Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2019, 07:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 615 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1008936 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eagleflies

Activity: 438
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:37:38 PM

[..]

thanks for the concern from both of you and eagleflies....screenshots may be  too late for me now for i already cash out all my coins to exchange side.

OK. Just to let you know - I am going to publish updated wallet in the coming days. The change should help in cases like yours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:55:34 PM

Is it necessary to have to split minted coins into two blocks?

It seems logical to think a same sized output would be equally viable and easy to code . . .

What are the main pros and cons of each?

Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:24:59 AM

Hey,
I tried to send noblecoins from my wallet (old wallet but synced) to Poloniex last night, been about 9h but no verifications/confirmations. 0/5. Whats wrong ? What should I do ?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:13:48 AM

Hey,
I tried to send noblecoins from my wallet (old wallet but synced) to Poloniex last night, been about 9h but no verifications/confirmations. 0/5. Whats wrong ? What should I do ?

Generalized questions about specific issues are impossible to answer. You need to provide detailed information about your specific issue.

Open your Noblecoin wallet and select the "Transactions" tab.

Right click on the transaction you want to investigate, and click "Show transaction details" in the contextual menu.

Select and copy the contents of the of the Transaction detail window.

Paste your copied transaction details here.

Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:17:05 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 03:18:22 PM by Sapfon

Hey,

Generalized questions about specific issues are impossible to answer. You need to provide detailed information about your specific issue.

Open your Noblecoin wallet and select the "Transactions" tab.

Right click on the transaction you want to investigate, and click "Show transaction details" in the contextual menu.

Select and copy the contents of the of the Transaction detail window.

Paste your copied transaction details here.

It has now confirmed but no noble shown on Poloniex.

Date: 29.6.2015 22:27
To: 9kaPgMZ5rHhbhEcgTPRkmXRr9tuELUNdzf
Debit: -262932.39084084 NOBLE
Net amount: -262932.39084084 NOBLE
Transaction ID: 61c849fc6b9829a28449ecab919d1a85f92147355ee6aef010781909cc00dc87

Triple checked that address is same as the one in Poloniex. Issue with Poloniex ?
eagleflies

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:18:19 PM

Non mandatory wallet update - version 2.0.2

Changes
- During minting transaction is no longer split into two halves. This is to improve user experience while still keeping network healthy.

Longer explanation
During switch to PoS we wanted to make sure network will be secure. Security in PoS world comes from keeping network difficulty high. One way of achieving this is to make sure big holders do not keep all their money in single transaction. PoS II provides incentives for big holders to split their money into number of transactions around 2 million coins in each. One way to enforce this is to split transactions into halves during minting process. This was preferable at the time of switch.

However now we passed network height of 110 000 blocks and transactions were split into chunks small enough. Recently we can observe the adverse effect that users are not happy about having to maintain their wallets every several weeks. Because if transaction sizes in wallet become too small it has problems with minting new coins and user needs to group several transactions into few bigger ones. In ideal world all users would strive to improve network security and perform this maintenance every several weeks. But it is better being realistic and improve users experience.

What was preferred at time of switch is not necessarily great now. If lots of users decide they do not want to spend time maintaining their wallets network difficulty will go down.

How to upgrade
1. It is always a good idea to backup your wallet.dat file.
2. Download, unzip and run newest version of client.

Do I have to upgrade?
No, you don't. If you do not mind maintaining your wallet every few weeks there is no need to download newest version.

What's the recommended size of transactions to ensure staking will work best?
In theory 2 000 000 coins is best size. However it reality it depends what is the current network difficulty and how many wallets are staking. Personally I never had any issues with transaction sizes between 100 000 - 2 000 000.

Download:
- Windows: http://noble.ilikebtc.com/NobleCoin-Qt-v.2.0.2.zip
- Linux: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:57:48 PM

Changes
- During minting transaction is no longer split into two halves. This is to improve user experience while still keeping network healthy.

Longer explanation
During switch to PoS we wanted to make sure network will be secure. Security in PoS world comes from keeping network difficulty high. One way of achieving this is to make sure big holders do not keep all their money in single transaction. PoS II provides incentives for big holders to split their money into number of transactions around 2 million coins in each. One way to enforce this is to split transactions into halves during minting process. This was preferable at the time of switch.

However now we passed network height of 110 000 blocks and transactions were split into chunks small enough. Recently we can observe the adverse effect that users are not happy about having to maintain their wallets every several weeks. Because if transaction sizes in wallet become too small it has problems with minting new coins and user needs to group several transactions into few bigger ones. In ideal world all users would strive to improve network security and perform this maintenance every several weeks. But it is better being realistic and improve users experience.

What was preferred at time of switch is not necessarily great now. If lots of users decide they do not want to spend time maintaining their wallets network difficulty will go down.

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?
No, you don't. If you do not mind maintaining your wallet every few weeks there is no need to download newest version.

In theory 2 000 000 coins is best size. However it reality it depends what is the current network difficulty and how many wallets are staking. Personally I never had any issues with transaction sizes between 100 000 - 2 000 000.

Download:

Great that you have adressed some of the major critic points of lately. Thanks for the update!
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:10:48 AM

Changes

Longer explanation

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?

Download:

Thank you for this! Keep it up team

bitcoinmar

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:13:14 AM

Changes

Longer explanation

How to upgrade

Do I have to upgrade?

Download:

Thank you for this! Keep it up team
Thanks for this all now all going smooth and right keep this work up for us good luck

███████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
                ███████████
                ███████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ███████████
███████████     ███████████
VELIC.

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄        ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀        ██
██                ▀▀
██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀

kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:46:59 AM

do you guys know if we would be able to get back onto bittrex? I realize I left almost 1mil NOBL on bittrex and they delisted the coin. Has anyone tried getting their NOBL from bittrex back after it was delisted?
mkrypt

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

do you guys know if we would be able to get back onto bittrex? I realize I left almost 1mil NOBL on bittrex and they delisted the coin. Has anyone tried getting their NOBL from bittrex back after it was delisted?

From my experience I was able to transfer coins after delisting both on Bittrex and Poloniex. Is NOBL account shown in your "Wallets" menu on Bittrex?
kronicblazer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:08:10 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 12:12:19 AM by kronicblazer

From my experience I was able to transfer coins after delisting both on Bittrex and Poloniex. Is NOBL account shown in your "Wallets" menu on Bittrex?

Ya, its listed in my account balance with a yellow Disabled tab instead of the usual blue + - with my coin amount, but I can't do anything with it.  Gonna try to contact support now, thx for the input.

edit: got a reply... "The nobl wallet is no longer on Bittrex servers"... guess they dumped all the free Noble they got from people somewhere already or just don't want to give it back.  Anyone know if one of the top richlist wallets belong to Bittrex?
trax0r

Activity: 255
Merit: 101

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:02:51 AM

Come on... Vote for NOBLE on Cryptopia Exchange. Currently Noble is leading the Vote:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:26:19 AM

Come on... Vote for NOBLE on Cryptopia Exchange. Currently Noble is leading the Vote:

beat me to it   Wink  (click the pic)  three days to go

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
eagleflies

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:33:58 AM

The question is 'Do we need more exchanges right now?'.

In PoW world we had constant supply of fresh coins from multipools which was pushing price down and providing liquidity.
In PoS world with single digit inflation there is not so many sellers. Most people who stick with Noble are here for long term. They do not want to part with their coins at current valuation hence much weaker supply side.

I am not strongly against being listed on more exchanges but probably better time to expand would be when there is more liquidity.

trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:00:57 PM

In PoW world we had constant supply of fresh coins from multipools which was pushing price down and providing liquidity.
In PoS world with single digit inflation there is not so many sellers. Most people who stick with Noble are here for long term. They do not want to part with their coins at current valuation hence much weaker supply side.

I am not strongly against being listed on more exchanges but probably better time to expand would be when there is more liquidity.

Cryptopia is not just another exchange... if Noble passes the Vote on Cryptopia, this will offer different markets like NOBL/BTC, NOBL/LTC, NOBL/UNO, NOBL/DOT, NOBL/Dodge, NOBL/Feather and more.
Also there in no de-listing policy on Cryptopia. This means NOBL will have a steady home there.
And on the Cryptopia Market Place you can offer real goods with NOBL payment.
Fishmaster42

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:13:11 PM

Cryptopia is not just another exchange... if Noble passes the Vote on Cryptopia, this will offer different markets like NOBL/BTC, NOBL/LTC, NOBL/UNO, NOBL/DOT, NOBL/Dodge, NOBL/Feather and more.
Also there in no de-listing policy on Cryptopia. This means NOBL will have a steady home there.

it looks like to me we need dot votes to beat the 80k up at number 1. I cant find how to dot vote
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:19:40 PM

The site has a total volume of 2btc.. Sorry if I don't seem over excited lol

trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:26:01 PM

it looks like to me we need dot votes to beat the 80k up at number 1. I cant find how to dot vote
There are two ways to vote.. normal, daily votes (login with your account and vote) and dot votes, which you have to buy/mine dot coins and spend them as votes..
If there are enough normal votes in the next two days, then NOBLE will be set as vote winner.
james6546

Activity: 690

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:18:35 AM

There are two ways to vote.. normal, daily votes (login with your account and vote) and dot votes, which you have to buy/mine dot coins and spend them as votes..
If there are enough normal votes in the next two days, then NOBLE will be set as vote winner.

Pretty cool that we are winning, I am impressed
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 615 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.