Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

You might regret selling now if it hits Cryptsy today, tomorrow, or whenever "soon".
This coin only goes down, it is a great coin but it only moves down, never up. I think the reason it is going down is a lot of us miners are deciding to dump our coins to help defray the cost of mining because it looks like it is never going to be on cryptsy. If it doesn't get listed on Cryptsy within 12 hours I am dumping all my coins I have mined since day 1. I have watched this thing fall from 800 to 200, enuogh is enough. Too bad since it looks to be one of the best new coins out there.

Why dumping those coins? You.could make a lot of people happy with your coins Wink

I wanted them to make me happy! Ihave tried to figure out why a coin with such active dev and awesome graphics and web presence keeps going down while other crap nonsense coins do much better. I don't know. Is it because of the massive premine? Other coins have huge premines and these dev's have used a lot of those premined coins in giveaways and promotions, so I don't really think it is that, I think it is because the dev and others were not actively trying to get it on cryptsy in the beginning, and wanted to wait, now it has gone on too long and miners are getting nervous about whether they will ever recoup investment. It should have went on cryptsy as fast as catcoin did. I think that is the problem, people losing confidence in it and dumping their coins before it hits 100. Wish there was a little good news once in a while, but it just keeps dropping with no end in site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mordillo

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

dear earthcoin,

this is sammy, the editor of btc38.

thanks a lot for your explanation on the premined coins. thought i am not 100% agree with your opinions, but your response is much apprecated.
here i'd ask for your help. would you please send me a list and proof of how the premined coins.

personnaly i like this coin a lot, specially its icon.

best regards,
Sammy

Hi Sammy,

Sure sending you a PM now, thanks for getting back to us!

It would be very interesting to know the result about this. Thank you

bump  Roll Eyes
AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:13:41 PM

You might regret selling now if it hits Cryptsy today, tomorrow, or whenever "soon".
This coin only goes down, it is a great coin but it only moves down, never up. I think the reason it is going down is a lot of us miners are deciding to dump our coins to help defray the cost of mining because it looks like it is never going to be on cryptsy. If it doesn't get listed on Cryptsy within 12 hours I am dumping all my coins I have mined since day 1. I have watched this thing fall from 800 to 200, enuogh is enough. Too bad since it looks to be one of the best new coins out there.

Not to be an ass about it (well maybe a little bit) but if you have to dump everything at whatever low price you can get to defray your mining costs, your mining operation isn't on a sound footing to start with, and you might want to re-think what you're doing.

Do you know how stupid that sounds??? Not to sound like an ass, (well maybe a little bit) So if you mine a coin for a week and see the coin having troubles and price dropping so you decide to liquidate to recoup mining costs, how does that have anything to do with overall operation. A smart man moves on to more profitable coins. Just like a real world business, if a certain part of it is losing money the business may get rid of the losing part and do something else, IT HAS NO BEARING ON BEING ON STABLE FOOTING TO START WITH, THAT IS HOW A BUSINESS STAYS ON SOUND FOOTING IS TO DUMP LOSING AREAS AND WORK IN THE PROFITABLE ONES. What person in their right mind (and I am assuming your not by your response) would keep on a course that will run their business into the red?
minerman1234

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

Is anyone having issues logging in to Coinium?

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
now2ai8

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

Not to be an ass about it (well maybe a little bit) but if you have to dump everything at whatever low price you can get to defray your mining costs, your mining operation isn't on a sound footing to start with, and you might want to re-think what you're doing.

Do you know how stupid that sounds??? Not to sound like an ass, (well maybe a little bit) So if you mine a coin for a week and see the coin having troubles and price dropping so you decide to liquidate to recoup mining costs, how does that have anything to do with overall operation. A smart man moves on to more profitable coins. Just like a real world business, if a certain part of it is losing money the business may get rid of the losing part and do something else, IT HAS NO BEARING ON BEING ON STABLE FOOTING TO START WITH, THAT IS HOW A BUSINESS STAYS ON SOUND FOOTING IS TO DUMP LOSING AREAS AND WORK IN THE PROFITABLE ONES. What person in their right mind (and I am assuming your not by your response) would keep on a course that will run their business into the red?

When you factor in the high cost of setting up a mining rig (4-5k usd), you can't afford to wait around in this volatile market.  Get what you can.  You can't afford to speculate.  "not being on sound footing".  That's pretty ridiculous.   Makes no sense.  Most miners don't mine to hold.  Miners get market value for it. It's up to others to speculate.  Hasn't it alwasy been like this?  Miners assume less risks; but less reward.  Investors assume high risks; but high reward. 
peb0t

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

DEV we need news

XCurrency  XTgRpR2Ub3wgRQpY5YMyNVg3pjYocoy9W8
BTC 1MjV44KAiKraCQXhNCsoECzyqWAjJa8396
Crypto lover.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:27:44 PM

When you factor in the high cost of setting up a mining rig (4-5k usd), you can't afford to wait around in this volatile market.  Get what you can.  You can't afford to speculate.  "not being on sound footing".  That's pretty ridiculous.   Makes no sense.  Most miners don't mine to hold.  Miners get market value for it. It's up to others to speculate.  Hasn't it alwasy been like this?  Miners assume less risks; but less reward.  Investors assume high risks; but high reward. 

What would I know, I only run 10 rigs @ 6 x 7950 GPUs each for close to 40MH/s. Guess I got there by having no clue what I'm doing. You remind me of the guys dumping LOT at 10-15 right before it listed at Cryptsy and they could have sold for 4-5x that. But hey, go for it. Your money.

minerman1234

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

@Speedie - Your argument is flawed and completely untrue.  That is NOT how a business stays on sound footing.  There are plenty of big, well known businesses that operated in the red for YEARS before seeing profit (ex. Netflix, YouTube, Zappos).  The continued supply of a worthwhile product/service that people value is part of the key for continued success.  People who are focused on immediately recouping mining costs can't see further than what's directly in front of them, and have no comprehension of risk vs. reward.

@AtlantisPlatform - Same as above, with the addition that I wouldn't downplay the risk that a miner is exposed to.  Miners in it for the long-term pay in time and maintenance costs, don't forget that.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:39:53 PM

how did you found out such bright idea?
I am miner with quite good HR and usually what I mine I also keep.. same with EAC.. EAC was actually only coin I even invested in by buying it
yodoberman

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:42:12 PM

Just let every man/woman choose what they do with their coins. We all learn falling and getting back up. If one wants to sell so be it. If one wants to go for the long run, fine with me.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:44:00 PM

Is anyone having issues logging in to Coinium?

No problems here!
Silvano

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:44:36 PM

it seems the only important exchange all around the world is Crypsy.
hahahahahaahah
i know cryptsy and i work on that exchange, but....
BigVern must to make lot of road, before call his site a real serious exchange.

take a look to Avatrader, or CMC markets, or Activtrades for know what really is an exchange.
crypsty, like coinedup and coinex, are 3 little reality in this world.
with many problem in different areas, and expecially for cryptsy, very very slow, that is the worst thing can happen in a online exchange.

so why all people seems disperated because EAC isn't in cryptsy yet?

EAC: eStpUnXdAACnB8mntosy1H3yiumrFwUdYU  DOGE: DQvMVeWDzetrbcYU7FFrg9Q9KEcDTeQLm2
LOT: M5qBdb43nj53Jjjf8Ci95dgQzoUriQiKDv     MOON: 2UNbhV3RUdFNRiK6wWop6gPawM9xGbbaEn
AtlantisPlatform

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

What would I know, I only run 10 rigs @ 6 x 7950 GPUs each for close to 40MH/s. Guess I got there by having no clue what I'm doing. You remind me of the guys dumping LOT at 10-15 right before it listed at Cryptsy and they could have sold for 4-5x that. But hey, go for it. Your money.

Well in answer to the first part of your question, not much obviously. And savvy business sense  is not dependent on how many machines a person has. So let me ask you, Mr Speedy, a question so I may drink from your well of knowledge and hopefully learn something. Let's suppose you have  a home furnishings store, actually lets say 10 home furnishing stores, since you like to compare business savvy with x amount of something. Ok, now your stores sell couches, tables , chairs etc. Your business is very profitable and has been for years. So you decide to try a new area, mattresses.  Well after a while of selling mattresses you see that they are always losing money, you hang in there for awhile but after seeing that they just never produce profi,t you decide to get rid of the loser mattresses by holding a sale and liquidating them. Problem solved right? But wait, suddenly your banker shows up, let's call him Mr Speedybanker, he tells you that since you decided to pull the plug on the unprofitable mattress division that your business must not have been on "stable footing" to begin with and calls in all your loans on your business. Mr Speedy the banker kind of sounds like you and has the same amount of common sense as you, doesn't he Mr 10 rigs@ 6 7950 gpuman?
bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:52:10 PM

I too mine, but have not sold yet any coins. I just think their price should be higher in order for me to sell them. I believe that you need to hold on to coins until the price is right. I would never just mine - dump - mine - dump. You can earn so much more if you just hold on a bit longer.

But I too need to get back what I invested. So it is a though call.

At the end of the day, I will hold on to my EACs for better days. And hope that things stabilize and EAC will climb to its true value.
Trafficlearn

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:53:06 PM

Whats the difference if the coin is premined 2% or hashraped to the same amount by a huge hashfarm on launch....makes no difference whatsoever....the little guys are still the ones left to prop the coin up.

the premine talks makes me lol every time.....don't premine!!....but give away 1 mill coins for free...etc...comical.

~TESLACOINS ~      http://www.teslacoins.com  Teslacoins! Renewable energy mining!  COMING SOON!
Mordillo

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:54:47 PM

As we don't get the latest news from the dev team, we have to do some research by our self and ask the right people via messages and skype.

The ones that also got the private message know now what to do.

Very sad all this.
ZeroAsANumber

Impossible is Nothing

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

it seems the only important exchange all around the world is Crypsy.
hahahahahaahah
i know cryptsy and i work on that exchange, but....
BigVern must to make lot of road, before call his site a real serious exchange.

take a look to Avatrader, or CMC markets, or Activtrades for know what really is an exchange.
crypsty, like coinedup and coinex, are 3 little reality in this world.
with many problem in different areas, and expecially for cryptsy, very very slow, that is the worst thing can happen in a online exchange.

so why all people seems disperated because EAC isn't in cryptsy yet?

Answer - Volume. it doesn't matter if cryptsy is buggy and laggy (which it is, sometimes) what's matter is that more people use it than coinex or coinedup. when eac gets there it will be available to a larger crowd. that's it. nothing else.

earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 06:58:45 PM

As we don't get the latest news from the dev team, we have to do some research by our self and ask the right people via messages and skype.

Very sad all this.

We are not keeping any 'latest news' from anyone, there is nothing important or major to report and I don't believe in blind/pointless hype.

When there is news you guys will be the first to know.

Why assume things?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Silvano

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:58:52 PM

Whats the difference if the coin is premined 2% or hashraped to the same amount by a huge hashfarm on launch....makes no difference whatsoever....the little guys are still the ones left to prop the coin up.

the premine talks makes me lol every time.....don't premine!!....but give away 1 mill coins for free...etc...comical.

That!

+1

EAC: eStpUnXdAACnB8mntosy1H3yiumrFwUdYU  DOGE: DQvMVeWDzetrbcYU7FFrg9Q9KEcDTeQLm2
LOT: M5qBdb43nj53Jjjf8Ci95dgQzoUriQiKDv     MOON: 2UNbhV3RUdFNRiK6wWop6gPawM9xGbbaEn
negamus

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 06:59:42 PM

Very sad all this.

I was on yesterday and there was a dev post about the phone app. The day before, there was a post about crypsty, pretty much when I'm online, I see a dev posting. What other "latest news" are you looking for?

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: