Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554370 times)
kaotik

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

Interesting read on bitcoins and their adoption by big box retailers:
http://www.wired.com/business/2014/02/rise-fall-rise-patrick-byrne/?mbid=synd_digg
Zedcoin got a comment in, maybe we should also comment on how a gold rush is coming  Grin
Jes159

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold Rush Now!

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:27:11 PM

exactly what is making the btc price drop so much anyway haven't really been paying attention until kdc plummeted

MtGox have stopped all BTC withdrawals. They are blaming Bitcoin devs for coin weakness that allows double transactions on withdrawals, bitcoin devs are blaming them for bad coding.

There are a lot of rumours that this is just MTGox trying to hide the fact that they are about to go down. If that happens there will be a pretty major drop in BTC price I would imagine, but it's all rumours as always.

Why would MtGox go down with all their assets?

I'm no expert, just passing on the rumours I've heard.

It's been said that they are very insolvent, which is why they are holding all BTC and using the withdrawal bug as an excuse. Again, all rumours.
Kheg

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

exactly what is making the btc price drop so much anyway haven't really been paying attention until kdc plummeted

MtGox have stopped all BTC withdrawals. They are blaming Bitcoin devs for coin weakness that allows double transactions on withdrawals, bitcoin devs are blaming them for bad coding.

There are a lot of rumours that this is just MTGox trying to hide the fact that they are about to go down. If that happens there will be a pretty major drop in BTC price I would imagine, but it's all rumours as always.

MtGox is a Ponzi scheme.  They don't have funds to pay out their current customers.

Seriously, WHY would any exchange be able to support a commodity price 10% higher than the rest of the world?  For example, when MtGox was trading BTC at $1000 USD+, the rest of the world was in the $900's.  If you were buying BTC, why would you even consider buying at MtGox?  You wouldn't.  Therefore there would be no buy support and the value of BTC would never be able to break parity from other exchanges at best, let alone exceed 10-15% higher than them.

The only explanation is that MtGox was artificially manipulating the numbers somehow, and more than likely running a Ponzi scheme borrowing money from new customers to pay the old ones.

It finally came crashing down around them and now they are looking for yet another excuse to dig themselves out from under their steaming pile.  Hopefully this time they won't and they'll die off for the better of the community.
SkillRoad

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:28:20 PM

CoinArmy now hashing at 125mhs at a net rate of 200mhs. Time to switch to another pool to even things out!!

yes :/ looks like small time miner dropping off scewed things a little.

You as PR of KDC, can you not try to get more pools on this coin? We really need to split out miners! It is not possible that we only have 2 major pools, when one is going down then you have huge problems.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:29:30 PM

Had a brief email exchange with BitJohn on Cryptsy, asked him about Klondike, his response was:

"I would say it has a decent shot seems like a good coin."

We'll see I s'pose, but at least he's aware of us and has a favorable impression. I don't think Cryptsy would magically raise the price, but it would definitely be good exposure.

I use skype, much faster Cheesy, he was planning to bring it up for the next batch, but the number of new coins is big, so they decide in a group which coin will make most sense to be added. Will cryptsy improve KDC coinprice, no, as the coin will already be a lot higher before it hits cryptsy. It happened with TIPS/MOON both were trading every low, rumors about cryptsy hit the market and TIPS/MOON went to the MOON, then they hit cryptsy, move a little higher and then dropped, but still both are 10 times higher then when they were trading at coinedup. I still believe that KDC can hit $1, as i said before. Look at CAT, they also hit $1 a few weeks ago. Now the number of coins has been increasing a little, hitting $1 would mean that we have a market cap of more the $3M, impossible? No, look at MEOW, they hit $2.8M when hitting cryptsy. I don't know who sold at 4000, but either he really had to pay electricity bills or really needed some money, or he don't understand altcoins at all. This coin is not dying or so. Look at the hashrate...
MijntjeGoud

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:33:04 PM

Had a brief email exchange with BitJohn on Cryptsy, asked him about Klondike, his response was:

"I would say it has a decent shot seems like a good coin."

We'll see I s'pose, but at least he's aware of us and has a favorable impression. I don't think Cryptsy would magically raise the price, but it would definitely be good exposure.

I use skype, much faster Cheesy, he was planning to bring it up for the next batch, but the number of new coins is big, so they decide in a group which coin will make most sense to be added. Will cryptsy improve KDC coinprice, no, as the coin will already be a lot higher before it hits cryptsy. It happened with TIPS/MOON both were trading every low, rumors about cryptsy hit the market and TIPS/MOON went to the MOON, then they hit cryptsy, move a little higher and then dropped, but still both are 10 times higher then when they were trading at coinedup. I still believe that KDC can hit $1, as i said before. Look at CAT, they also hit $1 a few weeks ago. Now the number of coins has been increasing a little, hitting $1 would mean that we have a market cap of more the $3M, impossible? No, look at MEOW, they hit $2.8M when hitting cryptsy. I don't know who sold at 4000, but either he really had to pay electricity bills or really needed some money, or he don't understand altcoins at all. This coin is not dying or so. Look at the hashrate...

This is some good information! I  hope the rest of the group also want this coin on with the next batch Smiley
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:34:28 PM

MtGox is a Ponzi scheme.  They don't have funds to pay out their current customers.

Seriously, WHY would any exchange be able to support a commodity price 10% higher than the rest of the world?  For example, when MtGox was trading BTC at $1000 USD+, the rest of the world was in the $900's.  If you were buying BTC, why would you even consider buying at MtGox?  You wouldn't.  Therefore there would be no buy support and the value of BTC would never be able to break parity from other exchanges at best, let alone exceed 10-15% higher than them.

The only explanation is that MtGox was artificially manipulating the numbers somehow, and more than likely running a Ponzi scheme borrowing money from new customers to pay the old ones.

It finally came crashing down around them and now they are looking for yet another excuse to dig themselves out from under their steaming pile.  Hopefully this time they won't and they'll die off for the better of the community.

Hard stuff... you think they used customer money for their own profit, and now because BTC is not moving higher they have problems to payback customers?  Those exchange all ask commissions, and a lot of it!!! For example when you check how much cryptsy earn everyday on commisions then i don't think MtGox can have run out of money, unless that guy spend everything on drugs and girls.

Kheg

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Hard stuff... you think they used customer money for their own profit, and now because BTC is not moving higher they have problems to payback customers?  Those exchange all ask commissions, and a lot of it!!! For example when you check how much cryptsy earn everyday on commisions then i don't think MtGox can have run out of money, unless that guy spend everything on drugs and girls.

I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Is the owner of MtGox still missing by the way?  Last I knew he disappeared several days ago, along with something like $38 million.
cryptoatc

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

Klondike still going down???
kaotik

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:50:55 PM

For those of you who have been mining for over 6 months, which strategy is better, get in early on a coin and hold for a couple of months or immediately pump and dump? If you have to balance between paying the bills and keeping some with hopes of a better payout, what strategy do you adopt?
How long have you held on to a coin? Do you mine several coins or stick to just one?

Thanks. I'm new to mining and would really appreciate feedback from people with experience.
Kheg

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:52:12 PM

It's been relatively stable since last night in the 5000's.

Before anyone says otherwise, pretty much all of the altcoins have tanked over the last few days.  SmartCoin has shaved off 50%, Coino has gone down 40%, Digibyte has gone down about 40%, even most of the old guard coins have been falling too thanks to the BTC market - nobody wants to spend money.

The exception of course is Dogecoin.
Jes159

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:58:04 PM

Before anyone says otherwise, pretty much all of the altcoins have tanked over the last few days.  SmartCoin has shaved off 50%, Coino has gone down 40%, Digibyte has gone down about 40%, even most of the old guard coins have been falling too thanks to the BTC market - nobody wants to spend money.

lol, to the moon!

Doge has been such a massive success due to the community. A lot of people said it was an awful idea at first, but they've proved with a good community you can pretty much make any altcoin popular.
Jes159

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

lol, to the moon!

Doge has been such a massive success due to the community. A lot of people said it was an awful idea at first, but they've proven that with a good community you can pretty much make any altcoin popular.
hoju2k

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:59:23 PM

Yeah I agree... I'm watching Coino as well and is amazing how those two coins are almost always identical in price.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:05:17 PM

For those of you who have been mining for over 6 months, which strategy is better, get in early on a coin and hold for a couple of months or immediately pump and dump? If you have to balance between paying the bills and keeping some with hopes of a better payout, what strategy do you adopt?
How long have you held on to a coin? Do you mine several coins or stick to just one?

Thanks. I'm new to mining and would really appreciate feedback from people with experience.

Avoid new launches unless you can solo mine the first hour, if you're later then one hour then go back to the coin a few days later. Difficulty jump like crazy on the first day, result is, you will be able to mine more 2 days later then trying to fight against 5GH/s.

Take a coin with real development team. Like KDC for example. The best strategy is very difficult to say... I was mining TIPS and had a few Ms everyday and sold it at 2 satoshi agaist LTC!!! I was mining MEOW and sold it at 2 against BTC, as at that time it was a good price.

KDC is very difficult to mine, sometimes it is better to buy the coin from a exchange and not to mine it. With the current difficulty drop, KDC looks again more and more interesting to mine, and if you need to pay bills or so, then you're sure that there is enough people that want to buy your mine coins Smiley

Kheg

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

lol, to the moon!

Doge has been such a massive success due to the community. A lot of people said it was an awful idea at first, but they've proved with a good community you can pretty much make any altcoin popular.

But but... how dare you say the community is responsible for making a coin useful?!

It's completely the dev's responsiblity to make us rich by forcing block changes and whatnot dontchaknow!

Grin
Jes159

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

I know, sorry! I'll get back under my rock.
Blackblanco

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:18:12 PM

Wow, I was actually reading through this whole thread last night and I got inspired to go purchase a chunk of Klondikes.  I just went to Coinmarket.io and I have to say I have changed my mind.  A never-ending stack of buys for 10 coins at a time just to make a point and desperately sustain a pricecomes across as adolescent and obnoxious.  I can't even see one legit buy order to be able to tell what a real demand price might be.  You are hurting your coin and it's unfortunate because you have obviously worked very hard.  Good luck sorting things out.

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
Jilixi

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:23:37 PM

Wow, I was actually reading through this whole thread last night and I got inspired to go purchase a chunk of Klondikes.  I just went to Coinmarket.io and I have to say I have changed my mind.  A never-ending stack of buys for 10 coins at a time just to make a point and desperately sustain a pricecomes across as adolescent and obnoxious.  I can't even see one legit buy order to be able to tell what a real demand price might be.  You are hurting your coin and it's unfortunate because you have obviously worked very hard.  Good luck sorting things out.

Go check Coinedup instead, there are 10 BTC buy orders at the top.

Well there were, 4.5 BTC left

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
Jes159

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:27:03 PM

Not seeing this - maybe they've taken it down? Also, that can happen with any coin - anyone can just go and put a bunch of orders in like that and I've seen it multiple times.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: