Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:29:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
shade

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 10:32:53 AM

Please be informed that we have an urgent Power Maintenance in our Datacenter Network.

I read all your posts. The next days I will fix the mentioned bugs and make the Bitmit listings more cleaner by canceling the items from sellers who were not on the site for about 4 weeks.
I really hate doing this but it needs to be said:
bitmit.net is hosted by piradius.net, there site is fine. I dont think there is any power maintenance going on atm.

Actually, I can't imagine a load which would bring down wisely choosen hosting so often... I am kind of new here, but as far as I heard, the cheap VPS's are quite popular around here... Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 01:47:15 PM

Please be informed that we have an urgent Power Maintenance in our Datacenter Network.

I read all your posts. The next days I will fix the mentioned bugs and make the Bitmit listings more cleaner by canceling the items from sellers who were not on the site for about 4 weeks.
I really hate doing this but it needs to be said:
bitmit.net is hosted by piradius.net, there site is fine. I dont think there is any power maintenance going on atm.

Actually, I can't imagine a load which would bring down wisely choosen hosting so often... I am kind of new here, but as far as I heard, the cheap VPS's are quite popular around here... Smiley

Well, bitmit.net is up again and I have my items listed (see sig.) but I would understand that with a site as intransparent and likely lying about several things is not a site I would want to use escrow at. Sadly I had to activate escrow for my items Sad

(The suggested site coinPost.com is even worse. There some dude "bought" one of my coins which effectively unlisted it but he never paid. I thought coinPost would watch the blockchain for payment and only unlist once the payment was done, but they tell you to watch your wallet for payments. What a joke. The "buyer" did not react to PMs.)

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 02:49:48 PM

Tosaki you lost me for a serious amount of time. You really know how to fuck things up. Bitmit being more down than up and nobody from the staff (you) updating us with what's going on or being transparent is not a platform ready to do business at.

I just had changed my signature to get people to my attractive offer (coins that would sell at Ebay for $60 auctioning at a starting price of $1) and by that to your business and you spoiled it again. WTF! Get help man. Sell it. Whatever but don't keep a site open that works like crap.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
shade

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

Tosaki you lost me for a serious amount of time. You really know how to fuck things up. Bitmit being more down than up and nobody from the staff (you) updating us with what's going on or being transparent is not a platform ready to do business at.

I just had changed my signature to get people to my attractive offer (coins that would sell at Ebay for $60 auctioning at a starting price of $1) and by that to your business and you spoiled it again. WTF! Get help man. Sell it. Whatever but don't keep a site open that works like crap.

http://fail.brm.sk/facepalm/facepalm_bear.jpg

it takes quite a skill to keep one web down so often...
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 05:37:12 PM

couldn reach the site in days now...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 06:14:07 PM

it's been mostly up for me (only down once the last 3 days or so). I check about 2-3 times a day.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 06:21:07 PM

it's been mostly up for me (only down once the last 3 days or so). I check about 2-3 times a day.

WHUT?
Ok, great, now it is online again but it has been offline more than online in the recent days.

ɃɃ
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:43:09 PM

The site was down for 2 days for me it now finally back up.  Was all this caused by a power outage?

allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 08:02:08 PM

Yes! It's back.

Thanks Tosaki. I really appreciate all the work you've put into this.
Thanks for keeping the prices low.

Hope you decide not sell it and continue to improve upon it with new vigor.
I've enjoyed watching the slowly-but-surely growth on your site over the months.

allten

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

I just had an idea for a feature:

It would be nice to have the option for listings to get better coverage and advertising on the website (with an additional fee of course).
There could be a banner at the top and/or the side that would randomly display featured products that pay the extra for it.

This could increase revenue and the value of the site without scaring away any customers.

tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 08:59:01 PM

Yes! It's back.

I've enjoyed watching the slowly-but-surely growth on your site over the months.

You do realize the original tosaki sold bitmit, and his forum account, months ago? The guy who currently runs bitmit and now acts under the tosaki name on this forum isn't the same guy who started bitmit.

That said, I still think bitmit is a very good bitmit service. Since you can buy a great deal of stuff there, it's really a loop-closer in the Bitcoin economy. I hope whoever ends up running it does it well.

By loop-closer I mean it closes the loop from BTC user to BTC user, so that there's no real need to go back from BTC to fiat currency.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
geniusboy91

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 12:10:57 AM

Also worth mentioning that the updated feedback system is no longer active.
allten

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 01:00:10 AM

Yes! It's back.

You do realize the original tosaki sold bitmit, and his forum account, months ago? The guy who currently runs bitmit and now acts under the tosaki name on this forum isn't the same guy who started bitmit.

That said, I still think bitmit is a very good bitmit service. Since you can buy a great deal of stuff there, it's really a loop-closer in the Bitcoin economy. I hope whoever ends up running it does it well.

By loop-closer I mean it closes the loop from BTC user to BTC user, so that there's no real need to go back from BTC to fiat currency.

huh?!?

When did that happen? Did the buyer get his Bitcointalk user account as well?
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 01:28:31 AM

Yes! It's back.

huh?!?

Read this thread. It all burns down to tosaki not speaking German anymore. He was quite active on the German forum before and then wasn't able to reply to German PMs anymore. He kind of acknowledged that the ownership of bitmit.net changed but isn't talkative at all. To the degree of information we get, I assume there is a language barrier or something. Obviously he's struggling to keep bitmit online but not so much to keep people here satisfied.

ɃɃ
allten

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 03:08:49 AM

Yes! It's back.

huh?!?

Read this thread. It all burns down to tosaki not speaking German anymore. He was quite active on the German forum before and then wasn't able to reply to German PMs anymore. He kind of acknowledged that the ownership of bitmit.net changed but isn't talkative at all. To the degree of information we get, I assume there is a language barrier or something. Obviously he's struggling to keep bitmit online but not so much to keep people here satisfied.

Well, I skimmed through the thread and had no luck of finding evidence of the site changing hands. There was an incidence Here where he thought he would have to shut it down or sell, but then says he worked everything out and all was OK:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41592.msg1286148#msg1286148

Did he admit it had changed hands in the German forums? I don't speak German so it would be nice if someone could investigates the specifics and put it here. I had communicated with the "original" Tosaki several times through email and he had referenced a "team" a few times. Could it be that he simply is no longer part of that team?
HeavySteel

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:15:29 PM

Yes! It's back.

huh?!?

Well, I skimmed through the thread and had no luck of finding evidence of the site changing hands. There was an incidence Here where he thought he would have to shut it down or sell, but then says he worked everything out and all was OK:

Did he admit it had changed hands in the German forums? I don't speak German so it would be nice if someone could investigates the specifics and put it here. I had communicated with the "original" Tosaki several times through email and he had referenced a "team" a few times. Could it be that he simply is no longer part of that team?

There's a guy named Joachim who works in support and has always answered and resolved my issues quite promptly and politely on Bitmit.  My bitcoins have been in a pending state after I tried downloading them from my Bitmit wallet 3 days ago.  He took care of it and I'm waiting for confirmation at the moment.  If Bitmit has changed hands, Joachim is still on the "team" because he has been there since I became a seller 5  months ago or so.
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 04:46:50 PM

Have a look in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135366

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
allten

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 12:02:02 AM

Have a look in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135366

Thanks, I read through it, but no concrete evidence on what has happened and what is going on.

I'm going to continue using Bitmit, but with escrow disabled until this is all sorted out.
Most of my orders are less than $20 and rarely is there more than one in play at a time
so for more, the risk is low; however, I join the choir in that the owner of Bitmit needs
to make a few PR statements regarding these issues. Hope he doesn't delay.
penguin_brian

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:33:20 PM

I'm going to continue using Bitmit, but with escrow disabled until this is all sorted out.
Most of my orders are less than $20 and rarely is there more than one in play at a time
so for more, the risk is low; however, I join the choir in that the owner of Bitmit needs
to make a few PR statements regarding these issues. Hope he doesn't delay.

If the problem with bitmit is the lack of trust with escrow purchases, would it be possible to use an escrow service that uses this mechanism?

https://blockchain.info/wallet/escrow
penguin_brian

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:40:28 PM

Reread this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41592.msg1443369#msg1443369

In it he says:

It is exactly the old server, I only restored it. I already was the owner before the last Bitmit auction on Bitmit were published so dont worry but then decided to keep it. The time I took over Bitmit was time before..

Which is really confusing English. However I read that last sentence as saying he is not the original owner of Bitmit. Unfortunately, he doesn't say when (or what or how) this happened, only that it happened before the Bitmit auction "was published".

Brian
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: