Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:40:21 PM

Are you in touch with the NOBL pools? I contacted 2 multipools who often miss such announcements and continue mining after the fork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:37:30 PM

Cryptsy will not be ready for the fork tomorrow. We will be disabling our wallet around midnight tonight

The new repository was not forked from an existing repo. There fore a full review of the source needs to be done. Which will take some time

To avoid delays like this in the future more notice should be given for a hard fork of this nature. And the code should be forked from an existing repository

It will likely be 2-3 days before we can do a full review of the new source code and enable deposits/withdrawals again
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:49:53 PM

Are you in touch with the NOBL pools? I contacted 2 multipools who often miss such announcements and continue mining after the fork.

Why? Multipools are like parasites, living on alts to feed btc to them..
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:55:45 PM

Cryptsy will not be ready for the fork tomorrow. We will be disabling our wallet around midnight tonight

The new repository was not forked from an existing repo. There fore a full review of the source needs to be done. Which will take some time

To avoid delays like this in the future more notice should be given for a hard fork of this nature. And the code should be forked from an existing repository

It will likely be 2-3 days before we can do a full review of the new source code and enable deposits/withdrawals again

Huge sells on cryptsy now we hit 8 satoshi! Keep coins once this switch is done!

myexec

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:09:53 AM

Can I use the new PoS wallet to transfer coins from cryptsy ?
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:14:25 AM

I'm mining on Multipools but don't dump the coins. Means I'm evil?  Tongue

mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:45:56 AM

Thanks for being one of the few (only?) exchanges who does their homework on coins and updates.  I don't have any reason to think eagleflies or anyone involved in NOBL would try to pull anything sneaky (would be nice if they got this ball rolling before the announced changeover though), but it's good policy to check out any new code and other exchanges should not be lazy / greedy and rely on Cryptsy to do this for them. 

It's just unfortunate that so many people are moving coins there and will get them "stuck"  while the code review is done,  this is going to weigh on the price for a few days methinks.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:45:25 AM

Hello,

Ticket #176888 was opened with cryptsy exactly 20 days ago. We have been running tests for almost 3 weeks before launch. Not sure how we could provide more notice. Also nobody from Cryptsy commented on the ticket. All 5 updates there were done by myself.

Anyway thanks for letting us know before the launch. At least people can option to choose to move their coins somewhere else before migration.

Everyone - if you want to stake your coins without delay please move your coins to another exchange.

Thanks!
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:51:53 AM

Two biggest pools Lifeforce and CoinMine.pw know about switch to PoS. Do we have more?
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Can I use the new PoS wallet to transfer coins from cryptsy ?

The new wallet will be announced at the time of switch. I do not think you will have lots of time to start it, generate receiving address and request transfer from cryptsy.

Recommendation - use current PoW wallet to generate address. Transfer money there and then after the switch migrate coins using https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option method.

Alternatively - you can transfer coins to either bittrex or poloniex.
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:58:52 AM

I'm mining on Multipools but don't dump the coins. Means I'm evil?  Tongue

No, you're great! Wink
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:59:49 AM

Huge sells on cryptsy now we hit 8 satoshi! Keep coins once this switch is done!

Don't worry about Cryptsy:  they kept Benjamins coin trading for 7 months after they were declared officially dead....  2-3 days is actually fast for them!  NOBL must be on their priority list!

Wink
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:08:06 AM

Thanks for being one of the few (only?) exchanges who does their homework on coins and updates.  I don't have any reason to think eagleflies or anyone involved in NOBL would try to pull anything sneaky (would be nice if they got this ball rolling before the announced changeover though), but it's good policy to check out any new code and other exchanges should not be lazy / greedy and rely on Cryptsy to do this for them. 

It's just unfortunate that so many people are moving coins there and will get them "stuck"  while the code review is done,  this is going to weigh on the price for a few days methinks.

Mikey - please check my other post describing in details when Cryptsy was contacted. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10651511#msg10651511

I do appreciate Cryptsy is doing their work, however we could have avoided this if they started asking questions on the ticket which was cut 20 days ago.

Both Bittrex and Poloniex asked tons of questions which were answered. Whole process was discussed thoroughfully days before the switch.
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:17:07 AM

Mikey - please check my other post describing in details when Cryptsy was contacted. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10651511#msg10651511

I do appreciate Cryptsy is doing their work, however we could have avoided this if they started asking questions on the ticket which was cut 20 days ago.

Both Bittrex and Poloniex asked tons of questions which were answered. Whole process was discussed thoroughfully days before the switch.

I stand corrected - I see you did file a ticket well in advance, so the problem is not as clear cut.  Cryptsy works on their own schedule though, that is well known. 
If you want to get their attention you have to make some noise in their chat window sometimes, to make sure your ticket doesn't get put on the back burner behind other, louder complainers.  I still applaud them for going the extra length, while other exchanges don't ask many questions and don't do full source code reviews when they should (if they ever do at all).  I don't mind if it foils some pumpers' plans and timetables. Good.   Cryptsy has too many people trying to pump NOBL for short term gain,  I'm fine with them getting cold feet and going somewhere else.  NOBL will be fine, I think you are doing a great job on the tech side. 
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:38:59 AM

Please, what was finally decided on the apr interest rate per year? I heard 8%, that still right? Also what is min stake age?

Thanks
Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:40:02 AM

Please, what was finally decided on the apr interest rate per year? I heard 8%, that still right? Also what is min stake age?

Thanks
Vegas

8%, 2 hours
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:41:02 AM

I like it!!!

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:45:43 AM

I stand corrected - I see you did file a ticket well in advance, so the problem is not as clear cut.  Cryptsy works on their own schedule though, that is well known. 
If you want to get their attention you have to make some noise in their chat window sometimes, to make sure your ticket doesn't get put on the back burner behind other, louder complainers.  I still applaud them for going the extra length, while other exchanges don't ask many questions and don't do full source code reviews when they should (if they ever do at all).  I don't mind if it foils some pumpers' plans and timetables. Good.   Cryptsy has too many people trying to pump NOBL for short term gain,  I'm fine with them getting cold feet and going somewhere else.  NOBL will be fine, I think you are doing a great job on the tech side. 

Well they will do what they will do. Checking the code makes sense and I appreciate that.

We have been trying to get their attention via chat window last couple of days and someone told me they are aware of the switch. Also the ticket was put into 'work in progress' mode so someone read it.

My only complaint is they could let us know earlier about how long this is going to take. So this could be announced to Noblecoin's holders and they could choose to either keep money on Cryptsy or move it somewhere else if they want to stake right away.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:48:45 AM

Well they will do what they will do. Checking the code makes sense and I appreciate that.

We have been trying to get their attention via chat window last couple of days and someone told me they are aware of the switch. Also the ticket was put into 'work in progress' mode so someone read it.

My only complaint is they could let us know earlier about how long this is going to take. So this could be announced to Noblecoin's holders and they could choose to either keep money on Cryptsy or move it somewhere else if they want to stake right away.

If the ticket was filed 20 days ago then that is our issue with communication on support.

I was made aware roughly 4 days ago. I went to update today and found out the details of the update. So sorry if my original post sounded harsh. Ill have to look into refining the way we handle wallet update tickets
eagleflies

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:53:13 AM

If the ticket was filed 20 days ago then that is our issue with communication on support.

I was made aware roughly 4 days ago. I went to update today and found out the details of the update. So sorry if my original post sounded harsh. Ill have to look into refining the way we handle wallet update tickets

Thank you. I appreciate this.
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: