Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
activescott

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:57:56 PM

Is there a way to setup BFGMiner instead of using the proxy? I've been trying but have had no success. I've got BFG 3.10/x64. Have it working fine with CPU, GPU and an Antminer U1 but can't get it to work with my cube.

Don't use the 64bit version. go to the 32.

I did try that one as well and it failed indicating it could not connect to the proxy port xxxx and no devices were found. Tried to manually add them using all and auto and all it found was my graphics card.

Update. I think I managed to get it working. Not sure why they weren't communicating before but .....

Shut everything down and made sure the cube was up and running. No other devices/miners were running and started 32bit version of BFG with the http-port option and it just sat there for a while and declared the proxy as dead Sad Sad

Verified my pools and ports and restarted BFG from within rather than quitting and restarting and it started requesting work and the cube is showing that it's processing.

Yeah!!! Thanks for the help guys!

WAIT!!! I wanna know.....how did you do this? I'd like to switch from Slushs proxy to BFGMiner so I can run a different pool. I can't seem to get it to see the Cube. Not sure if it needs a driver or what. Explain plz.

You can use slush's proxy with other pools. Just pass in the pool host, user, & password. Something like this:
Code:
mining_proxy.py -o myStratumPoolHost.com -cu myUser -cp myPassword --getwork-host $GETWORK_LISTEN_HOST --getwork-port $GETWORK_LISTEN_PORT

If you have trouble tell me more and maybe I can help.
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

2) The Cube doesn't like ANY thing else broadcasting to it on the network. It can handle your pool software: BFGminer, or XPTproxy, but that's about it. If you put your unit on a network SWITCH - not a hub, but a switch, it will cut off any network contention that shuts the unit off.

I have no idea what sort of networking equipment some of you are running but generalizations like this are scarcely accurate.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:11:27 PM

Hey guys,

I've put this guide on my site and am looking for feedback. Do you prefer the guide on the forum, how it looks on the site or both? Any other thoughts?

http://dogiecoin.weebly.com/asicminer-cube.html (soon to be dogiecoin.com)

For new users the readability of the site may be a large advantage.

To me it's the same information presented in a different format so I don't have any issue grasping either.

FYI on that particular page you have some incorrect URLs for the images under the "5) Troubleshooting" section.  

Looks like you're linking to the HTML page on Photobucket rather than the .png directly.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:16:14 PM

Hey guys,

I've put this guide on my site and am looking for feedback. Do you prefer the guide on the forum, how it looks on the site or both? Any other thoughts?

For new users the readability of the site may be a large advantage.

To me it's the same information presented in a different format so I don't have any issue grasping either.

FYI on that particular page you have some incorrect URLs for the images under the "5) Troubleshooting" section. 

Looks like you're linking to the HTML page on Photobucket rather than the .png directly.

The pin outs? Goes direct for me

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:22:12 PM

That's what happens when the HTML code gets corrected.  

It previously linked to the HTML page though instead of the .png directly.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

That's what happens when the HTML code gets corrected

It previously linked to the HTML page though instead of the .png directly.
?? Seriously I havent changed it at all. Its happened on a few of my other photobucket images though, even though I copy in the actual img .jpg, sometimes the site directs it to a landing page.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

?? Seriously I havent changed it at all. Its happened on a few of my other photobucket images though, even though I copy in the actual img .jpg, sometimes the site directs it to a landing page.

Yeah that's because Photobucket does give redirects as even direct links sometimes.  So that's a total a possibility.   When I checked the source code of the page there was definitely an .htm or .html extension for the href.

I totally dislike Photobucket.  Lots of better solutions out there.  Imgur for starters.  Hell even Flickr is a better choice.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:46:28 PM

Site is now at www.dogiecoin.com. Also changed the 'other guides' link in the Avalon2 guide to see what people think: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493358.msg5438073#msg5438073

DanZaph

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:53:49 PM

The one thing that I feel would be helpful is an alternate method of configurations that does not require changing the router network. That is to directly connect an Ethernet cable between the Cube and computer. See http://zaph.com/cube section 3). In my case making changes to the router was prohibitive and using an Ethernet cable was the easiest option.

Old enough to have lived dangerously—great times!
Setting up a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:47:36 AM

You do not need to set your router to the 192.168.1.x network: you need only set one machine to the 192.168.1.x network. I did this with a static IP address (192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:48:30 AM

You do not need to set your router to the 192.168.1.x network: you need only set one machine to the 192.168.1.x network. I did this with a static IP address (192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0).

I know, but it's an easier method. See antminer on dogiecoin.com where I put both versions up - the router changing ones are much quicker.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:04:36 AM

I know, but it's an easier method. See antminer on dogiecoin.com where I put both versions up - the router changing ones are much quicker.

When manually configuring an interface, you don't have to unplug the computer either. Just disable DHCP. Networks on different subnets will studiously ignore each other.

Though, I accidentally set my miner to an IP address conflicting with my server. Luckily, isolation was as easy as plugging it into a hub with the computer used for programing (and disconnecting that hub from the network).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
calo247

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

so i have 4 cubes, everything runs fine until after about an hour one of the cubes just randomly stops mining, but once i cycle the power it starts again and is good for about another hour, all 4 cubes have identical settings and they all have plenty of power. any ideas?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:31:11 PM

so i have 4 cubes, everything runs fine until after about an hour one of the cubes just randomly stops mining, but once i cycle the power it starts again and is good for about another hour, all 4 cubes have identical settings and they all have plenty of power. any ideas?

It could be EMF interference.  Build a tinfoil cage or metal mesh like screening, ( see faraday cage) around the cube(s) leaving plenty of space for airflow and wrap a couple turns of your lan cable around ferrite core.

Also, its been reported that android phones using your local WiFi network can cause cubes to lock.  A couple of of my Cubes had the same problem.  Sometime they would run for days, or a few hours when they would just stop and the red status light would stop blinking.   Found out that a local Amatur radio operator transmissions would cause these two to lock up when he was transmitting.

Cheers!

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
markthemarker

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

I got the new antminer s1... finally set it up (thank you dogie! -- ill send a donation on your way as soon as i get some btc)

Now... It's been running for 15min~, and I have this status... It seems a little odd but it seems to be working fine.

Is it OK? Or is there something wrong? (I'd rather have a smiley face than all oooooo)
https://i.imgur.com/xvD79RI.png

thank you
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:04:11 PM

I got the new antminer s1... finally set it up (thank you dogie! -- ill send a donation on your way as soon as i get some btc)

Now... It's been running for 15min~, and I have this status... It seems a little odd but it seems to be working fine.

Is it OK? Or is there something wrong? (I'd rather have a smiley face than all oooooo)

thank you
That means everything is fine (and this is the cube thread Tongue)

DanZaph

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

It could be EMF interference.  Build a tinfoil cage or metal mesh like screening, ( see faraday cage) around the cube(s) leaving plenty of space for airflow and wrap a couple turns of your lan cable around ferrite core.

Also, its been reported that android phones using your local WiFi network can cause cubes to lock.  A couple of of my Cubes had the same problem.  Sometime they would run for days, or a few hours when they would just stop and the red status light would stop blinking.   Found out that a local Amatur radio operator transmissions would cause these two to lock up when he was transmitting.
My take on the "tinfoil cage" is that is is rather far-fetched. The only instance where I have seen this used is in scientific research with extremely sensitive probes (Squid ion channel investigation) and inside the antenna field of a 43,000 watt AM transmitter. There are just to many other failure modes that are well established. While the procedure will not hurt insure the airflow is not reduced thus increasing the chip temperatures.

It seems that there is an Android on WiFi router problem, It has to do with it ignoring the DHCP lease times.

Full information can be found on theAndroid Open Source Project – Issue Tracker:  ”DHCP client ignores lease time”: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11236

One thing that may help is to make sure the Cube(s) and any proxy are on addresses outside the DHCP pool so there will not be any collisions.

With or without Android insure the proxy address is either statically assigned outside the DHCP pool or set to always get the same address from DHCP, this will prevent a new proxy address stopping mining.

Old enough to have lived dangerously—great times!
Setting up a ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:06:58 PM

Hey guys,

I like the one on your site a bit better.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:13:47 PM

Hey guys,

I like the one on your site a bit better.
Thanks. Theres a lot more advanced and 'pretty' stuff I can do on my own site, so I'll probably duplicate the guides. If you compare the Antminer one for example, its considerably better looking.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:05:45 PM

My take on the "tinfoil cage" is that is is rather far-fetched.
Agreed.

It seems that there is an Android on WiFi router problem, It has to do with it ignoring the DHCP lease times.

Full information can be found on theAndroid Open Source Project – Issue Tracker:  ”DHCP client ignores lease time”: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11236

Also agreed.  I think you were the same user that posted this in another thread or even earlier in this thread, so thanks for continuing to do so.

I find that is a much, much more likely issue than other speculative ideas put forth.

One thing that may help is to make sure the Cube(s) and any proxy are on addresses outside the DHCP pool so there will not be any collisions.

With or without Android insure the proxy address is either statically assigned outside the DHCP pool or set to always get the same address from DHCP, this will prevent a new proxy address stopping mining.

This is my practice by default so perhaps that's how I've avoided it on my own networks and others I've helped with Cubes do the set-up for.

That just seems basic standard good practices to me but maybe I don't fall into the "everyday man" category anymore.   Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: