Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 02:27:25 PM

Is the FPGA on your board socketed ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

People seem to forget that this is essentially a group buy allowing the price reduction from ~$5k retail to ~$3.35k.
Now, sensless and GPUHoarder has gone the extra mile and *may* provide supporting platform for other developers to share their bitstreams. That does not mean you cannot use any other public bitstreams available (whitefire990) or program one yourself.
Again, it is essentially a group buy, at below retail price, I doubt these guys are making any significant profits on these, beyond the cost of all the time spent organizing it.

It's not a may, It's definitely happening.

senseless / GPUHoarder - On the topic of remote development hardware, will you be enabling the FPGA's bitstream protection features (encryption key) on shipped units? I remember reading something about encryption keys earlier in this thread.

Correct, yes, we'll be burning the efuse and using the key to encrypt our shell. The shell will be open to any developer who wishes to release a core to the community. They'll be able to generate a DCP file locally or on a node I can provide, then upload that dcp to us where we generate the bitstream. After manual validation that everything works we'll release the bitstream to the community and it will instantly become available to all miners without any software update (except in the case if it's a new algo that requires software update for nonce validation).

We will be releasing our lyra2z and gpuhoarder will be releasing his cnv1/monerov7.

Is the FPGA on your board socketed ?

No

sidzkosic

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:28:57 PM

Is there need to have ram on 1525? I mean, I can't mine some algos without ram directly on board?
Thank you
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

We have not advertised any profitability. We're saying, 14Kh/s cryptonightv1 (monerov7), 20Mh/s lyra2z. Draw your own conclusions as to future market conditions and if you think this is a good buy or not.  We're also not using numbers from other devs.

We are selling 5000 units in this batch. There will be no more batches for the rest of 2018. Of the 5000 units, about 1500 have gone to small/medium farms, about 1000 have gone to the community. 2000 units have been reserved by a large farm. They will not be able to pay until friday and we're continuing to sell from their stock to the community until they are able to pay. We've already sold somewhere between 500-1000 depending on how many of these bank deposits actually pay for those units meant for that large farm. Everyone has until friday to place their order. On friday, the farm will get whatever remaining units are available. I realize there's a discrepancy of 500 units, those are warranty stock.

I didn't realize the scale of your venture until now. That's a lot of money. $17.5 million dollars at 3.5k each unit.

If this doesn't push through you'll probably be hunted and killed anyway, so i guess this must be legit. Now i wish i put in an order. Is it really too late? But then again, 5000 units also means potential 70 MH/s will be spread across cryptonight difficulty (current total for Monero is 400 MH/s). Profitability wise, everything really seems downhill.

No it's not too late, orders are still open now https://fpga.land/ -- buy those units before the farm can get them.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:39:13 PM

Is there need to have ram on 1525? I mean, I can't mine some algos without ram directly on board?
Thank you

There are currently NO bitstreams that utilize the memory. There are plans for it to be utilized in the future for some operations. However, you can buy the memory at that time on your own if you decide you want to. We will be releasing a memory compatibility list so you know exactly what to buy.

colomine

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:54:31 PM

https://fpga.land/840892531/policies/2866937971.html
Products will be warrantied for a "full" 90 days from date of delivery against manufacturer defects.

@senseless,
Yesterday GPUHoarder when answering my question confirmed that there will be a longer warranty  provided for EU customers (2 year warranty) That was also  implied on the item description page.
But the Refund policy above only mentions 90 days warranty.
So would you be able to provide a loger warranty for EU customers or not?
Thanks.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:57:43 PM

https://fpga.land/840892531/policies/2866937971.html
Products will be warrantied for a "full" 90 days from date of delivery against manufacturer defects.

@senseless,
Yesterday GPUHoarder when answering my question confirmed that there will be a longer warranty  provided for EU customers (2 year warranty) That was also  implied on the item description page.
But the Refund policy above only mentions 90 days warranty.
So would you be able to provide a loger warranty for EU customers or not?
Thanks.

Correct, warranty is "full" 90 days except in locations where law defines the length of the warranty. Keep in mind the EU warranty is not what you think it is. I've read through it a little bit myself. I'm not a lawyer so take that into consideration.... Still, my understanding is that; After 6 months it's on the customer to prove manufacturer responsibility for a card failing. Before 6 months it's on the manufacturer to show there was no defect. So really what you're getting is a 6 month warranty -- but yes, we will follow the letter of the law in EU.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:03:34 PM

Thank you

There are currently NO bitstreams that utilize the memory. There are plans for it to be utilized in the future for some operations. However, you can buy the memory at that time on your own if you decide you want to. We will be releasing a memory compatibility list so you know exactly what to buy.

Taking into consideration planned ZCOIN August fork to MTP, I wouldn't think about board without RAM.

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:35:11 PM

I'm having a bit of a hard time sorting through everything. If I order one of these, when will it ship? And when I get it, what is the process like for starting to mine cryptonight v1? Also, isn't cryptonight v1 competing with ASICs?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

I'm having a bit of a hard time sorting through everything. If I order one of these, when will it ship? And when I get it, what is the process like for starting to mine cryptonight v1? Also, isn't cryptonight v1 competing with ASICs?

It will ship august 2018.

Cryptonight v0 has asics
Cryptonight v1 has no asics or only high level secret asics

Cryptonight v1 was released under monero v7. This is the version the community keeps mistakenly calling cryptonight v7.

colomine

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:35:42 PM

Correct, warranty is "full" 90 days except in locations where law defines the length of the warranty. Keep in mind the EU warranty is not what you think it is. I've read through it a little bit myself. I'm not a lawyer so take that into consideration.... Still, my understanding is that; After 6 months it's on the customer to prove manufacturer responsibility for a card failing. Before 6 months it's on the manufacturer to show there was no defect. So really what you're getting is a 6 month warranty -- but yes, we will follow the letter of the law in EU.
@senseless,
Thank you, I think you are generally right regarding the 6 months period point. But after 6 months customer can still claim a replacement/repair service, he just has to prove the defect existed at the time of delivery. But still,  even 6 months undisputable warranty it is better than just 3 months. I got used to think of it in the terms of GPU mining where the hardware is cheaper and the warranty is of normal length.

Anyway, can you tell us what Xilinx is saying about life expectancy of the FPGA board?
will there be any manufacuter service offered by Xilinx if something goes out of order after 3 months of use?  
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:08:24 PM

@senseless,
Thank you, I think you are generally right regarding the 6 months period point. But after 6 months customer can still claim a replacement/repair service, he just has to prove the defect existed at the time of delivery. But still,  even 6 months undisputable warranty it is better than just 3 months. I got used to think of it in the terms of GPU mining where the hardware is cheaper and the warranty is of normal length.

Anyway, can you tell us what Xilinx is saying about life expectancy of the FPGA board?
will there be any manufacuter service offered by Xilinx if something goes out of order after 3 months of use?  

We do know what the defect rate is - but we're not going to publish that information. I can say we will be keeping a percentage of the cards in reserve for warranty replacement. It may not be possible for Xilinx to warranty the cards in a time frame that the community would be happy with. We are taking on that responsibility to fulfill the warranty obligations to make sure you get the best service.

As far as lifespan, there are people on here still mining using their spartan 6 boards. I know one person in china with like 2000 lx150s he's still mining on from the bitcoin days but with new bitstreams.

nickmiller24

Activity: 5
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

Does anyone have any evidence that these are not just scammers who are going to run away with millions of dollars? They only accept wire transfers and crypto payments which are both permanent and nonrefundable if something goes wrong. They won't be able to ship them for a month after they receive the order (giving them time to run away with the money without suspicion.)

The evidence shown so far is that GPUHoarder is Dave Stanfill who owns the company Airsquirrels.com. This seems to be a real website and company based in North Canton, Ohio that has been around for a few years and released a couple successful products. However I haven't seen any proof that GPUHoarder or senseless is affiliated with this company in any way.

To sell the FPGAs they have two websites set up fpga.land and squirrelsresearch.com. Doing a whois search on both of these domains gives no information since the domains are bought through 3rd party services that allow the purchaser to remain anonymous to the public. These websites could be totally unaffiliated with airsquirrels.com

senseless posted his linkedin profile which could be just some random persons linkedin.

Here is all the bank information provided by the website:

Name: Allmine Inc.

Address:

9900 Corporate Campus Drive, Suite 3000

Louisville, KY 40223 USA

Branch Banking & Trust Account

Swift Code: BRBTUS33

ACH Code: 083900680

Account Number: 5187777242

Chase / JPMorgan Account

Swift Code: CHASUS33

ACH Code: 044000037

Account Number: 291615919

If you look up the address included it's a virtual office not a real physical location.

I would like to see some kind of proof of ownership of the airsquirrels.com website (maybe putting in a link to fpga.land or squirrelsresearch.com). And if it's possible to get some kind of proof that there is actually a deal going on with Xilinx.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:29:59 PM

Ya, that's a virtual office. All of my guys work from home. I've said that multiple times. If you look through the thread we've answered a lot of these questions but I'm happy to answer them again. Is there anything specifically that you'd like to know?

There are a couple of members here who have validated our deal with Xilinx. We're pushing them to release a PR but it's unclear if they're going to do so. I've talked with a few guys over the phone; I've met David at his offices. We do have a JV contract. You can see this interview with OhGodAGirl where she talks a bit about the history of all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=pgvO_Iy2Y0o

nickmiller24

Activity: 5
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

Does anyone have any evidence that these are not just scammers who are going to run away with millions of dollars? They only accept wire transfers and crypto payments which are both permanent and nonrefundable if something goes wrong. They won't be able to ship them for a month after they receive the order (giving them time to run away with the money without suspicion.)

The evidence shown so far is that GPUHoarder is Dave Stanfill who owns the company Airsquirrels.com. This seems to be a real website and company based in North Canton, Ohio that has been around for a few years and released a couple successful products. However I haven't seen any proof that GPUHoarder or senseless is affiliated with this company in any way.

To sell the FPGAs they have two websites set up fpga.land and squirrelsresearch.com. Doing a whois search on both of these domains gives no information since the domains are bought through 3rd party services that allow the purchaser to remain anonymous to the public. These websites could be totally unaffiliated with airsquirrels.com

senseless posted his linkedin profile which could be just some random persons linkedin.

Here is all the bank information provided by the website:

Name: Allmine Inc.

Address:

9900 Corporate Campus Drive, Suite 3000

Louisville, KY 40223 USA

Branch Banking & Trust Account

Swift Code: BRBTUS33

ACH Code: 083900680

Account Number: 5187777242

Chase / JPMorgan Account

Swift Code: CHASUS33

ACH Code: 044000037

Account Number: 291615919

If you look up the address included it's a virtual office not a real physical location.

I would like to see some kind of proof of ownership of the airsquirrels.com website (maybe putting in a link to fpga.land or squirrelsresearch.com). And if it's possible to get some kind of proof that there is actually a deal going on with Xilinx.

Ya, that's a virtual office. All of my guys work from home. I've said that multiple times. If you look through the thread we've answered a lot of these questions but I'm happy to answer them again. Is there anything specifically that you'd like to know?

I would like you to modify airsquirrels.com in some way. The best thing would be to add a link to either fpga.land or squirrelsresearch.com. Or tweet from the airsquirrels twitter account. Or send me an email from the airsquirrels.com domain.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

I would like you to modify airsquirrels.com in some way. The best thing would be to add a link to either fpga.land or squirrelsresearch.com. Or tweet from the airsquirrels twitter account. Or send me an email from the airsquirrels.com domain.

I'm sure David wouldn't mind tossing a txt file on the root or something. I'll talk to him about it.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:38:45 PM

I'm sure David wouldn't mind tossing a txt file on the root or something. I'll talk to him about it.

And here you go: http://www.airsquirrels.com/fpga/

colomine

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

@nickmiller24,
 I look forward to get that info as well.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:26:07 PM

@nickmiller24,

I just provided the proof for the domain he requested. Is there something more you'd like?

shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:56:36 PM

@nickmiller24,

I just provided the proof for the domain he requested. Is there something more you'd like?

Hyperthetically and unlikely, but if u fail to sell all your cards ( the farm doesnt decide to buy the remaining cards and small buyers dont fill your order) , does the deal still go ahead? Do you have a minimum you have to sell for the deal to procede?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: