Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761519 times)
Mistafreeze

Activity: 898
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:19:03 PM

Nxt is too difficult to setup.

Yes, unfortunately it is...there are third-party clients that are easier to install, but the default one that most people use and trust is too difficult for a non-technical oriented user to install and run. Creating an installer that at least installs NRS and creates a shortcut to open the NRS URL should be among the top priorities for the project imho.

I did, 3 months ago....
It used to be in the main post but was apparently removed.

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1902.0.html
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

What would differentiate a "Class A" asset from a "Class B" asset?

perhaps we could limit Class B Asset to not being able to have as many units/shares.

I see.

Although I like the idea, let us clarify what our goal is with this.

It's an interesting idea.

I think we should all remember BCNext's vision for NXT and his thoughts regarding fees.  I agree with BCNext wanting NXT fees to be low.  Imo, 1000 NXT for asset name registration is too high.  I think you should be able to register an asset name for 1 NXT.  By setting NXT fees high, we are excluding people from NXT because they cannot afford the registration price.  NXT should be for everyone.

you have to remember that what we are talking about here is self issued credit. i think its fair to expect that people who are issuing their own credit have SOME assets in reserve, leverage is good and useful but i don't think we want people leveraged at 0 percent.

I don't understand why not? Credit can't truly be self issued anyway. anyone can say "trust me, I am good for it" the credit is issued when someone else says, "OK, I trust you." at that point the fee is just inhibiting private business, which I am whole heartedly against. I can sort of understand the spam argument as a reason for a higher issuing price, as this potential for spam would have a universal effect on the whole community, But I highly disagree with using it as a means of policing private business, and that includes the name squatting arguments, the scam arguments. I could agree with raising trans fees for the AE, but I am with 2kewl on this. How are you going to charge NXT users more than people who are importing assets through gateways?

By charging such a fee anyone trying to sell anything on the market starts in the whole that much.Today About $50 bucks. So If you have something worth $100 it is not worth trying to sell. Really you would have to sell $1000 dollars worth of stuff to get the fee down to 5%. 5% is to high. Lower issue fees give more people more opportunity.

Think of the applicable uses this would eliminate. For example, If I were to want to sell a comic book collection by individual books, I would have to put a 1000 NXT mark up on every book. Any low cost per asset and high asset volume business would have no place on the AE.

Higher fees limit the versatility of the AE in the ways people can use it, restricts the number of users, and restricts the demographics of people who can use it. There are so many creative ways to use this feature if it is not restricted by high cost.

ok so perhaps self monetized credit is a better way of saying it.

i mean how many of this one type of comic book would you have? you dont need to build a market for 1 or 2 items only. you just sell the one or two items on something like ebay. you only need a market in a product that you either produce or have a lot of.

also this helps to protect against domain squatting. thats a really big deal since the person who acquires a domain is the monopoly provider meaning he has the leverage to charge outrageous prices as soon as he knows that someone wants it. if we didnt put a price on it than people would go crazy and reserve every domain imaginable and anyone who wanted to issue an asset would have to pay CRAZY prices. The net effect of making asset registration cheap would be that getting the asset you wanted would be orders of magnitude more expensive than if there was simply a cost for registering to begin with.

*edit* incidentally i really like the idea of having tiers of asset classes. that gives us the best of both worlds.

Yes, tiers would be great.

Btw, if you look at the source of the nxt html page, you will see a reference to a both the "asset exchange" and "stores". So perhaps BCNext had a plan to make something like a storefront too, where a user could sell whatever item he wanted, decentralized. it would be great to have this....
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:23:14 PM

Hey guys, can someone else setup a testnet?
It is difficult for my friend to keep up maintaining it, he is changing jobs and is hell of a busy lately! Until Jean Luc makes the changes he said...

We need to address this ASAP!

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

holycrap AUR just keeps on moving up

We should add AUR to the AE gateway.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:25:16 PM

perhaps we could limit Class B Asset to not being able to have as many units/shares.

I see.

I think we should all remember BCNext's vision for NXT and his thoughts regarding fees.  I agree with BCNext wanting NXT fees to be low.  Imo, 1000 NXT for asset name registration is too high.  I think you should be able to register an asset name for 1 NXT.  By setting NXT fees high, we are excluding people from NXT because they cannot afford the registration price.  NXT should be for everyone.

you have to remember that what we are talking about here is self issued credit. i think its fair to expect that people who are issuing their own credit have SOME assets in reserve, leverage is good and useful but i don't think we want people leveraged at 0 percent.

I don't understand why not? Credit can't truly be self issued anyway. anyone can say "trust me, I am good for it" the credit is issued when someone else says, "OK, I trust you." at that point the fee is just inhibiting private business, which I am whole heartedly against. I can sort of understand the spam argument as a reason for a higher issuing price, as this potential for spam would have a universal effect on the whole community, But I highly disagree with using it as a means of policing private business, and that includes the name squatting arguments, the scam arguments. I could agree with raising trans fees for the AE, but I am with 2kewl on this. How are you going to charge NXT users more than people who are importing assets through gateways?

By charging such a fee anyone trying to sell anything on the market starts in the whole that much.Today About $50 bucks. So If you have something worth $100 it is not worth trying to sell. Really you would have to sell $1000 dollars worth of stuff to get the fee down to 5%. 5% is to high. Lower issue fees give more people more opportunity.

Think of the applicable uses this would eliminate. For example, If I were to want to sell a comic book collection by individual books, I would have to put a 1000 NXT mark up on every book. Any low cost per asset and high asset volume business would have no place on the AE.

Higher fees limit the versatility of the AE in the ways people can use it, restricts the number of users, and restricts the demographics of people who can use it. There are so many creative ways to use this feature if it is not restricted by high cost.

i mean how many of this one type of comic book would you have? you dont need to build a market for 1 or 2 items only. you just sell the one or two items on something like ebay. you only need a market in a product that you either produce or have a lot of.

also this helps to protect against domain squatting. thats a really big deal since the person who acquires a domain is the monopoly provider meaning he has the leverage to charge outrageous prices as soon as he knows that someone wants it. if we didnt put a price on it than people would go crazy and reserve every domain imaginable and anyone who wanted to issue an asset would have to pay CRAZY prices. The net effect of making asset registration cheap would be that getting the asset you wanted would be orders of magnitude more expensive than if there was simply a cost for registering to begin with.

*edit* incidentally i really like the idea of having tiers of asset classes. that gives us the best of both worlds.

Yes, tiers would be great.

Btw, if you look at the source of the nxt html page, you will see a reference to a both the "asset exchange" and "stores". So perhaps BCNext had a plan to make something like a storefront too, where a user could sell whatever item he wanted, decentralized. it would be great to have this....

yes that would be amazing. its definitely a different sort of functionality than we get with AE. i dont think a lot of people realize that.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:26:55 PM

Nxt is too difficult to setup. As of February, I have to somewhat agree with them. Although I have had the NRS since it's inception, it becomes a bit more difficult each time to setup each update. I have always run via SSL, but since 8.0 (I think) this was dropped by default and there is a process to go through to get it working. I know we are moving towards actual clients at some point, however, as it stands today, it is very difficult to setup the NRS for a beginner. I know this to be true, since I have given some Nxt away to colleagues and all have had their issues setting up. Not to mention, even after getting it to work successfully, the amount of errors that appear in the cmd window would scare any new comer away.
If you have a Mac, use the client of Wesley! It's easy to setup, no technical knowledge needed. Just forge!  Wink
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:27:21 PM

holycrap AUR just keeps on moving up

We should add AUR to the AE gateway.

+100 
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

I see.

Real-world shares have the benefit of controlling the company proportionally in the amount of shares you have. We need AT, to do so. Otherwise, it's just good faith.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

Hey guys, can someone else setup a testnet?
It is difficult for my friend to keep up maintaining it, he is changing jobs and is hell of a busy lately! Until Jean Luc makes the changes he said...

We need to address this ASAP!

Opticalc?  Also, did someone start a thread for the atomic x-chain bounty put up by our beloved stakeholder?
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:35:47 PM

Nxt is too difficult to setup. As of February, I have to somewhat agree with them. Although I have had the NRS since it's inception, it becomes a bit more difficult each time to setup each update. I have always run via SSL, but since 8.0 (I think) this was dropped by default and there is a process to go through to get it working. I know we are moving towards actual clients at some point, however, as it stands today, it is very difficult to setup the NRS for a beginner. I know this to be true, since I have given some Nxt away to colleagues and all have had their issues setting up. Not to mention, even after getting it to work successfully, the amount of errors that appear in the cmd window would scare any new comer away.

Tell them to use the online wallet wallet.mynxt.info

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Nxt Social Media Swarm Needed   --   Marketing types and all Nxt stakeholders please read

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5487129#msg5487129

pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:38:34 PM

So could some stakeholders put the biggest chunk of bounty in history of mankind out there for atomic cross chain transaction on nxt please? During this time (this will take a while?!) we should have the best community driven gateway possible, which james is currently building.
OK.
3M NXT (up to 5M for additional features) for atomic cross chain transactions.
Conditions:
a) working client for average user;
b) official approve of all three NXT Funding Committees;
c) fully working asset exchange;
d) working transparent forging in the part marked bold:
NB: The only penalty is inability to mine blocks within some period of time. They still can decide not to bother with mining, but their "hashing" power will be distributed to those who do protect the network.
Last two conditions are my conditions to stop holding investment in 50M NXT.

lets pick this up again.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:45:54 PM

Nxt is too difficult to setup.

Yes, unfortunately it is...there are third-party clients that are easier to install, but the default one that most people use and trust is too difficult for a non-technical oriented user to install and run. Creating an installer that at least installs NRS and creates a shortcut to open the NRS URL should be among the top priorities for the project imho.

Nxt Fees are too high. - I know we have discussed this and have plans in the future, but I think at some point we need to have a concrete plan in place that is very visible to new comers to see.

The plan is to allow fractional amounts of NXT's. Once this is done, the fee will almost certainly be lowered.

For me, I'm not concerned about the fee at all, I simply want to participate while not putting my Nxt at risk. I already run a VPS that is managed by opticalcarrier, but if it's not hallmarked, what real benefit is it providing?

You are forging even if you are not running a hallmarked node.

Also, in relation to this, if I were a new user and followed the directions provided by the wiki to begin forging, they would have no success, atleast with Chrome on Win 7

What's the issue with Chrome on Windows 7?

Second bolded question. Is it really any known problem with Chrome on Win7?
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:48:17 PM

well if nobody listening this will hurt a little, dont blame me.... down we go!

I know I'm going to regret responding to this, but it's my first day off in weeks and I'm feeling particularly Ghandi-esque:

I, for one, encourage your big dumps and would love other large stakeholders (real or imagined) to sell like crazy as well.  The lower the price, the more attractive it is to new people, and the more distributed the tokens become.

So... thanks!

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:49:50 PM

well if nobody listening this will hurt a little, dont blame me.... down we go!

I know I'm going to regret responding to this, but it's my first day off in weeks and I'm feeling particularly Ghandi-esque:

I, for one, encourage your big dumps and would love other large stakeholders (real or imagined) to sell like crazy as well.  The lower the price, the more attractive it is to new people, and the more distributed the tokens become.

So... thanks!

Yup. It allows allows for people that do trade some arbitrage between exchanges Wink
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:54:08 PM

I will be coming to the marketing committee for some funds for the April BTC conventions in NYC, and maybe these private sector projects as well
LONG ON NXT
did they already respond you from http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ so you could be a speaker there as we discuessed it few weeks ago? If not, you have only 2 days for buying a ticket for 50%.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:57:17 PM

I am soooooo exited. Just now, I managed to forge a 22 NXT block :O

http://www.mynxt.info/blockexplorer/details.php?action=bk&bk=7649876548675003996

THIS IS SO SICK

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

http://www.mynxt.info/blockexplorer/details.php?action=bk&bk=7649876548675003996

THIS IS SO SICK
Cool!! Congrats!
crypto_girl

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:11:10 PM

THIS IS SO SICK

Congrats!

Don't think I will ever forge one with the amount of NXT I have Sad
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:11:40 PM

I will be coming to the marketing committee for some funds for the April BTC conventions in NYC, and maybe these private sector projects as well
LONG ON NXT
did they already respond you from http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ so you could be a speaker there as we discuessed it few weeks ago? If not, you have only 2 days for buying a ticket for 50%.

I have not yet registered. I asked the group if it was thought that I was suitable as a speaker, but was not given a reply. It really seems this convention is like all these fly by night exchanges popping up, trying to make a quick buck, selling buckets and shovels at the gold rush.

The $200 is for all attendees, not a speaker.   Is it worth the 3724.58688298 NXT for a ticket still?

I live here, so my only additional cost is subway fare which I will gladly cover Wink

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Pages: « 1 ... 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 [1994] 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: