Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
robmob

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:56:17 AM

I do not see a place to monotor the temp other then by feel am I missing something?

You can't. The miner utilises the fan PWM sensor to make sure there is cooling there. If the cooling stops, it stops mining. This is the same reason why you're house fan is unlikely to work as it won't know there is a fan there.

Hmm ok been running fine the past 10 min with house fan we will see how it goes. also that multi miner to use that do I need to plug the cubes in with the usb plugs to the computer to pick them up ? and I have them pointed at CEX.io to mine for more GH would you reccomend a better pool?

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:40:00 AM

I do not see a place to monotor the temp other then by feel am I missing something?

You can't. The miner utilises the fan PWM sensor to make sure there is cooling there. If the cooling stops, it stops mining. This is the same reason why you're house fan is unlikely to work as it won't know there is a fan there.

Hmm ok been running fine the past 10 min with house fan we will see how it goes. also that multi miner to use that do I need to plug the cubes in with the usb plugs to the computer to pick them up ? and I have them pointed at CEX.io to mine for more GH would you reccomend a better pool?

If using MultiMiner, you will need to enable the stratum proxy option and ensure the machine running MultiMiner has a static IP so it wont hop around. Point your Cube at the PC running MultiMiner with the ports configured properly and pick your favorite pools. I use Slush and BTCGuild for a backup but there are quite a few good BTC pools.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
robmob

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:42:23 AM

If using MultiMiner, you will need to enable the stratum proxy option and ensure the machine running MultiMiner has a static IP so it wont hop around. Point your Cube at the PC running MultiMiner with the ports configured properly and pick your favorite pools. I use Slush and BTCGuild for a backup but there are quite a few good BTC pools.

OK cool thanks for your help greatly appreciated.

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:58:19 AM

OK cool thanks for your help greatly appreciated.

Sure thing mate

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ElectricSavant

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

Well just swapped out PSUs, but apparently still can't get it to connect to BTC Guild.  It appears that it is restarting every couple of minutes.  It was shutting down completely with my 630W PSU, so I swapped it out to an 850W Antec and it is still clearly resetting every minute or two.   Tried Slush's pool but it kept timing out on me... mining can be so very exhausting...

Was hoping to have gotten it earlier in the day, but I am tired and ready to relax and watch some Football.

Here is what the proxy miner is showing:
https://i.imgur.com/sRo77S3.jpg

Here is the settings on the Cube Miner page:
https://i.imgur.com/mQG6fVU.jpg

Thanks for all of the help so far, and hopefully I can get it working tomorrow Smiley

I have those plus (+) signs in "Pool addresses" field and the "Miners user:pass" field on the purple page. I tried to take them away and when I refresh I am not able to and they are still there. Please Help me as I wanted to try slush's pool

ElectricSavant™
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

Well just swapped out PSUs, but apparently still can't get it to connect to BTC Guild.  It appears that it is restarting every couple of minutes.  It was shutting down completely with my 630W PSU, so I swapped it out to an 850W Antec and it is still clearly resetting every minute or two.   Tried Slush's pool but it kept timing out on me... mining can be so very exhausting...

Was hoping to have gotten it earlier in the day, but I am tired and ready to relax and watch some Football.

Here is what the proxy miner is showing:

Here is the settings on the Cube Miner page:

Thanks for all of the help so far, and hopefully I can get it working tomorrow Smiley

I have those plus (+) signs in "Pool addresses" field and the "Miners user:pass" field on the purple page. I tried to take them away and when I refresh I am not able to and they are still there. Please Help me as I wanted to try slush's pool

ElectricSavant™

When you delete/remove the + signs from your pool address (or make any other changes), click the UPDATE/RESTART button to save the info.

You might try pool ports 8332 as well

Also, I would drop that mining_proxy.exe like a BAD habit and use MultiMiner as it has a built-in stratum proxy option and a mobile app!
http://www.multiminerapp.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.new;topicseen#new

*Got LootCrate?*
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:19:48 PM

Are you clicking update/restart?

ElectricSavant

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:28:10 AM

Are you clicking update/restart?

yes..but I got a little closer. I downloaded chrome, apparantly IE was somehow not allowing me to updates to stick.

MB
Hellcat

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:26:00 PM

If the cube shuts off after 2 seconds, is that a sign that the power supply is not good enough?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

If the cube shuts off after 2 seconds, is that a sign that the power supply is not good enough?

Yes, unless its a very high end PSU exhibiting surge protection.

Hellcat

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 09:00:02 AM

Yes, unless its a very high end PSU exhibiting surge protection.
Thanks. I managed to get both my cubes working (one just needed a new fuse). Will see if the Coolermaster B600 can handle two cubes Tongue

The seller suggested that I plug in the fuse after I turn on the psu, since I was having problems. Wouldn't something like this be more practical?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13029_200.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/37358/37358-add1-lg.jpg
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

No, don't use that or plug the fuse in after.

utdrmac

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 07:49:04 PM by utdrmac

Hey Dogie,
I have 3 of these cubes and two Corsair AX850 (/e7qEGt]http://[Suspicious link removed]/e7qEGt). Right now, 1 PS powers two cubes and the 2nd powers the other cube. If each cube only takes 200W, why can't I power all three cubes with 1 PS? I don't run overclocked. Is it somehow more efficient with my config vs running 3 cubes on one PS?  If not, how can I accomplish running all 3 on one PS?

If each cube needs 6x 12v and 6x GND, can I use a pinout diagram and make custom cables to provide this from the other, unused, slots on the PS?

Tips: 1drmacW6UYAfHNjRrxN7SYuN3Q9R9v6K6
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:31:49 PM

Thank You for this guide/tutorial, greatly reduced the setup time for a couple of 30gh/s block erupters I just got.

Kind of sad that one of the cards has two X's...  Embarrassed

Alpha359

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:20:12 PM

Hi dogie,

1) Do you happen to know the make/model or airflow of the fan included in the cube? I'm thinking of upgrading the fan with one that has more airflow when I reverse the fan direction. But, I am also concerned if the 3-pins on the cube can handle a higher airflow fan that draws more current.

2) Would there be any benefit to hashrate by adding additional cooling in the form of a second fan attached to the front of the cube?
d2dtk

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

Hi dogie,

1) Do you happen to know the make/model or airflow of the fan included in the cube? I'm thinking of upgrading the fan with one that has more airflow when I reverse the fan direction. But, I am also concerned if the 3-pins on the cube can handle a higher airflow fan that draws more current.

2) Would there be any benefit to hashrate by adding additional cooling in the form of a second fan attached to the front of the cube?

2) It won't provide you any additional hashing but will help keep it stable and have a longer life.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

Hi dogie,

1) Its a generic fan, impossible to tell. The 3 pin header will be fine, you'll only ever be asking 3W even with a OTT fan.

d2dtk

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:58:30 PM

Hi dogie,

1) Its a generic fan, impossible to tell. The 3 pin header will be fine, you'll only ever be asking 3W even with a OTT fan.

I just installed a 120mm 90CFM fan in one of the miners and it has an extreme amount of airflow now. I have noted that the fan sounds like its being adjusted by the cube because every so often I hear it speed up or slow down a tad.

Maybe someone can help me with this issue I've seen. When I run two cubes on OC through one computer they get about 25-35 each. However, If I run them on two separate computers with the proxy pointing to the corresponding computer they get about 35-45 each.

Any reason why there would be such a difference by using two computers running the cubes through the proxy program?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:06:11 PM

Hi dogie,

I just installed a 120mm 90CFM fan in one of the miners and it has an extreme amount of airflow now. I have noted that the fan sounds like its being adjusted by the cube because every so often I hear it speed up or slow down a tad.

Maybe someone can help me with this issue I've seen. When I run two cubes on OC through one computer they get about 25-35 each. However, If I run them on two separate computers with the proxy pointing to the corresponding computer they get about 35-45 each.

Any reason why there would be such a difference by using two computers running the cubes through the proxy program?
Does that put them onto different network switches by any chance?

d2dtk

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:15:48 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:28:16 PM by d2dtk

Does that put them onto different network switches by any chance?

The 2 computers and 2 cubes are on the same router. All I had to do was run the program and tell one miner to connect to the other computer.

My shares per second have almost doubled as well since I have ran them through separate computers.

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: