Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:04:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
Nanolucas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:49:38 AM

Excellent work kitkat007, that's looking very nice. Good luck setting up the backend to query the block chain, that's definitely a much better idea than trying to upload the chain to the iphone Tongue

Also a non-trimmed value would have all 8 decimal places.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:52:54 AM

EarthCoin Iphone App (still in development).

What you can do with the app:

Adress balance (saves your address)
Price and best Exchange Market for it
24H percentage
Mining DIff rating
BtcVolume
Coinmarket cap Rank
Push Notifications when the price changes (you can set the prices yourself)

We are talking with the releaser of EarthCoin to use the app also for announcements, so that he can reach all coin owners at once if somethings up.

We chose the design based on simplicity and i think FLAT design is real cool...but you can send me feedback if you have a better idea about the look of it and also maybe adding other stuff in the app.

Sending and receiving coins is something i am already looking into, the problem is the block chain, to download it all to a phone is nonsense...so it has to be done all online with a backend....we are looking into that.

sleek, I like it. atm the whole EAC folder in appdata is not even 180MB on my PC.... it is still quite a lot for a cellphone, but considering 32 gig is standard nowadays and it is getting more and more, and samsung usually offers exchangeable SD cards in their cell phones, even the 180MB sounds not totally insane...

some games already need gigabytes on android

The android wallet I'm working on is a lite client and doesn't have to download the entire blockchain to work, just the block headers. I think a lite client is the best solution for a mobile app where the block can get so large.

For people asking about the android app. I was away from my computer the last day while they finished up repairs in my apartment so I haven't been able to finish up the coding. Im back in and settled now though so I'm  finally getting some real work done. I expect to sent it out to a few people for some QA later this evening.

If all goes well with the testing it will be released shortly after.  

kitkat007

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

NEURON pre-ICO: starts on 17th September

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:57:07 AM

EarthCoin Iphone App (still in development).

What you can do with the app:

Adress balance (saves your address)
Price and best Exchange Market for it
24H percentage
Mining DIff rating
BtcVolume
Coinmarket cap Rank
Push Notifications when the price changes (you can set the prices yourself)

We are talking with the releaser of EarthCoin to use the app also for announcements, so that he can reach all coin owners at once if somethings up.

We chose the design based on simplicity and i think FLAT design is real cool...but you can send me feedback if you have a better idea about the look of it and also maybe adding other stuff in the app.

Sending and receiving coins is something i am already looking into, the problem is the block chain, to download it all to a phone is nonsense...so it has to be done all online with a backend....we are looking into that.

sleek, I like it. atm the whole EAC folder in appdata is not even 180MB on my PC.... it is still quite a lot for a cellphone, but considering 32 gig is standard nowadays and it is getting more and more, and samsung usually offers exchangeable SD cards in their cell phones, even the 180MB sounds not totally insane...

some games already need gigabytes on android

The android wallet I'm working on is a lite client and doesn't have to download the entire blockchain to work, just the block headers. I think a lite client is the best solution for a mobile app where the block can get so large.

For people asking about the android app. I was away from my computer the last day while they finished up repairs in my apartment so I haven't been able to finish up the coding. Im back in and settled now though so I'm  finally getting some real work done. I expect to sent it out to a few people for some QA later this evening.

If all goes well with the testing it will be released shortly after.  

Awsome!! Got my android ready.

If you don't plan to release it on IOS can you explain to me in PM how you got it done. I did not get into the whole block chain story. I did see some coins hooking up to an online wallet...

I know the app can only be released on jailbroken phones but better than nothing.

People have to believe this coin is not like the others...
SteveoMB

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:58:10 AM

guys really. this is like a birthday-present or so.... you guys are doing great and important stuff behind the scene and release such great apps... there were moments when i thought that this is lot of timewasting... but now... everything seems to be fine.

You guys are great!

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Nanolucas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

I absolutely agree. Forcing the user to download / sync each time would make it basically unusable.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:11:29 AM

I absolutely agree. Forcing the user to download / sync each time would make it basically unusable.

It will still technically download and sync each time, it will just download the block headers which are much smaller cutting sync time to practically nothing. When you receive coins it will download the entire block the coins belong to at that point to verify the transaction. It goes deeper then that and some of its still a little over my head currently but thats a good general overview.

24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:17:37 AM

also: why iphone? apple has been losing market share all year... I think android is a bigger market. doesn't mean we should exclude iphone, of course

An iPhone app should be top priority... as much as I dislike Apple products... I use an iPhone since over 90% of my customers do... and it is the easiest and cheapest way to stay in contact via iMessage.

This is a big step forward.
abdulmad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:28:44 AM

poolerino just went down.
CrytoEnthusiast

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:29:25 AM

It will still technically download and sync each time, it will just download the block headers which are much smaller cutting sync time to practically nothing. When you receive coins it will download the entire block the coins belong to at that point to verify the transaction. It goes deeper then that and some of its still a little over my head currently but thats a good general overview.

Downloading just the block headers as opposed to the entire blocks to fasten things up is absolutely brilliant. I look forward to seeing both apps Smiley
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:42:36 AM

App = nice, but suggestion: please do not trim the trailing zeros.. Smiley

how much zero's is enough ?

Display all 8 decimals imo.. hard to read quickly if 0.0000022 is 22 or 220 satoshis.
Xamda

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:49:55 AM

Spelling Police: more than, less than

haha wow what a mistake !!!!! thanks i will change it, really did not see it !  

and if nobody picks up the Android App and if the community likes this one, we can port it

I am pretty sure you can prepare to port it... Looks great. It would be great to have it for Android at the same time (and I believe there are more Android users :-) ).
lucoia

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:04:19 AM

Hi, I'm about to add the coinbase merchant tools to my website to sell some merchandise for BTC (don't want to disclose that yet) and I'm going to accept EAC too for payment and to advertise it, since I'm going to print some T-Shirts and stuffs of my brand, I was wondering if I should print a few EAC tshirts too, if you people are interested in buying them. That could be a test idea:

If enough ppl are interested I can do that.

I'm also thinking to add the line "We mine EAC" "We'll be millionaires in 2 years" or something like that on my brand Tshirt too, that would be funny so I'll see how that will turn out.

My pricing idea actually for the T-Shirts at the actual exchange is 12.000EAC shipping nationally, 15.000EAC shipping internationally.

As soon as the website is updated with the merchant I'm gonna update you guys.
xspeed9190

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:15:00 AM

Hi, I'm about to add the coinbase merchant tools to my website to sell some merchandise for BTC (don't want to disclose that yet) and I'm going to accept EAC too for payment and to advertise it, since I'm going to print some T-Shirts and stuffs of my brand, I was wondering if I should print a few EAC tshirts too, if you people are interested in buying them. That could be a test idea:

I'm also thinking to add the line "We mine EAC" "We'll be millionaires in 2 years" or something like that on my brand Tshirt too, that would be funny so I'll see how that will turn out.

My pricing idea actually for the T-Shirts at the actual exchange is 12.000EAC shipping nationally, 15.000EAC shipping internationally.

Awesome idea.  I'd definitely  want a t shirt. I am not sure though.  The . in USA is for fractions/floats and , denotes every multiple of 100.  Is it 12k EAC or 12?  Sorry for the ignorance.

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
riffraffselbow

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:15:19 AM

How about "I mined Earthcoin and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt"?
minerman1234

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:17:49 AM

If you make (good quality) t-shirts, you can sign me up.  But it has to be a good quality shirt, good cotton, soft to the touch.  Not something that feels like I just threw on burlap.

Edit:  I think the "We'll be millionaires in 2 years" shirt is a bad idea.  Kinda implies there every single person here is in it for the money, which isn't quite true.

BTC: 1BZMMREG6ctsJx7donADBis9jXxrGiR3iU
EAC: eWNxJUy3TMx6qvK4HR9WM6stNjaVtASJcX
JamesRussles

Activity: 150

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:22:16 AM

Toplel

SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:26:24 AM

If you make (good quality) t-shirts, you can sign me up.  But it has to be a good quality shirt, good cotton, soft to the touch.  Not something that feels like I just threw on burlap.

Edit:  I think the "We'll be millionaires in 2 years" shirt is a bad idea.  Kinda implies there every single person here is in it for the money, which isn't quite true.

+1
Shirts in white and black plz. Im in. Available in Germany?

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
lucoia

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:35:19 AM

LOL That. Sold.

For the EAC t-shirt I was thinking about a serious one, but I can add that line too, it's too classic.

Also, yeah, I'm from Italy, it's 12k with the .
nesco1805

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

you... big bastard 
WesandEAC

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

Hi everyone,

Let's clarify some things, mathematically, socially and enthusiastically!  You guys are incredible.  From android and iphone apps to t-shirts and pins to merchant adoption.  Simply incredible.

First, at $0.0025 in USD value, the creation of the money supply suggests that $35,000 USD are created each day.  Unless through your efforts, the proliferation of information and education regarding EarthCoin continue, the coin will continue to drop until it finds equilibrium where the USD value creation of the money supply equals the actual perception of the creation of value through your collective efforts.  This is the math behind any crypto-currency.  Adoption.  Reaching equilibrium is our first step and then building upon it.

Now many of you may not want to here the truth about how perception can trump reality but it is what it is.  I am also a realist and I do understand that the thought process and work required to create value is beyond many people.  It was quoted by a member that he has bought and stored his EarthCoins in hopes that someday they are valuable.  I commend that, good for him and hopefully with our work they will be.  But his work is also required as are all of your efforts.  It is an intangible effort, you can not feel it or smell it or touch it, it is simply bringing up EarthCoin at a dinner or at school or at the office and educating people around you.  Helping spread the dogma of the safety and security of crypto-currencies in general.  By waking people up.  Now the environment is littered with scammers but the underlying technology that forms the basis of the currency is indisputable!

So what we do know is that the sell side is plenty.  The buy side is growing but still much smaller than the sell side.  Even if you were have merchants adopt the coin, a  purchase for a good or service would have to be redeemable in USD or BTC to provide the merchant with his costs back.  This also adds to the sell side.

What needs to be accomplished is the widening of the demographic of the buy side.  Mechanisms and educations that provide for belief and trust in purchasing EarthCoins.  With a falling price and a short time horizon this can become difficult until such time prices rise but they are usually short lived.  80% of the life of a crypto-currency is spent during falling prices.  Even BTC.  Regard the last 4 years.  80% of the time the price falls and only 20% of the time the price rises it just rises much more percentage wise then it fell Wink  EAC will be no different.  

So what do we do with all this free time?!  That is easy, reach equilibrium through our collective efforts by creating things about EAC.  Grow the base, discover and create amongst ourselves a brand that unites us, talk to people, create tools that allow for EAC purchases and inspire confidence, but most of all educate.  Ask yourself what do I need to believe to be able to buy EAC's and provide that path to undertsnading to others.  It is that simple, there is no way to definitively measure your efforts, you just know that it has added to the community instinctively and that you were and are a part of something great!  Great job everyone and keep the creativity coming.  I will be working on a peice to exemplify more about what EAC has to offer and your thoughts are demanded! Wink  ttys
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: