Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761531 times)
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:49:03 AM

Although the algo still doesn't match what is really going on (if anyone else can make it more correct then please modify it and post the updated results and source) I thought I just do one "slightly more realistic" 10 year analysis:

best_streak( s ) = 19
best_combined_streak = 2
(combined the first 6 accounts)

Thanks for the new model.

What now. Wait for CfB to explain, what the magic in TF is we don't know yet? Get another guy trying to make your code even more realistic? Talking about consequences if your result is the reality?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:50:22 AM

We need a probability distribution for these streaks. Absolute numbers are irrelevant.

To be blunt - why don't you just fix it then (instead of asking me to do more work on it)?

No time right now. Sorry.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:52:22 AM

what kind of font best matches the nxt logo for things like the the text on my silver bar that will say "10 troy ounces of 999 fine silver"?

*edit* rounded letters because the nxt logo is made out of circles but it need to look professional at the same time

Try Gill Sans, it is the font used in the logo.

rofl. no way. this is a process. im working on a final sketchup of my mould. then i have to hire a cad expert to interpret it into cad. then i have to find a machinist to mill the mould for me. then i have to buy silver and a forge. then i have to pray to jesus that it actually works!

The problem right now is purely the handcrafting. It has nothing to do with the actual silver gateway. You might consider getting help from professionals to not 'waste' your precious time on this? Or just have fun figuring it out  Wink
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:55:10 AM

With respect: this is a glib, bullshit answer, and you can't prove the "most of us" part any more than you can prove the "BCNext did math analysis" part.

Three months in and we have no Whitepaper, no documentation of algorithms, and no modelling or statistical analysis.

The greatest irony of the great decentralized Nxt Ecosystem is that its core is centralized in an opaque, anonymous identity who only communicates to the world through a Belarusan Java programmer on contract.

One day soon, Nxt will be called out for this. It is Nxt's biggest flaw.

He found the fatal flaw and he is right.

Wrt "Three months in and we have no Whitepaper, no documentation of algorithms, and no modelling or statistical analysis"...

U have source code. It's enough to get the rest. Don't u think that one needs IQ > 200 to do the analysis?
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:58:48 AM

U have source code. It's enough to get the rest. Don't u think that one needs IQ > 200 to do the analysis?

It seems we have trouble analyzing TF. There are slightly different opinions on how it works. Can't you help us a little here? Is TF fully implemented?
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:11:35 AM

Has anyone seen this yet? If any of you are like me, the rest of bitcointalk pretty much gets ignored simply because this thread is a time drain.

I don't like seeing much about other cryptos here unless it's relevant to Nxt. XCP has been mentioned here more than a few times. It appears they had a major attack involving 150 BTC:

As many of you know, about a week ago, a hacker found a major security hole in the Counterparty protocol that enabled him to send XCP from anyone's address. He used this to send 35,000 XCP from the Poloniex wallet to himself, which he then deposited into his own Poloniex account. He then sold the XCP for 150 BTC and withdrew 115 BTC. Following that, he explained the security hole and offered to return the BTC. He has still not returned the BTC, but my correspondence with him is ongoing.

Users have asked to see the correspondence and the Counterparty developers have all given the OK on publishing it, so here it is: https://poloniex.com/correspondence.pdf

There was more to his message from today, which I have not included because it arrived after the developers gave the OK.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=490025.0

Poloniex was hacked using a bug in XCP, which is solved by now.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:12:18 AM

With respect: this is a glib, bullshit answer, and you can't prove the "most of us" part any more than you can prove the "BCNext did math analysis" part.

Three months in and we have no Whitepaper, no documentation of algorithms, and no modelling or statistical analysis.

The greatest irony of the great decentralized Nxt Ecosystem is that its core is centralized in an opaque, anonymous identity who only communicates to the world through a Belarusan Java programmer on contract.

BCNext likes the path Satoshi chose... Probably he'll leave the project in a couple of months staying anonymous forever
(I would do the same thing btw.)

As for the documentation, algos, etc., I don't agree: NXT is already open sourced enough,... maybe BCNext gives us more features, maybe not...

The real problem is the lack of guys that can understand the code, not just java syntax but the crypto currency specific voodoo

We need to recruit successors - we need young BCNexts, little Come-from-Beyonds (figuratively speaking of course  Grin)

And we need whales that give them enough incentives (=payments) to develop full-time.

To me that's the biggest flaw!

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:16:06 AM

BCNext likes the path Satoshi chose... Probably he'll leave the project in a couple of months staying anonymous forever

As for the documentation, algos, etc., I don't agree: NXT is already open sourced enough,... maybe BCNext gives us more features, maybe not...

The real problem is the lack of guys that can understand the code, not just java syntax but the crypto currency specific voodoo

We need to recruit successors - we need young BCNexts, little Come-from-Beyonds (figuratively speaking of course  Grin)

And we need whales that give them enough incentives (=payments) to develop full-time.

To me thats the biggest flaw!

No, like I said the last time when I brought this up: BCNext himself is responsible for the fact that the community has grown so dependent on him.
With all these plans that are to be rolled out etc. people just become apathic and wait for him and his developers to do everything.
He should've made a official statement regarding NXT now being in the hands of it's users a long time ago.

Thankfully Klee and a few other founders are still founding projects that keep NXT going, but we still need clarification on what sort of developers we are missing. How far along the features have come etc.
Tosun14

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

** Cryptsy Update **

I just heard back from Paul (met him at the Miami Bitcoin Conference), they are looking to implement Nxt in the next few weeks.
I talked with Big Vern @Skype and I introduced CfB to him - he said he will talk to Paul about it (to get help from CfB if needed).

Fantastic. I did a virtual introduction with all the different devs including CfB and Jean-Luc a few weeks ago as well... they have the resources, now it's just a matter of finding time to implement. Nxt keeps taking another step.

Let me make a suggestion to keep this ball rolling.  We should ask the Cryptsy folks to document what was required to get NXT plugged into their system.  Then we should turn right around to allwelder or some of the other Chinese NXT members and see that this info from Cryptsy gets communicated to BTX38.com in China.  We need to be on both of these exchanges as soon as possible.  It is the only way we are going to get exposure to a new pool of capital to buy NXT and get our exchange volume back up.  
during last voting(not for trading,just for adding to their database and mainpage),Nxt was ranked  back.victor is PRT.
http://www.coin38.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1672

BTC38 choose coins from their database to put it into trading system.
So we need first to let Nxt be added into their database.

I have contact with them,there will be another vote recently.

So now,we  first need to register on www.coin38.org,fill personal profile,prepare for the next voting for adding Nxt to their database.
Come on,Nexters.

I don't understand what I have to do here. Can you explain it more?

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:21:34 AM

Cannot be said better than that!!!
The absolute truth! Just want to add that the bounties are focused on anything but development of services.
To get a real bounty a service developer needs to sort of beg, any developer that has some skills will just go and do other things and thats the biggest flow in Nxt.
I know this text will just vanish in the monster thread the same way some developers are vanishing from Nxt but I thought I say it Smiley
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:21:50 AM

No, like I said the last time when I brought this up: BCNext himself is responsible for the fact that the community has grown so dependent on him.
With all these plans that are to be rolled out etc. people just become apathic and wait for him and his developers to do everything.
He should've made a official statement regarding NXT now being in the hands of it's users a long time ago.

Thankfully Klee and a few other founders are still founding projects that keep NXT going, but we still need clarification on what sort of developers we are missing. How far along the features have come etc.

Then name me one person who fully understands those couple of hundred relevant lines of code...

mcjavar

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:28:03 AM

We need to recruit successors - we need young BCNexts, little Come-from-Beyonds (figuratively speaking of course  Grin)

Wit due respect, I can´t understand why CfB and BCNext are waiting for the community to take leadership when "the big plan" is still secret. How do you want to have leaders in the community when they don´t know under what circumstances they have to lead the community as it can be, that the next part of "the big plan" makes all the efforts completely useless.

What I think:
a) BCNext (or CfB) should make a detailed, public roadmap, to see what is planned for the next few weeks, so we can arrange our resources to focus on things that are not coveed by the core developers.
b) more transparency is needed. The code is good, but even people with math skills are struggling understand how forging works.
c) one of the core developers should step up and attend conferences. It is not about decentralization hiding behind the code and letting others figure out how the core functions are working, but it is opacity that we have to fight now. I wouldn´t invest in Nxt now (if I didn´t do it earlier), to be honest, as I don´t see where it is heading and who is sitting in the driver´s seat.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:34:24 AM

Is TF fully implemented?

It's not. And won't be implemented by April, so u should do something if u don't want to live with half-implemented TF.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:36:26 AM

Is TF fully implemented?

It's not. And won't be implemented by April, so u should do something if u don't want to live with half-implemented TF.

I thought TF would be fully implemented by April.  What should we do to help?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:36:40 AM

so i really like this motto "Ordo Ab Chao". should i let the fact that this motto is typically used by high ranking free masons stop me from putting it on my bars? i can just hear the conspiracy theories now Roll Eyes

*edit* i really think it perfectly represents everything that our movement stands for

well, it would be better to use the latin version "Ordo ab Chaos"
mcjavar

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:37:00 AM

Is TF fully implemented?

Ok, this is new to me. AFAIK it was planned to get implemented by April. That´s what we were waiting for. Now, 1 month left till April you tell us, that it won´t?

That is the missing transparency I was talking about one post earlier...
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:38:19 AM

Just talked to bittrex, they have only 86 signups from nxt at the moment..

You should all go and sign up.

Go to https://bittrex.com/Account/Register and use SUPPORT_NXT as the invite code. This gets you past the invite code queue. Place some trades, enabled 2FA, or try any of our other features to help us stress the site before the final launch. If you find a bug, we're handing out bug bounties as well. Having a great exchange helps us but also helps the NXT community.

done
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:39:01 AM

Is TF fully implemented?

Ok, this is new to me. AFAIK it was planned to get implemented by April. That´s what we were waiting for. Now, 1 month left till April you tell us, that it won´t?

That is the missing transparency I was talking about one post earlier...

It was mentioned long ago by CFB that TF won't be ready by April.

I asked him specifically about this a month or so ago.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:40:43 AM

I thought TF would be fully implemented by April.  What should we do to help?

Start with the analysis of the code that we already have and do some improvements to forging. For example, try to get how 90% defence would work (if it works at all).
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:40:57 AM

GUYS THEY ARE VOTING US DOWN...PLS VOTE ON REDDIT:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/1z2f4p/cryptocurrency_enthusiast_donates_1_million_nxt/

Pages: « 1 ... 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 [1914] 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: