Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 [2214] 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:11:42 PM

MARKETING TEAM!!!

Can we have a ANN Thread today?

"[ANN]: NXT ASSET EXCHANGE on testNET LIVE! EASY Client included! Ask for testNXT!"

I think nobody knows that our Asset Exchange is working in TestNet?!? Announce it! Mastercoin Exchange will die, I'm sure...

I'd be happy to make a thread for AE.

What needs to be clear for everyone?

I think just this, isn't it?

Wesley's client: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

Where can they ask for TestNxt? In the [ANN] thread? Who will give those out?

Please let me know and I'll make one. Won't have time to monitor it today, though, so some people should step in, too Smiley

if you send a good chunk of test nxt to me i can dish it out for a few hours! Smiley il monitor the [ANN] thread and watch out for any questions. if they are techy ones il just post the link to them here and someone else can step in on that side

I have 1,000,000 TestNxt.
I want to send it out to two people, so we have two people looking at it.
Then I will make the thread and we can GO!
Please give me your Test account number and I'll send you 500,000 TestNxt

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:02 PM

Nxt have a better innovation compared to other altcoins popping up everywhere, but the only thing that is keeping it from progressing is the inability to mine Nxt when you have zero balance from you account or even if you have a thousand of it, decentralize means it is not controlled by a few big stake holders.

I proposed an option for "mining" Nxt.  Technically, this isn't mining, but if someone were to do this, we could all use our SHA-256/Scrypt hashing power to acquire Nxt.

I first posted this over at the Nextcoin.org forum (see here).  Please join the discussion and if anyone who reads this knows of an experienced pool admin who might be interested, please refer them to this topic.

The really cool thing about this approach is that people will most-likely not mine Nxt to dump it.  They will mine Nxt and the process will pump it, rather than suppress value!

Practically any way you look at this approach is a benefit!

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:05 PM

MARKETING TEAM!!!

"[ANN]: First PoW Coin on Top of NXT testNET! Just run a NXT node and earn nodecoins! Trade them on Asset Exchange!"

Fuck! Why is none doing this???

My english is to bad for doing things like that Sad

NOT NOW, TESTNET IS DOWN
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

MARKETING TEAM!!!

"[ANN]: First PoW Coin on Top of NXT in testNET! Just run a NXT node and earn nodecoins! Trade them on Asset Exchange!"

Better just to do Asset Exchange TESTnet ANN today to so gain spotlight cuz mastercoin distributed exchange launches in few hours.

mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:16:08 PM

Nxt have a better innovation compared to other altcoins popping up everywhere, but the only thing that is keeping it from progressing is the inability to mine Nxt when you have zero balance from you account or even if you have a thousand of it, decentralize means it is not controlled by a few big stake holders.

I proposed an option for "mining" Nxt.  Technically, this isn't mining, but if someone were to do this, we could all use our SHA-256/Scrypt hashing power to acquire Nxt.

I first posted this over at the Nextcoin.org forum (see here).  Please join the discussion and if anyone who reads this knows of an experienced pool admin who might be interested, please refer them to this topic.

The really cool thing about this approach is that people will most-likely not mine Nxt to dump it.  They will mine Nxt and the process will pump it, rather than suppress value!

Holy fuck! I love this idea! What do wo need to make this reality?
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

To those of you who have gone negative and dumped your NXT: I was able to pick up much more this payday than I expected and I am that much closer to my goal because of it. I believe you will regret it in the future but I thank you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

The really cool thing about this approach is that people will most-likely not mine Nxt to dump it.  They will mine Nxt and the process will pump it, rather than suppress value!

Someone to do it.  I work full time and I am experienced enough to know that this type of project takes time to do right.  I've worked with the client code but I have 0-experience working on a pool (plus I'm not a web developer.)

So, what we need is a motivated pool manager to do this.  I wish it were me, but it's not.  This is why I'm willing to start a bounty.  However, I won't be able to get that going until a little bit later today.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
gck

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:18:24 PM

Woah, what an interesting 24 hours. Every time I think I understand, I get a bit more confused.

First, James, great work. Regardless of where this all goes, your ability to innovate at the speed you do is undeniable. You are a great asset to the Nxt community.

I am not for or against Nodecoin at this point so I will simply hold my opinion until I am better educated.

However, now for the bigger questions, and this is not just in relation to Nodecoin but to all other coins planned in the future on top of Nxt. If we react to Nodecoin in this manner, I fear what the next weeks will be regarding additional assets and and/or coins. I hope we are able to come to a consensus as soon as possible and allow innovation to flourish.

So, if I am mistaken in my understanding, please correct me.

The purpose of Nodecoin is to encourage network participation?

Nodecoin is rewarded to those that run a node and is redeemable for Nxt?
My question regarding this is, "Where do they redeem them?". Is the scenario something like this.
I am a new comer to Nxt, I have 0 Nxt and no funds to purchase. So, I decide I want to run Nodeminer in hopes of redeeming Nodecoins for Nxt. I run Nodeminer for a specified amount of time and at any time I have accumulated a certain amount I can then redeem for Nxt (and/or use in other services).

My question is, where do the Nxt to redeem actually come from?

Additionally, is Nodecoin redeemable for any other currency? Or is Nxt the only reward? Obviouslly, in a round about way, other coins could be converted to Nxt and then used for the reward.

Is it intended that users that already have Nxt, pre-buy Nodecoins shares to support the Network. Therefore in a sense, outsourcing part of our network participation?

This is my question as well.  Instead of using nodecoin as the sole incentive for running a node...why not let the OTHER assets on NXT be the reward?  You could reward people small amounts of any coin (or asset) they desire from the trading fees (small amounts...say 0.00000010 or less).  Someone with a large stake in NXT could get slightly higher amounts.  That way even someone that has just 1NXT...gets something for being an active node.  That would give one hell of an incentive to get into NXT.  Everyone becomes there own micro exchange.

Am I completely off base here?
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

To those of you who have gone negative and dumped your NXT: I was able to pick up much more this payday than I expected and I am that much closer to my goal because of it. I believe you will regret it in the future but I thank you.

They were basically two whales Smiley
They have enough left ánd you are happy!

Win-win Smiley

mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:19:57 PM

The really cool thing about this approach is that people will most-likely not mine Nxt to dump it.  They will mine Nxt and the process will pump it, rather than suppress value!

Someone to do it.  I work full time and I am experienced enough to know that this type of project takes time to do right.  I've worked with the client code but I have 0-experience working on a pool (plus I'm not a web developer.)

So, what we need is a motivated pool manager to do this.  I wish it were me, but it's not.  This is why I'm willing to start a bounty.  However, I won't be able to get that going until a little bit later today.
I would invest 20k Nxt in this. The return would come from the pool fee.
What do you think about this business model? Smiley
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:20:56 PM

Sounds good.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:22:59 PM

i think stick with the web client! wait until testnet is back up if we have to.. better to give ppl a link.. no download ect.. its just easier for people to do!

+1
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:23:54 PM

And let the pool miners run Nxt in the background.
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

some testNXt please : 4891842774218925776

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
Touque

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Interesting idea. FYI - here is his idea on nextcoin.org:

-----------------
The idea is simple.  We could setup a SHA-256 & Scrypt mining pool.  The pool can use the coinwarz API to determine which coin is currently most profitable and it could mine the most profitable coin at the moment.  HOWEVER, instead of distributing these coins directly to the miners, the pool forwards all mining rewards to an exchange, dumps the coins, buys up Nxt with the profits and then re-distributes the Nxt to the miners.

So, although direct Nxt "mining" may not be possible, a mining pool for this purpose could help the entire community by providing an easy way for people to obtain some Nxt (even if the amounts are small) PLUS this should have a net-positive affect on the price of Nxt because the pool will be dumping other altcoins, and buying up Nxt.

So, does anyone know someone who could make this possibly happen?  Seriously, I think this could be a great idea.  I'd do it myself, but I don't have the time plus I've never managed a pool.  If we have any former (or current) pool managers, this could be awesome!

-----------------------
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:26:36 PM

Ehmm, the whole testnet is down???

I run a my node on testnet, it not down, just your webservice?

Well lets give them the windows client with your latest client build in?

dont think that is a good idea. i think stick with the web client! wait until testnet is back up if we have to.. better to give ppl a link.. no download ect.. its just easier for people to do!

I will be away from computers till late tonight.
Leaving in 45 minutes.

So if it's up earlier, someone else can set up the thread maybe?
I can dish out TestNxt when I get home tonight to a few people so we can hand out stakes to testers.

OR: we can wait with the thread till I get home and start it then.

I think we want to be sure that it will be able to handle anything BCT users can throw at it anyway Smiley

Your call

wesleyh

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:29:20 PM

MARKETING TEAM!!!

"[ANN]: First PoW Coin on Top of NXT testNET! Just run a NXT node and earn nodecoins! Trade them on Asset Exchange!"

NOT NOW, TESTNET IS DOWN
argh!  Cheesy
Ehmm, the whole testnet is down???

I run a my node on testnet, it not down, just your webservice?

Well lets give them the windows client with your latest client build in?

More accurately testnet is STUCK. See last block date time.
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

Woah, what an interesting 24 hours. Every time I think I understand, I get a bit more confused.

First, James, great work. Regardless of where this all goes, your ability to innovate at the speed you do is undeniable. You are a great asset to the Nxt community.

I am not for or against Nodecoin at this point so I will simply hold my opinion until I am better educated.

However, now for the bigger questions, and this is not just in relation to Nodecoin but to all other coins planned in the future on top of Nxt. If we react to Nodecoin in this manner, I fear what the next weeks will be regarding additional assets and and/or coins. I hope we are able to come to a consensus as soon as possible and allow innovation to flourish.

So, if I am mistaken in my understanding, please correct me.

The purpose of Nodecoin is to encourage network participation?

Nodecoin is rewarded to those that run a node and is redeemable for Nxt?
My question regarding this is, "Where do they redeem them?". Is the scenario something like this.
I am a new comer to Nxt, I have 0 Nxt and no funds to purchase. So, I decide I want to run Nodeminer in hopes of redeeming Nodecoins for Nxt. I run Nodeminer for a specified amount of time and at any time I have accumulated a certain amount I can then redeem for Nxt (and/or use in other services).

My question is, where do the Nxt to redeem actually come from?

Additionally, is Nodecoin redeemable for any other currency? Or is Nxt the only reward? Obviouslly, in a round about way, other coins could be converted to Nxt and then used for the reward.

Is it intended that users that already have Nxt, pre-buy Nodecoins shares to support the Network. Therefore in a sense, outsourcing part of our network participation?

This is my question as well.  Instead of using nodecoin as the sole incentive for running a node...why not let the OTHER assets on NXT be the reward?  You could reward people small amounts of any coin (or asset) they desire from the trading fees (small amounts...say 0.00000010 or less).  Someone with a large stake in NXT could get slightly higher amounts.  That way even someone that has just 1NXT...gets something for being an active node.  That would give one hell of an incentive to get into NXT.  Everyone becomes there own micro exchange.

Am I completely off base here?

of course!

this is the solution. AE NXT exchange charges a small fee for each transaction and distributes
the fee to the active nodes
ebereon

Activity: 397

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:30:41 PM

NOT NOW, TESTNET IS DOWN

wesleyh, when is it up again?
wesleyh

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:31:19 PM

NOT NOW, TESTNET IS DOWN

wesleyh, when is it up again?

It's a bug, it needs to be fixed. Need new version of NRS most likely.
Pages: « 1 ... 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 [2214] 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: