Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:30:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 [1940] 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:11:48 PM

TOP 5 ACCOUNTS ALL ARE FROM GRAVITON AND DGEX!!

he own it personaly, not the exchange!

he owns more then 20% of NXT !!!!!!

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

Proof?

are you retarded? cos than i understand.

No, I am not.
I am just asking you to prove these accounts belong to Graviton/DGEX, because I honestly don't see it.

just block him. him calling you retarded for asking for proof for an extraordinary claim is clearly trolling. dont feed trolls.

I have a policy never to block people, unless they are truly harassing me. I've often been surprised by contributions, even by trolls.
Calling me retarded is the least of my worries Smiley

However, if it disrupts the thread too much, I can stop feeding the troll.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:13:05 PM

Is it still 2014

Edit: * YES Cheesy

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:13:36 PM

2014!!!! Smiley
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:17:13 PM

Interested
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 10:19:08 PM

NXT is a decentralized, free market ecosystem that incorporates its own peer to peer asset exchange. The NXT Asset Exchange is a virtual market place that allows NXT users to generate assets that can be bought, sold or traded on the open market. These NXT based assets can hold a value of their own, like a crypto currency or loan marker, or be a representation of some thing physical, that has a value, like livestock, precious metals, or what ever NXT users have the creativity and capacity to imply to the asset. The NXT Asset Exchange is also capable of accepting deposits of assets that have been generated outside of the NXT blockchain such as Bitcoin, Litecoin and other crypto currencies. These deposited assets can be bought sold or traded on the NXT Asset Exchange in a similar fashion to conventional private exchanges like Cryptsy or Bter. To compliment and facilitate this free market, NXT also provides a common, decentralized currency. The NXT Asset Exchange provides a means for NXT users to buy, sell, or trade anything. Is this accurate?

I don't exactly follow what you mean when you mention unicorn assets and managing inventory. Is that just a reference to the AE being able to accept crypto deposits for trade as well as generate assets?

NXT Assets currently are issued with all of them created at once. Kind of in the spirit of NXT. However, for creating a 1:1 correspondence between the NXT AE Asset and something tangible, this issue all at once model is not quite right.

For example, in the gateway I have to exchange deposited DOGE with NXT AE DOGE. Since there are 100 billion DOGE and only 1 billion NXT AE DOGE possible, that would create a problem if more than 1% of all DOGE is deposited. For a NXTcoins that are mined at a rate of 100,000 per day it is quite important that the number of NXT assets in circulation match the number that was mined.

In order to make it easy for people to deal with these type of cases, I am creating a NXTcoins development kit where you will be able to specify (within reason) the properties of the coin, especially as it pertains to total authorized, total in circulation, creation criteria, etc.

James

So then the gateway you are working on won't allow for external assets like Bitcoin to be directly deposited but will create an internal representative asset that reflects the real world characteristics of the external asset. This will allow the new internal asset be responsive to influences of those characteristics? The gateway will create a fully functional copy of the external asset but not truly accept the external asset as a deposit? Is this closer to what you mean?
I think you are overcomplicating things. Not sure where the disconnect is...

The gateway allows you to send REAL DOGE ->NXT AE
You then get issued a NXT Asset for the DOGE
You can then trade this asset inside NXT AE
Anybody that gets the NXT DOGE asset will be able to withdraw it to their DOGE account
[Replace DOGE with any bitcoind fork, including bitcoin]

All NXT AE assets are simply a name with a total quantity. It has no value in and of itself, regardless of what it is called. The issuer of the asset however can create value by linking an external item to the issued asset. With tangible goods like silver bars, you will need to trust the issue to honor the redemption commitment. However with crypto it is possible to have it in a publicly viewable account, so that everybody can see that there is 1 DOGE for every DOGE asset that has been issued. However withdrawal used to have a significant amount of trust that was needed. This is because even though you can see the balance, what is to stop the gateway operator (or hacker) to empty the account. Not much comfort to see the 1:1 backing go to 0:1!

To address this, I am using 2 of 3 multisig deposit accounts. All the gateway deposits (from all three gateways) go into the same multisig acct. For all withdrawals all three gateways must approve it and at least 2 have to sign it before it gets released.

Now the trust required has been reduced dramatically. You still have to trust that 2 of the gateway operators wont collude, or that two gateways wont get hacked simultaneously.

So, it is not totally trustless, but source code will be available and people can decide if they are comfortable with utilizing the automatic multisig gateway or take their chances on a traditional centralized gateway.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

Well, after being the one who argued successfully for creation of the NXTinfrastructure fund in the first place, I have decided to withdraw my candidacy for it.  I have the desire but not the technical background that would be appropriate for an in depth deep dive into evaluating its proposed projects.  The slate is still full with five other qualified candidates, maybe more will join them if I move on while there is still time.  I will still be pursuing infrastructure questions here on the forum with great interest, but I'm thinking I am more use to NXT doing more background treasury organization stuff, maybe acting as de facto secretary behind the scenes for all committees perhaps, creating more marketing copy, etc.  We can all only split our time between so many projects.

So...NXT infrastructure committee.  If you're interested in it, your chances for getting on just got better.  Think about it.
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

TOP 5 ACCOUNTS ALL ARE FROM GRAVITON AND DGEX!!

he own it personaly, not the exchange!

he owns more then 20% of NXT !!!!!!

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

Proof?
Ignore him, he's just a troll. First two accounts are initial stackholders who invested 1 BTC each (very greedy people who don't participate nor donate anything to the community) 3rd account is bter's and 4th is graviton/dgex

that is exatly what i am saying did graviton ever donated something in the community, he is an early founder.

as i said these accounts are his, just look and you will see.

graviton input in the community with donations is also zero, so dont blaim me
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:37:02 PM

NXT is a decentralized, free market ecosystem that incorporates its own peer to peer asset exchange. The NXT Asset Exchange is a virtual market place that allows NXT users to generate assets that can be bought, sold or traded on the open market. These NXT based assets can hold a value of their own, like a crypto currency or loan marker, or be a representation of some thing physical, that has a value, like livestock, precious metals, or what ever NXT users have the creativity and capacity to imply to the asset. The NXT Asset Exchange is also capable of accepting deposits of assets that have been generated outside of the NXT blockchain such as Bitcoin, Litecoin and other crypto currencies. These deposited assets can be bought sold or traded on the NXT Asset Exchange in a similar fashion to conventional private exchanges like Cryptsy or Bter. To compliment and facilitate this free market, NXT also provides a common, decentralized currency. The NXT Asset Exchange provides a means for NXT users to buy, sell, or trade anything. Is this accurate?

I don't exactly follow what you mean when you mention unicorn assets and managing inventory. Is that just a reference to the AE being able to accept crypto deposits for trade as well as generate assets?

NXT Assets currently are issued with all of them created at once. Kind of in the spirit of NXT. However, for creating a 1:1 correspondence between the NXT AE Asset and something tangible, this issue all at once model is not quite right.

For example, in the gateway I have to exchange deposited DOGE with NXT AE DOGE. Since there are 100 billion DOGE and only 1 billion NXT AE DOGE possible, that would create a problem if more than 1% of all DOGE is deposited. For a NXTcoins that are mined at a rate of 100,000 per day it is quite important that the number of NXT assets in circulation match the number that was mined.

In order to make it easy for people to deal with these type of cases, I am creating a NXTcoins development kit where you will be able to specify (within reason) the properties of the coin, especially as it pertains to total authorized, total in circulation, creation criteria, etc.

James

So then the gateway you are working on won't allow for external assets like Bitcoin to be directly deposited but will create an internal representative asset that reflects the real world characteristics of the external asset. This will allow the new internal asset be responsive to influences of those characteristics? The gateway will create a fully functional copy of the external asset but not truly accept the external asset as a deposit? Is this closer to what you mean?

Anybody that gets the NXT DOGE asset will be able to withdraw it to their DOGE account

All NXT AE assets are simply a name with a total quantity. It has no value in and of itself, regardless of what it is called. The issuer of the asset however can create value by linking an external item to the issued asset. With tangible goods like silver bars, you will need to trust the issue to honor the redemption commitment. However with crypto it is possible to have it in a publicly viewable account, so that everybody can see that there is 1 DOGE for every DOGE asset that has been issued. However withdrawal used to have a significant amount of trust that was needed. This is because even though you can see the balance, what is to stop the gateway operator (or hacker) to empty the account. Not much comfort to see the 1:1 backing go to 0:1!

To address this, I am using 2 of 3 multisig deposit accounts. All the gateway deposits (from all three gateways) go into the same multisig acct. For all withdrawals all three gateways must approve it and at least 2 have to sign it before it gets released.

Now the trust required has been reduced dramatically. You still have to trust that 2 of the gateway operators wont collude, or that two gateways wont get hacked simultaneously.

So, it is not totally trustless, but source code will be available and people can decide if they are comfortable with utilizing the automatic multisig gateway or take their chances on a traditional centralized gateway.

James

AE issued assets can derive a value of their own though, without being linked to anything. It is not over complicating, it is based in the fact that they are unique and available in controlled limited quantity. The same principles that make Federal Reserve notes have value can be applied to AE generated assets. If some one can implement a way to create a demand for the asset they create then it will have value. A little while ago some people were discussing Iceland using a crypto as its adopted currency. To use this topic as an example of what I mean, If the government of Iceland issued itself an AE asset, then passed legislation requiring taxes to be paid with that asset and no other form of currency, and then put a portion of the asset on the open market, the asset would derive a value. I think the AE is even more capable than people realize. It is not overly complicated. It is awesome.

As far as your gate way though, Anon136 made a reply that I think helped me understand what you mean.
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

James

James

Are you going to implement this into the AE or offer it as a for profit service? It sounds like it may be a potential salable financial product.
goingDeaf

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:57:47 PM

Are the AE tests still going on and is there any point me joining, is there much of a learning curve beyond setup of a client?
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:58:28 PM

NXT FUNDING COMMITTEE VOTE STARTS IN 25 HOURS
AT 12:01 AM MARCH 1 (UTC)

CANDIDACY DECLARATION CLOSES ONE HOUR BEFORE VOTING STARTS.  
DECLARE YOUR CANDIDACY BY 11:01 PM FEB 28 (UTC)

CANDIDACY WITHDRAWAL CLOSES IN ONE HOUR
WITHDRAW YOUR CANDIDACY BY 12:01 AM FEB 28 (UTC) OR YOU ARE GOING ON THE BALLOT

rickyjames has withdrawn from infrastructure slate to concentrate on treasury spreadsheet duties / possible non-voting de facto secretary organizational work for all committees / other NXT activities
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

Are you going to implement this into the AE or offer it as a for profit service? It sounds like it may be a potential salable financial product.
It is built on top of AE, so it is not part of the NXT core itself. I would like this to become the NXT community's gateway and be integrated into some of the existing high capacity NXT nodes. As a community gateway, it should be run as a non-profit, so only fees would be to cover transaction costs. Since the gateway code is not server intensive at all, it wont require much of the server capacity. Running bitcoind is the most intense usage of the gateway. Maybe if a dozen bitcoind forks are running at the same time, eventually disk usage could become an issue.

After I get the gateway code debugged, I expect there will be three of the server guys here who will run the gateway code. My time is much better spent coming up with crazy new ideas and seeing if I can get them implemented. I shouldnt be spending my time running day to day operations of a gateway. No matter how much things are automated, we are talking real money here and there will be times where manual intervention is needed.

James

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:31:55 PM

It is built on top of AE, so it is not part of the NXT core itself. I would like this to become the NXT community's gateway and be integrated into some of the existing high capacity NXT nodes. As a community gateway, it should be run as a non-profit, so only fees would be to cover transaction costs. Since the gateway code is not server intensive at all, it wont require much of the server capacity. Running bitcoind is the most intense usage of the gateway. Maybe if a dozen bitcoind forks are running at the same time, eventually disk usage could become an issue.

After I get the gateway code debugged, I expect there will be three of the server guys here who will run the gateway code. My time is much better spent coming up with crazy new ideas and seeing if I can get them implemented. I shouldnt be spending my time running day to day operations of a gateway. No matter how much things are automated, we are talking real money here and there will be times where manual intervention is needed.

James

Agreed, I would like to see a list of projects you are working on if possible, or plan to work on after DAC.  I know DAC and Nxtcash (mixing) but not sure if there is others we will be aware of.  If you deliver, I can see you getting a good chunk of unclaimed.  Also, would be great if you could list resources that would be needed with each project, such as servers, testers, programmers, etc. So we can be proactive.  Great work so far.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:37:49 PM

James

"three gateways must approve", what if one gateway is not working? what this mean? Idon'T understand the difference between approve and sign.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:06:37 AM

James

Agreed, I would like to see a list of projects you are working on if possible, or plan to work on after DAC.  I know DAC and Nxtcash (mixing) but not sure if there is others we will be aware of.  If you deliver, I can see you getting a good chunk of unclaimed.  Also, would be great if you could list resources that would be needed with each project, such as servers, testers, programmers, etc. So we can be proactive.  Great work so far.
It would be nice if someone can setup a zeronet, testnet for NXTcash alpha. We have made internal release, but it seem that we need an alternate zeronet setup.

Rather than go breadth first for a lot of things that in flux, I think it would be better to go depth first. Concentrate on automated multisig gateway. We get the most bang for the buck, so to speak. Simply by adding support to a new bitcoind fork, we open up an entirely new segment of people. once we get a couple dozen coins supported, we will have one of the largest crypto exchanges (centralized or decentralized)

As soon as I hand off the automated gateway, I plan on adding a NXTcash gateway. It wont have the full support of the zeronet version,but it will still be useful and we can launch it without waiting for zerocash or even porting to Java as we can run it in the gateway layer.

In the short term, I will need DOGE testers, and the community should select the three most trustworthy and independent server operators to host the multisig gateway.

After I cant find any more bugs, we need to get the gateway code thoroughly reviewed. No complicated crypto, just plain  C code review.

If someone can take care of the logistics, that would let me spend more time on coding

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

James

"three gateways must approve", what if one gateway is not working? what this mean? Idon'T understand the difference between approve and sign.
Verifying that the withdrawal should be approved can be done by all three. If one of the gateways goes down, then the other two gateways need to stop their normal activities and either fix the reason for the third gateway being down, or if it is permanently gone, find a replacement and transfer balance to a new multisig with a replacement gateway

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

James

you are an animal! how do you sleep at night with all these ideas and things going through your mind?? :L i seriously hope your one of the people getting a wage??  if i had the money i would pay you out of my own pocket! you really deserve it!! respect man!
It is a problem. When I get an coding idea in my head, it is hard to sleep. I am getting paid around minimum wage, just enough to pay realworld costs so I dont have to worry about bills

Mises_77

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

GET out of nxt fast, hughe red flags

Its over NXT is dead, if you want some money back dump right now cos when whales start to dump it will be at 0 in seconds.

reasons why to dump

community not capable to take over the project
AE not working

client posponed again and again
promissed features not developed
nobody understand the code
epic failing marketing
lot of other stuff going on get out fast

coloredcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:35:21 AM

Is it safe to unlock account and forge on public node? Even that this node is my personal?

It's not recommended.

http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/FAQ#Are_there_public_servers_I_can_use_for_forging.3F
So is it safe to unlock acc and forge with my PC?
Another,is it safe to send Nxt with conneting some public nodes(I dont know whether they are public or not)?
POPPP

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

Are the AE tests still going on and is there any point me joining, is there much of a learning curve beyond setup of a client?

TEST HERE : http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/
create a passphrase only for your testaccount
ask here for some TESTNXT with your account number 
like me :

plz send me some TESTNXT to 6770698723651913351

Pages: « 1 ... 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 [1940] 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: