Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:48:13 PM

I'm a complete novice when it comes to stuff like this - never even used Linux. Can someone explain to me what the process of using this miner would be? Earlier in the thread someone said it won't be "plug and play"

so I guess my question is: assume we receive the miner tomorrow, what then? What tools/process will be required to get the miner up and running?
If you have never used linux, first start to familiarise with this plateform.
Honestly with Ubuntu, the installation should be a breeze.
However installation an FPGA on it might be a different story (like nvidia card that take a crazy long time to install)
Right now, there is no published miner for FPGA anyway so if you receive tomorrow, you can just leave it in it's box

Actually lots of published miners and algorithms were released for developers over the last few days. They aren’t plug and play for non-technical users, but they exist.

FPGAs are not consumer hardware. “List” price on a chip is as much as 50x what a big buyer pays.
Indeed. I checked them on github but i highly doubt someone who never used Linux can do something with the source and no specific instruction.
I haven't tried to compile anything but I would be extremely suprised if I wouldn't encounter a lot of "dependancy missing" or other much more cryptic errors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:05:28 PM

I'm a complete novice when it comes to stuff like this - never even used Linux. Can someone explain to me what the process of using this miner would be? Earlier in the thread someone said it won't be "plug and play"

so I guess my question is: assume we receive the miner tomorrow, what then? What tools/process will be required to get the miner up and running?
If you have never used linux, first start to familiarise with this plateform.
Honestly with Ubuntu, the installation should be a breeze.
However installation an FPGA on it might be a different story (like nvidia card that take a crazy long time to install)
Right now, there is no published miner for FPGA anyway so if you receive tomorrow, you can just leave it in it's box

Actually lots of published miners and algorithms were released for developers over the last few days. They aren’t plug and play for non-technical users, but they exist.

FPGAs are not consumer hardware. “List” price on a chip is as much as 50x what a big buyer pays.
Indeed. I checked them on github but i highly doubt someone who never used Linux can do something with the source and no specific instruction.
I haven't tried to compile anything but I would be extremely suprised if I wouldn't encounter a lot of "dependancy missing" or other much more cryptic errors.
...which is why I have faith in this community to help eachother out with this "new" mining solution. I have no doubts a lot of people will share their experience and how-to's in here. Otherwise we'd be looking at a lot of expensive door-stoppers...
Merckle

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:37:55 PM

And sold out!

Was about to buy one and missed my chance Sad
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

And sold out!

Yes, sales have closed!

Email sales@squirrelsresearch.com (quickly) to be put on first waiting list for any cancellations.

Also good news guys - all BCU-1525 orders are coming with risers specifically designed and validated for us for these boards!

If you’re not using them with risers that’s fine, but if you are we’d prefer you have ones that won’t blow up

We’re working to offer great prices on board to board cables - more on that soon.
melpheos

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:32:09 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 10:52:18 PM by melpheos

And sold out!

Yes, sales have closed!

Email sales@squirrelsresearch.com (quickly) to be put on first waiting list for any cancellations.

Also good news guys - all BCU-1525 orders are coming with risers specifically designed and validated for us for these boards!

If you’re not using them with risers that’s fine, but if you are we’d prefer you have ones that won’t blow up

We’re working to offer great prices on board to board cables - more on that soon.
My stupid bank cancelled my wire that i ordered on monday for some weird reason (saying that the Morgan Chase account is an intermediary account) after asking me some documentation regarding my purchase (like I need to justify my purchase to my bank, WTF, it's my money)
Sent them a mail with the first account information but they haven't processed the wire yet

My second order with crypto this morning went thru in 10 minutes, no questions asked.

Now, if someone tells me that crypto is not far superior to fiat, well i have a proof to the contrary.
Vlado

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:52:22 AM

Under Euro 3 bank regulation, online swift by retail customer (us) can't be faster than 3 days from Europe to US. SO if you pay today in euro Allmine will get them on Monday in their account.

To further speed up, as normal and not business customer, you must walk to your bank.
Well, at least that's what they told me this morning

I have made two payment from EU and they were verified in my account on the fpga.land in just two days so EU to US transfers take definetly less than 3 days and with no extra cost at least from my bank.

Well you are lucky because I ordered my wire on Monday, been asked some question on Tuesday, they ran the wire on Thursday, cancelled it the same day for some weird reason (second bank - Morgan Chase - is supposedely a intermediary bank) and they might run it again tomorrow (with a 50€ on top as fee - cancelled but...)

Well, it looks like it depends on the banks and their agreements. I have transferred directly to Morgan Chase and the cost was just 30€ which is the standard fee. I hope you get your payment processed.
Vlado

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

Great news, keep us updated Smiley
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:24:33 PM

Update:

Sales have closed. It may take some time for all of the wires to come in and for your orders to be marked paid. Once we've processed all of the incoming transactions we'll send out an email asking everyone to verify that their orders are marked paid correctly.

You can check your order status in your account history.

Xanother

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:27:53 AM

Update:

Sales have closed. It may take some time for all of the wires to come in and for your orders to be marked paid. Once we've processed all of the incoming transactions we'll send out an email asking everyone to verify that their orders are marked paid correctly.

hello dear , I look at you github , but not see cryptonight v7 ?
 https://github.com/sense-it/fpgaminer
https://github.com/sense-it/rtl

crpytonight v7 possible mining ?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:38:34 AM

Update:

They already explained it: cryptonight 1 monero variant 7 is the real name for what is called cryptonight v7.
So yes. 14KH/s is what people should get mining XMR.
Xanother

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:48:47 AM

Update:

They already explained it: cryptonight 1 monero variant 7 is the real name for what is called cryptonight v7.

ok thanks , but I not see github  page fpga source for monero
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:17:34 AM

Update:

No one that I know of is planning to release the source for CN, what was released was the source for older algorithms as examples to help more developers build
Xanother

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:28:42 AM

Update:

No one that I know of is planning to release the source for CN, what was released was the source for older algorithms as examples to help more developers build

oke thank you guys Smiley
byue803@gmail.com

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

When will there be another opportunity to buy again?

Thank You
melpheos

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:32:29 PM

When will there be another opportunity to buy again?

Thank You

Not before 2019... You can still buy directly from two vendors but more expensive and without the mining mods.
You can also read the thread
byue803@gmail.com

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:37:32 PM

so what are the algo provided for now? all the available minus new one right? also this group buy or whatver is intended for european only or usa only? because there is customs to pay for us

I'm working on EU manuf to deal with the VAT issues. It's not going to be a problem for me to ship worldwide. I shipped a couple of FPGA boards recently internationally. The requirements weren't what I was expecting. But, for EU customers, I'd like to ship from the EU.

No algos are available yet. I believe whitefire will release his first one on 5/30. You'll have to check his thread.

Any way to make it easier to have this manufactured in China and shipped to HK?  Cool
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:30:23 PM

so what are the algo provided for now? all the available minus new one right? also this group buy or whatver is intended for european only or usa only? because there is customs to pay for us

I'm working on EU manuf to deal with the VAT issues. It's not going to be a problem for me to ship worldwide. I shipped a couple of FPGA boards recently internationally. The requirements weren't what I was expecting. But, for EU customers, I'd like to ship from the EU.

No algos are available yet. I believe whitefire will release his first one on 5/30. You'll have to check his thread.

Any way to make it easier to have this manufactured in China and shipped to HK?  Cool

No.  The cards need to be flashed with the encryption keys before they go to the customer, and Allmine/senseless/GPUhoarder are not going to send you the keys...
melpheos

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:39:49 PM

Godamnit my bank is bloody stupid !
They are saying again something about the Morgan Chase account being an intermediary bank... WTH is an intermediary bank Huh
I gave them both accounts and they cannot do a simple wire transfert outside Europe !!!
Crypto is faster and simpler !
byue803@gmail.com

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:07:12 PM

No.  The cards need to be flashed with the encryption keys before they go to the customer, and Allmine/senseless/GPUhoarder are not going to send you the keys...

Of course they are not!  But I don't mind them coming over and I can take care of the accommodation given that senseless might already be within the area (correct me if I am wrong!)  Cool
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:35:02 AM

Of course they are not!  But I don't mind them coming over and I can take care of the accommodation given that senseless might already be within the area (correct me if I am wrong!)  Cool

After we ship we'll plan some sort of service allowing people to pay for shipping to send us their card and have it fused.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: