Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:41:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

Senseless, would using a 16x-to-16x (powered) riser increase the speed of the FPGA card (as opposed to the commonly used 16x-to-1x risers used in GPU rigs)?

...as in full width ribbon risers making a comeback! Cheesy

No, x1 is fine. We will be designing our shell for x1 reg access and x1 DMA access. There is only one situation where x16 would be required and it's not clear that situation would ever come to pass. If it does end up being needed it would only be for a single application and you would only need 1 fpga in the motherboard on an x16.

I was planning to include risers with the boards as a bonus. We can get the cost down pretty heavily for such a large buy and save you guys a few $ on ancillary costs.

Rock 'n roll.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepWebRun

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:30:25 PM

Ordered one, VAT hurts, but hope it gets here safely.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

UPDATE:

We need to go through all of our orders and support tickets, wait for some lingering payments, but it appears as if we've sold out of all of our devices. If stock is freed up from unpaid, canceled, etc orders we'll again open up sales for the last remaining few devices. Those of you with outstanding invoices will have a few days to pay them. Anyone who invoiced by bank transfer I'll try to contact before cancelling your order. I'll also give a few extra days as I understand bank transfers take time.

I thank you for the vote of confidence and the outpouring of support.

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:00:30 PM

UPDATE:

We need to go through all of our orders and support tickets, wait for some lingering payments, but it appears as if we've sold out of all of our devices. If stock is freed up from unpaid, canceled, etc orders we'll again open up sales for the last remaining few devices. Those of you with outstanding invoices will have a few days to pay them. Anyone who invoiced by bank transfer I'll try to contact before cancelling your order. I'll also give a few extra days as I understand bank transfers take time.

Bloody CryptoBridge holdling my funds !!!
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:09:01 PM

UPDATE:

well that was fast! can you elaborate on the setup of your fpga

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
d.v.

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:16:11 PM

UPDATE:

Wow, that didn't even take 24 hours to match up your inventory to new owners. Will there be a standing waiting list or just first come first serve once you announce available units (should they become available)?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:33:48 PM

UPDATE:

Wow, that didn't even take 24 hours to match up your inventory to new owners. Will there be a standing waiting list or just first come first serve once you announce available units (should they become available)?

First come first serve

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

Congrats on selling out! Looking forward to receiving my 4 units.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:13:09 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 06:28:06 PM by senseless

This is why the world needs crypto... There should be no gatekeeper that says if you can or cannot run a business. Our business is 100% a traditional business. We are selling computer components just like newegg or amazon. There's no crime going on here. The only difference is in the marketing. They couldn't even bother to call and talk to me. I've submitted multiple documents provided character witnesses, gave them the information to verify our supply chain with Xilinx AND a risk mitigation strategy. We're being discriminated against because of our market. They called all of the customers and verified every order themselves.

Oh, and they're locking us out of the funds for 6 months.

We have reviewed your PayPal account and, due to the excessive risk involved, we would like to begin parting ways. As a result, your PayPal account has been permanently limited and there will be no appeals to the decision. Effective immediately you are no longer able to receive payments using PayPal. Funds remaining in your balance will be subject to the below disbursement options. We looked at several factors to determine the high level of risk associated with your account.

wiim

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 06:17:19 PM

Sold out! Congrats;)
i hope i can bought some cards on a future batch.
@senseless Do you see my mail with my questions? maybe usefull (for me) for the next time^^
d.v.

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:22:52 PM

This is why the world needs crypto... There should be no gatekeeper that says if you can or cannot run a business. Our business is 100% a traditional business. We are selling computer components just like newegg or amazon. The only difference is in the marketing. They couldn't even bother to call and talk to me. I've submitted multiple documents provided character witnesses, gave them the information to verify our supply chain with Xilinx AND a risk mitigation strategy.

We have reviewed your PayPal account and, due to the excessive risk involved, we would like to begin parting ways. As a result, your PayPal account has been permanently limited and there will be no appeals to the decision. Effective immediately you are no longer able to receive payments using PayPal. Funds remaining in your balance will be subject to the below disbursement options. We looked at several factors to determine the high level of risk associated with your account.

Ugh, so this is the end of paypal payments, I suppose? This is why I love cryptocurrency. You send me some crypto, others verify the transaction, done... no financial institution involved.
Paulk201270

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

Damn you Paypal!  

Not happy...

I've got several thousand dollars sitting there that foiled my attempts to buy.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Paulk201270

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:29:33 PM

I saw, so altered my statement.  I know it was never your fault - just bad people that did chargebacks to cause suspicion and investigation of your account.

Ah well, maybe next time...

Best regards
Paul.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:30:45 PM

just bad people that did chargebacks to cause suspicion and investigation of your account.

What I thought were chargebacks were paypal initiated. I'm still not clear if they're chargebacks. It would be a highly ironic twist if none of them were charge backs and after 6 months when they release the funds it turns out there were zero issues... I think i'd sue them.

They called all of the customers who ordered asking them questions about the product.. Where did they find us? When is the product shipping, etc.. But to talk to the actual owner of the store? No... I have to hear about this from my customers because they couldn't be bothered to ask me for additional documentation or discuss it with me.

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

This is why the world needs crypto... There should be no gatekeeper that says if you can or cannot run a business. Our business is 100% a traditional business. We are selling computer components just like newegg or amazon. There's no crime going on here. The only difference is in the marketing. They couldn't even bother to call and talk to me. I've submitted multiple documents provided character witnesses, gave them the information to verify our supply chain with Xilinx AND a risk mitigation strategy. We're being discriminated against because of our market. They called all of the customers and verified every order themselves.

Oh, and they're locking us out of the funds for 6 months.

Similar thing happened with a seller in China who was accepting Paypal, Paypal just shut him down. Crypto is a competition to them in a way, I guess, so it may not all be risk based.

We really need a global escrow service based upon crypto.
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 06:37:44 PM

just bad people that did chargebacks to cause suspicion and investigation of your account.

What I thought were chargebacks were paypal initiated. I'm still not clear if they're chargebacks. It would be a highly ironic twist if none of them were charge backs and after 6 months when they release the funds it turns out there were zero issues... I think i'd sue them.

They called all of the customers who ordered asking them questions about the product.. Where did they find us? When is the product shipping, etc.. But to talk to the actual owner of the store? No... I have to hear about this from my customers because they couldn't be bothered to ask me for additional documentation or discuss it with me.

I have been having similar nightmares with paypal, even after being with them for over a decade. .

Time to usher in the crypto revolution. . as if it hasn't already begun!

GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:54:23 PM

I have been having similar nightmares with paypal, even after being with them for over a decade. .

My company moved millions of dollars through PayPal, and has for years. I reached out to two of our human reps with Senseless before this was even open. Everything should have been up and up, but...

Of course this is crypto - people play dirty. All that has to happen is Bitmain places 200 orders and then fraud chargebacks them, complains it was a scam etc.

Your orders are safe, guess we’re just sitting on that risk for a few months.
DrPoodang

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:57:45 PM

This is unfortunate regarding PayPal.  I successfully paid using Paypal yesterday, and I have not heard anything from PayPal, but I will confirm the purchase with them if they do contact me.  In the meantime is there anything that I need to do to ensure that my order is not cancelled on your end?  I don't want to lose my place in this first batch.  Thanks again for your work on putting this together.
Mashy81

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:59:35 PM

Is the reported hashrate for cryptonightv1 of 15khs actual tested on device or a theoretical possibility.
There is a lot of trust to pay these sorts of prices with no hard evidence. I hope people are not disappointed because of over ambition..
Please don't take this the wrong way I think its great what you are doing and you have worked hard to get this far. I look forward to seeing the progress of these devices
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:05:16 PM

My company moved millions of dollars through PayPal, and has for years. I reached out to two of our human reps with Senseless before this was even open. Everything should have been up and up, but...

Of course this is crypto - people play dirty. All that has to happen is Bitmain places 200 orders and then fraud chargebacks them, complains it was a scam etc.

Your orders are safe, guess we’re just sitting on that risk for a few months.

Has your company moved any mining rigs or simply a large volume of money? I never had any paypal issues until I began selling mining rigs / asics

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: