Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
Johnshpon3

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:51:10 PM

Hi to all.
Absolutely great forum.
So I'm in mining now almost 3 month Shocked Shocked Grin and now my cube begins to kill me.
It is little bit more than 1 month in my posesion and first 2 weeks it works great overclocked (37,5 GH).
Than begin to restart itself: relay clicks inside and only one green LED stay, after 1-5 mins start by itself and resume working.
Now the problem is more heavy. After shut down it wont start again, only one green LED stay and cube is do nothing, fan is spinning at normal speed.
Than I shut down PS and start it again and fter that Cube start normaly and than work from 1 hour to now max. 2 days and than repeat this cycle.
My PS is new (same age than cube 1 month), XFX Pro 750W, bronze and only use it for 1 Cube.
I tried different input cables from PS to cube.
I cleaned and tightened cooling bodies inside cube.
Cube is connected to TP-Link wireless router with RJ-45, used only for cube and laptop runing proxy, no Android devices connected to wireless.
Laptop is running W7 Pro, proxy for cube and CFG miner 3.9.0 for couple of Bitfurry's and ASIC miners.
When cube went off, USB miners keep working without interruptions.
My apologies if this problem was discused already, but I can not find nothing about this particular problem.
Thanks.
MikyMouse

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:14:30 PM

hi, i'm just arrived and i'm thinking to get a cube. I found the link above but i don't understand, if i buy there the products are in europe? so VAT, import fees etc are included in that price?

and another question, if I use a PSU, i have to wire green and black wire to turn it on (and then turn on the cube) right?

thank you
Yes, EU means in the EU. These aren't new release products so they're well distributed around the world. Yes, you will need to wire green to black.

anyone bought from them? and do you know how many days it requires to ship to Italy?
M1981

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:03:00 PM

hi, i received my cube today, as im a lucky guy, it doesnt work  Angry Grin

when i start psu, the fan spins and only one green light on sb power, nothing else, no power light, no ethernet,  is it normal Huh

Hello, i just received my cube, tried with a 700w psu, leading in starting few seconds, then stopping (psu secure mode). I changed for a, 500W , and wired the pcie to the cube. Unfortunately, same issue. The cube starts few seconds then stops, and the psu falls into security mode for 5 minutes. Have you an idea of what's happening ?
twig123

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:37:27 PM

hi, i received my cube today, as im a lucky guy, it doesnt work  Angry Grin

when i start psu, the fan spins and only one green light on sb power, nothing else, no power light, no ethernet,  is it normal Huh
Did you plug in the fuse to the cube?
I've overlooked the fuse several times when taking my cubes apart and putting them back together, and it case act just like you described without the fuse. (Or PSU isn't providing enough power).

Bitcoin: 11c3RRAyVA33DrkNyRz9dfvLogvGvYKWL
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:56:26 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 07:35:18 PM by stex2009

hi, i received my cube today, as im a lucky guy, it doesnt work  Angry Grin

when i start psu, the fan spins and only one green light on sb power, nothing else, no power light, no ethernet,  is it normal Huh

Sounds like your psu isn't powerful enough, what psu are you using?
Not sure if yours is PSU issue too, I had similar issues and was resolved using a better PSU. 'corsair' as dogie mentioned.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:37:05 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 09:04:15 PM by stex2009

img removed
I thought this was enough. 52A on 12V ? I tried to connect 2 separate lines on the cube (not the 2 connectors on same line). like he img below.

img removed

I know stex2009 probably solved his PS issues by now but for anyone else...

If you're looking to run just a single cube, the XFX 550W that goes on sale for $20-ish after rebate every so often is a really decent choice for the money.

It's made by Seasonic.  It's only Bronze but it's a solid 44A +12V.

If you need to run multiple cubes the most cost efficient way might be a cheap Z750P and a server-grade power supply interface board.
so newegg now has it for close to $30 after rebate, coupon, tax.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

Ok, so, I have this blade on the cube, from which this thing came off. Is there a way to fix it ?
img removed

Dude.  You have like the absolute worst luck.  Ever.  Sad
agree, and still havent fixed this board yet. This might be a minor fix.
but finally got my cubes working on corsair 750M. One other cube still has issues and disconnects itself after a few minutes. tried on 2-3 different PSUs.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

hi, i'm just arrived and i'm thinking to get a cube. I found the link above but i don't understand, if i buy there the products are in europe? so VAT, import fees etc are included in that price?

and another question, if I use a PSU, i have to wire green and black wire to turn it on (and then turn on the cube) right?

thank you
Yes, EU means in the EU. These aren't new release products so they're well distributed around the world. Yes, you will need to wire green to black.

anyone bought from them? and do you know how many days it requires to ship to Italy?
It should say on checkout, but lots of people have bought.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:59:42 PM

Hi to all.
Absolutely great forum.
So I'm in mining now almost 3 month Shocked Shocked Grin and now my cube begins to kill me.
It is little bit more than 1 month in my posesion and first 2 weeks it works great overclocked (37,5 GH).
Than begin to restart itself: relay clicks inside and only one green LED stay, after 1-5 mins start by itself and resume working.
Now the problem is more heavy. After shut down it wont start again, only one green LED stay and cube is do nothing, fan is spinning at normal speed.
Than I shut down PS and start it again and fter that Cube start normaly and than work from 1 hour to now max. 2 days and than repeat this cycle.
My PS is new (same age than cube 1 month), XFX Pro 750W, bronze and only use it for 1 Cube.
Cube is connected to TP-Link wireless router with RJ-45, used only for cube and laptop runing proxy, no Android devices connected to wireless.
Laptop is running W7 Pro, proxy for cube and CFG miner 3.9.0 for couple of Bitfurry's and ASIC miners.
My apologies if this problem was discused already, but I can not find nothing about this particular problem.
Thanks.
It initially sounds like PSU, but it could be something on the motherboard of the Cube. Probably worth opening it up and taking a look.

DanZaph

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:55:23 AM

If your laptop is on wireless, that's the most likely cause. Wifi simply isn't designed to have 130GH of getwork traffic through it.

What kind (bytes/sec) of traffic is there to the pools? for say 100 GH/s with Cubes?

Old enough to have lived dangerously—great times!
Setting up a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:23:01 AM

Hi to all.
Absolutely great forum.
Thanks.

Shouldn't be a PS issue unless you got a dud or glitchy one.  The 750W XFX models could probably power two Cubes.  Depends on your exact model.  You can link us to the specific model if you just want to be sure.

How have you been cooling the Cube?  Just the included stock fan?  What's your operating environment's ambient temp?

I'd remove all the blades and start adding them back one by one, testing the Cube's operation for a set period time (maybe 30 to 60 minutes) after each blade gets added back. 

If it shuts down with one blade, try a different one to start with.  If you eventually find it works with two, but you add a third, fourth, etc...

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:26:59 AM

Hello, i just received my cube, tried with a 700w psu, leading in starting few seconds, then stopping (psu secure mode). I changed for a, 500W , and wired the pcie to the cube. Unfortunately, same issue. The cube starts few seconds then stops, and the psu falls into security mode for 5 minutes. Have you an idea of what's happening ?

Which specific PSU models?  Not all supplies are equal.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

so newegg now has it for close to $30 after rebate, coupon, tax.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

Yeah depends on when you catch the sale, where you live, etc.

It's currently $25.99 shipped + tax (if applicable) after the rebate.  Again, that model is just for a single cube.

I think the Z750P + interface board is a much better deal for those with multiple Cubes right now.

agree, and still havent fixed this board yet. This might be a minor fix.
but finally got my cubes working on corsair 750M. One other cube still has issues and disconnects itself after a few minutes. tried on 2-3 different PSUs.

Glad to hear you got the one working at least.

Definitely something awry with the other Cube then.  Hope you get it sorted.

Johnshpon3

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:35:20 AM

Hi to all.
Absolutely great forum.
Thanks.

Shouldn't be a PS issue unless you got a dud or glitchy one.  The 750W XFX models could probably power two Cubes.  Depends on your exact model.  You can link us to the specific model if you just want to be sure.

How have you been cooling the Cube?  Just the included stock fan?  What's your operating environment's ambient temp?

I'd remove all the blades and start adding them back one by one, testing the Cube's operation for a set period time (maybe 30 to 60 minutes) after each blade gets added back. 

If it shuts down with one blade, try a different one to start with.  If you eventually find it works with two, but you add a third, fourth, etc...

So for now everything point to PS. I think I will remove Antec 750W from my LTC rig and put it to the cube for begining.
Yup, I run cube with stock fan and it work in cool environment not more than 20 degrees C.
If no changes than will proceed with blades as suggested by Dogie. MB of cube I already checked...no obvious problems.
I will let you know what  I found out.
Thanks
M1981

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:09:50 AM

I used this PSU
Cooler Master Thunder 700 W
Corsair 500W CX-80 Plus
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:31:18 AM

I used this PSU
Corsair 500W CX-80 Plus

The Corsair psu will power it, I'm using the same to power my cube without issue. Does the PSU work without the cube hooked up?  Could be a short somewhere.  If the cube wont even run without the cube hooked up, it might not be getting enough power.
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:12:20 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 08:10:12 PM by DanZaph

I am wondering what some of the status items are in the Cube display, specifically:

(4:3) F1 F2 F3
Utility
Switch mode: Equal priority or Primary/Backup
Long Poll: inactive

Also, is there any difference between the Primary and Backup settings?

I created a blog page http://zaph.com/cube about setting up the Cube and want to add this information to it. If anyone has more info for the page please email me or comment, I am still updating it.

Yeah, I am Noob with mining. :-)

I did notice a couple of things:
1) I have power wiring that is 2 feet long which seems to be 20 gage wire and there is a total loss of about 0.2 volts. So, beware of long power wiring.

2) Most routers supply DNS so that is the reason the Cube's Primary DNS is usually set to the router which is usually set to the Internet provider DNS. The DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are Google DNS and makes a good secondary as do others like OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and
208.67.220.220).

3) When the Cube's default address (192.168.1.254) is in conflict the router there is a simple solution: Connect the computer directly to the Cube with a standard Ethernet cable, a cross-over cable is not needed. There is a video by JonesGear showing how to change the Cube's IP address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqqXn6lRbc.

M1981

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:24:24 PM

I used this PSU
Corsair 500W CX-80 Plus

The Corsair psu will power it, I'm using the same to power my cube without issue. Does the PSU work without the cube hooked up?  Could be a short somewhere.  If the cube wont even run without the cube hooked up, it might not be getting enough power.

The PSU work - when the cube starting only one Green LED switch ON, the other two led still OFF, and in few second PSU go in Secure Mode. 
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:00:10 PM

I blew my fuses as well because the ones that came with mine were 32V.  Once I purchased 12V 30A ones I was fine.  Just my two cents, hope that helps!

Fuses simply and only work with current (amps). The voltage rating is a maximum mainly due to safety, one would not want to use a fuse rated at 12 volts on a circuit of 120 volts due to safety. A 30 amp fuse rated at 32 volts will work the same as a 30 amp fuse rated at 12 volts with voltages of 12 volts or less.

If a fuse blows it is because the current (amps) exceeded the fuse rating and something to be concerned about. But it could also be a cheap fuse that can not handle it's rated current (or even less) over a sustained period of time.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:54:36 PM

I blew my fuses as well because the ones that came with mine were 32V.  Once I purchased 12V 30A ones I was fine.  Just my two cents, hope that helps!

Fuses simply and only work with current (amps). The voltage rating is a maximum mainly due to safety, one would not want to use a fuse rated at 12 volts on a circuit of 120 volts due to safety. A 30 amp fuse rated at 32 volts will work the same as a 30 amp fuse rated at 12 volts with voltages of 12 volts or less.

If a fuse blows it is because the current (amps) exceeded the fuse rating and something to be concerned about. But it could also be a cheap fuse that can not handle it's rated current (or even less) over a sustained period of time.
Lots of fuses have blown and been replaced with no obvious problems.

DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

If a fuse blows it is because the current (amps) exceeded the fuse rating and something to be concerned about.But it could also be a cheap fuse that can not handle it's rated current (or even less) over a sustained period of time.
Lots of fuses have blown and been replaced with no obvious problems.

Note the last sentence, I highlighted it above. Still, it a fuse blows in my car that is a cause for concern.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: