Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:33:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381511 times)
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 04:36:51 AM

Where can we get some skycoin? I saw that it was open for "redemption" on some chinese website, but saw it was a ridiculous price for only a small supply of the total tokens available. Can you give more info on how to get SKY?

It is traded on Cryptopia and c2cx.

https://www.c2cx.com/trade_sky (c2cx).

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SKY_BTC (Cryptopia).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:48:37 AM

anyway the distribution model is not that good now.

The distribution is mathematically optimal. You cannot design a better distribution scheme than the Skycoin scheme. We enumerated all previous distribution schemes and chose the best one.

You are used to seeing pump and dump style distributions and that is what people are asking for and we will not do it. We are also not going to do some NXT style scam and pretend the coin was "distributed" in a way that the user base cannot complain, when in reality three people own 98% of the coins. The undistributed Skycoins are locked, for a reason and that is to prevent a reoccurance of the dumping that destroyed NXT.

We combined a publicly auditable distribution scheme with with a Bitcoin tapered distribution schedule, while eliminating the capital outflows from miners. We chose this distribution scheme, because mathematically it is the best possible that can exist.

Until someone proposes something superior to "I think they should do a massive coin drop on me and give me free coins", the "distribution" complaints are just divide and conquer, meaningless babble and foaming at the mouth.

The Skycoin distribution will follow the Bitcoin model of a constant number of coins over a time period, with tapering and halving over time, up to a fixed maximum value.

Distribution will take at least seven years. We are in a hurry and some of us have already been here four or five years. I think we will get to 70% distribution within ten years. Rushing distribution, only hurts the investors, so we are in no hurry to dump coins faster. If anything we will probably decrease the rate of releasing new blocks of coins.

This is to create  a slow, steady appreciation of the coin and reason for people to hold on to it. Instead of a massive Ethereum style pump and dump (which worked for Ethereum, but which is a very bad type of distribution style in general).

We think our distribution scheme is the best possible. No one has given any superior alternative, or even a proposal that would not drive down the price per coin. Skycoin's distribution scheme is designed to maximumize the price per coin over time and to avoid driving own the price per coin.

The Skycoin distribution schedule and philosophy is identical to Bitcoin's distribution rate, or how Facebook or Google stock was distributed. Google did not distribute 80% of its shares by doing a massive Ethereum style crowd sale, before any of the work was done. It sold off fixed, small slices of equity at each step at an increasing price. Then they dumped the money into development and increasing the value of the equity for all stakeholders by investing the money raised in infrastructure.

This is what makes sense for funding a large, long term project whose value is increasing. We are using this model, because it works.

If we can raise $1 and invest it in marketing, software development and hardware and produce a $100 increase in market cap, then we are doing well. If we are only producing $0.25 in value for every dollar spent, then we should stop raising money and cut distribution back. We do not want to crowd out our return rate.

maybe check the byteball distribution?

Is this a joke? I really hate how people praise byteball distribution. Ooooh lets give people free money based on how much money they already have, let's make the rich richer and help to consolidate wealth further!

In an ICO or crowdsale the rich can still buy more, obviously, since they have more money to invest- but that also requires they invest more which means they are taking on more risk. With an airdrop there is no risk, the rich are just handed more money than other people for no reason other than the fact they already have more money. They don't have to take on any proportional risk. It's an absolutely trash economic model that will never work.

digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:55:26 AM

With the distribution model that has been proposed here for skycoin who makes the money of coins when they are sold at various times???
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:43:41 AM

when the skynet release?
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:34:10 AM

maybe list skycoin at bittrex?

we need more exchanges.

running farm worldwide
skytaper

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:12:33 PM

maybe list skycoin at bittrex?

we need more exchanges.

No, we don't). We only need more established community and pr. But I don't insist, I just dream to buy some more skycoins below the ICO price)))
cryptomoon

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:31:09 PM

The distribution of this coin is really confusing, is it already possible to run a node and receive sky? What was average ICO price?
elelegzet

Activity: 749

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:54:44 PM

What was average ICO price?

The last ICO round was @0.0005 BTC

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
stormia

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

New wallet still doesn't work for me on windows 10. I've already unblocked it by my firewall, is there anything else I should try?

I have to open it twice for it to open at all, and then once it has opened it is just a blank white screen although the Skycoin and Edit tabs ate still present in the top left corner.
Naokia980

Activity: 182

★PlayAmo.com★

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 10:48:43 PM

New wallet still doesn't work for me on windows 10. I've already unblocked it by my firewall, is there anything else I should try?

Start the system with safe mode and share result with us. Maybe it can solve the problem.

elelegzet

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:54:42 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2017, 11:21:54 PM by elelegzet

Recent Skycoin client @ Windows 10 wasn't working for me either. GUI just doesn't show up. I'm using Linux version which runs smoothly  Cool.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
stormia

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:05:57 PM

Start the system with safe mode and share result with us. Maybe it can solve the problem.

Same thing happens, GUI won't load.
elelegzet

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:27:39 PM

It's never too late to install Ubuntu  Wink. Skycoin discourage its users to run Windows as long as Microsoft doesn't respect our privacy and self-sufficiency in decision-making  )

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
stormia

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:33:56 PM

It's never too late to install Ubuntu  Wink. Skycoin discourage its users to run Windows as long as Microsoft doesn't respect our privacy and self-sufficiency in decision-making  )

Yeah and unfortunately Microsoft will never change but if skycoin hopes to be widely adopted and taken seriously they should probably make a windows wallet that works.
digi123

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:13:40 AM

With the distribution model that has been proposed here for skycoin who makes the money of coins when they are sold at various times???

Seeing that knowone has as yet answered me I'll ask again. With the distribution model that has been proposed here for skycoin who makes the money of coins when they are sold at various times???
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:16:16 AM

Seeing that knowone has as yet answered me I'll ask again. With the distribution model that has been proposed here for skycoin who makes the money of coins when they are sold at various times???
Maybe nobody answering because the last few pages were full of lenghtly posts about distribution and nobody feels the need to reward your extreme laziness?
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 07:19:27 AM

Maybe nobody answering because the last few pages were full of lenghtly posts about distribution and nobody feels the need to reward your extreme laziness?

Distirbution is being discussed heavily, we have slack and telegram to discuss distribution models. You can see both on the website

https://skycoin.net

Please join and get involved with the discussion.

digi123

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:22:23 AM

Distirbution is being discussed heavily, we have slack and telegram to discuss distribution models. You can see both on the website

https://skycoin.net

Please join and get involved with the discussion.

Am I correct in understanding that the sale of future coins goes to "skycoin" from this thread and/or developers. I have been following this thread and it just seems obvious that whoever controls those coins receives the cash when they are sold off.
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 03:29:24 PM

skycoin needs a release timeline I agree, skycoin people could say we are releasing 1 btc a week to the market at a market price set and a goal of 52 btc in the 1st year  and 2btc a week in the second year and so on.... a release schedule would be smart for all stake holders

They could also have a burn schedule if the marketcap reaches below a certain point, they could say if the coin reaches five million dollar cap we will burn a btc worth from the 100million..

instead the have ninja releases which does not give the market confidence too take it too 100 million dollars .. coders are often lazy traders and think the bots can do all the work..
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

skycoin needs a release timeline I agree, skycoin people could say we are releasing 1 btc a week to the market at a market price set and a goal of 52 btc in the 1st year  and 2btc a week in the second year and so on.... a release schedule would be smart for all stake holders

They could also have a burn schedule if the marketcap reaches below a certain point, they could say if the coin reaches five million dollar cap we will burn a btc worth from the 100million..

instead the have ninja releases which does not give the market confidence too take it too 100 million dollars .. coders are often lazy traders and think the bots can do all the work..

Hmmm. I would totally support this approach

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: