Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:44:39 PM

for the record I am against switching algo's - scrypt has served this coin just fine

why change?

Scrypt's wreaked havoc on this coin.

Wrought; it has wrought havoc.  Wink

But why do you think this?  Huh

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:50:14 PM

TRUST AND PROTECT THE FUTURE
TAPTF NO WALLET

SEND ME YOUR NOBLECOIN IF YOU WORRY ABOUT THE SECURITY OR IF YOU SCARE FOR YOUR WALLET I WILL HOLD IT FOR YOU SEND THE AMOUNT PLUS YOUR CONTACT INFO AND I WILL HOLD YOUR NOBL FOR 2%
9ZnrBpvg7D83a7jaXeAEAyCHpDYEuzinFo

Grin

NEVER TRUST BUT ONE TIME YOU TRY ONE TIME ITS WORK ONE TIME NOT
I PROMISE ON MY LIFE TO NEVER BREAK THE TRUST
THIS IS MY GARANTEE
eagleflies

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:54:30 PM

To Rofo and everyone Noble

Let us discuss facts, not emotions.

-----------------------------------
Chronology of events
-----------------------------------

1. At some point in the past Rofo asked community to vote on next step for Noble. Community chose PoS and Rofo accepted this

2. Rofo contacted 3 or 4 external teams looking for someone to deliver PoS. All this failed

3. January 11, 2015: Rofo publishes post titled 'No longer Noble' - "[..]I'm sorry, and I hope 2015 is a better year for NOBL and crypto. Please take a round of votes or determine a group better able to work on NOBL moving forward. I just am unable to continue working as I have been. To be frank I'm completely broken, and I sarcastically look forward to the 'REKT' tweets. I just don't have the passion for crypto any longer, and I know there are people out there who can take this much further now." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.9440

4. January 11, 2015, another post by Rofo where he says "OK look guys I apologise. Let me finalize the bullion licensing and work here in Canberra (Im in the middle of a move and meetings for NOXT) so I can officially tie precious metals and digital currencies. PD if you're reading this we'd love to have you on board to finalize PoS. Then we can take NOBL and NOXT in the right direction for 2015. Maybe I was having a weak moment. But I think we need to band together and get our shit sorted so we can stand out for once.

5. Community starts talking about how to proceed with PoS transition since everyone suspectd PD team would not deliver.

6. January 12, 2015, 08:32:32 PM, eagleflies: "I have started working on a PoS wallet for Noblecoin. This is just the very beginning so please do not expect miracles anytime soon. However I would like to ask everyone on this thread what is your opinion on PoS parameters which should be chosen. Feel free to elaborate why you think those are best for us. Maybe someone did research into PoS parameters and would like to share results? I would love to hear that!"

7. Since then work has been carried by group of people from this community. Also Joe from Magi Coin joined our efforts and helped a lot.

--------------------------------
Current status of things
--------------------------------
8. PoS wallet for Noble which uses PoS II (with some modifications) from Magi Coin is ready. The work which could not be delivered by 4 external teams was completed internally. We are ready for transition on the 4th of March.

9. March 01, 2015, 08:58:39 AM, Rofo writes "[..]Attached so it's public. Please do not continue to use my 'good name' (or in all honesty seeming lack thereof now from this point in this 'scene') for particular projects/ideas unless it is deserving so."

10. March 01, 2015, Rofo "Disappeared? I stepped back to let your lovely community/new leadership take the helm to get what they wanted and was in private discussion with them many times. This was common knowledge

If you read some of the quotes you'll see the times when I left what they shared in their hands. They chose to let you all sit around and talk like I had bailed and not given two shits.. as if they weren't in communication with me.

That is not acceptable. My 'toys' are all still very much around. You think all this is a game to me?

What the 'community' should understand is that I will have an opinion on matters. It was public in Jan. It was public before PoS switch. And it is public now. Don't get mad that it now causes an issue with things. My personal viewpoint is rightfully mine."

-----------------
Comment
-----------------

Everyone can check chronology of events:
- We were looking for external team to deliver PoS
- All of this failed
- Rofo made decision to pass things onto community
- Community started working on PoS and finished 90% of work by now
- Rofo is back and makes several critical posts

As I stated many times in the past This is not a take-over. I have just offered my time and skills to work internally on what other teams could not deliver for money.

I also do believe in this: "My take on this is that best scenario for Noblecoin is when both Rofo and myself cooperate. Rofo created this coin and has great business related skills while I am stronger on technical side. Sounds like a good fit. "

In my personal view Rofo always was a leader for Noblecoin. I am feeling disappointed after hearing critical remarks from him today just before the switch. But since he is the leader I have to accept that.

---------------
The offer
---------------
I do believe in cooperation and I do accept Rofo's leadership for Noble. We all met here due to Rofo, not due to myself. It was his vision which built this community.

We have everything ready from technical point of view now but I will not proceed with switch to PoS without hearing 'please continue with the switch' from Rofo.

Deadline: since the transition is planned and agreed with exchanges to happen on the 4th of March and I need to start making final preparations on the 3rd of March there has to be a deadline. Let us make it 48 hours. So my offer expires on the 3rd of March at 5PM GMT. If I do not hear consent from Rofo by then I will contact exchanges and tell them transition was cancelled.

----------------
Final thanks
----------------
I would like to express gratitude to all the members of community who helped with preparations to transition, code, testing etc. It was great to meet all of you and work together. I feel disappointed but not bitter. It is better to try things and fail then to stay idle. Wink Maybe we will meet again in the future working on some other coin Wink

I would like to especially thank:
- Rofo for starting this coin and having a vision
- Joe for offering his code and discussions about PoS
- fairglu for supporting us with his block explorer and sharing his thoughts
- James and ctenc001 for working on marketing campaign
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

Huh?  Roll Eyes

so this coin is officially dead ...who will return my nobl that I generously donated?
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:06:45 PM

Huh?  Roll Eyes

so this coin is officially dead ...who will return my nobl that I generously donated?

In the event that the pos switch is called off I'll refund all donations
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

Huh?  Roll Eyes

In the event that the pos switch is called off I'll refund all donations

Why should Rofo still have objections?  Did we not have a vote on this?  And agree to switch?  Huh

I sure as hell hope eagleflies does not leave us;no future for NOBL then!  Angry

But surely EF and Rofo can sort this out between them?   Grin

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:37:38 PM

I don't see the issue in me reiterating my stance on crypto, technology, our direction etc. a problem considering it hasn't changed. I still believe in/against education, yearlong patience, not toying with experimental code, market manipulation, constant hard forks, patience, usage focus over price etc.

I've always been uncomfortably open. I've always spared the usual scene bullshit because this entire forum is a circus.

And all of a sudden my stance is an issue because what the community has decided slightly contradicts that?

I'm not even fighting it. I'm keeping the services and support and everything else running and building upon. I supported it in private completely until I got tired hearing in public that I'm not being helpful or have run away. When anyone can see I still log in daily.

But since it suddenly conflicts with what you want it's an issue for the first time in 12 months?

Please. Is NOBL 'Rofo' or is it a democratic community..or a cryptocurrency. This isn't a personality cult.

Kudos.  You are the most sensible altcoin dev I have encountered in a long time. 

Everyone else:   before this announcement, you didn't have Rofo's total support,  after this announcement, you still don't have Rofo's entire support.  The only difference is that you know why, and it's not unreasonable for him to feel thi way.  Yet the bottom line for NOBL, or what you are trying to do with it (POS algo change, etc),  has not been significantly altered by any of these developments.
joelao95
Legendary

Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:42:31 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 07:12:31 AM by joelao95

Deadline: since the transition is planned and agreed with exchanges to happen on the 4th of March and I need to start making final preparations on the 3rd of March there has to be a deadline. Let us make it 48 hours. So my offer expires on the 3rd of March at 5PM GMT. If I do not hear consent from Rofo by then I will contact exchanges and tell them transition was cancelled.

It's been some time since last post. I just read the thread today and was a bit surprising about what's happening. No wonder we're straddling on the changes etc!

@eagleflies, you definitely made a lot contribution and deserve all of the respects; it would be a pity if everything done is not gonna happen.

Let me ask, why you need approve from Rofo, he made the decision already, right? And the decision is up to community. Why we need to ask the same question again and again and again?  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10200543#msg10200543

That's why we're going towards PoS.

@Community, please don't be kidding. Discussion already done, time to move on!

Please work with @Rofo then, what's his role in the coin afterwards. But I'm gonna say a coin is not up to the dev, a coin is up to community. It'll be hard to understand dev is right when the community is wrong. Surely the community needs Rofo as the dev, no takeover I meant.

You should call for community's votes, rather than approve from one person, if we really need discussion; but I think that's NOT necessary.  

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 08:57:28 PM

My approval is not needed. You already had it anyway. Make the switch. I'm not a dictator.

What I was not interested in was pretending PoS is something it is not. I actually prefer it to PoW longterm when I think of potential. But my timelines are in years not months. Or my opinions or 'advice' on many things have suddenly shifted. Or that I've somehow done you all wrong as if I owe you every moment of my life. But I'm not partaking in blatant cheerleading and misleading facts with the half a dozen broken English speaking newcomers.

joelao95
Legendary

Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:51:42 PM

My approval is not needed. You already had it anyway. Make the switch. I'm not a dictator.

What I was not interested in was pretending PoS is something it is not. I actually prefer it to PoW longterm when I think of potential. But my timelines are in years not months. Or my opinions or 'advice' on many things have suddenly shifted. Or that I've somehow done you all wrong as if I owe you every moment of my life. But I'm not partaking in blatant cheerleading and misleading facts with the half a dozen broken English speaking newcomers.

@Rofo, your opinion of PoW deserves discussion and further consideration. I think community SHOULD take this into account and discuss on this topic after switch. For now, just let PoS happen. I don't see any thing wrong in the further if we really need to do something on PoW, we can do so.

But you should take a deep look at the PoS; everything has good / bad sides, we should make use of the good things while overcoming the drawbacks. I personally like hybrid PoW and PoS together; you can always do some tweaks to make one dominant at a situation when you need it.

@Community, just let switch happen, then continue on the improvement.   

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
james6546

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:47:19 PM

@Rofo, your opinion of PoW deserves discussion and further consideration. I think community SHOULD take this into account and discuss on this topic after switch. For now, just let PoS happen. I don't see any thing wrong in the further if we really need to do something on PoW, we can do so.

But you should take a deep look at the PoS; everything has good / bad sides, we should make use of the good things while overcoming the drawbacks. I personally like hybrid PoW and PoS together; you can always do some tweaks to make one dominant at a situation when you need it.

@Community, just let switch happen, then continue on the improvement.   

I'm with Joe, lets make it happen. Then we can all carry on with our lives.
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:16:39 PM

Somewhat off topic but have you been following what is being worked on in Slasher 2.0 lately? 
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:58:26 PM

let's do the switch!

Switch.....

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

FixItDad

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:49:40 AM

Thank you Rofo for moving this pos forward and Eagleflies and his helpers for pos.
Very Much Appericatation to all the work and commitment from all parties.
Never fear - Change is good
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:05:25 AM

This fudding caused some cheap coins Smiley

RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

Rofo: Glad to see you are still around and, thank you for posting. It's not about any individual, its about the project and long term goals and values and your vision has guided the coin through hell and back. No one can take that from you, you deserve all the best.

Eaglefiles: And, I thank you for your part and for recognizing that there was some unsettled business, that was professional of you. Please carry on in the best tradition of Noble and we will support your efforts.

Let us move on now to a new era...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
eagleflies

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:41:52 AM

Thank you. We are going forward with migration to PoS then.
james6546

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:45:16 AM

Thank you. We are going forward with migration to PoS then.

Excellent.

The PoA campaign will kick off at around 2:00pm GMT today and will be running for 5 days
eagleflies

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:19:50 AM

just for info  :  c-cex support did not know anything about a swap they say , so i am sending them now to bittrex

Thanks for this information. This is first time I heard Noble is quoted on this exchange. Going to contact them today.

Rofo: Our website contains informations on exchanges which is not up to date. Could you please make following modifications:

1. https://www.noblemovement.com/ ->
- Remove 'Altmarket' and 'Vault of Satoshi'
- Add 'Cryptsy'

2. https://www.noblemovement.com/exchanges/ ->
- Remove 'Bleutrade', 'Coinswap', 'Coinex', 'Lazycoins', 'Cryptokk', 'Mintpal', 'Openex', 'Vault of Satoshi'
- Add 'Cryptsy', 'AllCrypt.com', 'comkort.com'
eagleflies

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:34:11 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 09:47:29 AM by eagleflies

------------------------------------------------
Information on exchanges readiness
------------------------------------------------
- Poloniex.com - had conversation with them via tickets. they are aware how to proceed with the switch. Recommended exchange for switch
- Bittrex.com - had conversation with Richie on IRC. they are aware how to proceed with the switch. Recommended exchange for switch
- Cryptsy.com - opened ticket with them and their 'Crypto Currency Manager' put it into work in progress so he read it. however he never wrote single word. Cryptsy is big and well known exchange so they will most probably proceed fine with the migration.
- comkort.com - exchanged emails with them
- allcrypt.com - exchanged emails with them

Missing bits:
- c-cex.com - going to contact them today
- www.swisscex.com - going to contact them today

My next steps:
- calculate block height of the switch and send this information to all exchanges
- contact all our Pools, faucets and block explorers with information about switch
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: