Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
strombert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:34:02 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 08:04:22 PM by strombert

please start to ignore politicians, maybe it gets pumped. thnx

Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:51:05 AM

"Climate deniers".

Isn't that a stupid term?

Way to go, reddit. Like those climate scientists making threats to those who are publishing findings that are contrary to their hypothesis. Makes me want to consider speading climate change denialist propaganda.
The term is carefully crafted propaganda to associate people who do not agree with the man made global warming hypothesis with "holocaust deniers" which is legally a crime in some countries, and a hair short of calling someone antisemitic. So in short, in their mind, having an opinion of your own means you supported Hitler's extermination of millions of people. Clearly the Nazi party was very friendly to people with opposing opinions no?

The difference between people who don't believe in climate change and people who don't believe that the holocaust happened is great.

There are literately millions of eye witnesses to what the Nazis did (and tried to do) to the Jews during WW2. This is something that actually happened in the past.

Climate change is something that could happen in the future. There is a huge difference.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:52:36 AM

Oh the irony in this picture.

What a hypocrite

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:10:12 AM

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.
When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

NOAA And NASA Data Alterations Are Global

I’ve shown how NASA and NOAA have dramatically altered the US temperature record, and they are doing the same thing in other countries, like Iceland and Australia – almost always cooling the past, which creates the appearance of warming.

Iceland:

Australia

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/noaa-and-nasa-data-alterations-are-global/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:04:26 PM

Feds Research Breeding Sheep With Lower Methane-Emitting Flatulence

The U.S. government funded research into methane emissions from sheep digestive systems — flatulence and burps — to see why some sheep produce more of the greenhouse gas than others.

Researchers with the Energy Department’s Joint Genome Institute wanted to find out exactly why animals of the same species produce different levels of methane. The ultimate hope of the the research is to find ways to breed livestock that produce less methane when they pass gas.

“The deep sequencing study contributes to this breeding program by defining the microbial contribution to the methane trait, which can be used in addition to methane measurements to assist in animal selection,” said senior scientist Graeme Attwood with AgResearch Limited, a senior author on the paper.

JGI researchers looked at the methane emissions of 22 sheep that are part of a breeding program in New Zealand that aims to breed sheep that emit less methane. They found that sheep with low methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of Methanosphaera — a species of methanogen. Sheep with high methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of the methanogen Methanobrevibacter gottschalkii.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/23/feds-research-breeding-sheep-with-lower-methane-emitting-flatulence/#ixzz35UsNihN1

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:19:20 AM

Feds Research Breeding Sheep With Lower Methane-Emitting Flatulence

The U.S. government funded research into methane emissions from sheep digestive systems — flatulence and burps — to see why some sheep produce more of the greenhouse gas than others.

Researchers with the Energy Department’s Joint Genome Institute wanted to find out exactly why animals of the same species produce different levels of methane. The ultimate hope of the the research is to find ways to breed livestock that produce less methane when they pass gas.

“The deep sequencing study contributes to this breeding program by defining the microbial contribution to the methane trait, which can be used in addition to methane measurements to assist in animal selection,” said senior scientist Graeme Attwood with AgResearch Limited, a senior author on the paper.

JGI researchers looked at the methane emissions of 22 sheep that are part of a breeding program in New Zealand that aims to breed sheep that emit less methane. They found that sheep with low methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of Methanosphaera — a species of methanogen. Sheep with high methane-emitting flatulence had elevated levels of the methanogen Methanobrevibacter gottschalkii.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/23/feds-research-breeding-sheep-with-lower-methane-emitting-flatulence/#ixzz35UsNihN1

Of course, after doing their research and determining that cow farts produce methane, and having previously subscribed a holy vows of methane is bad, the remaining quandary is what to do to force people to lower methane emissions from cows and sheep.

Obviously we need a Chicago based exchange trading cow and sheep farts.  A cap and trade program with progressive penalties would work, and you would be able to trade your fart rights with others who needed them more than you.

If you think this sounds like it came from the Onion, then you know it's probably what these guys are going to try to do.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:26:31 PM

Obama: “Hurricane Intensity” To Increase “As Climate Continues to Warm” – Reality: 17 Years With No Temp Increase, No Major Hurricanes Have Hit U.S. For Last 8 Years…

Pres. Obama warns “hurricane intensity” will increase due to global warming, even as the U.S. is in the midst of a record hurricane hiatus and there’s been no global warming in the past 17 years.

Obama said global warming would also “make storms more costly” in proclaiming this week (May 25-31) National Hurricane Preparedness Week:

“As the climate continues to warm, hurricane intensity and rainfall are projected to increase, and we expect sea level rise to make storm surges more costly. That is why, last year, I issued an Executive Order directing the Federal Governmentto take coordinated action to prepare our Nation for theimpacts of climate change. In the years ahead we will remain committed to increasing resilience, investing in scientific research, and cutting red tape so we can quickly send assistance where it is needed most.” [....]

“NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, dohereby proclaim May 25 through May 31, 2014, as National Hurricane Preparedness Week. I call upon government agencies, private organizations, schools, media, and residents in the coastal areas of our Nation to share information about hurricane preparedness and response to help save lives and protect communities.”

But, today, the Washington Post reported that it’s been more than eight years since the last major hurricane landfall in the U.S.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/obama-proclaims-hurricane-intensity-increase-climate-continues-warm

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:05:20 PM

FREE MONEY ALERT!

Want to Disprove Man-Made Climate Change? A Scientist Will Give You $10,000 if You Can

A physics professor is so fed up with the claims made by “climate change deniers” that he has launched a “$10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge.”

Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Newswire)
Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Web)
The challenge issued by Dr. Christopher Keating, a professor who previously taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, according to a news release, will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change.

Keating, who published the e-book “Undeniable: Dialogues on Global Warming,” wrote on his blog that he would be the final judge of any entries and would provide his comments “on why any entry fails to prove the point.”

“I know you are not going to get rich with $10,000. But, tell me, wouldn’t you like to have a spare $10,000? After all, the skeptics all claim it is a simple matter, and it doesn’t even have to be original,” Keating wrote. “If it is so easy, just cut and paste the proof from somewhere. Provide the scientific evidence and prove your point and the $10,000 is yours!

“This is no joke. If someone can provide a proof that I can’t refute, using scientific evidence, then I will write them a check.”

http://dialoguesonglobalwarming.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to attach your coinbase account #  Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665320.msg7507775#msg7507775

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

FREE MONEY ALERT!

Want to Disprove Man-Made Climate Change? A Scientist Will Give You $10,000 if You Can

A physics professor is so fed up with the claims made by “climate change deniers” that he has launched a “$10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge.”

Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Newswire)
Dr. Christopher Keating, a scientist who has previously taught a the University of South Dakota and for the U.S. Naval Academy, issued a challenge for someone to scientifically disprove global warming. (Image source: PR Web)
The challenge issued by Dr. Christopher Keating, a professor who previously taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, according to a news release, will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change......

“This is no joke. If someone can provide a proof that I can’t refute, using scientific evidence, then I will write them a check.”

My question would be "Sir. Since you are lying about what skeptics say about global warming, why should anyone believe  your assertion you will pay out?"
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:43:12 PM

Wait wait, man-made climate change is actually debatable, I thought he was bitching about people who deny climate change and global warming completely which I'd totally understand, this is kind of like when you talk to people about whether they mean inflation of the money supply or if you're looking at the prices of something.

Why is it always the fucking Americans that make perfectly normal and rational debates so stupid?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:54:12 PM

Wait wait, man-made climate change is actually debatable, I thought he was bitching about people who deny climate change and global warming completely which I'd totally understand, this is kind of like when you talk to people about whether they mean inflation of the money supply or if you're looking at the prices of something.

Why is it always the fucking Americans that make perfectly normal and rational debates so stupid?

Calling anyone who does not believe in the AGW doctrine a denier is an international sport, just like the world cup.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:53:44 PM

Well, he says right there ...

will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change......

Which is NOT AN ARGUMENT ANYONE HAS MADE!

This is in logic called "creating a strawman".

It tells me he is a coward, otherwise he would use his high IQ which he must have being a Professor, and he would make a challenge based on actual arguments. 

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:26:06 PM

FREE MONEY ALERT!

The challenge issued by Dr. Christopher Keating, a professor who previously taught at the University of South Dakota and the U.S. Naval Academy, according to a news release, will award prize money to anyone who uses the scientific method to prove that human activity has not been a factor leading to climate change.

Keating, who published the e-book “Undeniable: Dialogues on Global Warming,” wrote on his blog that he would be the final judge of any entries and would provide his comments “on why any entry fails to prove the point.”

“I know you are not going to get rich with $10,000. But, tell me, wouldn’t you like to have a spare $10,000? After all, the skeptics all claim it is a simple matter, and it doesn’t even have to be original,” Keating wrote. “If it is so easy, just cut and paste the proof from somewhere. Provide the scientific evidence and prove your point and the $10,000 is yours!

ill give you 1 google dollars if you can prove that god doesnt exist. of course you cant but that certainly doesnt mean that god does exist. the burden of proof is on people who make the positive claim. its on people who say that anthropogenic climate change does exist.

one does this by creating a hypotheses and then testing it against future data and seeing if the hypothesis was able to accurately predict outcomes. climate scientists have made dozens if not hundreds of such hypotheses. they call them "climate models" but as of yet EVERY SINGLE ONE that has had any reasonable amount of time to test its predictive capability has failed to accurately predict the future climate.

Imagine this happening in any other field. Imagine if a physicist made a hypotheses and then tested it and the hypothesys failed to accurately predict outcomes. Now imagine that despite its inability to make accurate predictions everyone still assumed it was true and called everyone who questioned the hypotheses "physics deniers". of course that wouldnt happen because the state isnt invested in a particular outcome of physics research. but this is the world we live in with climate research.

its so sad that some people are so brainwashed that they cant figure this stuff out themselves.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:33:21 PM

The initial science was done also by intellectuals, not manual laborers. Google founders, Wright brothers Tesla etc all were smart intellectuals, who worked hard, worked intelligently and achieved something that we all enjoy today.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

The initial science was done also by intellectuals, not manual laborers. Google founders, Wright brothers Tesla etc all were smart intellectuals, who worked hard, worked intelligently and achieved something that we all enjoy today.

Was this tool created by manual laborers or intellectuals? Is the tool accurate, or a gadget?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:18:32 AM

Obama’s Climate Change Plan Will Prevent 3,300 Heart Attacks…

President Barack Obama’s Climate Action Plan will stop 3,300 heart attacks and 150,000 asthma attacks, according to a report released by the White House Wednesday.

The plan, which includes new efficiency standards and renewable energy projects, will reportedly prevent 6,600 deaths — when “fully implemented.”

“Since the Climate Action Plan’s release, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed carbon pollution standards for new and existing power plants that put our nation on track to cut carbon pollution from the power sector by 30 percent and reduce pollutants that contribute to the soot and smog that make people sick by over 25 percent in 2030,” the report explains.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/25/white-house-obamas-climate-plan-will-prevent-3300-heart-attacks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not 1649, not 2999... But 3300... Hopefully NOT with the help from the VA's hospital speedy network Wink

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:25:59 AM

...the burden of proof is on people who make the positive claim. its on people who say that anthropogenic climate change does exist.

Well, you are correct as far as the modern assertions of the planet is going to be a fiery hell 5-8C hotter in just a few years or 20 years or whatever due to man's....<blah blah blah>

But in the more general sense, of course man has changed climate in regional areas at various times.   Pollution, soot, etc.  Nobody has ever disputed this.  This is why I called the professor out as an intellectually dishonest coward, because he won't frame a question honestly which is answerable with logic and science.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:22:26 PM

Reddit is just a bunch of trolls. But what I think is that climate change does happen. There was an Ice Age not that long ago in a geological sense and we're still kinda coming out of it. BUT I think it is highly arrogant to say that human activity is the ONLY factor involved with climate change. If you're not a rabid Creationist who takes the Bible literally (and I know not all Christians are a Ken Ham who can get owned by a science educator), you know that Earth was here long before there were humans and will still be here long after those of us who are pioneering spirits have colonized other planets and the rest die in a worldwide cataclysm a la Hollywood style. Nature is good at bouncing back from disaster even if it might not ever look the same as it did before. Yes, replace your light bulbs with a more efficient version and remember to turn your lights and appliances off when you leave the room, but do it because they'll save you on your energy bill.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: