Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:15:32 AM

Interested

How many people do you have working on this?

If you're moving 1500 units you'll need a certain amount of security and physical infrastructure to handle all the orders. Do you have pictures of the facility you'll use to process everything without things getting stolen?

Do you have an actual address? (Not just a PO box)

What happens if you don't get enough actual orders during preorder?

How does the ROI using your FPGA compare to using an Amazon EC2 F1 instance?

Not to jump in, but I’m handling the physical side. This volume of goods is cheap in the big world tbh. Also kind of funny to imply physical security is a risk and then ask for the address of the warehouse holding the cards in a public forum.

Guess he wasn't slick enough, lol.

On topic, would utilizing full PCIe 3.0 x16 lanes play a performance factor for the board you guys are building? For example, some motherboards have 4-6 pcie x16 slot but for sure they are not all going be pcie 3.0 x16 speed due to most CPU have a limited amount of available PCIe lanes.

Now, for the AMD Threadripper, it has 64 PCIe lanes, so it can for sure make use of multiple pcie 3.0 x16 at its full speed. Wonder if this matters or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:37:24 AM

Not to jump in, but I’m handling the physical side. This volume of goods is cheap in the big world tbh. Also kind of funny to imply physical security is a risk and then ask for the address of the warehouse holding the cards in a public forum.

Not really. A warehouse, as well as any business worth a damn, is insured. Businesses that don't give out their locations publicly are a bit shady IMO, but if the "warehouse" is, say, a person's garage and connected to their home, I totally get that.

(not mocking the latter, total respect for DIY businesses, I run three)
dude77

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:51:43 AM

Interested

If you're moving 1500 units you'll need a certain amount of security and physical infrastructure to handle all the orders. Do you have pictures of the facility you'll use to process everything without things getting stolen?

I wasn't asking where are you storing the items, but are you an actual company, with an office somewhere? I'm sure you've seen cases where people start multi million dollar ICOs and the only address they can provide is a studio apartment above someone's pizza shop.

You write "this volume of goods is cheap in the big world". What does that even mean? Any way you look at it this not a "cheap" group buy considering you're asking for several million dollars of funding on an internet forum and apparently have no other presence than that?

It's a little insulting to say that questions about security are "funny" and if that's how you treat customers on very first contact then I guess I'm not so interested. I would not want to have to deal with someone's snooty attitude if there is some kind of problem with the hardware.

Good luck to you.

ps. You might want to select a better company name. "All Mine" sounds like "you gave me your money and now it's 'All Mine'"
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:28:53 AM

Interested

I wasn't asking where are you storing the items, but are you an actual company, with an office somewhere? I'm sure you've seen cases where people start multi million dollar ICOs and the only address they can provide is a studio apartment above someone's pizza shop.

You write "this volume of goods is cheap in the big world". What does that even mean? Any way you look at it this not a "cheap" group buy considering you're asking for several million dollars of funding on an internet forum and apparently have no other presence than that?

It's a little insulting to say that questions about security are "funny" and if that's how you treat customers on very first contact then I guess I'm not so interested. I would not want to have to deal with someone's snooty attitude if there is some kind of problem with the hardware.

Good luck to you.

ps. You might want to select a better company name. "All Mine" sounds like "you gave me your money and now it's 'All Mine'"

All Mine is senseless’ company, but yes my company is a real company, it has been around a long time, and we do plenty of business with many multi-billion dollar companies internationally every day. I guess you didn’t look very far (such as my Acorn post), but that’s fine. I understand the concerns. I apologize if an attempt at humor came off snooty. It can get frustrating the number of people on here who don’t bother to read the posted information and then make accusations or imply that nefarious things are afoot. You can find my company and our public products at www.airsquirrels.com, as well as references to our non-public and confidential hardware activity.

I still wouldn’t make a post to this form saying “Hey $20M worth of FPGAs are in this warehouse in Canton, Ohio at this address.” That’s just unnecessary security exposure.

Perhaps Senseless can update on this board on the group buy, since it has morphed a bit. The main reason the final details haven’t been posted is we can’t legally until next week.  No one is asking for funding. I, personally, have taken a “not cheap” amount of my, personal money and secured a production run and large order of cards at very good prices specifically so this community wouldn’t get screwed over by the markup in this industry and low volume pricing, and to support FPGA participation in this market and options other than ASICs.

Also, insurance is great - but no insurance is going to help losing al your inventory and customers orders and having to replace parts with a multi-month lead time.

senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:32:05 AM

Interested

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the laugh. In seriousness though, It's strange for you to react in this way while using a strawman in the same breath. He never implied that your questions were funny, but that the prospect of asking for pictures of the warehouse and knowing it's physical location was; as answering your question would do the precise thing you voiced concerned for. It wasn't clear at the time, it did sound like that is what you were asking.

Our side doesn't have a physical location and this is why gpuhoarder is handling the physical side. Our engineers are spread all over the world. For me at least, this is just SOP. In many ways, working online is better than working at a physical location as there's always a record of all conversations. No confusion, no "oh i thought so and so..."... Do you have any idea how much I'd need to charge if I wanted a physical office? I'd need 2 offices in europe, an office in asia, an office in australia, and at least 2 offices in the USA. All of these offices with the exception of 1 would only have 1 person it. One of the EU locations would have 3 (assuming those people wanted to waste 2 hours of their lives daily commuting). To me, that just seems like an incredible waste of time and money. So, if you want me to have a physical office, let me know, and you can pay for it when you buy your cards. If you want cheap cards with a very low margin then you'll have to live with cost cutting measures that have been applied. Also, I'm curious, do you use poloniex?

I will be on-site when the cards are being S&H, tested, etc. If GPUHoarder wants to give out information on his offices it's up to him.

I've personally already handled millions of $ worth of hardware (from customers) and haven't had any problems. In the one case where things went bad, I covered losses and customers were made whole. If you want someone who does business another way, go talk to one of the plethora of amazing and transparent mining companies out there..... Oh wait, right, there are none... Feel free to go through my 7+ years of post history..

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:36:56 AM

Interested

On topic, would utilizing full PCIe 3.0 x16 lanes play a performance factor for the board you guys are building? For example, some motherboards have 4-6 pcie x16 slot but for sure they are not all going be pcie 3.0 x16 speed due to most CPU have a limited amount of available PCIe lanes.

Now, for the AMD Threadripper, it has 64 PCIe lanes, so it can for sure make use of multiple pcie 3.0 x16 at its full speed. Wonder if this matters or not.

Our existing designs are only using PCIe 3.0 x1 connectivity. I had anticipated most of these would end up in open air gpu cases connected to risers.

GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:39:55 AM

Interested

Our existing designs are only using PCIe 3.0 x1 connectivity. I had anticipated most of these would end up in open air gpu cases connected to risers.

It’s posisble some of the Acorn designs could be repurposed for users in x16 slots with these, but it’s less common to have and likely not worth the efforts when you can do so many other things with them.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:55:32 AM

Update:

We've opened our store at https://fpga.land/ for user registration. We're still not taking orders at this time; but by registering it will allow us to contact you and inform you when hashrate information is released, when pricing information is available, and finally when sales open.

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:31:03 AM

Update:

We've opened our store at https://fpga.land/ for user registration. We're still not taking orders at this time; but by registering it will allow us to contact you and inform you when hashrate information is released, when pricing information is available, and finally when sales open.

Done and done! And glad, tomorrow starts hell 1-2 weeks and I was hoping there'd be a less annoying way I could bug you for updates. Smiley
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 711

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:59:19 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 09:45:53 AM by P4ndoraBox

Following.

Can we buy with crypto or FIAT only ? Just want to be sure to be ready in due time.

Edit ; I've read the whole thread, ready for launch !
QiaMiner

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:46:56 AM

Allready signed up.

Waiting for Stats!  Grin
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:13:00 AM

i actually like it. as in an "all mining" related company.

another interpretation is "miners for all"

pikachuy

Activity: 544

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:30:55 AM

Update:

Registered and ready, getting tired of Bitmain monopoly company.
QiaMiner

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:15:56 AM

Registered and ready, getting tired of Bitmain monopoly company.

Well said! But you forgot: Their Business Behavior. If they would be a normal Shop in your Town, it would be allready have closed.
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:04:20 PM

Maybe it’s a phone thing but when I go to the webpage there is no options to register or any other options at all.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:16:39 PM

Maybe it’s a phone thing but when I go to the webpage there is no options to register or any other options at all.

Looks like the account registration link isn't available from the menu. Here's the direct link:

https://fpga.land/account/register

QiaMiner

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:57:37 PM

Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

I unreg emediatly....LOL
antmannnnnn

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

I just started mining last october, and hooked. my 8 rig gpu was fun, but with forks in the future, and increased comp from asics, the writing is on the wall.
even just 1 of these would do what my rig does, and then some....

Im interested as well..still gotta keep up on all the reading.. so much here, so good.
QiaMiner

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

I just started mining last october, and hooked. my 8 rig gpu was fun, but with forks in the future, and increased comp from asics, the writing is on the wall.
even just 1 of these would do what my rig does, and then some....

Im interested as well..still gotta keep up on all the reading.. so much here, so good.

There is Nothing writen on the Wall. Not at this Time.

There will be new GPUs, probably whole new Kinds of Chips anyway.

You know.....we can not know, what we don't know.
But WHAT we know is, that this Cryptoworld is in its early Stages. Miner like us will be needed, in the Future. Without Mining, no Transfers and no Coins.

Proof of Stake is not the last Kind of Wisdom, neither is Asic.

And sometimes i have the impresson, that there are People, who think, that a private Miner can't buy Asics or Fpgas, or even new GPUs. And we all know, that this is not true.

Bitmain will get serious Competition this Year....and this is only the Beginning. The Prices of Asics will go down by that.....like in every Competition.

And if an FPGA only does half of the Effect on a b-chain compared to that actual Asic.......there is no Asic Domination anymore, because the People will consider economicly....and FPGA has this wider Range and longer Lifepan, because of its Flexibility.

Such a Machine will run, as long as it makes PLUS. And if i can change the Algo, the Plus will be much higher for a longer Time. And this is the Same for GPUs.
 am curious, what kind of GPUs will hit the Market in the Future.
Darkbane

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:21:50 PM

Looks like the account registration link isn't available from the menu. Here's the direct link:

https://fpga.land/account/register

is there a discord for all of this, I saw someone mention a FPGA discord but saw no link...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: