Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:41:29 PM

qubit miners are the ones rubbing their hands together with glee,as it looks to me. I don't know, but maybe it could even be mined profitably using cloud services.

The math doesn't lie. All the algos have extremely similar, to not say identical over the long term, mining returns. There's no difference.

The only people who are making money mining (and who are legit) are people with the kinds of mining costs that Icelanders have, and if your costs are next to zero and DGB is much more profitable than BTC, then you turn those miners on DGB.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-25/trip-through-bitcoin-mines

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:42:59 PM

Perhaps if DGB had some form of anonymous transactions it might help to raise it's profile, particularly if it used a different method to the current anonymous coins like DASH (still the worst name ever) or Monero.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:45:50 PM

Seems like much too large of a community to see the price down so low, no?
yes and no. Nobody is too keen to push the price up while so much dgb appears to be being dumped at market. We would rather buy up what is being dumped at silly prices, I guess.

Price will never be organic as long as the industrial miners are allowed to mine. It's the epitome of fact confirming theory- centralization doesn't work in a decentralized world.

EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

qubit miners are the ones rubbing their hands together with glee,as it looks to me. I don't know, but maybe it could even be mined profitably using cloud services.

A few weeks ago I tried qubit ... just for fun.  I didn't get nearly the same rewards as with my scrypt rig.  But, I have a nice scrypt rig - so maybe I'm just spoiled.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

Price will never be organic as long as the industrial miners are allowed to mine.

The only way to fight that is to eliminate SHA & SCRYPT and be prepared to keep changing the others (algorithms) every time a new one becomes ASIC mineable.  This is not too hard to do, it just means committing to (potentially) regular hard forks although in practice since the development time for ASICs is quite long and costly it would not be that often.  

Furthermore I personally think if this is done it would also make sense to revert to a single GPU/CPU algorithm.  The multi-algorithm approach doesn't really bring enough advantages (IMO) for the added complexity and confusion it causes.  I personally think that the switch to multi-algo has actually been detrimental to DGB - although it seemed like a good idea at the time.  The only other coin that used multiple algos, MYRIAD, is basically dead and I don't think that is a coincidence.  People like to know how much mining is costing them and this approach makes these calculations much more opaque and difficult to do.
plumptoiletduck

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:11:20 PM

Thanks to everyone who has already posted and sent messages regarding the DGB Gaming Wallet press release.  The press release has been a very successful project.

I'm happy to announce that the press release was published today on CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/digital-currency-online-gaming-digibyte-wallet/

The people at CoinDesk were great - gracious, helpful, and supportive.  Please show them some love by using those social media links (they add those to every press release).  Share it, like it, etc..

I want to extend my personal thanks to everyone who contributed to the project: frottirzokni, 24hralttrade, benjamoyne, CryptoRaver, Eric, and 4 anonymous contributions. We have such a great DGB community.  we raised over 700,000 DGB from community contributions, and I'm also happy to announce that we will be able to return approximately 25% of the contributions.  The unused DGB will be divided proportionally based on the percent of your original contribution and returned (probably tomorrow or Friday at the latest).

We have lots to celebrate with all the good news and ongoing DGB development.  Not only the press release for the DGB Gaming Wallet, but the upcoming video announcements, ongoing development, and exceptional community support for DigiByte.

Thanks to all of you.

Cheers,

Eric

That's one Bad Ass write up! Will the person who wrote that please stand up and take a bow?

And with all that DigiByte is, how in the world can it be trading at 26 SAT  Huh  Huh  Huh

I think we'd better take a real good hard look at just who is capable of mining and selling at those levels and then addressing the issue as directly and decisively as possible (putting another feather in DGB's cap at the same time). Let's just do it. It's a real issue that must be addressed and the sooner the better.

Cheers, and, again, who wrote that?!?!?!?!

Great job!

I forgot to mention how professional the press release write up was. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job! (I suspect Eric).
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:57:13 PM

Price will never be organic as long as the industrial miners are allowed to mine.

The only way to fight that is to eliminate SHA & SCRYPT and be prepared to keep changing the others (algorithms) every time a new one becomes ASIC mineable.  This is not too hard to do, it just means committing to (potentially) regular hard forks although in practice since the development time for ASICs is quite long and costly it would not be that often.  

Furthermore I personally think if this is done it would also make sense to revert to a single GPU/CPU algorithm.  The multi-algorithm approach doesn't really bring enough advantages (IMO) for the added complexity and confusion it causes.  I personally think that the switch to multi-algo has actually been detrimental to DGB - although it seemed like a good idea at the time.  The only other coin that used multiple algos, MYRIAD, is basically dead and I don't think that is a coincidence.  People like to know how much mining is costing them and this approach makes these calculations much more opaque and difficult to do.

The blocks times will not be as good as they are with multi-algo compared with single algo. I agree that reason price is low and will stay low is because of SHA and Scrypt multi pools but this will only be a issue for next 4 years. Also no point pumping price because it will be dumped back down again.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:06:28 PM

A few weeks ago I tried qubit ... just for fun.  I didn't get nearly the same rewards as with my scrypt rig.  But, I have a nice scrypt rig - so maybe I'm just spoiled.
I was thinking in terms of power use really.
http://www.whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&scryptf=true&factor[scrypt_hash_rate]=1000.0&factor[scrypt_power]=380.0&qk=true&factor[qk_hr]=15.34&factor[qk_p]=266.0&cha17f=true&factor[cha17_hr]=60.0&factor[cha17_p]=228&cha16f=true&factor[cha16_hr]=400.0&factor[cha16_p]=228&x11f=true&factor[x11_hr]=5600.0&factor[x11_p]=266.0&x13f=true&factor[x13_hr]=4000.0&factor[x13_p]=266.0&cn=true&factor[cn_hr]=640.0&factor[cn_p]=304.0&adapt=true&factor[cost]=0.1&commit=Calculate&sort=Profitability24&volume=&revenue=24h&keccakf=true&factor[keccak_hr]=480.0&factor[keccak_p]=304.0&grof=true&factor[gro_hr]=15.0&factor[gro_p]=228.0&wx=true&factor[wx_hr]=130&factor[wx_p]=228&ns=true&factor[ns_hr]=410&factor[ns_p]=228&lre=true&factor[lre_hr]=1150.0&factor[lre_p]=228.0&qb=true&factor[qb_hr]=16.85&factor[qb_p]=266.0
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:05:57 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 07:23:22 AM by HR

The only other coin that used multiple algos, MYRIAD, is basically dead and I don't think that is a coincidence.

After the euphoric phase, it's no coincidence that DGB has come back down to MYR levels. Being that they are both highly exposed to sha and scrypt, it's not only not surprising, it's to be expected if my thesis is correct that the issue is industrial sha and scrypt mining. Long term averages are what the are, and when you look at coinwarz AND PLUG IN REAL FIGURES, DGB and MYR are among the most profitble using sha and scrypt (MYR anyway - they still haven't upgraded DGB so you have to compare DGB with MYR on whattomine.com in the other algos since whattomine doesn't have sha - or just do it in your own).

BTW, it looks like Digitalcoin has gone multi algo too, so we have another canary in the coal mine to watch.

thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:30:58 AM

The blocks times will not be as good as they are with multi-algo compared with single algo. I agree that reason price is low and will stay low is because of SHA and Scrypt multi pools but this will only be a issue for next 4 years. Also no point pumping price because it will be dumped back down again.

Right! the question is: what is the prime purpose, high pricing and gains or  stability and usability. Its very easy to bring out a coin mine it pump it and let it die. But if the goal is long term usability you need supply. Otherwise the price will be a rollercoaster when adoption starts, the only investors you attract then are daytraders.
Everyone that invests in DGB invests in a coin that has a usage pupose, that said price is irrelevant at the moment. The more miners you attract the more security you bring to the chain so multialgo served that purpose. Sure security can be further improved by changing some parameters and probably will be changed. Price will level out  to a point where supply and demand meet. That's a general market priciple that is often overruled by greed on the short term.

TamiLee

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:40:00 AM

Right! the question is: what is the prime purpose, high pricing and gains or  stability and usability. Its very easy to bring out a coin mine it pump it and let it die. But if the goal is long term usability you need supply. Otherwise the price will be a rollercoaster when adoption starts, the only investors you attract then are daytraders.
Everyone that invests in DGB invests in a coin that has a usage pupose, that said price is irrelevant at the moment. The more miners you attract the more security you bring to the chain so multialgo served that purpose. Sure security can be further improved by changing some parameters and probably will be changed. Price will level out  to a point where supply and demand meet. That's a general market priciple that is often overruled by greed.

My only concern is from watching a video posted on guldencoin ANN where presenter says he expect 1000s of new currencies a day to be created and I just hope market doesn't get saturated to where currencies with lots of coins lose out. It's very easy to create coin but not easy to make coin useful and why I see many of same people buying DGB and NLG. I think the people with the brains are investing in these two coins while the rest are in for pump and dump trading.
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:15:34 AM

for eveyone's information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:21:04 AM

The only other coin that used multiple algos, MYRIAD, is basically dead and I don't think that is a coincidence.

After the euphoric phase, it's no coincidence that DGB has come back down to MYR levels. Being that they are both highly exposed to sha and scrypt, it's not only not surprising, it's to be expected if my thesis is correct that the issue is industrial sha and scrypt mining. Long term averages are what the are, and when you look at coinwarz AND PLUG IN REAL FIGURES, DGB and MYR are among the most profitble using sha and scrypt (MYR anyway - they still haven't upgraded DGB so you have to compare DGB with MYR on whattomine.com in the other algos since whattomine doesn't have sha - or just do it in your own).

BTW, it looks like Digitalcoin has gone multi algo too, so we have another canary in the coal mine to watch.
whattomine does have sha, you need to select ASIC from top of screen.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:33:53 AM

Let me understand.
Some of you are speculating having multiple algos to select is causing the price to go down?
Did you fall down from your chair as a child?

I never mined DGB as long as it was scrypt-only and I had no interest in it.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:26:15 AM

Let me understand.
Some of you are speculating having multiple algos to select is causing the price to go down?
Did you fall down from your chair as a child?

I never mined DGB as long as it was scrypt-only and I had no interest in it.
It's not really speculation, I've been pointing the finger ever since I arrived here but was probably being very optimistic in believing that maybe we had a chance of attracting many many small home users with asics.
It is the asic part of the multiple algos and the fact that the little guy really has not got a chance against the power houses of mining farms in this area. This is certainly a battle that we will not win. I estimate that maybe as much as 20TH/s belongs to what I consider the true DigiByte community, anything above that are probably opportunists and I wouldn't say they had our best interests at heart.
1. They take the lion share of the asic rewards and normally control more than 51% of the algorithm they are mining on.
2. They ensure that DigiByte is not profitable when compared to Bitcoin or Litecoin by keeping the average asic mining level above a certain threshold also making it unlikely that we can attract any asic minning from little guys at home.
3. They deliberately dump the coins they have mined to keep DigiByte in check.

This picture does need some serious scrutiny for sure.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:10:45 AM

How about this for an experiment; everybody that considers themselves to be part of the true Digibyte community ' the knights' move into the official pool digihash for the weekend and lets see what we have.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:57:10 AM

whattomine does have sha, you need to select ASIC from top of screen.

Thank you Jumbley for correcting that gross oversight on my part.

As for moving my hash to Digihash, unfortunately I have everything shut down for the summer. I can normally justify mining at a loss since my time horizon is long term, but adding to that the heat my cards would have to suffer in summer is just too much.   Sad

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:15:06 AM

Question: if I were to buy a scrypt or sha ASIC miner NEW, not used, what would you recommend?

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:21:10 PM

Ready to go. Any final suggestions?

http://asistec-ti.com/tba/midyearreport2015.htm

TamiLee

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:31:00 PM

Question: if I were to buy a scrypt or sha ASIC miner NEW, not used, what would you recommend?

Only buy miner for purpose of securing DGB network because buying coins for same price on market will get many more coins for you unless you have free electricity.
Pages: « 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: