Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058428 times)
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:15:27 PM

Lots of reasonable arguments regarding the 144 year production life.

I'm on the fence for now. It's a tough call.

Certainly is! Possibly haven't had as much fun since 1992 when Britain pulled out of the EMU.  Grin

It's a rock and a hard place. I'm pretty sure DigiByte would probably lose a lot of dedicated friendly mining as a consequence and we desperately need that but at the same time, it is something that the DigiByte developers could do because they can't force people to buy,mine, hold and support DigiByte.

I've been staying out of the conversation because I will support whatever decision Jared makes.  Still, I obviously have my opinions. I was opposed (prior to the video).  But, the more I thought about it, the less I worried one way or the other.  Mostly I believe this is a question about if DGB should conform to the current altcoin "aura popularis."

We can't influence the real supply and demand.  We can only adjust the supply schedule (or I suppose the demand schedule if we are active buyers).

I'm not sure that we would lose dedicated, friendly miners.  Maybe some.  But, I hope that people who are serious supporters of DGB would continue to support the coin.  It might even help work against the non-committed miners who just mine whatever coin is the most profitable.  I think, in theory, reducing supply might benefit ASIC miners more than others.  ASICs are far more power efficient per GH than GPU mining.  So, it could lead to greater centralization of mining power.

Reducing the mining rewards (even slightly) would increase the cost of production per DGB.  In other words, my electricity bill is not going to go down, so if I receive fewer coins per day, it costs more for me to mine each individual DGB.  From a practical standpoint this could have numerous effects (both positive and negative) on the price.  I guess, in theory, it would create a new price equilibrium between the supply schedule and demand schedule.  But, there's no reason that the actual exchange price would adjust to that new equilibrium point (unless we're talking about in the indefinite long term).  It could lower the number of people mining DGB in multipools (the non-dedicated group who just autosell), because it could make DGB less profitable than other coins in the pool; but if it triggers a rise in price to match the new cost of production, then the same people would just jump back in and mine DGB when it's profitable again.  But, all this assumes that people who mine are the predominate suppliers.  If we include traders, we have a different set of supply and demand curves based on significantly different objectives (often different slopes as far as I can tell).  Honestly, there's no reason to attempt to guess what effects it would have.  It's just guessing.  Even if it's educated guessing.

The real question should be if it is the right decision to make for the long term benefit of DGB development and deployment.  If the answer to that question is "yes" - then I think it would benefit both traders and miners in the long term.
One of the issues I have with all this; is that Bitcoin is more profitable to mine, it has been since as far back as I can remember, but the mining stays pretty constant when averaged over time. I guess it could be a liquidity reason as Bitcoin blocks can sometimes take days to find and perhaps by mining DigiByte, smaller but more frequent payments are achieved when immediately exchanged. If somehow mining revenue was awarded on a weekly basis, I'd have my answer.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 10:31:48 PM

From a practical standpoint this could have numerous effects (both positive and negative) on the price.  I guess, in theory, it would create a new price equilibrium between the supply schedule and demand schedule.  But, there's no reason that the actual exchange price would adjust to that new equilibrium point (unless we're talking about in the indefinite long term).  It could lower the number of people mining DGB in multipools (the non-dedicated group who just autosell), because it could make DGB less profitable than other coins in the pool; but if it triggers a rise in price to match the new cost of production, then the same people would just jump back in and mine DGB when it's profitable again. 
Six one, a half dozen the other. It's like flipping a coin.

But, all this assumes that people who mine are the predominate suppliers.  If we include traders, we have a different set of supply and demand curves based on significantly different objectives (often different slopes as far as I can tell).  Honestly, there's no reason to attempt to guess what effects it would have.  It's just guessing.  Even if it's educated guessing.
And perhaps without rhyme or reason, I agree.

The real question should be if it is the right decision to make for the long term benefit of DGB development and deployment.  If the answer to that question is "yes" - then I think it would benefit both traders and miners in the long term.
I agree 100%.

hardcoreprime

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:00:43 AM

Hey Guys,  The block explorer is not working  http://digiexplorer.info/ and neither is the digibyte node map  http://dgbmap.com/

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 03:15:27 AM

Hey Guys,  The block explorer is not working  http://digiexplorer.info/ and neither is the digibyte node map  http://dgbmap.com/

We are working on getting DigiExplorer back online. Stay tuned.

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:46:46 AM

http://dgbmap.com/ not working.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 06:32:59 AM

Digistats.info

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:35:30 AM

Only a 1.3% "Failed Delivery / Undeliverable" rate on the last round!   Smiley

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:49:04 AM

Certainly is! Possibly haven't had as much fun since 1992 when Britain pulled out of the EMU.  Grin

It's a rock and a hard place. I'm pretty sure DigiByte would probably lose a lot of dedicated friendly mining as a consequence and we desperately need that but at the same time, it is something that the DigiByte developers could do because they can't force people to buy,mine, hold and support DigiByte.

I've been staying out of the conversation because I will support whatever decision Jared makes.  Still, I obviously have my opinions. I was opposed (prior to the video).  But, the more I thought about it, the less I worried one way or the other.  Mostly I believe this is a question about if DGB should conform to the current altcoin "aura popularis."

We can't influence the real supply and demand.  We can only adjust the supply schedule (or I suppose the demand schedule if we are active buyers).

I'm not sure that we would lose dedicated, friendly miners.  Maybe some.  But, I hope that people who are serious supporters of DGB would continue to support the coin.  It might even help work against the non-committed miners who just mine whatever coin is the most profitable.  I think, in theory, reducing supply might benefit ASIC miners more than others.  ASICs are far more power efficient per GH than GPU mining.  So, it could lead to greater centralization of mining power.

Reducing the mining rewards (even slightly) would increase the cost of production per DGB.  In other words, my electricity bill is not going to go down, so if I receive fewer coins per day, it costs more for me to mine each individual DGB.  From a practical standpoint this could have numerous effects (both positive and negative) on the price.  I guess, in theory, it would create a new price equilibrium between the supply schedule and demand schedule.  But, there's no reason that the actual exchange price would adjust to that new equilibrium point (unless we're talking about in the indefinite long term).  It could lower the number of people mining DGB in multipools (the non-dedicated group who just autosell), because it could make DGB less profitable than other coins in the pool; but if it triggers a rise in price to match the new cost of production, then the same people would just jump back in and mine DGB when it's profitable again.  But, all this assumes that people who mine are the predominate suppliers.  If we include traders, we have a different set of supply and demand curves based on significantly different objectives (often different slopes as far as I can tell).  Honestly, there's no reason to attempt to guess what effects it would have.  It's just guessing.  Even if it's educated guessing.

The real question should be if it is the right decision to make for the long term benefit of DGB development and deployment.  If the answer to that question is "yes" - then I think it would benefit both traders and miners in the long term.

I would suggest waiting to see how the change affects guldencoin and myraid coin.

My personal view because guldencoin has no dedicated mining it will work for them, it actually might be better for dedicated miners after the change because it won't be profitable for multi pools.
myraid coin it will be a bad move because most of their support is mining and the trade volume will most likely dry up as a result and lead to removal from exchanges after the initial pump and dump.

Digibyte has both miners and investors so the decision needs to be a lot more thought out.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:14:39 AM

Digistats.info
A brilliant community site, bitkapp needs some big tips!
http://www.digistats.info/#/charts
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:19:37 AM

Certainly is! Possibly haven't had as much fun since 1992 when Britain pulled out of the EMU.  Grin

I've been staying out of the conversation because I will support whatever decision Jared makes.  Still, I obviously have my opinions. I was opposed (prior to the video).  But, the more I thought about it, the less I worried one way or the other.  Mostly I believe this is a question about if DGB should conform to the current altcoin "aura popularis."

We can't influence the real supply and demand.  We can only adjust the supply schedule (or I suppose the demand schedule if we are active buyers).

I'm not sure that we would lose dedicated, friendly miners.  Maybe some.  But, I hope that people who are serious supporters of DGB would continue to support the coin.  It might even help work against the non-committed miners who just mine whatever coin is the most profitable.  I think, in theory, reducing supply might benefit ASIC miners more than others.  ASICs are far more power efficient per GH than GPU mining.  So, it could lead to greater centralization of mining power.

Reducing the mining rewards (even slightly) would increase the cost of production per DGB.  In other words, my electricity bill is not going to go down, so if I receive fewer coins per day, it costs more for me to mine each individual DGB.  From a practical standpoint this could have numerous effects (both positive and negative) on the price.  I guess, in theory, it would create a new price equilibrium between the supply schedule and demand schedule.  But, there's no reason that the actual exchange price would adjust to that new equilibrium point (unless we're talking about in the indefinite long term).  It could lower the number of people mining DGB in multipools (the non-dedicated group who just autosell), because it could make DGB less profitable than other coins in the pool; but if it triggers a rise in price to match the new cost of production, then the same people would just jump back in and mine DGB when it's profitable again.  But, all this assumes that people who mine are the predominate suppliers.  If we include traders, we have a different set of supply and demand curves based on significantly different objectives (often different slopes as far as I can tell).  Honestly, there's no reason to attempt to guess what effects it would have.  It's just guessing.  Even if it's educated guessing.

The real question should be if it is the right decision to make for the long term benefit of DGB development and deployment.  If the answer to that question is "yes" - then I think it would benefit both traders and miners in the long term.

I would suggest waiting to see how the change affects guldencoin and myraid coin.

My personal view because guldencoin has no dedicated mining it will work for them, it actually might be better for dedicated miners after the change because it won't be profitable for multi pools.
myraid coin it will be a bad move because most of their support is mining and the trade volume will most likely dry up as a result and lead to removal from exchanges after the initial pump and dump.

Digibyte has both miners and investors so the decision needs to be a lot more thought out.

If you are correct, dedicated Myriad miners should switch to DigiByte now.
Personally, I just don't buy this ' pools mining for best profit'. I think these guys are being duped, while their power is set against us to support Bitcoin.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 08:38:51 AM

Awesome work HR! Thats a good list of emails you have over there with only 1.3% failed delivery.
I'm curious what email you are sending to them? ( Maybe you posted it before and i missed it because if whas afk for some weeks)

Thanks for the dedicated work as always!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:41:05 AM

If you are correct, dedicated Myriad miners should switch to DigiByte now.
Personally, I just don't buy this ' pools mining for best profit'. I think these guys are being duped, while their power is set against us to support Bitcoin.

For certain algorithms you will get more miners coming from myraidcoin. I don't think SHA and Scrypt mining will increase because multipools dominate those 2 algorithms so just no way to compete.
You are correct that most sha and scrypt miners only care about getting btc out of digibyte, which is why it will be hard for major price increases in the near term. Even if big investor comes and pumps coin to 50 multi pools will dump that 50 down back under 30 unless many big investors keep buying up coins every day.

It is also a spiral effect because many people buying now will also dump out at a price of 50 as it's almost 100% increase in ROI, so it's not just the miners, but if digibyte start getting a 1000 news users every month then the price will go above 100 even with all the dumps.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 09:12:05 AM

We need more believers/holders/miners, Push out the multipools with the dedicated community mining power and give the Digibytes back to them!

I think this will come in time when Digibyte is more evolved and more merchants accepting Digibyte -> more reasons to hold Digibyte and not sell them straight away!
For now i think we need to stand our ground and fight against the suckers.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

Awesome work HR! Thats a good list of emails you have over there with only 1.3% failed delivery.
I'm curious what email you are sending to them? ( Maybe you posted it before and i missed it because if whas afk for some weeks)

Thanks for the dedicated work as always!

Thanks for the support. It's much appreciated.  Smiley

Here's the link to the final copy for the email that I've sent. http://asistec-ti.com/tba/midyearreport2015.htm

Cheers

hardcoreprime

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:34:50 AM

Digistats.info

Great work on Digistats.info!!! 

Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:45:08 AM

We need more believers/holders/miners, Push out the multipools with the dedicated community mining power and give the Digibytes back to them!

I think this will come in time when Digibyte is more evolved and more merchants accepting Digibyte -> more reasons to hold Digibyte and not sell them straight away!
For now i think we need to stand our ground and fight against the suckers.

I agree completely , since last 2 months i'm DGB believers and holders. I tried to buy DGB everyday and hold em  Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Hegemon

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:13:01 PM

Digireport needs more views, since we have some contents we all have to diffuse it.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:13:41 PM

Digireport needs more views, since we have some contents we all have to diffuse it.

I can do a payd ad on Digibyte FB. 
How do we set the viewers target?
BTC,??,??

Hegemon

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:35:14 PM

Was you the ad last time ? How did you set it ?
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 02:42:24 PM

Was you the ad last time ? How did you set it ?

BTC,crypto currency,Gamers,Games etc. But thats for the gaming wallet.
This needs other targets i think.

Pages: « 1 ... 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: