Its down again. I'm new to bitstamp exchange, could someone provide an explanation of how to remove your order, when its doesn't appear on top list of orders any more? The UI is so simplified, that there's not much you can do with it.
Also, I have $500 missing from bitinstant transfer, and judging from other people having same issues, I could be looking at a week or two of waiting...
I did a bitinstant, cupon code from gox to bitstamp an hour ago, it worked ok.
However, there's a few complaines of mine, and these things pretty much made me - eh - not so happy.. but I'll try to put it politely.
1. The Bitstamp site is not able to keep up with the traffic, or is ddos'ed. This needs to be rectified.
2. It says on the site when you withdraw bitcoins that larger amounts will have to be accepted manually, and can take up to 24 hours. Since it doesn't say exactly what a 'larger amount' is, we have absolutely no idea about what constitues a 'larger amount'. Is this 2 bitcoins, 10 bitcoins or 50 bitcoins ? We have no idea. Please fix this.
3. I have two bitcoin withdrawals 'waiting to be processed', and they've been stuck in that state for at least about 10 minutes. MtGox on the other hand gives me a reference number immediately, and you even have the option to pay an extra fee to have the transaction prioritized, could Bitstamp also do this ? And please do not have us wait a long time for trivial amounts of bitcoins to be transferred. Well, it's a question of definition about what's a 'large amount' or not, but for example, I personally would not consider withdrawals under 10 BTC for 'large amounts'. Please, please fix this! For example, if the Bitstamp account is used to pay a bitcoin merchant, not being able to process the transaction quickly is really a dealbreaker. If you have a periodical cronjob of sorts handling this, then please let us know when it's run. If it's all done manually, that's a solution that's not acceptable. Please mend this.
4. When making an order, could you please put an option in settings to remove the 'simple order' feature from displaying for advanced users ? We do not want to deal with that stuff.
5. I understand that this may boil down to personal preference, but I would see nothing wrong with you changing "TOP 7 SELLERS and TOP 7 BUYERS" into 'Bids' and 'Asks'. That seems to work for all exchanges.
There are a lot of great things with your exchange, but I think these things needs to be fixed. Thanks.