Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.com exchange Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin <-> USD\BTC (fee 0.2%)  (Read 264859 times)
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 01:47:37 PM

I can't seem to access my finances page or my profile page on BTC-e.  It gives me a message that says "to view this page requires your authorization" or something along those lines.  What can I do?  I want to continue using the site and access those pages.

Any solutions? 

Also, at what point can I participate in the chat?  It keeps saying I can't post until I'm not a newbie.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:52:08 PM

WARNING -- I lost access to my account all of a sudden over the weekend -- maybe it was hacked, maybe not, not sure -- but my password suddenly stopped working and the reset function claims a message was sent but either a) none was, or b) the email was also fraudulently changed. I emailed supprt @ btce and they never responded. I lost some NMC and BTC.

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:59:27 PM

WARNING -- I lost access to my account all of a sudden over the weekend -- maybe it was hacked, maybe not, not sure -- but my password suddenly stopped working and the reset function claims a message was sent but either a) none was, or b) the email was also fraudulently changed. I emailed supprt @ btce and they never responded. I lost some NMC and BTC.
Well, I don't have any experience like this, but for anyone who had a problem similar to mine above, I am able to access my profile now if I refresh the page which displays the authorization request. 

Refreshing the page works every time although i don't know why I need to do that.   A lot of problem with the exchanges these days, can only hope that is a good sign in the mid term.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

The fees are less than I would ever expect to have to deal with when moving fiat around. I would hardly call them "huge". If they are huge to you? Then you have bigger financial problems to worry about than a ~2 USD fee for withdrawing BTC/LTC.

The withdraw fee is ridiculous. It's like 3-4 people agree with me vs your saying it's not. It is. Do you know what it takes to mine a .5 LTC on a 850 khash/s mining rig? Like half a day to a day. The withdraw fee of .1 btc and fee of .5 ltc is ridiculously too high. Needs to be like 3/4 lower. Lets wait and find out what gox does, then we'll see who uses who from now on. Fees, Fees, and moar fees. Fee's are every where, like the banks and credit card company's. I don't mind the trading fee's at btc-e but the goddamn withdraw fees is just dumb.

Well, did you see how much fees the litecoin client asks for usually? That's the problem at current LTC prices. My mined coins must mature for quite a while before it allows me to send them to BTC-E without fees (and the minimum fee is 0.1 LTC ~40 cents last time I checked).

When you request a withdrawal, BTC-E can't wait and must send them to you right away with the fees expected by the network (or the client they used if they didn't invest time or money hacking it). So each withdrawal probably costs them in tx fees (maybe not 0.5LTC for a small TX, although it's exactly what my Litecoin client just asked for a ~19LTC tx which is kind of a smallish TX).
With the current LTC/USD price, I'm not sure 0.5LTC is much for an exchange anyway. If you are playing on exchanges with less than ~$100, you are wasting your time or just playing with a toy: 0.5LTC shouldn't be a problem unless you already have much bigger ones.

BTC-E hasn't much of a competition right now and they are a business so if some users are whining about fees they should ignore them and take the cash. If MtGox hacks a litecoin client and make the network accept fee-less TXs for withdrawals competition will drive the fees down. Don't expect miracles though: until the LTC network uses much lower fees withdrawals can't be expected to be free.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
huggybear

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:50:47 PM

any news about the email confirmation problem? i don't receive emails for 48 hours, so i can't withdraw.
it seems several user have the same problem. it wouldt be fantastic if btc-e can give one's view.

-i have already push the resent-button, more than once
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:44:11 PM

I can't withdraw coins because I'm not receiving the confirmation emails. It would be nice to get an update from BTC-E about this.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:10:08 PM

Well, I don't have any experience like this, but for anyone who had a problem similar to mine above, I am able to access my profile now if I refresh the page which displays the authorization request. 

Refreshing the page works every time although i don't know why I need to do that.   A lot of problem with the exchanges these days, can only hope that is a good sign in the mid term.

I had the exact same problem, I'd been furious all afternoon yesterday. Ill try when i get home. Thanks.
btc-e.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:41:05 PM

mail server works

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

mail server works

It does indeed, thanks!

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
btc-e.com (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:23:48 PM

mail server works

How many people's spam folders need to receive absolutely nothing from btc-e.com before you stop lying?

A lot of us are confirming this here:
https://btc-e.com/news/129

The language barrier excuse has gone way too far.

I'm going to have to request a scammer tag now.

-0.2032669 of my BTC are being held fraudulently by btc-e.com while they do nothing but claim fraudulently that "mail server works". Will update when their mail server ACTUALLY works and an email is ACTUALLY received that lets me withdraw my BTC to 1TBZYXjrGjXCEN1SprpF66Jzy5uN3GiLS.

check pm

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
OversightNL

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:25:12 PM

I lost 4.84 BTC, thanks to BTC-E.com Read full story here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170592.0

And yes I asked him to make it even... He didnt and posted parts of my chat on the forum. Nice person  Huh
OversightNL

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

Same happend here read my story and experience with "support".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170592.0
btc-e.com (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

Same happend here read my story and experience with "support".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170592.0

He extortionist

Mark Z (23:28:59 8/04/2013)
Out of fairness I will close topic and not come back not speak about it if you give me back my BTC

Mark Z (23:29:36 8/04/2013)
because if im not being compensated Ill just leave the topic open

Mark Z (23:31:34 8/04/2013)
Come on you make tons of money, at least make this right!

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:45:11 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 09:04:07 PM by TheButterZone

Finally, they removed my original email address and I was able to confirm my Gmail one and withdraw my BTC, but I don't understand why they can't work out what the problem is with non-gmail recipients not getting email anymore. The logs should say their messages were refused by the destination server because they are on a spam block list, or something to that effect. That's the message Neofutur got when he started his BTC alert system, and he was able to get taken off the list.

If we can only use G-spy-mail forevermore, screw that.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
blksith0

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:45:24 PM

BTC-e, give them back their money, what are you doing?
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:46:34 PM

Did you click any links in the trollbox ? Are you running Windows ? Could you've been infected with a trojan ?
Michael_S

Activity: 278

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:03:45 PM

I just opened an account at BTC-E.

First login was successful. After logging out, I tried to login again after some minutes. But I did not succeed - allegedly wrong password.
I tried 3 times, now the account is blocked for 30 min.

So I clicked "forgot password" and entered my email, but I did not receive any email with further instructions (I tried 2 times to no avail).
I also checked my spamfolder - no email received even after 40 minutes.

What's wrong - server overload or serious problem? (the website is otherwise responsive - no signs of an overload)
Despite their constant PR and support replies to the contrary, THEIR EMAILS ARE NOT GOING THROUGH 100%.
20 hours later - still the same: Login still fails (although using same password as in my first successful login - my browser remembered the password, so no way mistyping can be the cause), and I still don't get any email after submitting my email address from the "Forgot password?" button!

Fortunately I did not yet transfer any BTC funds to them yet - although I had already generated (and noted) my personal BTC address after my first login directly after account creation, so I COULD have transferred BTCs there already! - If I had done so, I could not get hold of my BTC funds now...

What am I supposed to think of all this? Is this the same scam (or incompetence) as "bitmarket.eu"?

Not very encouraging - I am wondering whether I should ever use this platform... maybe vircurex.com is the better choice (they are swiss, right? - slightly higher trading fees (0.5%), but that's worth paying - I learned also earlier that the "bitcoin.de" fees were worth paying compared to the fee-less "bitmarket.eu" scam)

OversightNL

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:04:35 PM

Did you click any links in the trollbox ? Are you running Windows ? Could you've been infected with a trojan ?

I dont think anno 2013 anyone will get tricked by a phishing attack or fake website. We aint stupid! Session stealer could but unlikely.

I honestly think it was a server exploit on BTC-E.com side. Reason he didnt respond to me for hours. just told me WAIT on ICQ, now he is calling me an extortionist. Ofcourse. I asked him to fix my issue and I am an extortionist? Thats stupid and inmature!

I would like my 4.84 BTC
btc-e.com (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

Why, then, once your account hacked?

OversightNL

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:07:21 PM

I just opened an account at BTC-E.

First login was successful. After logging out, I tried to login again after some minutes. But I did not succeed - allegedly wrong password.
I tried 3 times, now the account is blocked for 30 min.

So I clicked "forgot password" and entered my email, but I did not receive any email with further instructions (I tried 2 times to no avail).
I also checked my spamfolder - no email received even after 40 minutes.

What's wrong - server overload or serious problem? (the website is otherwise responsive - no signs of an overload)
Despite their constant PR and support replies to the contrary, THEIR EMAILS ARE NOT GOING THROUGH 100%.
20 hours later - still the same: Login still fails (although using same password as in my first successful login - my browser remembered the password, so no way mistyping can be the cause), and I still don't get any email after submitting my email address from the "Forgot password?" button!

Fortunately I did not yet transfer any BTC funds to them yet - although I had already generated (and noted) my personal BTC address after my first login directly after account creation, so I COULD have transferred BTCs there already! - If I had done so, I could not get hold of my BTC funds now...

What am I supposed to think of all this? Is this the same scam (or incompetence) as "bitmarket.eu"?

Not very encouraging - I am wondering whether I should ever use this platform... maybe vircurex.com is the better choice (they are swiss, right? - slightly higher trading fees (0.5%), but that's worth paying - I learned also earlier that the "bitcoin.de" fees were worth paying compared to the fee-less "bitmarket.eu" scam)

Well face it BTC-E.com is fun. The troll box etc. But if you are in the same boat as me. U just lost all your BTC. The reason he isnt replying probabaly because he found out a while back and fixed it by now. But he cant get back your cash...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: