Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554370 times)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

The one block difficulty change destroy a lot of this coin too...was better to modify it in a way that difficulty was adjusted after 20 blocks or so, because we had some nice people entering KDC in the beginning, we even hit more then 1000KH/s, but then the gravity change was added, and does miners never came back.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:58:47 PM

People want a fork so that they can dump at higher prices, kill the coin and move on to the next one.

I want to still mine/use KDC in 2015, so thank you devs for not giving up on your initial plans Wink

A fork would not kill the coin. Reducing the amount of coins minted daily would only help stabilize prices. That's why everyone is looking forward to block halving. Less coins minted  = higher value.

It would be nice indeed, but would only benefit early adopters and it would be the easy way to go. There is another way to make the coin more valuable, promotion and ways to spend it.

Forking would benefit anyone who has coins now and in the future, not just early adopters. Please explain why it would not benefit someone who just started mining today..

Lets say you fork the coin within 3-4 days, how many people would not jump on today to get double the coins until halving and then dump it all? because from the moment of the annoucement of early block halving the prices would sky rocket and go up just a little bit more after halving until the HUGE drop that will occur because the lack of buy support over the dump that is already happening. That is the scenario of the early block halving.

The other scenerio is that forking the coin fixes the inflation problem and everyone that has lost interest in this coin comes back and brings friends with them. I'm a big stake holder, and do not want to dump my coins at the first sign of increasing prices caused by an improvement in the design of the coin. I know you are a big stake holder as well, would you dump all your coins at the first rise? I doubt it. We all know this coin can reach $1 and all the big stake holders will not dump. The only dumpers are miners that mine to sell daily and that will not change. Increased value just means more interest in the coin. Decreasing values just means no interest and "grumpy faces" lol. BTW I was shocked to know that I hold considerably more KDC than all the dev's combined.  Huh
Tofer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

People want a fork so that they can dump at higher prices, kill the coin and move on to the next one.

I want to still mine/use KDC in 2015, so thank you devs for not giving up on your initial plans Wink

A fork would not kill the coin. Reducing the amount of coins minted daily would only help stabilize prices. That's why everyone is looking forward to block halving. Less coins minted  = higher value.

It would be nice indeed, but would only benefit early adopters and it would be the easy way to go. There is another way to make the coin more valuable, promotion and ways to spend it.

Forking would benefit anyone who has coins now and in the future, not just early adopters. Please explain why it would not benefit someone who just started mining today..

Because of the following. Block halvering will not double the coin price. There are 4 possible options:

1. Coin price somehow double in price, high rate stay the same, profit for miners stay the same because of double price.
2. Coin price doesn't move higher only a few days, high rate stay the same, profit for miners will be 50% less then before fork.
3. Coin price somehow double in price, high rate double, profit for miners will be 50% less then before fork.
4. Coin price doesn't move higher only a few days, high rate drop, profit for miner will be 50% less then before fork.

So meaning: We will either not double in price, or new miners will earn a lot less then current miner. If everybody can explain in which situation the new miners will profit then i'm all earns Smiley
Right. Block halving will not help the coin really. All I see it as is a way to measure it's health.  When we survive the block halving which may be tricky it must be used as a way to say to people "look the coin is solid, you are missing a great opportunity."  But first people have to understand that the one definite thing about a block halving is that there will be less coins per block.  So why would people want to mine or buy a coin that has been lackluster on the coinwarz list now. Let alone after a halving when it will immediately drop lower and lower because everyone wanted the rate to halve not realizing that its the services and following that revolve around the coin that makes it valuable not the coin itself.

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:02:19 PM

BTW I was shocked to know that I hold considerably more KDC than all the dev's combined.  Huh

DEV need to mine more, they can mine +1K with 6000Kh/s per day Smiley, after 20 days they had double their stake Smiley
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

BTW I was shocked to know that I hold considerably more KDC than all the dev's combined.  Huh

DEV need to mine more, they can mine +1K with 6000Kh/s per day Smiley, after 20 days they had double their stake Smiley
Yes! If I brought my own coin to the market you can bet I'd be mining it 24/7 from minute one.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

Yeah well I hope they do that, they havent so far.
Tofer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:29:09 PM

It's funny I think I sold less than one percent of my KDC but have stopped mining and started maxcoin but I'm not holding those just dumping them furiously and once they stop being so damn profitable to mine I'm back to KDC because I'm kinda optimistic about it.  And if KDC treats me well in the future I will take some of my holdings and make a dedicated 50Mh rig for KDC that will slave forever no matter the profit margin as long as it is profitable, if it's not profitable I'll dedicate whatever 50cents a day in electricity is in hash power towards KDC.  There will be a time when it would be stupid to hold the coins you mined unless youre just trying to save money/store wealth.  Crypto will be the destabilization on any centralization of anything to do with information, currency, well everything that isn't a tangible object.  But it will still disrupt and make more difficult the centralization of tangibles.

Need someone to Mod your board so you can focus on your coin?  Want someone to be there answering newcomer  questions for the launch of your coin?  PM me for more info.  I can help!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:30:51 PM

Yes! If I brought my own coin to the market you can bet I'd be mining it 24/7 from minute one.
Indeed i would think so too.If i own +100K KDC, then in fact i was expecting that DEV would have around +250K - +500K KDC, of course, you also need the hashrate, I have a few graphic cards, so ... Smiley

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:32:40 PM

It's funny I think I sold less than one percent of my KDC but have stopped mining and started maxcoin but I'm not holding those just dumping them furiously and once they stop being so damn profitable to mine I'm back to KDC because I'm kinda optimistic about it.  And if KDC treats me well in the future I will take some of my holdings and make a dedicated 50Mh rig for KDC that will slave forever no matter the profit margin as long as it is profitable, if it's not profitable I'll dedicate whatever 50cents a day in electricity is in hash power towards KDC.  There will be a time when it would be stupid to hold the coins you mined unless youre just trying to save money/store wealth.  Crypto will be the destabilization on any centralization of anything to do with information, currency, well everything that isn't a tangible object.  But it will still disrupt and make more difficult the centralization of tangibles.

We need a few of those rigs Smiley And someone buying up the coins till 10K Smiley
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:40:19 PM

We need to remind ourselves that the coin is barely a month old  Grin
In the crypto world, that seems like an eternity I know   Cheesy
We are luckier than most... Like an earlier post said, some coins don't even make it past the first week, and some of those have a low coin count, zero pre-mine but still they are history.
It's not too late for the coin.... Don't let the naysayers discourage you.
There are probably 3 coins or more released everyday and we are one of the chosen few that made  this far thanks to the collaborative efforts put forth.
As long as the community won't give up on the devs and vice versa, we should be ok.

Just my 2 cents,

Tofer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:44:48 PM

Well look at it from their eyes if the coin is big they'll get theirs because they've developed the services and are invested in more ways than just holding the coin. Plus whats better for the community a dev team that profited from speculation on their own coin (duh they support it or else they'd just be mining and not developing) Or a community that profited from speculating/putting faith in a dev team that created a network of services and uses for their coin. Give em a break they are investing time which is a lot more valuable than money. As well do you want their computing power going to development or mining.  I don't know if they created one of those gambling sites but if they did they'll be getting theirs from those dumb enough to gamble them away(no offense just my opinion)

Tofer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

We need to remind ourselves that the coin is barely a month old  Grin
In the crypto world, that seems like an eternity I know   Cheesy
We are luckier than most... Like an earlier post said, some coins don't even make it past the first week, and some of those have a low coin count, zero pre-mine but still they are history.
It's not too late for the coin.... Don't let the naysayers discourage you.
There are probably 3 coins or more released everyday and we are one of the chosen few that made  this far thanks to the collaborative efforts put forth.
As long as the community won't give up on the devs and vice versa, we should be ok.

Just my 2 cents,

The list of uses for crypto is huge.  People talking down other coins is like two people standing on a football field yelling at each other that there isn't enough room to do jumping jacks.  In reference to those naysayers.

bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:09:11 PM

It's funny I think I sold less than one percent of my KDC but have stopped mining and started maxcoin but I'm not holding those just dumping them furiously and once they stop being so damn profitable to mine I'm back to KDC because I'm kinda optimistic about it.  And if KDC treats me well in the future I will take some of my holdings and make a dedicated 50Mh rig for KDC that will slave forever no matter the profit margin as long as it is profitable, if it's not profitable I'll dedicate whatever 50cents a day in electricity is in hash power towards KDC.  There will be a time when it would be stupid to hold the coins you mined unless youre just trying to save money/store wealth.  Crypto will be the destabilization on any centralization of anything to do with information, currency, well everything that isn't a tangible object.  But it will still disrupt and make more difficult the centralization of tangibles.

I wanna live where you live! my electric bill on a 50 mh rig would be $50 USD  per day. Shocked
Tofer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:12:45 PM

It's funny I think I sold less than one percent of my KDC but have stopped mining and started maxcoin but I'm not holding those just dumping them furiously and once they stop being so damn profitable to mine I'm back to KDC because I'm kinda optimistic about it.  And if KDC treats me well in the future I will take some of my holdings and make a dedicated 50Mh rig for KDC that will slave forever no matter the profit margin as long as it is profitable, if it's not profitable I'll dedicate whatever 50cents a day in electricity is in hash power towards KDC.  There will be a time when it would be stupid to hold the coins you mined unless youre just trying to save money/store wealth.  Crypto will be the destabilization on any centralization of anything to do with information, currency, well everything that isn't a tangible object.  But it will still disrupt and make more difficult the centralization of tangibles.

I wanna live where you live! my electric bill on a 50 mh rig would be $50 USD  per day. Shocked
lol think about it for a second and re read my post... lol
if it's not profitable 50 cents may only be a Mh or less

bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:21:07 PM

lol ok yeah I didn't read it close enough.
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:22:58 PM

In Sweden 1.3mhps (650w) is around €50/month. That's €1.6/day.
Please direct your miners here for a little while, this will make people interested in mining I hope!
With mhps comes a higher price!
Tofer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

lol ok yeah I didn't read it close enough.
Hey lets get some more pledges you holders of tens of thousands if you want to keep spending em someone has to mine. Why not the early adopters?  I think a part of this coin being popular is having an end game,  which a lot of coins don't. They preach what the coins'll be worth but not whether there'll be people mining the transactions for the coin.  Say when a coin is fully mined the hash rate plummets due to lack of reward then hashes will leave making a coin less secure.  Isn't that a big aspect of crypto?  Having a network so big it is impossible to attack.  If theres only a small amout of hashes it would be a lot easier to 51% and wreck it all.

G440T

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:34:22 PM

Buy wall is breaking...
0.000045   9934.91707116   0.44707127
Mayhem007

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:41:26 PM

Indeed i would think so too.If i own +100K KDC, then in fact i was expecting that DEV would have around +250K - +500K KDC, of course, you also need the hashrate, I have a few graphic cards, so ... Smiley

Something is definitely wrong there.  If all the devs combined only own 20k of KDC, thats less than one btc worth.  Doesnt make sense to me.   
Seems like their priorities are out of whack.  If you truly believe in the coin, and you are doing the work as devs, you should at least own 250-500k by now.  I dont understand what would be the motive to keep working on projects.  REAL devs get paid way more for part-time work for a few days.

With ownership of only 20K, no wonder the projects have fallen behind.  If KDC keeps falling and the halving has no effect, if I were the dev I would just drop the project and dev a new coin from scartch applying everything I learned from KDC.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:23:03 AM

Buy wall is breaking...
0.000045   9934.91707116   0.44707127
Let it fall. Let the real market decide what its worth.
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: