Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 01:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636407 times)
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:51:43 PM

Leftist At Climate March Calls For Going After People “F*cking Over” The Environment By Burning Their House Down…

“We know where they live.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3gRNVLfg8#t=13

Less wood to burn when the new ice age gets here.  Smiley

Wow climate believers are so kind and rational.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:59:12 PM

Whatever.

If/when the effects arrive, I will be dead.

Not my problem

You pay taxes for this shit. Of course its your problem.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:27:58 PM

Whatever.

Not my problem

lol its funny cause its true.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:36:12 AM

Whatever.

Not my problem

And it shall come to pass, that the Great God of Gov, shall roll back the waters of the oceans, and shall take bountiful sums from the populace, and make promises of a happy future, and the people shall be fucked.

I want to know something.  Can I buy some feet or inches of ocean rollback?  Like on a contract with a performance guarantee.  How much is a foot?  An inch?  Who will sell it to me?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:54:04 AM

Whatever.

Not my problem

And it shall come to pass, that the Great God of Gov, shall roll back the waters of the oceans, and shall take bountiful sums from the populace, and make promises of a happy future, and the people shall be fucked.

I want to know something.  Can I buy some feet or inches of ocean rollback?  Like on a contract with a performance guarantee.  How much is a foot?  An inch?  Who will sell it to me?

Now that Mother Nature has lawyers representing her can she be sued for multiples of billions? The weight of Evolution and that thing called "death" are putting extra pressure on my mind everyday. M. N. Has been killing generations after generations of defenseless creatures for millions of years. None of them had a voice to say "Enough is enough! No one needs to be killed by a volcano or a stupid space rock" it is time to fight back people!

No Justice No Peace! Fight Mother Nature!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:06:37 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 05:05:16 PM by Spendulus

Leftist At Climate March Calls For Going After People “F*cking Over” The Environment By Burning Their House Down…

“We know where they live.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3gRNVLfg8#t=13

Less wood to burn when the new ice age gets here.  Smiley

Wow climate believers are so kind and rational.
What they are is far left radical ...

...Terrorists.

“Unless we announce disasters no one will listen.” - Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

“It doesn’t matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true.” - Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy.” - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

“No matter if the science of global warming is all phony… climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.” - Christine Stewart, fmr Canadian Minister of the Environment

“The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.” - emeritus professor Daniel Botkin
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:26:05 AM

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/09/this-year-sea-ice-records-are-being-set-in-the-antarctic/

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:08:46 AM

those comments really tell alot when  conthose believers are fronted to the bare truth. such lack of empathy, pretending to know everything, i though people reading arsTech were a bit more smart than the average clueless joe.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:04:22 AM

those comments really tell alot when  conthose believers are fronted to the bare truth. such lack of empathy, pretending to know everything, i though people reading arsTech were a bit more smart than the average clueless joe.

They believe they are. ArseTechnica...

StarStruckEllipse

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:03:29 AM

I dunno how I feel about it.  On one hand, their posts were kind of dumb and unsubstantiated, but on the other hand, the moderators really shouldn't be moderating to that much of a degree
redrage

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:30:32 PM

I'm not a 'scientist' or 'climatologist' (aka glorified weatherman/woman) but I am fairly observant and try to avoid the bias of sites like reddit and ars.

Living in the North East U.S. I go out side in July it is 80F.  In January I go outside and it is 10F.   Next year I go out side in January it might be -10F and in July it is 105F.. thousands of years ago it was covered by a glacier.  they call it climate change or global warming.. I call it weather.. or seasons.

To deny climate change happens at all is just silly.  It happens.  It has been happening since forever.  At one time earth consisted of one land mass with a large ocean.   The land masses are still moving and will continue to do so.. I wonder if that has effect on climate?  These volcanoes erupting this month.. wonder if that will effect climate?

The problem is how much effect humans have had on the change in the climate and what the 'greenie weenies' want the climate to be? What would make them happy.  I've concluded that nothing will, it is this generations' power play.

farming changes the climate.  Eating meat changes climate... being a vegetarian changes the climate.. using coal electricity changes the climate... using 'green' energy (solar, wind, hydro) changes the climate.  pretty much everything we can do changes the climate. 

Personally I think the greenies should go back and work on things that they could really make a difference in.. like pollution, reducing waste and such.  Everyone likes green grass, clean water and clear skies.  Start in the nations that are now starting to industrialize like China, I haven't heard about large amounts of smog in the US in quite sometime (good job!)

There has been enough data either falsified or mishandled about climate change to seriously question the 'experts'.  Of course it doesn't help when they recruit spokesmen(woman) who are hypocrites on the matter.  It's like having Adrian Peterson teaching child discipline classes.  Just doesn't work

To call it the Largest threat to man kind is one of the dumbest things I've heard.  Humans adapt to climate.  If there is a flood you get out of the way or re-route it.  Things like asteroids hitting the earth, another world war, another plague, zombies  or another Star Trek movie directed by JJ Abrams are bigger threats.

TL;DR politicized science is not science.  Do your part by not polluting and reducing your waste and don't panic.  Just my opinion
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

snip

To call it the Largest threat to man kind is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

snap

Mankind is the biggest threat to mankind.

good to see there are still reasonable peps like you.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:09:38 PM

Global Warming Claims Another Victim… Gravity…

Gravity—yes, gravity—is the latest victim of climate change in Antarctica. That’s the stunning conclusion announced Friday by the European Space Agency.

“The loss of ice from West Antarctica between 2009 and 2012 caused a dip in the gravity field over the region,” writes the ESA, whose GOCE satellite measured the change. Apparently, melting billions of tons of ice year after year has implications that would make even Isaac Newton blanch. Here’s the data visualized.

It reminds me of those first images of the ozone hole, decades ago.

To be fair, the change in gravity is very small. It’s not like you’ll float off into outer space on your next vacation to the Antarctic Peninsula.

The biggest implication is the new measurements confirm global warming is changing the Antarctic in fundamental ways. Earlier this year, a separate team of scientists announced that major West Antarctic glaciers have begun an “unstoppable” “collapse,” committing global sea levels to a rise of several meters over the next few hundred years.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/09/29/antarctic_ice_melt_causes_small_shift_in_gravity.html

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:42:01 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 09:53:48 PM by Spendulus

Gravity—yes, gravity—is the latest victim of climate change in Antarctica. That’s the stunning conclusion announced Friday by the European Space Agency.

“The loss of ice from West Antarctica between 2009 and 2012 caused a dip in the gravity field over the region,” writes the ESA, whose GOCE satellite measured the change. Apparently, melting billions of tons of ice year after year has implications that would make even Isaac Newton blanch. Here’s the data visualized.

To be fair, the change in gravity is very small. It’s not like you’ll float off into outer space on your next vacation to the Antarctic Peninsula.

The biggest implication is the new measurements confirm global warming is changing the Antarctic in fundamental ways. Earlier this year, a separate team of scientists announced that major West Antarctic glaciers have begun an “unstoppable” “collapse,” committing global sea levels to a rise of several meters over the next few hundred years.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/09/29/antarctic_ice_melt_causes_small_shift_in_gravity.html

I'm going to cite one fact in opposition to a silly article, Willikon.

GRACE gravitational-recovery satellites showed sea-level falling from 2003-2009 (Cazenave et al., 2009).

Now it happens that gravitational measurements are incredibly sensitive.  

But your writers didn't shout "Sea Levels are Falling, Not Rising!"

Nope.  They spun the subject around to make it sound frightening.  But it's the exact reverse.....

When lying is endemic in science (or in reporting of science), we've got serious problems.  But they are problems in malfunctioning human brains, not in Gaia.

Things are somewhat improving though.  This article published in Science suggests dropping the "Global Temperature" unscientific measure for assessing "climate change."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/01/wow-nature-article-suggests-ditch-the-2-c-warming-goal/

As I have previously commented a "global temperature" is not calculable and frankly, does not exist.  Yet multiple trillion dollar public policies are being crammed at populations based on these propagated myths. 

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:40:05 PM

snip

To call it the Largest threat to man kind is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

snap

Mankind is the biggest threat to mankind.
It just doesn't get any truer than this.  Unless you want to include big space rocks inbound.  I don't have a baseball bat big enough for those....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:16:48 AM

I'm going to cite one fact in opposition to a silly article, Willikon.

GRACE gravitational-recovery satellites showed sea-level falling from 2003-2009 (Cazenave et al., 2009).

Now it happens that gravitational measurements are incredibly sensitive.  

But your writers didn't shout "Sea Levels are Falling, Not Rising!"

Nope.  They spun the subject around to make it sound frightening.  But it's the exact reverse.....

When lying is endemic in science (or in reporting of science), we've got serious problems.  But they are problems in malfunctioning human brains, not in Gaia.

Things are somewhat improving though.  This article published in Science suggests dropping the "Global Temperature" unscientific measure for assessing "climate change."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/01/wow-nature-article-suggests-ditch-the-2-c-warming-goal/

As I have previously commented a "global temperature" is not calculable and frankly, does not exist.  Yet multiple trillion dollar public policies are being crammed at populations based on these propagated myths. 

It is clear the people behind pushing this propaganda left science behind a long long time ago. It is all political now and this is what this thread is trying point out, with the words the people pushing the agenda...

...For the past year!  Grin

Happy Birthday To You Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers Thread!

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:08:13 AM

happy bday to all you retard deniers and climate free smugglers Grin
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:21:49 PM

happy bday to all you retard deniers and climate free smugglers Grin

Thank you! You are always welcome here. No matter your superiority complex Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

Climate Change May Kill More Than Ebola, U.K. Doctors Say

Climate change may kill many more people than the Ebola virus, a group of U.K. doctors said in a call for the World Health Organization to declare the issue a public emergency.

Burning fossil fuels causes about 7 million premature deaths from indoor and outdoor air pollution, according to the BMJ, a medical journal owned by the British Medical Association. While the WHO has shown leadership on climate change, it has stopped short of declaring a public health emergency, said Editor-in-Chief Fiona Godlee.

“This may be understandable with Ebola raging, but it is what WHO should now do,” she said in an editorial. “Deaths from Ebola infection, tragic and frightening though they are, will pale into insignificance when compared with the mayhem we can expect for our children and grandchildren if the world does nothing to check its carbon emissions.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-01/climate-change-may-kill-more-than-ebola-u-k-doctors-say.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Social Scientists Say They Have Discovered A Way To Brainwash Conservatives Into Believing Global Warming Is Real…

Last week’s People’s Climate March drew 400,000 people onto the streets of Manhattan and a great deal of international attention to a subject of dire urgency. But some were skeptical about the event’s overall significance. “The march slogan was, ‘to change everything, we need everyone,’ which is telling, because it won’t change everything, because it didn’t include everyone,” wrote David Roberts of Grist. “Specifically, it won’t change American politics because it didn’t include conservatives.” True enough.

If there weren’t such a stark divide between American conservatives and almost everyone else on the question of the existence and importance of climate change — a divide that can approach 40 points on some polling questions — the political situation would be very different. So if any progress on climate change is going to be made through the American political system — apart from executive orders by Democratic presidents — it is going to have to somehow involve convincing a lot of conservatives that yes, climate change is a threat to civilization.

How do you do that? The answer has more to do with psychology than politics.

The practice of tailoring a political message to a particular group is commonplace, of course. But the climate activist community has broadly failed to understand just how differently conservatives and liberals see the world on certain issues, and, as a result, just how radically different messages targeting conservatives should look. [...]

In a larger context, social scientists have shown in laboratory settings that there are ways to discuss climate change that nudge conservatives toward recognizing the issue. Research is proceeding along a few different tracks. One of them involves moral foundations theory, a hot idea in political psychology that basically argues that people holding different political beliefs arrive at those beliefs because they have different moral values (even if there’s plenty of overlap). Liberals tend to be more moved by the idea of innocent people being harmed than conservatives, for example, while conservatives are more likely to react to notions of disgust (some of the conservative rhetoric over immigration reflects this difference).

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/09/how-to-convince-conservatives-on-climate-change.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder what will happen to all of those not "compatible with the psychological reprogramming process"...

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: