Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:05:03 AM

Senseless, there is something else.
"Non può parlarsi di difetto di conformità se al momento della
conclusione del contratto il consumatore è a conoscenza del difetto
o non poteva non esserne a conoscenza oppure se il bene risulta
difettoso a causa di materiali forniti direttamente dal consumatore.
Questa disposizione non è stata trasposta in maniera uniforme dalla
normativa dei vari Stati europei, pertanto non si può invocare la
tutela della garanzia legale:
1. Se il consumatore era a conoscenza del difetto al momento
dell’acquisto del prodotto (Belgio, Repubblica Ceca, Germania,
Estonia, Irlanda, Spagna, Francia, Italia, Cipro, Lussemburgo,
Lettonia, Paesi Bassi, Portogallo, Slovenia e Slovacchia);"

Sorry,its 5 AM and I am not awake enough to search for the english one...

In English: its enough that you clearly state /write/ on the website that the  good you are selling have  a maximum of 90 days continuos use since the day of delivery.
if its clearly written/stated on the order, no consumer can invoke the standard warranty law after that period in the country listed above.

If you need help/ detail, I am on Discord and on your discord server as well.
And I will take one when will be available Smiley

Gratzi

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timedk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:10:20 AM

Perfect, I have the 5 cards on 1x to 16x risers of course powered via sata cables for each riser card.  Look forward to learning something new.  Thanks!

Oh wait, one more dumb question.  My MB has only 2x PCIe 3.0x16 and 4x PCIe 2.0x1.  The risers are 1x to 16x, will that be ok to run 5 FPGA's this way or would it cause stability issues in your opinion.  Thank you again.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:12:19 AM

Perfect, I have the 5 cards on 1x to 16x risers of course powered via sata cables for each riser card.  Look forward to learning something new.  Thanks!

Oh wait, one more dumb question.  My MB has only 2x PCIe 3.0x16 and 4x PCIe 2.0x1.  The risers are 1x to 16x, will that be ok to run 5 FPGA's this way or would it cause stability issues in your opinion.  Thank you again.

WARNING:

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVER LOAD THE CABLES POWERING THE RISERS. THE GPUS DO NOT CONSUME MUCH POWER FROM THE PCI-E BUS. THE FPGA ARE DIFFERENT AND WILL DEFINITELY CONSUME ALL THE POWER IT CAN!!

I'm going to post a great deal of videos and documentation before these ship. I'm going to make this really clear. Improper use can cause it to fail. I would recommend using the risers which allow a connection from a 6-Pin PCI-E cable.

timedk

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:16:03 AM

Got it, I'll await more details on how to avoid overloading the powered riser cables.  Look forward to it, Thank you for your time.
timedk

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:19:36 AM

The risers I use have the 6pin, 4pin and SATA 15pin as powering options.  I always assumed the SATA connector would be the best, I'll be sure to use the 6pin to 6pin directly to the riser with the FPGA.  Thank you again.
timedk

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:23:44 AM

This is what I use.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61KPbuKJHaL._SL1000_.jpg
justinjja

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:44:17 AM

Do these FPGA's use the 3.3V and 5V rails?
I would be a little worried about the quality of the regulators for those voltages on a pcie powered riser.

Is the DDR4 required to mine CryptoNight7, or does it just improve the hashrate?
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:58:39 AM

Regarding warranty, we haven't mentioned it and (quite surprisingly) no one has asked about it. The warranty period will be 90 days from the date of delivery.

I think 90 days are not enough to obey EU laws for planned EU:EU sales process.
Indeed Europe has a minimum of 2 years

I know there are issues in the United States with 90 day warranties too, one of the main reason you couldnt order Mining Cards from distributors and major brands/stores.

The warranty applies to all cards shipped.

For USA, https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2304

A 90 day warranty for anything that will be beat to death as mining hardware is more than reasonable.

[/quote]

You couldnt really say "beat to death as mining hardware" when your creating it for that purpose. If its obeying the purpose, a 90-day warranty wouldnt be within the reasonable standard. There are many factors when coming up with a warranty, and for this product being $3000+ and being used for its intended use to break within 1 year, would most likely end in a lawsuit with your company if someone wanted to. There is an implied warranty, and you will be held accountable for implied warranties if the product cannot do what its built to do for atleast 1+ years. This is why you see long warranties in the computer sector.
justinjja

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:06:14 AM

Regarding warranty, we haven't mentioned it and (quite surprisingly) no one has asked about it. The warranty period will be 90 days from the date of delivery.

I know there are issues in the United States with 90 day warranties too, one of the main reason you couldnt order Mining Cards from distributors and major brands/stores.

A 90 day warranty for anything that will be beat to death as mining hardware is more than reasonable.

You couldnt really say "beat to death as mining hardware" when your creating it for that purpose. If its obeying the purpose, a 90-day warranty wouldnt be within the reasonable standard. There are many factors when coming up with a warranty, and for this product being $3000+ and being used for its intended use to break within 1 year, would most likely end in a lawsuit with your company if someone wanted to. There is an implied warranty, and you will be held accountable for implied warranties if the product cannot do what its built to do for atleast 1+ years. This is why you see long warranties in the computer sector.

Bitmain and Nvidia don't offer 1+ year warranties on mining hardware.
Andy16k

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:04:28 AM

limit to cryptonight :
there are 2160BRAM+960URAM in XCVU9P,you can use 38MB in big ram cascade mode,that is 19 core
each cryptonight  hash need 1M memory read and write cycles.
if you remove all pipeline,you may get 100H @100MHz per core.
if you all pipeline to improve fmax,you will get slower hashrate.
it maybe very hard to run 100MHz with no pipeline.
assume it is 100MHz,19CORE, the max hashrate is 1900H/s.
if using extern DDR4,the limit is bandwidth,36MB per hash,each DDR4-2400 may get 533H/s,
but the cryptonight  random access rate is 16byte ,memory random access rate is 128byte , the valid efficiency is 1/8
each DDR4-2400 may can get 66.6H/s,and 4 DDR4 you get 266H/s

the max theoretical cryptonight hashrate is 1900+266=2166 H/s
Don't dream to get 22KH/s

So this card will do cryptonight at the sane rate as 1 vega then?
Lol, surely that can't be right?
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:15:04 AM

Bitmain and Nvidia don't offer 1+ year warranties on mining hardware.

Nvidia doesnt sell the mining hardware, chinese companies and aftermarket producers sell the majority of mining hardware. You will not find any mining GPUs from the major distributors unless you are acknowledging they are for commercial use and the distributors that did get some in required high quantity (100+) and some confirmed your mining facility as it cannot be sold as a consumer product. Very few distributors received any mining cards and the major ones didnt due to legality issues. Bitmain is also a chinese company, and goodluck trying to enforce US laws upon them. There is a reason China produces plenty of counterfeits.
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:21:11 AM

There's a pretty simple solution for all the potential buyers out there. If you don't like the terms/warranty, then don't buy it, simple as that. No one is holding a gun to the buyer's head to buy a product with only 90 days warranty.

If you would like a 1 year warranty, then I suggest senseless create a 3rd product on his website for $15,000 board with included 1 year warranty. There, buyer's have options now.

Easy as 1, 2, 3.
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:21:21 AM

WARNING:

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVER LOAD THE CABLES POWERING THE RISERS. THE GPUS DO NOT CONSUME MUCH POWER FROM THE PCI-E BUS. THE FPGA ARE DIFFERENT AND WILL DEFINITELY CONSUME ALL THE POWER IT CAN!!

I'm going to post a great deal of videos and documentation before these ship. I'm going to make this really clear. Improper use can cause it to fail. I would recommend using the risers which allow a connection from a 6-Pin PCI-E cable.

Good point. The risers I was looking to use are powered from 6 pin SATA power adapters. Looks like the max rated draw on those is 4.5 A @ 12V = 54W, not enough for the 75W the FPGA will need.

The 4-pin molex connectors look like they would work to power one riser, as they are rated for 11A at 12V. 6-pin PCI-E cables are usually limited, so I am looking for other options, like the 4-pin molex.
Ballscack

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:32:39 AM

Would u offer shipment to europe without warranty and with low value marked on the shipping to ease the pain of import taxes?

Wil the cards run on win 10 or only linux for now?

Also some pictures of modded and unmodded cards would be good on the website ;-)

Thx
justinjja

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:36:35 AM

Would u offer shipment to europe without warranty and with low value marked on the shipping to ease the pain of import taxes?

Also some pictures of modded and unmodded cards would be good on the website ;-)

Thx

I don't think they will be doing any funny business with customs.

Senseless expressed a deep hatred for mining on Windows a few days ago,
so probably Linux lol
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:38:39 AM

Thx

I don't think they will be doing any funny business with customs.

Senseless expressed a deep hatred for mining on Windows a few days ago,
so probably Linux lol

Not hatred, it's just senseless Cheesy -- There was a time when it was almost a sin to mine on windows. Those were good days, let's go back to that.  Tongue

We definitely won't be doing any funny business. I mean think about it, if we did do funny business like that, who would trust us? I certainly wouldn't trust a company who did that.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:45:37 AM

Do these FPGA's use the 3.3V and 5V rails?
I would be a little worried about the quality of the regulators for those voltages on a pcie powered riser.

Is the DDR4 required to mine CryptoNight7, or does it just improve the hashrate?

The DDR4 is not required for CNv1 (Not to be negative nancy, It's cryptonight version 1 released under monero version 7 -- I saw some people trying to get this clarified elsewhere, thought I'd try to help).

Currently the DDR4 is not used under any designs.

--

Regarding risers, we're going to do some testing on a few variations of the board. I may just end up with a bulk buy and shipping the boards with a riser included. I won't know how we will proceed with this until after sales close.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:49:08 AM

WARNING:

Good point. The risers I was looking to use are powered from 6 pin SATA power adapters. Looks like the max rated draw on those is 4.5 A @ 12V = 54W, not enough for the 75W the FPGA will need.

The 4-pin molex connectors look like they would work to power one riser, as they are rated for 11A at 12V. 6-pin PCI-E cables are usually limited, so I am looking for other options, like the 4-pin molex.

I think if people are swapping their GPUs out for these in existing risers they should have a free 6 or 8 pin cable to plug directly into the riser. Most gpus are a 6+8 or 8+8. In our case, it would be 6 for the riser and 8 for the card.

They'll just need to make sure the riser itself can handle it. But as I said in the post above, we're doing some testing on risers and may just include them with the board.

MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:53:09 AM

Ok so lyra2z is hashing at 20 Mh/s. A single RX 580 hashes at 3.2 Mh/s. A single Vega64 hashes over 6 Mh/s.
You therefore need 6x RX 580 for one FPGA. But you can get 6x RX 580 probably for around half the price of a single FPGA.

It is as I thought it would be. They are not so terribly powerfull, but they do have a loooot better hash per W ratio. They are expensive, so basically for those with deep pockets. On the other hand as this is still a fairly new field being born again from the ashes, this means there will be some birthing problems etc...In the end I would still bet on GPUs simply because they are proven 100 times over and flexible.

You all have to also bear in mind theat GPUs today are basically 3-4 year old arhitecture. AMD for instance is going on with the same artitecture simply because they did not need to get out anything new. I am sure they (and NVIDIA) have much more powerfull GPUs already prepared but are holding back. So it can as well happen you pay costly for FPGAs just to have both GPU manufacturers release relly powefull cards at the end of the year for instance. And because of mass production they will always be cheaper.

I am definitely going to wait to see how all this plays out Smiley

EDIT:

And I just read about 90 days of waranty. Is this correct? I get 90 days of warranty for a 3K$ worth piece of tech. Em ok. Meanwhile I get years of warranty for GPUs. Man if that thing dies after 6 months thats gonna be really bad.

I don't try to put anyone down here don't get me wrong. You seem legit, I am just that voice of doubt in the back of peoples heads Smiley Although I am sure most will ignore me lol.

There are 2 different lyra2zs..

One is 2,8192,256 (zcoin)
The other is 8,8,8 (everything else)

Which one are you talking about? For the 8,8,8 coins the hashrates are significantly lower than 2,8192,256 (zcoin).

I am talking about the 8,8,8 coins I guess. The GIN coin and company. My RX 580 does 3.2 Mh/s rock solid and my RX 470 around 2.6 Mh/s. So i can match the hasrate for half the price with RX 580 cards but for a lot higher wattage. One cards uses around 100W on lyra2z so 600 for 20 MH/s. Although I would have to calculate when I do break even if I would buy a FPGA. Also you then have to calucate in all the potential problems a new product will have and you only give 90 days warranty. We have 0 experience how the cards will work. There is 0 millage on them by the community. On the other hands my RX 580 come with a long warranty the ability to mine any algo today are rock solid and proven 1000 times over. And I can resell them easily.

So as I see it now at least for lyra2z its not worth it at all. Again just stating my opinion, you seem like a good guy senseless. Thank you for showing your identity and thank you for trying to get FPGA to the masses. I know you could easily just skip that so I really don't want you to see this as me attacking you because I am not. I am just trying to be the voice of the opposite side;)

And keep up the good work, I am really interested what the performance on other algos will be Smiley
Also note that lyra2z is maybe a little speciall because people found out how to really do a good miner with AMD cards right now.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:59:34 AM
Merited by senseless (3)

Senseless, there is something else.
"Non può parlarsi di difetto di conformità se al momento della
conclusione del contratto il consumatore è a conoscenza del difetto
o non poteva non esserne a conoscenza oppure se il bene risulta
difettoso a causa di materiali forniti direttamente dal consumatore.
Questa disposizione non è stata trasposta in maniera uniforme dalla
normativa dei vari Stati europei, pertanto non si può invocare la
tutela della garanzia legale:
1. Se il consumatore era a conoscenza del difetto al momento
dell’acquisto del prodotto (Belgio, Repubblica Ceca, Germania,
Estonia, Irlanda, Spagna, Francia, Italia, Cipro, Lussemburgo,
Lettonia, Paesi Bassi, Portogallo, Slovenia e Slovacchia);"

Sorry,its 5 AM and I am not awake enough to search for the english one...

In English: its enough that you clearly state /write/ on the website that the  good you are selling have  a maximum of 90 days continuos use since the day of delivery.
if its clearly written/stated on the order, no consumer can invoke the standard warranty law after that period in the country listed above.

If you need help/ detail, I am on Discord and on your discord server as well.
And I will take one when will be available Smiley

Gratzi

Oh yes sorry I should have made my stuff clearer.
There are two warranty in Europe.
The legal warranty which cover stuff like DOA and items which has design flaw making in unusable (for instance a chip that is not adapted and that will burn after two weeks). That one is two years in Europe (6 months when it's the maker which has to prove there is no issue, after 6 months it's the consumer who has to prove the issue)
The commercial warranty which CAN cover more than the legal warranty (in your case 90 days starting from purchase if any failure not caused by the user)
The commercial
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: