Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
TheGreatWhatsIt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:02:46 AM

Hey thanks for the guide. working awesomely.
graphicsdump

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:55:23 AM

Hi all, thanks for the help...finally got my Cube running a few days ago...turns out my firewall was blocking the port. As soon as I added the ports and fired up the Stratum Proxy it kicked in and has been running at up to 38 gh/s. I did not need to make a script for the Stratum Proxy either, simply running it as is for Slush's pool works perfectly.

That's running on my PC which is not optimal for power consumption...off now to figure out my Raspberry Pi.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:26:07 AM

Cube now hashes perfectly for 15-20 mins, then 'dead'. Still power issue ?
activescott

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:39:29 AM

High Clock Fails

I have four cubes, all purchased new. Three run fine on High clock speed (~38 GHS) without any problems. However, one the cubes fails with X's on all chips whenever I set the clock to "High". Powering it off, waiting a few minutes and powering it back on with low clock speed and it will work fine for days (~32 GHS).

Cooling and PSU seem to be fine, more details on each below:

PSU:
I have two Corsair TX850's for PSUs, one for each pair of cubes. I've tried switching the problematic cube to the other PSU, and the same cube will fail. This should rule out the possibility of a PSU problem.

Cooling:
Based on a visual inspection the fan is spinning the same speed as the others. The cubes are all together in the same room. The room is cool, they all have the same airflow and and three run fine, only this one cube is problematic.

Anyone else have similar problems? Should I give up and be happy with my 32GHS or does someone know a way to squeeze that extra 6GHS out of this grumpy one?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:43:09 AM

What have you changed since last time. Is it the same cube that is failing?

And I've said it a million times, use slush's stratum proxy. Its so much simpler because in this case you don't know if its BFG.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

High Clock Fails

I have four cubes, all purchased new. Three run fine on High clock speed (~38 GHS) without any problems. However, one the cubes fails with X's on all chips whenever I set the clock to "High". Powering it off, waiting a few minutes and powering it back on with low clock speed and it will work fine for days (~32 GHS).

PSU:
I have two Corsair TX850's for PSUs, one for each pair of cubes. I've tried switching the problematic cube to the other PSU, and the same cube will fail. This should rule out the possibility of a PSU problem.

Cooling:
Based on a visual inspection the fan is spinning the same speed as the others. The cubes are all together in the same room. The room is cool, they all have the same airflow and and three run fine, only this one cube is problematic.

Anyone else have similar problems? Should I give up and be happy with my 32GHS or does someone know a way to squeeze that extra 6GHS out of this grumpy one?
Just luck of the batch. High clock modes aren't guaranteed.

blizz3010

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:20:52 AM

Now, I don't even hear a clicking sound at start. I removed all the blades, still no click. I see only 1 yellow light (next to the PCI connection), but no red light (next to Ethernet).
Will it help if I replace the PSU, or is this cube dead forever ?

blizz3010, is yours working perfectly now ?

been running solid for days. Actually, now ive been working on using Multiminer so I can monitor from my phone with mobileminer.

I've been using the ThermalTake 650W for the PSU.
blizz3010

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:46:39 AM

Now, I don't even hear a clicking sound at start. I removed all the blades, still no click. I see only 1 yellow light (next to the PCI connection), but no red light (next to Ethernet).
Will it help if I replace the PSU, or is this cube dead forever ?

you probably shorted the cube when you opened it up  Roll Eyes
Is there a way to know exactly what's wrong ? Is it usually only 1 light on when you plug the PSU. I don't have another PSU handy to check right away. Will have to get another one from the store if you think that can help.
This may be a stupid question, but did you check the fuse? I had exactly this issue and it ended up being the fuse. Make sure you replace it.
Letme know if this is the issue
ocnmongol

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:37:27 PM

• Make sure your router's subnet is 1, ie 192.168.1.x

That's just initially. He has internet so its not the problem.

Hi all.

I can really use some help here:

I have this ASIC cube set up as per your instructions, and the darn thing will not hash above maybe 4gh/s unless I sit on the BE cubeminer screen and click on pools every few seconds (or when data stops streaming in)

This is my set up. I cannot use anything other than 0.0.0.0 as it's gateway as it is up on a business network)

..or am I doing something wrong.
Please help!   Sad
Take the port out of the IP, long pool should be active (which may be causing what you have).

That's just it.  Long pool sometimes is active and other times it isn't?

I'm stumped. Removal of the ports from the ip address did nothing.  :/
Any android phones on wifi?

Nope. Only two other pc's on wifi in our entire facility.

I can add mine to it if necessary (if it's to check something?)

lol. Cube's hashing at 2.5GH/s  :/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:52:27 PM

Hi all.

I have this ASIC cube set up as per your instructions, and the darn thing will not hash above maybe 4gh/s unless I sit on the BE cubeminer screen and click on pools every few seconds (or when data stops streaming in)

This is my set up. I cannot use anything other than 0.0.0.0 as it's gateway as it is up on a business network)

Please help!   Sad
Take the port out of the IP, long pool should be active (which may be causing what you have).

Android wifi phones sometimes interfere. If all the chips are 0, try moving the cube/proxy in relation to each other. There may be a network switch or similar that isn't playing nice. Aka random network topology issues.

TheGreatWhatsIt

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:26:20 PM

Hi all.

Please help!   Sad

Android wifi phones sometimes interfere. If all the chips are 0, try moving the cube/proxy in relation to each other. There may be a network switch or similar that isn't playing nice. Aka random network topology issues.

Check the network cable and the switch port it's plugged into.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:06:14 PM

Yeah, this is my first time messing with anything like this. I've managed to change IP settings and such and I can get the stratum proxy to run, but I believe i have the ports messed up?

This is what the proxy looks like:

I've never managed to get it that far before, so I must be doing something right, I hope.  Undecided

Here is the cube:

The pool ports part confuse me though, you said "-gp your.proxy.port" and "-gp SomeRandomPortOn192.168.0.222" I used 8332 but I'm thinking thats wrong.

I'm assuming that has to match with something in the cube settings and on my computer?

Yup looks like you're making some progress.

Here's a list of things to change/check/update:

- Set the Gateway field in the Cube control panel to 192.168.1.1
- Until you get a Backup pool set up, set Pool Ports to the same value.  It should be whatever valued you used in the mining_proxy.exe command line for the -gp value.  8332 is fine.
- Confirm that 192.168.1.10 is the computer running mining_proxy.exe.  If you're running any sort of firewall on 192.168.1.10, open port 8332.
- There are several port variables in play.  -p is the port on which the stratum runs.  You do not control this.  You use whatever value the pool you are using tells you too.  In this case, 3333.  I found this under the Getting Started section of

https://bitminter.com/

It also mentions alternate ports you can use IF you have firewall issues.

-gp is the port which your local computer running mining_proxy.exe uses.  You can set this value to a value you wish within reason (there are some ports it may cause an issue with; but that's a very advanced answer for this level of discussion.  8332 is fine.

So your updated settings should be -

mining_proxy.exe -o mint.bitminter.com -p 3333 -cu IamCANADIAN013_JeffWh013 -cp 1 -gp 8332

And the cube should be:

IP: 192.168.1.13
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
WEB Port: 8000
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Pool Ports: 8332,8332
Pool Addresses: 192.168.1.10,192.168.1.10
Miners user:pass: IamCANADIAN013_JeffWh013:1,IamCANADIAN013_JeffWh013:1

Verify any firewall on 192.168.1.10 has port 8332 open.

Also you may have to register IamCANADIAN013_JeffWh013 worker via their interface?  I don't use BitMinter so I don't know.

Thank you so much for all the help, with some tinkering I finally got it to work. Didn't like my firewall setting apparently.

Do you accept donations by chance?

It won't be for a while as I don't want to cash out until I get a decent balance, but I would like to make a small donation as a thank you.
cannachris

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:42:59 AM

Hey I am having Major trouble connecting to my cube. It powers on fine, all lights power on, the network light even blinks. but even after pressing the reset button and setting my subnet to 192.169.1.x i can't connect to it. advanced ip scanner shows no new devices. when i tried yesterday it showed a device @ 192.168.1.255 after resetting but i couldn't get any web interface on any port, it just timed out.

My network works with two routers and a switch due to a weird network config in  my student housing so do you guys think it would be possible to connect it with a crosscable to my pc to try and connect to the interface or something like that.

The cube should reset to 192.168.1.254:8000 after resetting it right??? it doesn't seem to do that.

I tried everything in the guides I even turned off my android wifi devices.

I have checked the physical integrity of the cube, everything is dandy.

Got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

BrandonMcPherson

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:55:40 AM

cannachris, in most of this thread, a failure to connect is almost always tied to the Cube not being on the same subnet as your PC. In that the light indicators all show your Cube to be working, I'd start with the network.
divinesnail01

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:25:45 AM

Hey I am having Major trouble connecting to my cube. It powers on fine, all lights power on, the network light even blinks. but even after pressing the reset button and setting my subnet to 192.169.1.x i can't connect to it. advanced ip scanner shows no new devices. when i tried yesterday it showed a device @ 192.168.1.255 after resetting but i couldn't get any web interface on any port, it just timed out.

My network works with two routers and a switch due to a weird network config in  my student housing so do you guys think it would be possible to connect it with a crosscable to my pc to try and connect to the interface or something like that.

The cube should reset to 192.168.1.254:8000 after resetting it right??? it doesn't seem to do that.

I tried everything in the guides I even turned off my android wifi devices.

I have checked the physical integrity of the cube, everything is dandy.

Got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Probably just a typo - but I notice in one place you're talking about 169 as the third octet in your IP setup, and in another your're talking about 168 (which would be the correct one).

192.168.xxx.255 is generally a broadcast address, not a device.

A crossover cable between your pc and the cube is a good idea, as long as the IP address on the pc is set to 192.168.1.xxx (something other than 254).

'snail

activescott

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:49:19 AM

High Clock Fails

PSU:

Cooling:

Just luck of the batch. High clock modes aren't guaranteed.

dogie:
Thank you for the response. Good to know I'm not missing something simple.

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:52:56 AM

This may be a stupid question, but did you check the fuse? I had exactly this issue and it ended up being the fuse. Make sure you replace it.
Letme know if this is the issue
Tried different fuses too, didnt help. maybe it was the PSU as dogie mentioned and got a new PSU.

And I've said it a million times, use slush's stratum proxy. Its so much simpler because in this case you don't know if its BFG.
using slush's stratum proxy now. purchased this TT 650 W, model SP-650P  (someone mentioned a few posts before it worked for them) It says uses single +12v rail. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153173
hashing from the last 5 mins. lets see if this lasts. Will also shut down my android phone if it stops now.
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:42:01 AM

using slush's stratum proxy now. purchased this TT 650 W, model SP-650P  (someone mentioned a few posts before it worked for them) It says uses single +12v rail. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153173
hashing from the last 5 mins. lets see if this lasts. Will also shut down my android phone if it stops now.
[/quote]
This one also stops after 5-10 mins (only one green light remain on the cube, fan is still working, but no other lights ON, and can't access the config page).
Give me a PSU name and I get that one tomorrow!
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:23:28 AM

using slush's stratum proxy now. purchased this TT 650 W, model SP-650P  (someone mentioned a few posts before it worked for them) It says uses single +12v rail. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153173
This one also stops after 5-10 mins (only one green light remain on the cube, fan is still working, but no other lights ON, and can't access the config page).
[/quote]

I've been running my cube for over 24 hours without issue with this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027.

I've been running it on high setting.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:05:29 AM

[/quote]
Corsair **anything** 500-750W. 1000s of them round the world powering ASIC equipment.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: