Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 11:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276313 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:06:10 PM

He used computing resources which did not belong to him, but were entrusted to his care, to sabotage another project.

If that's true, I'll be moving my miners off Eligius and recommend same to every other miner I know. Care to back quoted claim with some data?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56675.msg678006#msg678006

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:38:46 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 06:35:05 AM by xnova

[–]mike_hearn 2 points 13 minutes ago
Well, be fair - lots of projects have promised the moon in this regard (e.g. Mastercoin) and then not delivered. Counterparty has actual code and specs, which is great, but when I poked around yesterday the only GUI I found is perhaps better described as a command line in a window. I question whether this can be described as a "functioning distributed exchange".

shocking really, I expected better.

A command line in a window, behave yourself.

To be fair he continued by saying:

".................So though I haven't weighed in on the Counterparty thread, people who take a relatively unknown project and claim Bitcoin will die without their amazing hack that works in a totally different way to how I am expecting it to work, start out with slightly negative credibility in my view. Certainly I'm willing (happy!) to be proven wrong though!

I highly suggest that one of the devs respond to him directly via PM or at the thread and show him otherwise. we need these key guys to see the entire pic.

+1

We're in the process of doing so. The keep Bitcoin relevant quote by Phantom was very much taken out of context. Here's what the reporter wrote:

Is it really the core developers’ job to make it possible for others to build extra services on top of the block chain? It had better, if it wants to stay relevant, says ‘PhantomPhreak’, a core developer for Counterparty.

Here's what Phantom actually stated to the reporter:

Yes, the emergence of cryptocurrencies and payment networks that are
built on top of existing blockchains, and on other protocols for
distributed-consensus, is a major trend in information technology. The
benefits both for the 'metacoins' and the underlying networks is huge:
Counterparty can leave the trusted-timestamping, proof-of-publication,
peer discovery, and anti-DOS measures entirely in a transport layer;
Bitcoin can be very conservative with the kinds of functionality that it
directly supports, while still rapidly acquiring the new features that
it needs to stay relevant and useful.

It's in Bitcoin's best interest that its developers do what they can to
encourage the building of interesting and useful technologies on top of
Bitcoin. However, the blockchain is robust structure, and passivity on
their part is unlikely ever to become a real problem as a direct result
of such innovation.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:41:27 PM

Phantom actually stated to the reporter:

Yes, the emergence of cryptocurrencies and payment networks that are
built on top of existing blockchains, and on other protocols for
distributed-consensus, is a major trend in information technology. The
benefits both for the 'metacoins' and the underlying networks is huge:
Counterparty can leave the trusted-timestamping, proof-of-publication,
peer discovery, and anti-DOS measures entirely in a transport layer;
Bitcoin can be very conservative with the kinds of functionality that it
directly supports, while still rapidly acquiring the new features that
it needs to stay relevant and useful.

It's in Bitcoin's best interest that its developers do what they can to
encourage the building of interesting and useful technologies on top of
Bitcoin. However, the blockchain is robust structure, and passivity on
their part is unlikely ever to become a real problem as a direct result
of such innovation.

How you get the former from the latter is beyond me, but then again I am not a reporter.

So.., How about that Boycot the Wall Street Journal Theme that was running on Reddit?
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:45:28 PM

[–]mike_hearn 2 points 13 minutes ago
Well, be fair - lots of projects have promised the moon in this regard (e.g. Mastercoin) and then not delivered. Counterparty has actual code and specs, which is great, but when I poked around yesterday the only GUI I found is perhaps better described as a command line in a window. I question whether this can be described as a "functioning distributed exchange".

shocking really, I expected better.

A command line in a window, behave yourself.

To be fair he continued by saying:

".................So though I haven't weighed in on the Counterparty thread, people who take a relatively unknown project and claim Bitcoin will die without their amazing hack that works in a totally different way to how I am expecting it to work, start out with slightly negative credibility in my view. Certainly I'm willing (happy!) to be proven wrong though!

I highly suggest that one of the devs respond to him directly via PM or at the thread and show him otherwise. we need these key guys to see the entire pic.

+1

I'm PMing him.
jmtoocool

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

hi !

before excuse my english... i m french !

during XCP ipo, i proof of burn 4 times btc in XCP on the same address but never above 1 btc in tot.

today, i import my XCP on boottle xcp great but just the first transaction of four appaear in boottle xcp... Cry

how can i credit the others transactions ?

Thks for your help.

JMTOOCOOL

have you checked your address with the http://blockscan.com ?

Yes, on blockscan.com, my 4 transactions appear on my btc address. The XCP sum of four transactions are correctly.

And you still get total balance in bottle xcp?

my total balance in bottle xcp is just about my first transaction, not the third others

Use the command line tool and not the Bootle XCP. Can you see the 4 transactions. (were the total of all 4 transactions < 1 BTC).

If you got the Windows build of boottle, You can skip installing the Daemon from scratch by just holding down SHIFT while clicking on the icon.  Then you can type counterpartyd -h to see the available commands

Yes i can see my 4 transactions with command line.

Since today, i ve got 2 /4 transactions on boottle xcp ! Smiley so now i think i'm waiting for complete value.

THANKS EVERYBOBY FOR YOUR HELP !  Wink
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1162

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

Counterparty will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Bitcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

1Axhey1zwGowApExUZdFLpQFibP5tcS7vV

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:08:58 PM

He used computing resources which did not belong to him, but were entrusted to his care, to sabotage another project.

If that's true, I'll be moving my miners off Eligius and recommend same to every other miner I know. Care to back quoted claim with some data?

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56675.40 :

CoiledCoin now closed. Have a nice day.

And his planned attack on Devoin, from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56830.msg678004#msg678004 :

I don't particularly have any incentive to respond to the scammers that I foiled, given the significant cost (in time) to do so. Nor do I have any financial loss or care particularly if people want to stop mining on Eligius because they were in on the scam (or any other reason). I will clarify that Eligius miners were not adversely impacted by this, and that the CLC mining involved only adding data that I hashed myself to my own transactions; and I was careful to ensure that nobody lost any confirmed CLC. If any Eligius miner wishes to inquire further, I will take the time to answer specific to-the-point questions which are signmessage'd with an active (ie, has mined in the past week) Eligius payout address that has earned at least 2000 TBC (5.36870912 BTC) over all time.

Eligius is a Bitcoin mining pool and I am, as always, committed to doing my best to contribute to and protect the Bitcoin ecosystem. Pyramid schemes built upon forks of the Bitcoin software ultimately discredit and harm Bitcoin's reputation. I hope CoiledCoin will be the last of such scams now that it is clear there are people (not just myself) willing to stand up to them. Namecoin alone demonstrates a legitimate, innovative use of Bitcoin technology, and while I don't personally agree with their ideals/goals, I see it as a good thing for Bitcoin and worth cooperating with.

cablepair, regarding Devcoin, I don't see any reason to treat it as different from any other scamcoin. I will at least discuss it with you on IRC before doing anything other than mining it with the almost-unmodified (zero txn fee, zero post-maturity delay) Devcoin client.

P.S. While the opposition seem to be very venemous and vocal, I have gotten a lot more positive support from a head-count perspective.

Luke-jr is by far the most malignant personality I have come across in the Bitcoin ecosystem. The fact that other high ranking developers tolerate and even condone this behavior has caused me to question the integrity of the Bitcoin project itself. I don't want these kind of people anywhere near any investment of mine. I will continue to use BTC as a gateway to other crypto assets, but will not be storing significant value in it. I would rather see Mastercoin and Counterparty migrate to other blockchains.
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:36:18 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 06:50:09 PM by flatfly

Hi,

it was high time for an updated build of BoottleXCP so there you go Smiley

https://github.com/JahPowerBit/BoottleXCP_binaries/releases/tag/0011_beta

Now supports the new 0.5 XCP fee for asset issuance as well as other bugfixes
(see git commits for detailed list - hopefully I will soon have enough time to start
maintaining a more user-friendly changelog).

Embedded counterpartyd is version 6.8.

Build instructions have also been updated, though they still need a little more work:
 https://github.com/JahPowerBit/BoottleXCP_binaries/blob/master/windows_build_instructions.txt

Signature for the executable:

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (MingW32)

iEYEABECAAYFAlMxyKoACgkQ0dQqIfkZdf6DfgCgoFvrZ3jF4KG/LEzMrnRat8PE
r4IAn3pviJQhys9W8JIvNBF1z755MqyO
=HB6m
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Sgt.Hartman

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:44:27 PM

Hey I need some advice from the experts regarding the XCP pricing...

Is a good time to buy now, or will price drop any further? Wait some more weeks and hope price goes down?
Ive read a new wallet is coming soon. But I suppose thats already priced in. Nevertheless that looks like good news. Is there any further improvements in short term coming?

halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Hey I need some advice from the experts regarding the XCP pricing...

Is a good time to buy now, or will price drop any further? Wait some more weeks and hope price goes down?
Ive read a new wallet is coming soon. But I suppose thats already priced in. Nevertheless that looks like good news. Is there any further improvements in short term coming?

To put it bluntly, the price may in fact plummet immediately following mainnet on Counterwallet, after that my educated guess is a gradual uptrend with some upward spike occurring at some point. Once my video comes out sometime at the end of this week that may also spike the price Wink

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
Sgt.Hartman

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:16:04 PM

Hmm sounds conclusive... Maybe Ill wait a bit b4 buy  Roll Eyes
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:19:01 PM

I would also try to get in somewhat before mid/end of april, maybe now maybe shortly after the webwallet was released. anyway I think there was quite a ton of redistribution already in place, does anyone know how many xcp have already been moved? last time I checked blockscan I was guessing that already half of all xcp have been moved
halfcab123

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:23:06 PM

I would also try to get in somewhat before mid/end of april, maybe now maybe shortly after the webwallet was released. anyway I think there was quite a ton of redistribution already in place, does anyone know how many xcp have already been moved? last time I checked blockscan I was guessing that already half of all xcp have been moved

Seems a lot of folks have waited because they don't want to risk the technical process of setting up counterpartyd ... that was the case for me, however I decided I couldn't risk my ability to hedge and move things around so I just went for it.

I'll put it out there again if anyone needs help let me know. If your looking to sell and can't let's get your xcp sold asap, to let the web wallet launch price as it should, else if you can wait then wait because the web wallet is going to impress investors.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:33:38 PM

No one really knows what will happen to the price post counterwallet. If anything my guess is an increase not a decline. While it is true that many held on to the original burn, I dont see all of them selling ( I am not) + I invested X3 more since the burn after getting even more acquainted with the project as well as with the professionalism of the devs. Many of those that did get in ONLY for speculative reasons already moved coins.

Lastly, I believe that the recent mini drop is a direct result of what is perceived by some as a higher risk due to the uncertainty with the BTc core devs, which is not true and will be resolved one way or another. 
halfcab123

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:36:23 PM

Also just wanted to put it out there, I'm starting a counterparty youtube channel Smiley should be in full swing in the next couple of weeks

samperi649

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:38:27 PM

No one really knows what will happen to the price post counterwallet. If anything my guess is an increase not a decline. While it is true that many held on to the original burn, I dont see all of them selling ( I am not) + I invested X3 more since the burn after getting even more acquainted with the project as well as with the professionalism of the devs. Many of those that did get in ONLY for speculative reasons already moved coins.

Lastly, I believe that the recent mini drop is a direct result of what is perceived by some as a higher risk due to the uncertainty with the BTc core devs, which is not true and will be resolved one way or another. 

Also, those who fear the price will drop when counterwallet is on mainnet, have already dumped/dumping XCPs. Not many would be lazy to set up counterpartyd/bottle xcp when they fear price will crash.
halfcab123

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:40:11 PM

Also, those who fear the price will drop when counterwallet is on mainnet, have already dumped/dumping XCPs. Not many would be lazy to set up counterpartyd/bottle xcp when they fear price will crash.

Well my argument would be there's probably a solid pocket of technically inferior investors who are awaiting the web wallet to finally dump, but if the demand is high enough it won't even matter which is most likely the case long term anyways

samperi649

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

Well my argument would be there's probably a solid pocket of technically inferior investors who are awaiting the web wallet to finally dump, but if the demand is high enough it won't even matter which is most likely the case long term anyways

Hope your videos reverse the direction of price movement  Cheesy
halfcab123

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:48:15 PM

Hope your videos reverse the direction of price movement  Cheesy

I'm very confident of the positive effect these videos will have

td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:50:07 PM

Seems to me any sell-off from the wallet launch is priced in already. I expect an uptrend soon after launch. I'm looking forward to consolidating my holdings to one address. I have no interest in selling since I'm building a diversified portfolio of next gen assets. I am interested in using XCP to operate a hedge fund where investors can hold specific assets, sectors or the whole fund.
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: