Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:27:27 PM

Looking forward to the first DigiKnow video on friday...... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJjfDUzD7M
I'm curious about it. tick tack tick tack  Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:32:06 PM

Looking forward to the first DigiKnow video on friday...... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJjfDUzD7M
I'm curious about it. tick tack tick tack  Grin
Maybe I was wrong about it being friday, I can't remember where I got that impression. Still looking forward to it though.
MemberCount+1

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:53:44 PM

Maybe I was wrong about it being friday, I can't remember where I got that impression. Still looking forward to it though.
I help you  Wink  in the DigiReport #3 at ~2:30min
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:23:18 PM

I help you  Wink  in the DigiReport #3 at ~2:30min
That's it, thought I was going crazy for a moment there..... well more crazy. Grin
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:54:04 PM

Having received communications from Jared, I know now the first DigiKnow has been pulled for the time being, he’s not quite ready to release the content in its current format. However he added, the DigiReport is ready to go!   …..so looking forward to that and I’m sure the first DigiKnow will follow in good time. 
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:15:45 AM

Having received communications from Jared, I know now the first DigiKnow has been pulled for the time being, he’s not quite ready to release the content in its current format. However he added, the DigiReport is ready to go!   …..so looking forward to that and I’m sure the first DigiKnow will follow in good time. 

What is DigiKnow meant to be?
shamn85

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:40:12 PM

what happened with digiexplorer? Seems down, my gaming wallet cannot sync.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:43:15 PM

What is DigiKnow meant to be?
I believe DigiKnow is to be a series of 'How to' videos with information and tips for users of DigiByte.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:45:28 PM

currently seeing 502 bad gateway!
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 01:12:25 PM

currently seeing 502 bad gateway!

Reported

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:33:03 PM

500,000 DGB @ House of Blue Jeans  Grin
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:47:51 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 11:50:39 PM by Jumbley

I thought I might share my thoughts with the community, It’s the next craziest thing to talking to yourself, I feel.
Nobody is mining DGB for profit at the moment, it simply is not profitable!
So why I am so desperate to get thousands of little, educational, hobbyist miners paying more for the electricity they consume than the coin they mine is currently being sold for at market?
I've said it before and I will say it again. Our mining network speed is so small that it allows people to take advantage of us. A lot of the time someone points a lot of mining power at it to make sure it is not profitable and move profit seeking miners out of the picture, I don’t miss these guys because they were probably going to sell their dgb immediately anyway. When it is safe to do so, the big miner pulls back his mining and continues to mine as much coin as he can at lower difficulty. When people realise that once again there is a chance of making a better profit than BTC the power comes on again and the cycle is repeated.

Because, I believe, the people that do this do not care much for DGB, in fact I believe they deliberately want to pin it down. They sell their DGB at whatever the market price is, continually pushing the price further down. Every time someone gets near attracted to DGB and puts some BTC up, someone snatches it off them like DGB is on the way out. Trading only compounds these issues because most traders do not care about the health of the digibyte network either and are happy to shift 20 to 25 sat all day long or 15 to 20, the point is, it does not matter to them.

Everyone has their part to play in a ‘true community’ but there should not be much to do down here other than mine and hold if you can and hoard if you really can't. What you should not be doing is selling DGB at the moment, not if you believe in it and as you might be able to judge I do.
What I would like to see is; as many people as is possible join our community and become knights, spending a few pence a day in energy on top of a modest outlay for say a raspberry pi and a stick miner as they educate themselves about blockchain technology and understand why it is going to change the world we live in and only for the better if we are true to ourselves and stand together like a community should. If while mining you also buy at least as much as you mine, you will really be helping to put the pressure on as well as increasing your  'long term' rewards.
We pride ourselves on the fact that DigiByte is for everyone because so little on this planet is!
Please help us try to change that.
Here is a competition, anyone can take part but there will be a considerable bonus for the winner if they are mining in our official DigiByte pool.
https://digibytegroup.com/project/contest-august-2015/

and here is some useful information to help you if you consider becoming a knight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLDrSiI_ic  
4:33  
http://digihash.co/getting_started    
Digibyte sha-256

and if you happen to be a much larger miner with your own power production facilities and share our vision for a better future too, of course you are very welcome here as well.

Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:09:22 AM

one day there will be small efficient miners massively distributed all over the world in everyday products mining what today looks like bitcoin, that's where the investment is going. It is going there because that is where there is a network speed that puts it out of reach of the most sophisticated super computers of today. If it can mine bitcoin it can mine DigiByte, with five different algorithms, this holds true for almost any mined crypto currency!
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:00:39 AM

Jumbley dgb will have it's time in 5 years .  The main issue is that on the 3 non scrypt algorithms if you know what you doing you can use USB asic. This makes electricity costs very cheap. Even some scrypt and sha miners are mining with very low energy costs. Even at a price of 10 they will make a btc profit, but you are correct most miners only care about btc.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:58:07 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 06:09:47 AM by o0o0

I thought I might share my thoughts with the community, It’s the next craziest thing to talking to yourself, I feel.
So why I am so desperate to get thousands of little, educational, hobbyist miners paying more for the electricity they consume than the coin they mine is currently being sold for at market?
I've said it before and I will say it again. Our mining network speed is so small that it allows people to take advantage of us. A lot of the time someone points a lot of mining power at it to make sure it is not profitable and move profit seeking miners out of the picture, I don’t miss these guys because they were probably going to sell their dgb immediately anyway. When it is safe to do so, the big miner pulls back his mining and continues to mine as much coin as he can at lower difficulty. When people realise that once again there is a chance of making a better profit than BTC the power comes on again and the cycle is repeated.

Because, I believe, the people that do this do not care much for DGB, in fact I believe they deliberately want to pin it down. They sell their DGB at whatever the market price is, continually pushing the price further down. Every time someone gets near attracted to DGB and puts some BTC up, someone snatches it off them like DGB is on the way out. Trading only compounds these issues because most traders do not care about the health of the digibyte network either and are happy to shift 20 to 25 sat all day long or 15 to 20, the point is, it does not matter to them.

Everyone has their part to play in a ‘true community’ but there should not be much to do down here other than mine and hold if you can and hoard if you really can't. What you should not be doing is selling DGB at the moment, not if you believe in it and as you might be able to judge I do.
What I would like to see is; as many people as is possible join our community and become knights, spending a few pence a day in energy on top of a modest outlay for say a raspberry pi and a stick miner as they educate themselves about blockchain technology and understand why it is going to change the world we live in and only for the better if we are true to ourselves and stand together like a community should. If while mining you also buy at least as much as you mine, you will really be helping to put the pressure on as well as increasing your  'long term' rewards.
We pride ourselves on the fact that DigiByte is for everyone because so little on this planet is!
Here is a competition, anyone can take part but there will be a considerable bonus for the winner if they are mining in our official DigiByte pool.

and here is some useful information to help you if you consider becoming a knight.
Digibyte sha-256

and if you happen to be a much larger miner with your own power production facilities and share our vision for a better future too, of course you are very welcome here as well.

This is just my opinion and its not in anyway a dig at you jumbley. I don't think there is an conspiracy to hold dgb down in price mining at a loss. There are so many altcoins nowadays that nobody cares against one nor wants to pin one down. What reigns supreme is money they make... the coins nobody cares for if easy enough to mine they see as an easy way to get more bitcoin.

This is the plain blatant truth about DGB and its not an attack but merely facts.
- There is way too many DGB produced per day per what is consumed in purchase. Supply far outweighs demand... its that simple.

Ok but the point is DGB is meant to be a micro payment amount so there has to be more of it.... so the only problem we have is oversupply and not enough demand... what drives demand? That's right people and services to consume and have the flow of this supply. Unfortunately DGB has neither of those at present. Its not an attack on it just the obvious like most coins... lots of wallets and dev but no actual dev in use. A coin with a wallet and programming projects around the currency are useless unless there is projects for use! a gaming wallet whilst nice is useless unless there are gaming services to use that said wallet and currency. You can't rely on others to make these the dev core needs to have something that paves the way and shows others it can be done. Why would I want to use DGB over say bitcoin, litecoin, netcoin etc? All are cryptos... blocktime isn't something large enough to win someone over.

- There is a lot of dumping on mining and not enough buying

This is a big problem I noticed and one of the main ones on why I exited a lot of my holdings. I love the digireport and what Jared does but i'm not confident enough in my wallet at present with the large supply to hold onto my coins. I actually made a smart move exited bought litecoin on the cheap sold on the high pump and invested into netcoin where I am staking each day a substantial amount. True at present netcoin is on par with DGB on services, both have good dev teams but my stake interest is somewhat protecting me on a price down spiral.

- Everyone get rasp pis or mine a little

This is partially a dead end. It'll help somewhat for the tech savy but be useless en mass. I'm not sure why my suggestion was ignored many times for this.... I identified the issue a while ago as I saw the sell patterns. If you want to distribute the wealth and curb the mining issue for the bigger people then integrate a miner in the wallet. Everyone has a PC, 90% don't have the knowledge or interest in getting an asic, setting it up then paying power to mine. Those that do is icing on the cake and keep up your motivation for them but it needs to be easy and available.

You want to fight the miners and you want masses to use it? Then put the miner in the friggen wallet Smiley 1 button that says start coin making and have the slider on 20% default for cpu / gpu usage. Have the wallet detect the users graphics card and work like this

if(graphics card detected >= GeForce 650)
{
mine using quibit (set to 30% gpu)
}
else
{
mine using cpu algorithm (use 20% cpu)
}

have a slider that lets them drag from 20% to 80% and let the wallet do the rest. If you want the masses to adopt then why don't you want the masses to secure more coins? people love free stuff.... and whilst it uses elec they have it being consumed by pc anyway then give them the chance to make more coins.....

Ask yourself this... if people have to buy coins and can't make them themselves for next to free.... then why should they buy dgb over other coins? Most are more profitable and that's what drives people.... profit in the form of goods buying or fiat return. I'm not going to say anymore as I sound like I broken pathetic record now. I still do like DGB's direction but at its current form I am not personally desiring to get more of it. I am however watching for that turning point to jump back in big.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:47:15 AM

What I would like to see is; as many people as is possible join our community and become knights, spending a few pence a day in energy on top of a modest outlay for say a raspberry pi and a stick miner as they educate themselves about blockchain technology and understand why it is going to change the world we live in and only for the better if we are true to ourselves and stand together like a community should. If while mining you also buy at least as much as you mine, you will really be helping to put the pressure on as well as increasing your  'long term' rewards.

Digibyte sha-256

This is just my opinion and its not in anyway a dig at you jumbley. I don't think there is an conspiracy to hold dgb down in price mining at a loss. There are so many altcoins nowadays that nobody cares against one nor wants to pin one down. What reigns supreme is money they make... the coins nobody cares for if easy enough to mine they see as an easy way to get more bitcoin.

This is the plain blatant truth about DGB and its not an attack but merely facts.
- There is way too many DGB produced per day per what is consumed in purchase. Supply far outweighs demand... its that simple.

Ok but the point is DGB is meant to be a micro payment amount so there has to be more of it.... so the only problem we have is oversupply and not enough demand... what drives demand? That's right people and services to consume and have the flow of this supply. Unfortunately DGB has neither of those at present. Its not an attack on it just the obvious like most coins... lots of wallets and dev but no actual dev in use. A coin with a wallet and programming projects around the currency are useless unless there is projects for use! a gaming wallet whilst nice is useless unless there are gaming services to use that said wallet and currency. You can't rely on others to make these the dev core needs to have something that paves the way and shows others it can be done. Why would I want to use DGB over say bitcoin, litecoin, netcoin etc? All are cryptos... blocktime isn't something large enough to win someone over.

- There is a lot of dumping on mining and not enough buying

This is a big problem I noticed and one of the main ones on why I exited a lot of my holdings. I love the digireport and what Jared does but i'm not confident enough in my wallet at present with the large supply to hold onto my coins. I actually made a smart move exited bought litecoin on the cheap sold on the high pump and invested into netcoin where I am staking each day a substantial amount. True at present netcoin is on par with DGB on services, both have good dev teams but my stake interest is somewhat protecting me on a price down spiral.

This is partially a dead end. It'll help somewhat for the tech savy but be useless en mass. I'm not sure why my suggestion was ignored many times for this.... I identified the issue a while ago as I saw the sell patterns. If you want to distribute the wealth and curb the mining issue for the bigger people then integrate a miner in the wallet. Everyone has a PC, 90% don't have the knowledge or interest in getting an asic, setting it up then paying power to mine. Those that do is icing on the cake and keep up your motivation for them but it needs to be easy and available.

You want to fight the miners and you want masses to use it? Then put the miner in the friggen wallet Smiley 1 button that says start coin making and have the slider on 20% default for cpu / gpu usage. Have the wallet detect the users graphics card and work like this

{
}
else
{
}

have a slider that lets them drag from 20% to 80% and let the wallet do the rest. If you want the masses to adopt then why don't you want the masses to secure more coins? people love free stuff.... and whilst it uses elec they have it being consumed by pc anyway then give them the chance to make more coins.....

Ask yourself this... if people have to buy coins and can't make them themselves for next to free.... then why should they buy dgb over other coins? Most are more profitable and that's what drives people.... profit in the form of goods buying or fiat return. I'm not going to say anymore as I sound like I broken pathetic record now. I still do like DGB's direction but at its current form I am not personally desiring to get more of it. I am however watching for that turning point to jump back in big.

I would suggest we wait to see how the change works for guldencoin, they have a exceptionally smart development team and aren't just good devs but know basic market fundamentals. They keeping total supply at 1.68 billion but releasing the coin at at a more stable rate.  It might not mean a price increase for them but I believe it will give them a stable price with all the services and merchants they have.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:01:12 AM

Holy shit. I don't count anymore how many times I wrote this. I understand in your 'core miner' mindset it might sound as nonsense so I'll try to be clear.

We occasional miners don't give a fuck about the cost of electricity - our PCs are already turned on to do our work.

We occasional miners don't give a fuck about how much the crypto trades because we don't trade it, we have better things to do rather than looking at the ticker. Such as having ways to spend what we get.

Occasional miners don't get in the game as it's too complicated. There's no central repository of information, no easy way to understand if everything is working right. At least /r/digibyte is user friendly but those forums are basically useless.

And when one goes through all this, how is he rewarded? Legacy miners make my system very choppy. Sometimes I cannot even use notepad, let alone a full word processor. They impact my productivity which is my primary interest. That's why I am an occasional miner.

To that degree the DigiByte easy miner is sure a step in the right direction but that's still not enough. It must be clear that total hashrate isn't what concerns us. It is how much productivity I give up to mine something I want to just try.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:14:18 AM

Quoted for emphasis (albeit I disagree on having the miner in the wallet). Seriously, not even the gaming industry is successful in having consumers upgrade their GPUs, you guys have basically no chance.

{
}
else
{
}

You wish it could be so easy. Difficulty fluctuations happen all the time; the choice of algorithm is far from being this trivial, there has been some work.
Besides, GPU load% is a truly irrelevant metric, you can get 95% and be perfectly smooth, 98% being a bit off and 99% basically unusable. Scantime is a slightly more reliable metric but on modern GPUs that guarantees very little as well and when different driver versions enter the picture we're basically screwed.

Let me tell you guys, the gaming industry has tried to solve the issue of variable workloads (even though they run dedicated process most of the time) for at least a decade and the solutions are just not there yet. You cannot predict the performance of the next tick and by the time it gets choppy the damage is already done.

What you can do however is providing the slider you mention and informing the user what this slider does in concept.

Last time I used DigiByte easyminer, it pulled a config for me. Leaving aside it was far from optimal, it made my system quite choppy. Not unusable, but definitely not something I'd tolerate if not because I like DGB.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:00:37 PM

I would suggest we wait to see how the change works for guldencoin, they have a exceptionally smart development team and aren't just good devs but know basic market fundamentals. They keeping total supply at 1.68 billion but releasing the coin at at a more stable rate.  It might not mean a price increase for them but I believe it will give them a stable price with all the services and merchants they have.

Guldencoin is a country coin that allows Dutch people to use guldencoin when they travel at bitcoin merchants with app called Nocks. They don't need as much supply as Digibyte which is going for global reach. I think the digibyte price is nearing a bottom at the low 20s and further drops will mean it has been over sold.
MemberCount+1

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:27:52 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 03:39:07 PM by MemberCount+1

I think the digibyte price is nearing a bottom at the low 20s and further drops will mean it has been over sold.
I think we go to 15-17 sat. No interest on digibyte, millions of coins every day, and other projects are much more profitable. nobody needs a long time view atm in the cryptoworld. what is in 2 years or 3 years? nobody knows it. a big issue in my opinion is that everyone looks at the action of jared. this is a massiv pressure and on the other side a failure point. by the way, noblecoin has 2.5billion and stand at 7-8 sat. From this side, dgb is very overpriced.
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: