Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:28:28 PM

So from the posts I read from you on the topic of speculation in recent posts.  The short term expectations is pretty much unknown but it is a good buy time, correct?

That is my opinion as well.

I am buying small amounts almost every workday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:36:30 PM

I've bought a lot in the last month.  Managed to catch a $400, $375 and $350.  Now I just need it to go up before summer vacation since it's our vacation money.  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

Managed to catch.... $350

Wow. Was it there for a couple of min or even less? My best was ~$364  Smiley
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:45:29 PM

It was there for like 10 minutes
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:47:26 PM

It was there for like 10 minutes

I got a buy at slightly above 350. Good times Cheesy
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:56:12 PM

I've bought a lot in the last month.  Managed to catch a $400, $375 and $350.  Now I just need it to go up before summer vacation since it's our vacation money.  Wink

I love you two. I believe in bitcoin. I admire your balls and resolve. However, sometimes, I do think you have been at the crack pipe Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:08:46 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:24:37 PM by BitChick

I've bought a lot in the last month.  Managed to catch a $400, $375 and $350.  Now I just need it to go up before summer vacation since it's our vacation money.  Wink

I love you two. I believe in bitcoin. I admire your balls and resolve. However, sometimes, I do think you have been at the crack pipe Wink

The funny thing is we are super conservative in most things.  Never gamble, don't even drink and I don't think I have ever even seen a "crack pipe" and as far as investing in anything, I am super cheap. (BitchicksHusband is not as cheap and likes nice vacations as well as "quality" over quantity)  That said, I think taking this much risk in Bitcoin would seem out of our character from an outsider's point of view.  It is just that we believe in it that much.  Part of "faith" is being certain of things you hope for.  We are actually fairly certain at this point that Bitcoin will at least have another rally, or two or three.  I think we really feel like there is little risk vs. reward here. Wink And if the worst thing that happens with buying more coin this past month is that the kids miss out on a Summer trip to Disney World, oh well.  It is hot and humid in the Summer there anyways!   Cheesy

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:51:02 PM

I've bought a lot in the last month.  Managed to catch a $400, $375 and $350.  Now I just need it to go up before summer vacation since it's our vacation money.  Wink

The funny thing is we are super conservative in most things.  Never gamble, don't even drink and I don't think I have ever even seen a "crack pipe" and as far as investing in anything, I am super cheap. (BitchicksHusband is not as cheap and likes nice vacations as well as "quality" over quantity)  That said, I think taking this much risk in Bitcoin would seem out of our character from an outsider's point of view.  It is just that we believe in it that much.  Part of "faith" is being certain of things you hope for.  We are actually fairly certain at this point that Bitcoin will at least have another rally, or two or three.  I think we really feel like there is little risk vs. reward here. Wink And if the worst thing that happens with buying more coin this past month is that the kids miss out on a Summer trip to Disney World, oh well.  It is hot and humid in the Summer there anyways!   Cheesy

I agree that its fairly certain that holding BTC for the long term is savvy move. The rewards will take car of themselves. The risk however I think is something you have to actively manage. I agree no holiday to Disneyland is not a bad thing, even though I'm probably more like your husband as I like a nice thing or two (I stick to the small luxuries though, nice food & drink etc). Over time I've come to see value in ensuring I don't (year again) end up in financial ruin - even if that means sacrificing a percentage of potential future returns.

I say all this with the warmest of hearts, purely from a place of concern for my fellow man (and chick). I'd hate to see that one in a million failure scenario wipe *anyone* out least of all you guys.

Who knows 10 years time we might all meet up in Risto's castle, I'll bring my bitchick and chicklets, and laugh at how I ever doubted it Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

I agree that its fairly certain that holding BTC for the long term is savvy move. The rewards will take car of themselves. The risk however I think is something you have to actively manage. I agree no holiday to Disneyland is not a bad thing, even though I'm probably more like your husband as I like a nice thing or two (I stick to the small luxuries though, nice food & drink etc). Over time I've come to see value in ensuring I don't (year again) end up in financial ruin - even if that means sacrificing a percentage of potential future returns.

I say all this with the warmest of hearts, purely from a place of concern for my fellow man (and chick). I'd hate to see that one in a million failure scenario wipe *anyone* out least of all you guys.

Who knows 10 years time we might all meet up in Risto's castle, I'll bring my bitchick and chicklets, and laugh at how I ever doubted it Wink

The only thing our investments will wipe out at this point is BitchicksHusband's early retirement plan, our trip to Disney World, and extra funds for my mission trip to India in the fall.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything really crazy.  Wink  Pretty much life will be as boring as usual if Bitcoin fails.   Cheesy

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:25:20 PM

The only thing our investments will wipe out at this point is BitchicksHusband's early retirement plan, our trip to Disney World, and extra funds for my mission trip to India in the fall.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything really crazy.  Wink  Pretty much life will be as boring as usual if Bitcoin fails.   Cheesy

Thats reassuring Smiley good advice to anyone else reading...

I'm in a similar boat - by design - BTC @ zero wouldnt hurt me really (apart from emotionally!). I'm just lucky that I have ended up with a fair amount dollar wise invested in BTC already. Feels a bit like I'm cheating as I already broke even (and some).

Even though selling up and moving on would give me a nice chunk of cash, its cash I never had so I wouldn't miss it. It's better off sat there. All the while I just continue to work (not too had hard mind), save and see if I can make it the old fashioned way Smiley

JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:16:36 PM

The funny thing is we are super conservative in most things.  Never gamble, don't even drink and I don't think I have ever even seen a "crack pipe" and as far as investing in anything, I am super cheap. (BitchicksHusband is not as cheap and likes nice vacations as well as "quality" over quantity)  That said, I think taking this much risk in Bitcoin would seem out of our character from an outsider's point of view.  It is just that we believe in it that much.  Part of "faith" is being certain of things you hope for.  We are actually fairly certain at this point that Bitcoin will at least have another rally, or two or three.  I think we really feel like there is little risk vs. reward here. Wink And if the worst thing that happens with buying more coin this past month is that the kids miss out on a Summer trip to Disney World, oh well.  It is hot and humid in the Summer there anyways!   Cheesy

The only thing our investments will wipe out at this point is BitchicksHusband's early retirement plan, our trip to Disney World, and extra funds for my mission trip to India in the fall.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything really crazy.  Wink  Pretty much life will be as boring as usual if Bitcoin fails.   Cheesy

I'm in a similar boat - by design - BTC @ zero wouldnt hurt me really (apart from emotionally!). I'm just lucky that I have ended up with a fair amount dollar wise invested in BTC already. Feels a bit like I'm cheating as I already broke even (and some).

Even though selling up and moving on would give me a nice chunk of cash, its cash I never had so I wouldn't miss it. It's better off sat there. All the while I just continue to work (not too had hard mind), save and see if I can make it the old fashioned way Smiley

I only ever purchased 10 BTC back last July/Aug when it was $100 and then made a sweet profit last Nov..  All the rest of my BTC I get from mining.. Smiley  I don't buy no stinking BTC    Grin  If it went down to $100 I would probably then buy 10 more..
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

The funny thing is we are super conservative in most things.  Never gamble, don't even drink and I don't think I have ever even seen a "crack pipe" and as far as investing in anything, I am super cheap. (BitchicksHusband is not as cheap and likes nice vacations as well as "quality" over quantity)  That said, I think taking this much risk in Bitcoin would seem out of our character from an outsider's point of view.  It is just that we believe in it that much.  Part of "faith" is being certain of things you hope for.  We are actually fairly certain at this point that Bitcoin will at least have another rally, or two or three.  I think we really feel like there is little risk vs. reward here. Wink And if the worst thing that happens with buying more coin this past month is that the kids miss out on a Summer trip to Disney World, oh well.  It is hot and humid in the Summer there anyways!   Cheesy

The only thing our investments will wipe out at this point is BitchicksHusband's early retirement plan, our trip to Disney World, and extra funds for my mission trip to India in the fall.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything really crazy.  Wink  Pretty much life will be as boring as usual if Bitcoin fails.   Cheesy

I only ever purchased 10 BTC back last July/Aug when it was $100 and then made a sweet profit last Nov..  All the rest of my BTC I get from mining.. Smiley  I don't buy no stinking BTC    Grin  If it went down to $100 I would probably then buy 10 more..

Electricity is so expensive where we living it is more profitable just to buy. 

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:33:03 PM

I'm very happy for all of you that were able to buy at the $350 range but at same time I must admit I'm a little jealous!   Grin
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:43:31 PM

I'm very happy for all of you that were able to buy at the $350 range but at same time I must admit I'm a little jealous!   Grin

There's a good change we'll hit it again. I'm not sure what Risto's thoughts on that are, but analysis of this giant wedge we're in on the one day charts would indicate we could reach that low in the next few weeks before breaking out. I don't think it will go any lower than that though.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:53:04 PM

There's a good change we'll hit it again. I'm not sure what Risto's thoughts on that are, but analysis of this giant wedge we're in on the one day charts would indicate we could reach that low in the next few weeks before breaking out. I don't think it will go any lower than that though.

Do you think that the April low at $338 was the bottom for this bubble?
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

My guess is yes, but I'm no TA expert (if such a thing exists). I feel like we'll break $400 again sometime this month, but hopefully $338 holds.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

My guess is yes, but I'm no TA expert (if such a thing exists). I feel like we'll break $400 again sometime this month, but hopefully $338 holds.

I do not think we will ever break $400 again.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:38:11 PM

*listen*

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:48:39 PM

I do not think we will ever break $400 again.

For what it's worth, I totally agree. 

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:01:19 PM

I am quite confident it will go to 350 again. I am keeping a small amount at that range in case it does. Keep in mind its not based on fancy analysis or charts, but things have usually been working out for me.

Sometimes you may end up getting some crazy deal like when it went down to 102 at Btc-e.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: