Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
ShosMeister

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:03:30 PM

Just a note to those who may be having a similar problem:

I pool mine and often like to determine which pool I want to mine rather than point to the pool port on the server. Problem is, what happens if that pool goes down for some reason? Simple, use the function of the cube to set two different pools and use the Primary/Backup as it's designed.

Setup two listening ports, 6502 and 6503, for the Primary/Backup.

Started two different proxies one listening on 6502 and the other on 6503.

If the primary stops responding, the cube will automatically switch to the backup. If the primary comes back up, it will automatically switch back.

Also created a quick little .bat file to ease the startup of the proxy if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the guide.
ShosMeister

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:09:52 PM

Still looking for some advice on my previous questions:

Simple questions but didn't seem to find an answer searching here nor reading through for a couple of days.

1. Is there a way to safely power down the cube? Just seems rough to turn off the power supply.
2. Is there a way to stop it from requesting more work and let it finish what it has then report it before shutting down?

Setup is basically as described in this guide with cube and proxy.

Understand the reply to #1 about the discharge capacitors so basically turning off the power supply is "okay".

More concerned with #2 though to ensure that all the work is done and reported back to the server before shutting down.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:43:21 PM

Still looking for some advice on my previous questions:

Simple questions but didn't seem to find an answer searching here nor reading through for a couple of days.

1. Is there a way to safely power down the cube? Just seems rough to turn off the power supply.
2. Is there a way to stop it from requesting more work and let it finish what it has then report it before shutting down?

Setup is basically as described in this guide with cube and proxy.

Understand the reply to #1 about the discharge capacitors so basically turning off the power supply is "okay".

More concerned with #2 though to ensure that all the work is done and reported back to the server before shutting down.

1) Capacitors on both sides, the components don't care.
2) No. These are dumb electronics hence the prices of manufacture.

Phildo93

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

Ok I need some help here. I spent quite some time yesterday setting up one of my Block erupter cubes. At first I couldn't access the configuration page but finally after some rtfming all I had to do was press the reset button  Grin. So I was up and mining on Slush's pool for about 45 minutes. Normally I mine on Eclipse MC and I tried setting the proxy up for that and had no luck so I just went with Slush's. Anyways, after 45 minutes last night I start getting this:

Code:
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "twisted\web\server.pyo", line 189, in process

File "twisted\web\server.pyo", line 238, in render

File "twisted\web\resource.pyo", line 250, in render

File "mining_libs\getwork_listener.pyo", line 165, in render_POST

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 139, in maybeDeferred

File "mining_libs\worker_registry.pyo", line 37, in authorize

File "stratum\socket_transport.pyo", line 93, in rpc

stratum.custom_exceptions.TransportException: Not connected

Over and over again. So I restart the proxy and it just does the same thing

Code:
2014-03-11 03:59:19,900 INFO proxy jobs.<module> # C extension for midstate not
available. Using default implementation instead.
2014-03-11 03:59:19,900 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum proxy version:
2014-03-11 03:59:19,900 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.test_update # Checking for up
dates...
2014-03-11 03:59:22,691 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Trying to connect to S
tratum pool at stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333
2014-03-11 03:59:22,926 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 1 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-03-11 03:59:22,926 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Connected to Stratu
m pool at stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333
2014-03-11 03:59:22,926 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for min
ing jobs
2014-03-11 03:59:56,730 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # ----------------------
-------------------------------------------------
2014-03-11 03:59:56,730 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # PROXY IS LISTENING ON
ALL IPs ON PORT 3333 (stratum) AND 8332 (getwork)
2014-03-11 03:59:56,730 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # ----------------------
-------------------------------------------------
2014-03-11 03:59:56,730 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new dif
ficulty: 2
2014-03-11 03:59:56,730 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # New job 35382 f
or prevhash e788d5bb, clean_jobs=False
2014-03-11 04:00:32,986 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_disconnect # Disconnected fro
m Stratum pool at stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333
2014-03-11 04:00:32,986 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 0 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
Unhandled Error

Unhandled Error

etc...

Does anyone know was this means? This proxy and network stuff is a bit foreign to me. Previously I've just dealt with my cards and jalapenos.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

Looks like some form of firewall is getting in the way.

Shaker242

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:26:42 AM

*Unrelated to the thread*

I was curious if anyone knows a good site to sell a few cubes for BTC?  I have two or 3 that I'd like to let go of to make room for some other gear...
Just Amazon them

Even for BTC?  Okay, I'll have a look... thanks.
ShosMeister

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:16:54 AM

Is there a way to setup BFGMiner instead of using the proxy? I've been trying but have had no success. I've got BFG 3.10/x64. Have it working fine with CPU, GPU and an Antminer U1 but can't get it to work with my cube.
Phildo93

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:57:42 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 02:13:24 AM by Phildo93

Looks like some form of firewall is getting in the way.
Thanks for the reply. Mmm how should I go about remedying that? Through my router config page?

Update: So I messed with some stuff in my router firewall settings O_O and it seems to be running pretty smoothly, getting ~36gh/s on BTC Guild.

Is there a way to setup BFGMiner instead of using the proxy? I've been trying but have had no success. I've got BFG 3.10/x64. Have it working fine with CPU, GPU and an Antminer U1 but can't get it to work with my cube.

I would also like to know if this is possible. It seems like it'd be a lot less work. I tried getting BFGminer to recognize the cube with the "\\.\COM#" command but no luck.
BTCIRV

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:20:48 PM

I had a shutdown issue for over a month with my Cube. I thought it was total carbage. I wrote someplace back around page 29 a couple months ago and never got a response.

In the interim I discovered a couple things and got my cube to run stably for several weeks at a time:

1) I pulled out the stock fan that came with the unit. I replaced it with a smaller 90mm higher RPM fan at about 2700RPM. The smaller fan works fine for cooling and I used some scotch tape to hold it in place. The fans that shipped with the Cubes were garbage. Mine started failing after a few days. The fan connects right to the voltage sensor, so this causes a lot of trouble. The high RPM fan solves this issue. Half the reason why it shuts down so often is that the sensor senses that the stock fan is too slow.
2) The Cube doesn't like ANY thing else broadcasting to it on the network. It can handle your pool software: BFGminer, or XPTproxy, but that's about it. If you put your unit on a network SWITCH - not a hub, but a switch, it will cut off any network contention that shuts the unit off.

After these two changes, my unit runs for at least a week at a time without issue.
BTCIRV

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:23:49 PM

Don't use the 64bit version. go to the 32.
ShosMeister

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:08:29 PM

I did try that one as well and it failed indicating it could not connect to the proxy port xxxx and no devices were found. Tried to manually add them using all and auto and all it found was my graphics card.
activescott

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:30:44 AM

I had a shutdown issue for over a month with my Cube. I thought it was total carbage. I wrote someplace back around page 29 a couple months ago and never got a response.

In the interim I discovered a couple things and got my cube to run stably for several weeks at a time:

1) I pulled out the stock fan that came with the unit. I replaced it with a smaller 90mm higher RPM fan at about 2700RPM. The smaller fan works fine for cooling and I used some scotch tape to hold it in place. The fans that shipped with the Cubes were garbage. Mine started failing after a few days. The fan connects right to the voltage sensor, so this causes a lot of trouble. The high RPM fan solves this issue. Half the reason why it shuts down so often is that the sensor senses that the stock fan is too slow.
2) The Cube doesn't like ANY thing else broadcasting to it on the network. It can handle your pool software: BFGminer, or XPTproxy, but that's about it. If you put your unit on a network SWITCH - not a hub, but a switch, it will cut off any network contention that shuts the unit off.

After these two changes, my unit runs for at least a week at a time without issue.

Yep, I've got four on switches without any problem. I have two that don't like to overclock. One shuts all chips off, the other just flips the clock, but these two both run fine in Low clock at ~32ghs. The other two run for weeks at a time overclocked at 38+ghs.
activescott

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:33:32 AM

Hi Dogie,

I have the ASIC Cube. Currently it is setup on my Windows-based desktop and it runs great with CGminer and Stratum Proxy w/BTCGuild. I have a Raspberry pi w/Debian. Hubby wants me to connect the the CGminer on the Pi. I have no idea how to use Linux and was wondering if you would be so kind as to give me a detailed, step by step instruction on how to download, install w/extraction, .bat (but I know it's something else on Pi), and run procedure for the CGminer? I know how to do the Cube config page. I just don't know anything else bcuz Linux OS is different. Thank you so much!

Let me know if you still want help with this. I haven't done it on a pi, but I run slush's stratum proxy on linux (debian) with four cubes and don't have any problems. If you're dead set on CGminer, I can't help. I don't use it on linux (although it should work just fine).
ShosMeister

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:45:55 AM

I did try that one as well and it failed indicating it could not connect to the proxy port xxxx and no devices were found. Tried to manually add them using all and auto and all it found was my graphics card.

Update. I think I managed to get it working. Not sure why they weren't communicating before but .....

Shut everything down and made sure the cube was up and running. No other devices/miners were running and started 32bit version of BFG with the http-port option and it just sat there for a while and declared the proxy as dead Sad Sad

Verified my pools and ports and restarted BFG from within rather than quitting and restarting and it started requesting work and the cube is showing that it's processing.

Yeah!!! Thanks for the help guys!
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Update. I think I managed to get it working. Not sure why they weren't communicating before but .....

Shut everything down and made sure the cube was up and running. No other devices/miners were running and started 32bit version of BFG with the http-port option and it just sat there for a while and declared the proxy as dead Sad Sad

Verified my pools and ports and restarted BFG from within rather than quitting and restarting and it started requesting work and the cube is showing that it's processing.

WAIT!!! I wanna know.....how did you do this? I'd like to switch from Slushs proxy to BFGMiner so I can run a different pool. I can't seem to get it to see the Cube. Not sure if it needs a driver or what. Explain plz.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
BTCIRV

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:09:17 AM

WAIT!!! I wanna know.....how did you do this? I'd like to switch from Slushs proxy to BFGMiner so I can run a different pool. I can't seem to get it to see the Cube. Not sure if it needs a driver or what. Explain plz.

I had the same issue with my unit early on, and help was sparse. BFGMiner 32 bit version.

I'll copy you my conf:
{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:8888",
      "user" : "XXXX.xxx",
      "pass" : "x",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.coinex.pw:9044",
      "user" : "xxxxx",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:8888",
      "user" : "xxxx.xxx",
   }
]
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"log" : "5",
"failover-only" : true,
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : false,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/share/bfgminer",
"http-port" : 8332
}
BTCIRV

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

Yep, I've got four on switches without any problem. I have two that don't like to overclock. One shuts all chips off, the other just flips the clock, but these two both run fine in Low clock at ~32ghs. The other two run for weeks at a time overclocked at 38+ghs.

Mine has never overclocked unless I removed at least 2 cards.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:01:30 AM

Hey guys,

I've put this guide on my site and am looking for feedback. Do you prefer the guide on the forum, how it looks on the site or both? Any other thoughts?

http://dogiecoin.weebly.com/asicminer-cube.html (soon to be dogiecoin.com)

BTCIRV

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

Hey guys,

I've put this guide on my site and am looking for feedback. Do you prefer the guide on the forum, how it looks on the site or both? Any other thoughts?

http://dogiecoin.weebly.com/asicminer-cube.html (soon to be dogiecoin.com)

Thanks, it looks good. I'll check it out more closely in the AM. You may want to inform people of using a switch and 2700 RPM fan. Mine shut off every 5 min for a month until I did this. Thanks for all your effort to support everyone. These machines can be a nightmare.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:03:34 AM

You may want to inform people of using a switch and 2700 RPM fan. Mine shut off every 5 min for a month until I did this.
?
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: