Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:16:29 PM

Again, congrats. on today's big move towards adaption. I believe that we need to pickup marketing after a period of debugging.

In order to pickup marketing and in order for all of us to "spread the word", and attract XCP investment as well as CP platform usage I believe that we need to have the best clarity, on details beyond the obvious value that a decentralized platform provides.

-----------------------------------------

Thus, Back to "business model"questions:

I read the LTB coin plan with great interest and I can indeed see a great potential in what they are trying to do there.

I will use this as an example to ask several questions to our devs, Matt or any other visionaries here that would like to answer:

Since LTB coin (and any other such future asset) will be built off the CP platform and is an asset:

1) there will be 510M coins and promotions etc etc. how many actual assets will be issued that will require 0.5xcps? (one time and done? every promotion?)

2) I can see that the LTB vision, as well as the B TangibleAssets vision, as well as all other assets in the future, can create great value to their shareholders. However,

a) what drives XCP's value in real economic terms? what drives CP's value?
b) can we actually have LTB's with a market cap of say 50M and CP with 10M? I believe that it is possible. so how will we generate value to our XCPs when we dont have shares in CP (XCPs ARE our shares).

3) Will all transaction fees incurred from various activities around CP actually go to BTC miners? or are there DEX fees that will stay within the CP eco-system (hence realizing that it is a vertical system within the BTC ecosystem as we tried to display to the BTC devs)

Thanks for thoughtful orderly answers.

not belonging to the xcp team - I think that are very useful questions.

I try to answer question 2 - please correct me if I am wrong

2a) I think this question was also relevant regarding mastercoin. Whereas everyone can see the value of the protocol (mastercoin, counterparty) it is hard to understand the value of the underlying currencies (msc, xcp). As fas as I know xcps value now is mostly derived from speculation, paying dividens and being simply the native currency of the counterparty protocol. In the future this will probably change because xcp will be useful for specific cases. It will be used for betting and derivatives, because some functions of xcp are different to the functions of btc, enabling these specific types of transactions. I talked to xnova yesterday in the chat and he told me that they will implement betting function in the counterparty wallet within the next month. Furthermore there is a huge interest in implementing a kind of a prediction market, enabling more complex financial transaction. I highly ecpect that XCPs will be used for these more complex transactions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2b) I also see no reason for that not being possible, this probably changes if the metacurrencies would be backed by xcps. A second more likely case is that the demand for the expected specific functions of xcp will be higher than the function or profitability of these specific assets
HaixiongYang

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:25:24 PM

Code:
C:\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server

C:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 19, in
 <module>
    from lib import (config, api, util, exceptions, bitcoin, blocks)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\api.py", line 18, in <modu
le>
    from . import (config, bitcoin, exceptions, util)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 21, in <
module>
    from Crypto.Cipher import ARC4
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher

Huh

End your counterpartyd server and download (and install) this

]pycrypto-2.6 (32-bit)

-- or --

]pycrypto-2.6 (64-bit)

And then you can start your daemon again (counterpartyd server) it will quickly rebuild the database and you should be ready to go.

Note: My tutorial has been updated to include this download/install

Thank you!

Code:
yangs-MacBook-Pro:BoottleXCP yanghaixiong$ python3 boottlexcp.py
  File "boottlexcp.py", line 7, in <module>
    from helpers import set_options, check_config
  File "/Users/yanghaixiong/BoottleXCP/helpers.py", line 7, in <module>
    import apsw
ImportError: No module named 'apsw'

Huh
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

Can't seem to import my private key when I go to export unencrypted on blockchain.info I get a little box with code in it (I'm sure my private keys in their somewhere!!) Tried copying everything that looks like a key but get this message everytime!

Not a valid private key.
Enter the unencrypted private key that cooresponds to the address with the funds you want to move.

Chang check my youtube how-to http://youtu.be/Gj11Lmc7GMU

1. make sure the unencrypted format is Bitcoin-QT
2. copy private key :"priv":"..............................."
      -copy everything where the ... are

You're a legend halfcab Smiley
So where do mastercoins come from?  How are they made and why can't unlimited be made. I don't understand how you get mastercoins if you can't mine them. For me Mastercoin looks like another ripple with unfair distribution and no mining.

I think I like the philosophy behind Counterparty better than mastercoin. So my personal choice would be Counterparty.

- Now I am just looking to have technical questions answered. What are the differences between the technical protocols of Mastercoin vs. Counterparty.
- What are the confirm times of blocks on both of these coins?
- How many coins will there ever be on both of the coins?
- What algorithm do they use that is comparable to mining?
- What features does one offer that the other can't offer?

The best person to answer these questions is probably Bellebite2014

I've just bought my first XCP today. and now, wtf can i do with them?

Bellebite is the best person to answer your question

If we could get, just even 1 greedy guinea pig less posting here, then, this is totally founded.

You either support your investment, like you are doing, or you should just keep quiet. Having his ass between 2 chairs is just a terrible situation, we don't need to know in this thread about the greedy guinea pigs' dilemma and / or lacusek of grey cells.

If you're going to troll you should at least do it in such a way that people don't know who you are - and if they don't already, I for one, have few qualms about making it known.

Who is he? she?

Oh I get it, so you actually think I'm bellebite. It really ticks me off that you would accuse me of that honestly. Draw all the attention you want, I have ONE account on Bitcointalk; please don't be ridiculous. I have a vested interest in my reputation with this community and no one has ever accused me of using alt accounts. YOU SIR, owe me an apology, ASAP.

halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:34:07 PM

Can't seem to import my private key when I go to export unencrypted on blockchain.info I get a little box with code in it (I'm sure my private keys in their somewhere!!) Tried copying everything that looks like a key but get this message everytime!

Not a valid private key.
Enter the unencrypted private key that cooresponds to the address with the funds you want to move.

Chang check my youtube how-to http://youtu.be/Gj11Lmc7GMU

1. make sure the unencrypted format is Bitcoin-QT
2. copy private key :"priv":"..............................."
      -copy everything where the ... are

You're a legend halfcab Smiley
So where do mastercoins come from?  How are they made and why can't unlimited be made. I don't understand how you get mastercoins if you can't mine them. For me Mastercoin looks like another ripple with unfair distribution and no mining.

I think I like the philosophy behind Counterparty better than mastercoin. So my personal choice would be Counterparty.

- Now I am just looking to have technical questions answered. What are the differences between the technical protocols of Mastercoin vs. Counterparty.
- What are the confirm times of blocks on both of these coins?
- How many coins will there ever be on both of the coins?
- What algorithm do they use that is comparable to mining?
- What features does one offer that the other can't offer?

The best person to answer these questions is probably Bellebite2014

I've just bought my first XCP today. and now, wtf can i do with them?

Bellebite is the best person to answer your question

If we could get, just even 1 greedy guinea pig less posting here, then, this is totally founded.

You either support your investment, like you are doing, or you should just keep quiet. Having his ass between 2 chairs is just a terrible situation, we don't need to know in this thread about the greedy guinea pigs' dilemma and / or lacusek of grey cells.

If you're going to troll you should at least do it in such a way that people don't know who you are - and if they don't already, I for one, have few qualms about making it known.

Who is he? she?

Oh I get it, so you actually think I'm bellebite. It really ticks me off that you would accuse me of that honestly. Draw all the attention you want, I have ONE account on Bitcointalk; please don't be ridiculous. I have a vested interest in my reputation with this community and no one has ever accused me of using alt accounts. YOU SIR, owe me an apology, ASAP.

What's the point of this ? I still don't understand how anyone could link me and Bellebite makes no sense .... and when you find out you are wrong you are just going to feel bad/not smart, so best to quit while your ahead, because it's making me mad.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:36:36 PM

How to Import XCP into Counterwallet.co (Short Version) http://youtu.be/P33jqIjg67E

Here's an updated / shorter and to the point video tutorial for importing XCP.

If you prefer the more in depth instructional with tons of asides and explanations check my signature.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:38:29 PM

halfcab wrote: "What's the point of this ? I still don't understand how anyone could link me and Bellebite makes no sense .... and when you find out you are wrong you are just going to feel bad/not smart, so best to quit while your ahead, because it's making me mad".

----------------

Just disregard or press your ignore button like i did a long time ago with the real bellebite. this is going up places with or without bellebite and friends. just ignore and stick to what you do which is great.
porqupine

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:38:59 PM

Well apparently Bellebite trolls everyone on this thread but he thinks YOU Halfcab are a legend. That makes sense. Also spreading FUD during the discussion with the developers on here, while offering to buy large amounts of XCP on the counterparty.co forums for (33% less than market rate).
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

Well apparently Bellebite trolls everyone on this thread but he thinks YOU Halfcab are a legend. That makes sense. Also spreading FUD during the discussion with the developers on here, while offering to buy large amounts of XCP on the counterparty.co forums for (33% less than market rate).

Ok but you're wrong. So stop.  Chang said I was a legend, you are seeing things. So irritating just drop it.

porqupine

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:41:25 PM

Ok but you're wrong. So stop.
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:42:28 PM

Ok but you're wrong. So stop.

Do you see you are wrong yet ? When do I get my apology ? Better be a good one.

porqupine

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:43:38 PM

Hold on let me make an Alt to quote myself, be back in 5.
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:44:56 PM

This is what immature people do, they keep going when they know they are mistaken. Chang said I was a legend, you are crashing and burning.

freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:46:45 PM

This is what immature people do, they keep going when they know they are mistaken. Chang said I was a legend, you are crashing and burning.

Halfcab: again

Just disregard or press your ignore button like i did a long time ago with the real bellebite. this is going up places with or without bellebite and friends. just ignore and stick to what you do which is great.
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

Halfcab: again

I took your advice, I understand the frustration with not being able to stop a known spammer/flamer. However just picking a scapegoat on a whim, the level of irritation is .... sigh... anyways.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:03:24 PM

Only Bellabite is troll enough to accuse everyone of being Bellabite, Bellabite!!  Wink
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:08:50 PM

Only Bellabite is troll enough to accuse everyone of being Bellabite, Bellabite!!  Wink

You know I didn't even think about that but see, porcupine came off to me early on as a bright individual with a lot of constructive things to say, which made it much more difficult to deal with the accusation... If anyone knows of anyway to at least provide decent evidence let me know.....

halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Code:
C:\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server

C:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 19, in
 <module>
    from lib import (config, api, util, exceptions, bitcoin, blocks)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\api.py", line 18, in <modu
le>
    from . import (config, bitcoin, exceptions, util)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py", line 21, in <
module>
    from Crypto.Cipher import ARC4
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher

Huh

End your counterpartyd server and download (and install) this

]pycrypto-2.6 (32-bit)

-- or --

]pycrypto-2.6 (64-bit)

And then you can start your daemon again (counterpartyd server) it will quickly rebuild the database and you should be ready to go.

Note: My tutorial has been updated to include this download/install

Thank you!

Code:
yangs-MacBook-Pro:BoottleXCP yanghaixiong$ python3 boottlexcp.py
  File "boottlexcp.py", line 7, in <module>
    from helpers import set_options, check_config
  File "/Users/yanghaixiong/BoottleXCP/helpers.py", line 7, in <module>
    import apsw
ImportError: No module named 'apsw'

Huh

Looks like you need to get osx Python dependencies per manual instalation instructions

Python 3 packages: apsw, requests, appdirs, prettytable, python-dateutil, json-rpc, cherrypy, pycoin, pyzmq(v2.2+) (see this link

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:51:27 PM

Only Bellabite is troll enough to accuse everyone of being Bellabite, Bellabite!!  Wink

You know I didn't even think about that but see, porcupine came off to me early on as a bright individual with a lot of constructive things to say, which made it much more difficult to deal with the accusation... If anyone knows of anyway to at least provide decent evidence let me know.....

I would have accused me of being the other person who said "ask bellabite", or accused me of being bellabite as I'm also a bit of a sarcastic w**ker!! I don't really understand how you came into it you're one of the helpful people!

Edit: in fact I wouldn't have accused me as I stopped smoking marujana as a teenager and don't suffer from paranoid thoughts about who's, who behind a computer alias.
shadypepe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:54:49 PM

absolutely gorgeous web wallet, but is there also a way to simply import a private key and don't sweep?

CZd9oh4FWe4f1TB69YyedxnuGyHt21zEPu
halfcab123

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:57:36 PM

absolutely gorgeous web wallet, but is there also a way to simply import a private key and don't sweep?

That is not possible. May I ask why you'd prefer that method ?

Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: