Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
swansong

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:44:02 PM

I already watched that. And did exactly the same thing. Just doesnt work.

1) Remove (x86) from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar start.jar

2) Save "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar start.jar -- inside start.bat file....only the above line should be in the .bat file

3) double Click start.bat file

Did not work again. Using windows 7 btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:52:51 PM

I already watched that. And did exactly the same thing. Just doesnt work.

1) Remove (x86) from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar start.jar

2) Save "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar start.jar -- inside start.bat file....only the above line should be in the .bat file

3) double Click start.bat file

Did not work again. Using windows 7 btw.

I suggest you go thru the video again....I had a seriously hard time installing the client just like you until I watched the video and followed it exactly....try going thru the video once or twice again without doing action....just watch the video from beginning to end.

bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:29:56 AM

Nxt News thread

Just a little reminder that we now have a News thread with all the latest news, so in case you don't have the time to read through this thread you can still stay up to date Smiley

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,582.msg4227.html#msg4227
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:39:22 AM

I have an idea.

We could split development among different people to speed things greatly. If my team and me worked on core functions only then we would get advanced features much more earlier. NRS could be a headless server soft and clients would just connect to local private or remote public nodes that run NRS. Transactions can be signed on client side, so it's secure.

R there any bounties for developers and tech support? We could pay to those who create client software or run public nodes.

Also NRS would work much more stable if I got rid of all code related to web interface. Right now it's a monolithic block of code, no MVC pattern at all.

I would volunteer to help with the server-side work once the source is public. I am not much of a UI guy, so can't help with the clients, but I have been doing server-side java on linux for more than 10 years now. Hey, and as a stakeholder I will not be asking for a bounty, I contribute so that I increase the value of my investment.

Can't wait to replace few of those HashMaps with ConcurrentHashMap too...

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:55:20 AM

How much does the community have to raise?

If we pay him, say, 1M then it's ~5'000 USD. But after his work done this million may be worth 500'000 USD...

approximately 0.5 btc..I am unsure how much that is in nxt

Thanks for the support Ola! Some members of NTX dev team expressed interest in a Press Release but unfortunately until now I had not heard anything else from them.

0.5 BTC to 1 BTC will ensure we can do a massive PR campaign Smiley

The only NXT address we have is on the dgex exchange - where NXT deposits are made manually.

So BTC donations would be best. All BTC will be used to purchase NXT on the dgex exchange - as I want to hold more NXT as well as supporting the project Smiley

BTC address for NXT campaign: 1DhWW2JhTFn1sx8wrMTDPDv6UnDUsbShnk

Once we reach at least 0.5 BTC we can get the ball rolling Smiley

Depending on the size of the marketing fund - we can do as many Press Releases as the budget will allow.

I will update this thread once we have reached 0.5 BTC - and then I will work on writing up the Press Release.
No gentlemen this is not the way, of course people may send donation to you as they wish but based on our previous discussion in this thread, I am able to pay you in Nxt from the donation pool I have gathered from stakeholders' donation (~870K Nxt atm we have there).
Ola sent me a pm and so I have to quote: the last time I introduced psybits' pm in the main thread, Become-from-Beyond asked us to wait until the client becomes stable.

I am not a dev or manger of Nxt project, but as the keeper of that donation pool and temporary runner of the bounty thread, I repeat my readiness to pay psybits pre-agreed expenses for covering Nxt in above-mentioned media sites, if and only if the main devs, BCNext and his deputy and current voice Come-from-Beyond agree. But any payment will be only after the job is done satisfactorily.

I have to express my disagreement for the way you are trying to collect BTC or Nxt for compensation of the  media coverage expenses you promise to do, but that is only me and I can't stop people donating you for whatever reason they have under their belt.

PS: for the giveaway waiters, I am sorry for the delay. If my client doesn't get correct sending klee 200K to let him start assigning in the next 24 hours, I ll then send him 200K using a public node to let the giveaway go forward again.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:03:01 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 02:46:23 AM by psybits

Ola asked me to post my BTC address.

As we now have an agreement - if anyone has donated BTC please PM me with your BTC address and the amount you donated and I will provide a refund.

Quite frankly I have more than enough clients currently who are paying up front - so you let me know when you want a Press Release for NXT

Cheers

EDIT: There is actually 0.4 BTC which has been donated towards the NXT Press Release (https://blockchain.info/address/1DhWW2JhTFn1sx8wrMTDPDv6UnDUsbShnk ). So would you like me to do a Press Release for NXT or refund the BTC? As you said you didn't agree with it - so I want approval before / if we go ahead (I like to keep things above board). The main reason we used BTC was because my only NXT wallet is at dgex (which only accepts manual deposits) - and we hadn't heard back from you re the Press Release for NXT and wanted to get the ball rolling.
bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:10:54 AM

Ola asked me to post my BTC address.

As we now have an agreement - if anyone has donated BTC please PM me with your BTC address and the amount you donated and I will provide a refund.

Quite frankly I have more than enough clients currently who are paying up front - so you let me know when you want a Press Release for NXT

Cheers

EDIT: There is actually 0.4 BTC which has been donated towards the NXT Press Release (https://blockchain.info/address/1DhWW2JhTFn1sx8wrMTDPDv6UnDUsbShnk ). So would you like me to do a Press Release for NXT or refund the BTC? As you said you didn't agree with it - so I want approval before / if we go ahead (I like to keep things above board). The main reason we used BTC was because my only NXT wallet is at dgex (which only accepts manual deposits) - and we hadn't heard back from you re the Press Release for NXT and wanted to get the ball rolling.
Dude I just didn't like the method, nothing personal about you, just the method. (I believe you should make a cap for the funding request, so not more than enough donations be sent, or from people who don't know what it is exactly for)
Now that some generous guys have sent you the required 0.4 BTC, you can start and thank you in advance. But please have a submission and conversation with Come-from-Beyond before getting into it, and also please use some material which have been published on the bounty thread for the media coverage (some articles- videos which I am soon to select from and pay the bounty prizes accordingly).

Also please put a cap for the BTC and Nxt donation (that is the part I have problem with). What you do is a kind of paid job, so we better know how much you need per each and in conclusion how much total should be donated to compensate the whole.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:18:54 AM

We desperately need a NXT generalized website (see bitcoin.org).

I'll pay for someone to create one for me, usd,btc or nxt.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:21:37 AM

OpticalCarrier and I are working on organizing this.  You will see a post on NextCoin.org in the Project Development section about this soon.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:26:00 AM

Psybits can you show us previous examples of your promotional work and tell us a little about yourself?  Are you a journalist?  Please start a topic in the "Project Development" section of the NextCoin.org forum.

I think funds for PR should be collected by someone like Pouncer and then paid out of that fund.  Pouncer would be a good choice for administering community funds.

I also think any PR should wait until we get the website up and running.  We will get a better response if we can present a more concise image.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:38:55 AM

I've taken the liberty of starting one but some things still need to be clarified IE: what is the actual name is it NXT, NextCoin or what.
No logo has been decided upon for the coin too. 
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:52:41 AM

I've taken the liberty of starting one but some things still need to be clarified IE: what is the actual name is it NXT, NextCoin or what.

Nxt is the actual name.

What is the domain of your site?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:57:32 AM

I think general consensus is Nxt, no "coin" on the name or logo.  Coin is okay on domain names though (nextcoin.org for example)
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:17:01 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 07:02:50 AM by laowai80

CfB,

maybe it's a stupid question, but what happens if an account is unlocked for mining on a node that was hallmarked using another account's secret phrase? Say, people want to mine using one of the public nodes, and one public node is used for mining by quite a few people, they unlock, close their browser and go away, thinking their accounts mine now. Would they be able to mine that way or would that not work?

Seeing an orphan block at height 15459.
joefox

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 07:00:48 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 07:28:29 AM by joefox

Has anyone seen this fantastic Nxt video?

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386354824506-nxt

Nice vid!  Wideo makes making videos like that very easy, and the more we have, the better.  I say that semi-facetiously, since I've spent hours working on the wiki and forums this week, and would love to see even a small fraction of the 200K+ in donations Petrik got for this work.

I linked Petrik's video to the wiki.  

UPDATE: Someone just dropped me 50K Nxt.  Really, really generous.  I'm going to turn around, though, and divvy it up between myself and a few other folks who have been working hard this week -- opticalcarrier, drexme, and pinarello.  Gonna spread the love, but thanks for sharing it, whoever you are.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:50:51 AM

Psybits can you show us previous examples of your promotional work and tell us a little about yourself?  Are you a journalist?  Please start a topic in the "Project Development" section of the NextCoin.org forum.

I think funds for PR should be collected by someone like Pouncer and then paid out of that fund.  Pouncer would be a good choice for administering community funds.

I also think any PR should wait until we get the website up and running.  We will get a better response if we can present a more concise image.

I run http://bitcoinprbuzz.com - I have a strong background in online marketing and we have been serving the Bitcoin / cryptocurrency community for a year - you can see testimonials from real clients on our site.

You can see the full service at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services

Our thread, which includes samples of work is at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181318.0

We are also on twitter at: http://twitter.com/bitcoinprbuzz

I posted this information previously but it seems to have been lost in all the awesomeness on this thread Smiley

We are actually really busy at the moment - I just wanted to help NXT as I think it has great potential.

I will get started on the draft for the first Press Release - and I will send the draft to bybitcoin for approval before we send it out.

Hopefully once everyone sees the results of the Press Release - everyone here will see the value of it Smiley

Please do not send any more BTC to the PR donation address at this stage - our normal price is 0.5 BTC but I will do the Press Release for NXT for 0.4 BTC. If all goes well we can fund future Press Releases in NXT (which I prefer) - when we can send the required NXT straight to our dgex account. Thanks everyone for your support!

Looking forward to it Smiley
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:55:26 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 04:48:10 PM by abctc

This guy deserves a bounty. His donations address is posted under the video.
- its really impressive video, and surely deserve donation.

Edit: petrik = Salsacz @ nextcoin.org

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:58:15 AM

I would volunteer to help with the server-side work once the source is public. I am not much of a UI guy, so can't help with the clients, but I have been doing server-side java on linux for more than 10 years now. Hey, and as a stakeholder I will not be asking for a bounty, I contribute so that I increase the value of my investment.

Can't wait to replace few of those HashMaps with ConcurrentHashMap too...

U r very welcome.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:03:24 AM

CfB,

maybe it's a stupid question, but what happens if an account is unlocked for mining on a node that was hallmarked using another account's secret phrase? Say, people want to mine using one of the public nodes, and one public node is used for mining by quite a few people, they unlock, close their browser and go away, thinking their accounts mine now. Would they be able to mine that way or would that not work?

Seeing an orphan block at height 15459.

There is no connection between hallmarks and forging. People can forge on marked nodes.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:09:17 AM

This guy deserves a bounty. His donations address is posted under the video. I got things started. I suggest everyone who can afford to, donate a nice chunk to this Petrik fellow.

Don't forget to spread the video!!!

This video is a little bit ahead of the software. Decentralized exchange client is planned in 6 weeks, Instant transactions r not implemented yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: