Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:25:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:29:02 AM

I've got two troublesome blades that I think may be hopeless, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

The first one hashes, but several of the chips register a clock of 999 while still showing O, but it cripples the cubes efficiency down into the high 50's and low 60's. In the first pic you can see some bad soldering in two places. Anyway to clean it out fairly easily?

The second one kills the whole cube regardless of the slot it is installed in.  In the second pic you can see how bad the pins look. There was a lot more (solder? flux? crap?) basically connecting the pins together that I tried cleaning up a bit, but it still looks bad and doesn't run.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Also, is there anywhere one could purchase replacement blades?

Thanks for reading.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
calo247

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:37:16 AM

i have a question, so after hours of fiddling around i finally got one of my cubes to work, now under low clocks my efficiency is about 90% but when i switch to high clocks it drops to like 60% any ideas?

thanks
stef942

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Hi, still cannot make this *"''é&²àç@ cube to work  Cry

bought a corsair cx600, just received, still same, the psu runs, the cube fan runs but only the sb power led on  Cry

what can i do now?
DanZaph

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:41:08 PM

In the first pic you can see some bad soldering in two places. Anyway to clean it out fairly easily?

In the second pic you can see how bad the pins look. There was a lot more (solder? flux? crap?) basically connecting the pins together that I tried cleaning up a bit, but it still looks bad and doesn't run.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If it is flux that is just cosmetic. In the old days we used to use trichloroethylene or trichloroethane with a toothbrush to clean up hand soldered boards.

Old enough to have lived dangerously—great times!
Setting up a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:38:55 PM

i have a question, so after hours of fiddling around i finally got one of my cubes to work, now under low clocks my efficiency is about 90% but when i switch to high clocks it drops to like 60% any ideas?

thanks
Either insufficient power or luck of the draw.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Hi, still cannot make this *"''é&²àç@ cube to work  Cry

bought a corsair cx600, just received, still same, the psu runs, the cube fan runs but only the sb power led on  Cry

what can i do now?
Talk to your reseller about getting a replacement, nothing you can do [easily].

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:41:20 PM

I've got two troublesome blades that I think may be hopeless, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

The first one hashes, but several of the chips register a clock of 999 while still showing O, but it cripples the cubes efficiency down into the high 50's and low 60's. In the first pic you can see some bad soldering in two places. Anyway to clean it out fairly easily?

The second one kills the whole cube regardless of the slot it is installed in.  In the second pic you can see how bad the pins look. There was a lot more (solder? flux? crap?) basically connecting the pins together that I tried cleaning up a bit, but it still looks bad and doesn't run.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Also, is there anywhere one could purchase replacement blades?

Thanks for reading.

I can't particularly see where the problems are, but don't plug the electrically dead board in, it can cause serious problems. Take both to a local electrical shop and see if they can find anything obvious they can fix (also bring a good board for comparison). If not, talk to your reseller and ask to replace those individual blades. I don't think you can purchase them separately otherwise.

DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:08:37 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 07:34:18 PM by DanZaph

no Android devices connected to wireless.
My Cube mines for a bit, but then stops until I reset it: Take all android phones/tablets OFF the wifi, they interfere for some reason.
It seems like the Android router problem has to do with it ignoring the DHCP lease times.

Full information can be found on theAndroid Open Source Project - Issue Tracker: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11236 "DHCP client ignores lease time".

One thing that may help is to make sure the Cube(s) and any proxy are on addresses outside the DHCP pool so there will not be any collisions.

With or without Android insure the proxy address is either statically assigned outside the DHCP pool or set to always get the same address from DHCP, this will prevent a new proxy address stopping mining.

DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:51:26 PM

You've got ONE strand of PCI-E cable trying to power ~300W - that is likely your problem.

In my case which seems typical the wire is 20 AWG (gage). Running at high there is 0.2 volts drop with two cable assemblies (strands) 2 feet long. With one there will be twice as much current and the voltage drop will be twice as large, probably around 0.4 volts which is starting to be meaningful. Also the wires will be getting hotter, I feel them.

You really need to to use two cable assemblies (strands), one for each connector.

Johnshpon3

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

Hi to all.
Absolutely great forum.
So I'm in mining now almost 3 month Shocked Shocked Grin and now my cube begins to kill me.
It is little bit more than 1 month in my posesion and first 2 weeks it works great overclocked (37,5 GH).
Than begin to restart itself: relay clicks inside and only one green LED stay, after 1-5 mins start by itself and resume working.
Now the problem is more heavy. After shut down it wont start again, only one green LED stay and cube is do nothing, fan is spinning at normal speed.
Than I shut down PS and start it again and fter that Cube start normaly and than work from 1 hour to now max. 2 days and than repeat this cycle.
My PS is new (same age than cube 1 month), XFX Pro 750W, bronze and only use it for 1 Cube.
I tried different input cables from PS to cube.
I cleaned and tightened cooling bodies inside cube.
Cube is connected to TP-Link wireless router with RJ-45, used only for cube and laptop runing proxy, no Android devices connected to wireless.
Laptop is running W7 Pro, proxy for cube and CFG miner 3.9.0 for couple of Bitfurry's and ASIC miners.
When cube went off, USB miners keep working without interruptions.
My apologies if this problem was discused already, but I can not find nothing about this particular problem.
Thanks.

Shouldn't be a PS issue unless you got a dud or glitchy one.  The 750W XFX models could probably power two Cubes.  Depends on your exact model.  You can link us to the specific model if you just want to be sure.

How have you been cooling the Cube?  Just the included stock fan?  What's your operating environment's ambient temp?

I'd remove all the blades and start adding them back one by one, testing the Cube's operation for a set period time (maybe 30 to 60 minutes) after each blade gets added back. 

If it shuts down with one blade, try a different one to start with.  If you eventually find it works with two, but you add a third, fourth, etc...

So for now everything point to PS. I think I will remove Antec 750W from my LTC rig and put it to the cube for begining.
Yup, I run cube with stock fan and it work in cool environment not more than 20 degrees C.
If no changes than will proceed with blades as suggested by Dogie. MB of cube I already checked...no obvious problems.
I will let you know what  I found out.
Thanks

Changed PS with Antec HCP-750 - problem persist.
I checked also blades and MB and begin to suspect 2 capacitors 220uF which I think they are responsible for 12V power. It looks like cheap-shit and can see cross on the top of case what is never to see with quality one. i think I will order Japan capacitors 105C and replace it.
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:47:09 PM

... begin to suspect 2 capacitors 220uF which I think they are responsible for 12V power. It looks like cheap-shit and can see cross on the top of case what is never to see with quality one. i think I will order Japan capacitors 105C and replace it.
The "cross" is a protective measure. From the site: http://www.ami.ac.uk/courses/topics/0136_ec/

The main concern is internal heat and gas generation, and fault conditions may cause sufficient internal pressure to rupture the can. This is why large capacitor cases have an integral pressure relief: with small capacitors, this may take the form of a ‘rubber plug’ at the lead exit or, more commonly, a deliberately weakened area (often seen as a pressed cross on the end of the package) which determines where the rupture takes place.

So if there is no rupture that is not an indication of "cheapness" and no reason to suspect the capacitors.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:26:25 AM

... begin to suspect 2 capacitors 220uF which I think they are responsible for 12V power. It looks like cheap-shit and can see cross on the top of case what is never to see with quality one. i think I will order Japan capacitors 105C and replace it.
The "cross" is a protective measure. From the site: http://www.ami.ac.uk/courses/topics/0136_ec/

The main concern is internal heat and gas generation, and fault conditions may cause sufficient internal pressure to rupture the can. This is why large capacitor cases have an integral pressure relief: with small capacitors, this may take the form of a ‘rubber plug’ at the lead exit or, more commonly, a deliberately weakened area (often seen as a pressed cross on the end of the package) which determines where the rupture takes place.

So if there is no rupture that is not an indication of "cheapness" and no reason to suspect the capacitors.
+1

allengrad

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:41:16 AM

have been having an issue getting my cube running  for some reason i cannot upload pictures eithe...is there any way you could assist me. it would be greatly appreciated
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

have been having an issue getting my cube running  for some reason i cannot upload pictures eithe...is there any way you could assist me. it would be greatly appreciated
Tell us where you are in the process, what problems you are having, what is working?

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:57:24 AM

I have a question regarding the Miners user:pass field.  I've bounced the cube around to a few different pools to mine different coins and I haven't changed the field once.  I'm also using different Worker names and passwords as well. 

Does it affect the cubes performance at all?
Johnshpon3

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:20:32 AM

+1

I'm well aware of this. But....if you check high quality Japan capacitors you never see this weakened area. Also I see many cheap capacitors which was not ruptured yet, they were only swealed and decleared 'good for garbage' Smiley.
Anyway I was in contact with seller and they sent me picture which contact of relay I should shortened.
Problem solved, safety decreased but hashing...for now. Smiley
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:44:29 PM

I have a question regarding the Miners user:pass field.  I've bounced the cube around to a few different pools to mine different coins and I haven't changed the field once.  I'm also using different Worker names and passwords as well. 

Does it affect the cubes performance at all?

If the pool accepts the login and is crediting your account... then it would make no difference.

DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:58:53 PM

Anyway I was in contact with seller and they sent me picture which contact of relay I should shortened.
Problem solved, safety decreased but hashing...for now. Smiley
Care to share that information and image?

allengrad

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:16:59 PM

well, ive gotten the cube up, all good chips, my issue i think is connecting to the computer running the proxy.

the proxy is receiving work orders i have the pool address as the computer running the proxy, and i have an account on slush's pool so i put my username and password in as directed.  however the cube remains 'inactive'

i still cant upload photos for some reason
DanZaph

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

i still cant upload photos for some reason
From the thread: How do you upload a photo on bitcointalk.org?Huh

To upload photos:
Upload then to http://imgur.com/
Then click on and copy/paste your image link between the two [img] tag.

Also consider just copying and pasting the information.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: