid calculator. It does not understand anything. Is there a calculator limited by the rules?
Lola_TaksaXXX

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

This is a stupid calculator. It does not understand anything. Is there a calculator limited by the rules?

I, too, did not understand how to use it. Too much run-in between assumptions. I correctly understand that the amount of CLO sent to the distribution is known exactly?
lottereumDev

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:30:28 PM

I, too, did not understand how to use it. Too much run-in between assumptions. I correctly understand that the amount of CLO sent to the distribution is known exactly?

Example 1
(For simplification reasons assume that Staking Reward Pool is 100 CLO/day or 3000 CLO/month. However, the real Staking Reward Pool is 20736000 CLO/month)

Staker_1 deposits 1000 CLO into Staking Contract. Then Staker_2 deposits 4000 CLO into staking contract. As time passes, the Staking Contract is filled with CLO (+100 CLO each day).

After 1 month the Staker_2 claims his reward. (current block — init block/round interval) = 1 in this case (because 1 month = 172,800 blocks). Staker_2 receives 3000 * 1 * 4000/5000 = 2400 CLO. 600 CLO remains at the Staking Contract.

Staker_1 has two options: claim the reward OR wait for better circumstances. If they decide to claim, then the reward will be 600 * 1000/5000 = 120 CLOwhich is not even close to the expected amount. In this case, Staker_1 should wait a bit longer. Staker_2 cannot claim the reward within the next 30 days because of their locking period after the last claim.

After 29 days the Staking Contract has 600 + 29*100 = 3500 CLO at its balance. (current block — init block/round interval) = 2 for Staker_1 because they haven’t claimed the reward for 2 months. Staker_1 now claims 3500*2*(1000/(5000+1000)) = 1166,6 CLO.
Lola_TaksaXXX

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:35:06 PM

Example 1
(For simplification reasons assume that Staking Reward Pool is 100 CLO/day or 3000 CLO/month. However, the real Staking Reward Pool is 20736000 CLO/month)

Staker_1 deposits 1000 CLO into Staking Contract. Then Staker_2 deposits 4000 CLO into staking contract. As time passes, the Staking Contract is filled with CLO (+100 CLO each day).

After 1 month the Staker_2 claims his reward. (current block — init block/round interval) = 1 in this case (because 1 month = 172,800 blocks). Staker_2 receives 3000 * 1 * 4000/5000 = 2400 CLO. 600 CLO remains at the Staking Contract.

Staker_1 has two options: claim the reward OR wait for better circumstances. If they decide to claim, then the reward will be 600 * 1000/5000 = 120 CLOwhich is not even close to the expected amount. In this case, Staker_1 should wait a bit longer. Staker_2 cannot claim the reward within the next 30 days because of their locking period after the last claim.

After 29 days the Staking Contract has 600 + 29*100 = 3500 CLO at its balance. (current block — init block/round interval) = 2 for Staker_1 because they haven’t claimed the reward for 2 months. Staker_1 now claims 3500*2*(1000/(5000+1000)) = 1166,6 CLO.

All this is very difficult. I hope that developers will create applications for calculations.
nikusPiks

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:40:31 PM

I do not see anything complicated in the creation of such a functional. But the benefit will be obvious. After all, developers are interested in a large number of holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: