Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:16:13 AM

Cube now hashes perfectly for 15-20 mins, then 'dead'. Still power issue ?
What have you changed since last time. Is it the same cube that is failing?

And I've said it a million times, use slush's stratum proxy. Its so much simpler because in this case you don't know if its BFG.
using slush's stratum proxy now. purchased this TT 650 W, model SP-650P  (someone mentioned a few posts before it worked for them) It says uses single +12v rail. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153173
hashing from the last 5 mins. lets see if this lasts. Will also shut down my android phone if it stops now.
This one also stops after 5-10 mins (only one green light remain on the cube, fan is still working, but no other lights ON, and can't access the config page).
Give me a PSU name and I get that one tomorrow!
Corsair **anything** 500-750W. 1000s of them round the world powering ASIC equipment.
Perfect. Got the corsair cx modular 750 W
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-cx-series-modular-cx750m-750w-atx-power-supply-black/8324202.p?id=1218872214205&skuId=8324202
My cube has been up for 15+ hrs now. It was just the PSU, and I opened and closed my cube atleat 25 times.

You guys think I can run 2 cubes with this?
[/quote]

I looked at your specs here:

http://www.corsair.com/us/media/cms/manual/corsair-psu-spec-table-091813.pdf. It should work though, according to that you should be running 62A. Hard to say from this though as the stats are different there than what they are on the box of the one I have (CX500)

Look on the back of your box and see what the max load for amps are under the +12v column. For 2 cubes, you're going to to need at least 56A.

It does show 4 PCI-e cables as well, so you'll be fine for plug in cables.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:40:42 AM

Will try 2 cubes on this PSU soon.

Ok, so, I have this blade on the cube, from which this thing came off. Is there a way to fix it ?

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:55:50 AM

Yes they can be reseated but it looks like you need a new one as well.
What needs to happen is create a new soldier pad for the one that is gone and then carefully heat and seat the new cap.
If you are not familiar with how to do it look for a local electronics repair shop as they usually have techs that can ID the cap and install it properly and quickly for just a few dollars as it is a simple task.

Ok, so, I have this blade on the cube, from which this thing came off. Is there a way to fix it ?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

What needs to happen is create a new soldier pad for the one that is gone and then carefully heat and seat the new cap.
If you are not familiar with how to do it look for a local electronics repair shop as they usually have techs that can ID the cap and install it properly and quickly for just a few dollars as it is a simple task.

Yep, take it to an electronics shop.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:08:58 PM

The same type of cap used to fall off ATI video cards all the time years ago.
I got so sick of resoldiering them on for customers that insisted on ATI instead of Nvidia at the time.
At least his board is not toast that is the silver lining here.

dayold

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

I have a Coolmax CU-700B semi-modular PSU running my cube overclocked with no problems. if you do get it just remember to use the RED 6-pin plug, not the other two black ones or the PSU will go into surge protection mode. i think i might be able to run a second cube by using the molex to PCIe plugs... don't have the money for a second cube yet tho lol
sweaving

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

Been running my Cube on my Rasp Pi for 24 hrs now and hasnt missed a beat! I have to mention that BFGminer as a proxy is faaaaaarrrrrr better than the Proxy from Slush's, it seams to use maybe only 1/10 the CPU and gives a much more stable gh.

If any one wants Pi setup details for BFGminer let me know and i will make a post describing my steps.
utdrmac

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:54:56 PM

Hello all,
I have just bought my 1st Asic Cube, i have it setup and running the proxy (on my windows PC)as per descriptions on here, all good so far! but i would like to run in with my Rasp Pi, i have configured the proxy from slush and everything connects ok and the cube starts to run now, my Pis CPU goes to 100% and stays there, and only half the cubes processors run and its producing around 15gh max, can anyone help with this?
i have tried to use bfgminer but this simply will not connect! any ideas as i know people are running 4/5 cubes from there pis.

Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve,
I tried running slush's proxy on RPi Model B and I was only able to get 1 cube running at max hashrate. 3 cubes pegged the RPi cpu and hashrates for each cube were around 12-15GHs.  I happen to have a ReadyNAS with an Intel ATOM that is running slush's proxy and uses about 20-30% cpu but all cubes are >32GHs.

You say the bfgminer proxy is better? Since it compiles to C, I'll have to give that a try on RPi.

Tips: 1drmacW6UYAfHNjRrxN7SYuN3Q9R9v6K6
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:45:54 PM

I got so sick of resoldiering them on for customers that insisted on ATI instead of Nvidia at the time.

What is this cap ? What's the function of this cap!
Is it safe to run the blade without this cap?
I will take it to electronics shop today and get it fixed.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:19:23 PM

Do not run it without the cap.  It looks like a regulator.

What is this cap ? What's the function of this cap!
Is it safe to run the blade without this cap?
I will take it to electronics shop today and get it fixed.

J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:31:41 AM

One hell of a week here... My workstation with my entire life of it had a corrupt boot file, had to install a fresh OS. In the mix of all this happening I moved some blades over to a Raspberry Pi running on WiFi. The blades on the Raspberry run full hash, but now my cubes on a laptop are topping out at 23gh/s. I turned off the blades and it didn't improve the situation on the cubes, so I don't think it's a network traffic problem.

Anyone know why cubes would suddenly top out at 23mh/s?? All four of them are having the same problem, and they are all running through Slush's proxy (one for each, different ports) on an older laptop. I'm up to my neck in so much shit right now related to everything other than mining right now, so help would be greatly appreciated! VERY bad day/week here Sad Sad Sad
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:00:56 AM

One hell of a week here... My workstation with my entire life of it had a corrupt boot file, had to install a fresh OS. In the mix of all this happening I moved some blades over to a Raspberry Pi running on WiFi. The blades on the Raspberry run full hash, but now my cubes on a laptop are topping out at 23gh/s. I turned off the blades and it didn't improve the situation on the cubes, so I don't think it's a network traffic problem.

Anyone know why cubes would suddenly top out at 23mh/s?? All four of them are having the same problem, and they are all running through Slush's proxy (one for each, different ports) on an older laptop. I'm up to my neck in so much shit right now related to everything other than mining right now, so help would be greatly appreciated! VERY bad day/week here Sad Sad Sad
Test by turning one cube off. Do the rest improve? Then they're fighting for something.

If your laptop is on wireless, that's the most likely cause. Wifi simply isn't designed to have 130GH of getwork traffic through it.

graphicsdump

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:38:43 AM

Quick update....nailed it! yey... Grin

i now have 6 x Antminer U1's and 1 asic cube running from my Pi..

Would you mind going through your setup and possibly instructions on software you've installed and how you configured it all to get it working?
graphicsdump

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:40:11 AM

Been running my Cube on my Rasp Pi for 24 hrs now and hasnt missed a beat! I have to mention that BFGminer as a proxy is faaaaaarrrrrr better than the Proxy from Slush's, it seams to use maybe only 1/10 the CPU and gives a much more stable gh.

If any one wants Pi setup details for BFGminer let me know and i will make a post describing my steps.

Please, thanks!
J_Dubbs

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:08:09 PM

Anyone know why cubes would suddenly top out at 23mh/s?? All four of them are having the same problem, and they are all running through Slush's proxy (one for each, different ports) on an older laptop. I'm up to my neck in so much shit right now related to everything other than mining right now, so help would be greatly appreciated! VERY bad day/week here Sad Sad Sad
Test by turning one cube off. Do the rest improve? Then they're fighting for something.

If your laptop is on wireless, that's the most likely cause. Wifi simply isn't designed to have 130GH of getwork traffic through it.

But I ran for over a month like this and it was fine, all hashed at 30 for a long time... I have appointments today but will be home tonight to try turning some off. The timing on this is the worst possible, I'm so F'd right now with deadlines and trying to fix a broken computer with my life's work on it... UGH.
J_Dubbs

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:10:40 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:22:21 PM by J_Dubbs

But I ran for over a month like this and it was fine, all hashed at 30 for a long time... I have appointments today but will be home tonight to try turning some off. The timing on this is the worst possible, I'm so F'd right now with deadlines and trying to fix a broken computer with my life's work on it... UGH.

UPDATE:
Okay, so I moved my blades off the WiFi Raspberry and onto a PC plugged in via ethernet. After doing that the cubes on the laptop WiFi have sped up to 28.6gh/s- they still aren't hitting 30 though. Another thing I did was downloaded the latest proxy. So within those things got me a lot closer to 30, but still not there again quite yet.

My next experiment is that I've moved 2 of the cubes onto a proxy on a wired PC. Perhaps the laptop is having a problem though, somewhere traffic was getting choked. Lastly, I just setup a new Antminer, it's on Wifi, as you can expect I'll be watching this closely and providing updates.

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, must be a problem with the laptop, the cubes moved to my other machine hit and exceeded 30gh/s, the ones left behind on the laptop are stuck at 28.6gh/s. Thing I need to figure out is why all of the sudden. Also, I don't think it's a WiFi problem on the router side because my new AntMiner is hashing full speed and not dropping excessive shares etc.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:18:00 PM

UPDATE:
Okay, so I moved my blades off the WiFi Raspberry and onto a PC plugged in via ethernet. After doing that the cubes on the laptop WiFi have sped up to 28.6gh/s- they still aren't hitting 30 though. Another thing I did was downloaded the latest proxy. So within those things got me a lot closer to 30, but still not there again quite yet.

My next experiment is that I've moved 2 of the cubes onto a proxy on a wired PC. Perhaps the laptop is having a problem though, somewhere traffic was getting choked. Lastly, I just setup a new Antminer, it's on Wifi, as you can expect I'll be watching this closely and providing updates.

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, must be a problem with the laptop, the cubes moved to my other machine hit and exceeded 30gh/s, the ones left behind on the laptop are stuck at 28.6gh/s. Thing I need to figure out is why all of the sudden. Also, I don't think it's a WiFi problem on the router side because my new AntMiner is hashing full speed and not dropping excessive shares etc.

Test with the antminer off. Although its stratum so even its 6x hash rate shouldn't be doing much.

J_Dubbs

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:25:44 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 05:06:11 AM by J_Dubbs

UPDATE:

Test with the antminer off. Although its stratum so even its 6x hash rate shouldn't be doing much.

Adding the Antminer caused no change to any devices. Something happened 2 days prior to the Antminer arriving and it has caused the cubes to slow on the laptop.

One other thing. Last week I tried mining on ghash.io, when I clicked "sign in" it downloaded a file, I (very quickly) deleted it. This happened on both my workstation and laptop. The workstation died the next day with a corrupted boot sector, schedule is so crazy and deadlines all weekend I had to pay a guy to do a windows install while I went to work. Anyways, cubes on the laptop/wifi have been slow ever since. Is it possible that ghash.io had a nasty virus that killed my workstation and is slowing down my laptop?

Edit: okay, pulled all the cubes off the laptop, now they are hashing fine... Need to figure out what's fighting for resources on the laptop. I have a spare Raspberry Pi laying around, but my understanding is they don't work well with cubes. I was using the Rpi with MinePeon for my blades but it crashed. My other Rpi doesn't crash often, but it happens enough that I don't want to lay my biggest gear on one for long periods of time.
utdrmac

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:03:28 AM

...and they are all running through Slush's proxy (one for each, different ports) on an older laptop.

Why are you running separate instances of the proxy? You should only be running 1 instance of the proxy for any number of cubes. I have 3 cubes and 1 instance of the proxy and I get >32GHs on all 3 cubes.

Regarding running slush's proxy on RPi. I haven't seen anyone reporting more than 1 cube on an RPi getting full hashing rate. I tried my 3 cubes on RPi and it pegged the cpu 100% and hash rates were < 16GHs. I have not yet tried bfgminer proxy on RPi. I might get around to trying that tomorrow.

Tips: 1drmacW6UYAfHNjRrxN7SYuN3Q9R9v6K6
Ktulu1

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:56:17 PM

FYI - I've solved the network problems with my cube. I put the cube and a computer running the proxy on their own network behind a Linksys router.

The cube had been restarting every so often when it lost its connection to the proxy PC. The temporary fix was to point the cube at two separate computers so that it could fail back and forth. This kept the cube up but it took a performance hit. I'm not able to change anything on the network or remove devices to see what the problem is so behind the router the cube is working as it should.

I suspect putting the cubes and proxy on their own network behind a consumer grade router/firewall might help with the phone/tablet problem people have been having as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: