Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722291 times)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

i keep talking about stuff i dont know shit about
You shut the fuck up?

just ignore him, its just another troll

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:07:48 PM

Anyone saying that DRK fucks the miners is a degenerate (entitlement complex, pure scum). Miners are useful, to an extent. That doesn't mean that they are owed the world.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:09:44 PM

You shut the fuck up?

and not even a very smart troll at that... the troll quality just keep getting lower and lower.
I just hope he isnt getting paid to troll here, they would be sooo overpaying him right now.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:13:01 PM

You shut the fuck up?

and not even a very smart troll at that... the troll quality just keep getting lower and lower.
I just hope he isnt getting paid to troll here, they would be sooo overpaying him right now.

Yeah i have notice the trolling quality is getting lower and lower, they have started to repeat themselves, instead of coming up with more challenging stuff.. well guess thats what you can expect these days...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

This is the worst investment i ever made its done nothing but slowly bleed to death ever since I bought it. The worst part is that I listened to all the people saying hold, now I feel like a fucking fool and hate myself for not selling sooner. God dammit! Angry IM SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT!

If you don't realize what's around the corner then please sell right now and realize your loss.

Lol  - panic makes me laugh at all the weak.

I've lost almost HALF my money, fuck you you prick! You laugh at that? What a fucking asshole.

Your first major newbie mistake was investing your ENTIRE $3,000 all at once... you never looked for a good entry price, never did any dollar cost-averaging or did anything sensible here... I doubt you've ever traded a stock or any financial security in your life, and probably did about as much research as a 3rd grade book report.

tl;dr ..............

Sorry your first brush with crypto trading has been rough, but you need to learn how to manage your money and think things through...

-- The DRK Lord --

You're right. I decided not to sell because what you said makes sense. Thanks.

I need to learn yoga or get more exercise because how wound up and angry I got frightened me. For what I said I'm sorry it was childish and most of all uncalled for. Sorry.

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to listen to reason before doing more financial harm to yourself and having more regrets and bitterness. IMO, that is the best decision you've yet made. Sometimes NOT reacting to changes in the market is the smart move.

I do not think you're "stupid" or an "idiot", I just think you're new to this and needed some wisdom and guidance to put things in perspective. When I was a newbie learning to trade stocks and futures I used to kill myself making absolutely retarded and illogical trade decisions, so you're not alone, young brother... almost everyone makes mistakes like these when they first start learning to trade and invest! :-)

I have a few more trading/investment tips for you and all the other newbie traders following this thread. I can routinely earn anywhere from 2.50 to 15.00 DRK per day on as little as 100.00 DRK using this knowledge and these strategies...

Ever heard the old saying "Buy low, sell high"? Almost everyone has... yet over 90% of traders and investors fail to master this very elementary thing. The reason is because people make irrational decisions based on emotions. They see the price of something start rising quickly and they think "OMG I want in!!!" and they buy it right away without thinking. The price may continue to rise a bit longer, but soon the "smart money" traders (the people who bought in before you ever thought about it) are going to start selling and pocketing their profits. This will start pushing the price back down, and the laggards will start selling in the wake of this and locking in their profits, pushing it down even more. At this point, the other 90% of the market thinks "Oh nooooo! It's crashing! We're doomed!" and they start hitting the PANIC PANIC PANIC button like crazy and dumping their shares/coins. This massive influx of sell orders pushes the price down drastically, causing a market correction after the big rally. And while 90% of the market is panic selling, do you know what they smart money is doing? They're BUYING into the panic, and getting all their shares and coins back again way cheaper than they just sold them. And this is what distinguishes the "smart money" from the "dumb money", and how the "dumb money" continually flows into the pockets of the smart money. It's not a "rigged game" and there's no trickery or deceit going on here... most people are just lousy money managers and throw their money down the drain, trade after trade.

Have you ever watched "Mad Money" on CNBC with Jim Cramer? He's a bit crazy, but he's an ex-hedge fund manager who became famous for earning his investors returns of 20-60% year after year. One thing I like about Cramer's show is that he can break down seemingly complicated Wall Street jargon and investment/trading strategies into easily understood statements that make sense to the "Average Joe" learning to manage their own money. You should start watching his show, and learn to apply many of his lessons to your own crypto-trading strategies. One of my favorite Jim Cramer quotes is "Buy the fear, sell the greed!" <-- That is the perfect way to look at the "Buy low, sell high" proverb. This means that when the market is in a panic and everyone is selling YOU should be BUYING... and when everyone is greedily buying, buying and buying, chasing gains higher and higher, YOU should be lightening the load and SELLING into the rally. You can have great success just by doing the OPPOSITE of what they market is doing, because 90% or more of the people out there are making the WRONG decision time and time again.

The final tip I'm going to give you is the manage the SIZE of your positions wisely, and never spend all of your cash in one buy order NOR sell all of your shares/coins in one sell order. You have to learn to balance out your asset allocation. Hold a certain % of your total funds in DRK, and BTC. This gives you a safety net and room to correct errors. For example, I have 4 different trading accounts at different exchanges, and I try to hold a balance of 100-200 DRK in each. I avoid being positioned 100% long or short for/against DRK. I also buy and sell in a "pyramid-like structure". If I have 1.0 BTC to buy DRK with, I do NOT put in one huge order to buy 1.0 BTC worth of DRK. If the price is currently 0.01150 BTC per DRK I will place the following orders:

BUY 10.00 DRK @ 0.01150
BUY 15.00 DRK @ 0.01140
BUY 15.00 DRK @ 0.01132
BUY 20.00 DRK @ 0.01121
BUY 25.00 DRK @ 0.01110

... and so on ...

If you visualize my order structure, it would look like a pyramid. When you're selling, you do the same thing and create an upside-down or inverted pyramid of orders which gradually sells more and more as the prices rises. When you do this properly, you no longer need to predict exactly where the price will go and hope a single order gets hit at the perfect price point. You let the momentum of the market do all the work for you. And, for example, when your upside-down pyramid of sell orders is 62% completed and the price begins falling, you take the BTC proceeds from that market move and set up a pyramid of buy orders at prices lower than your average sale price. As the market falls/corrects, you're gradually buying back all that DRK cheaper and cheaper. The end result is that you're constantly gaining more DRK and BTC and profiting from your trading rather than losing!  Cool

Learn to separate your emotions from all your trading decisions. Trade like a machine or robot whose only goal is to acquire, acquire, acquire and gain larger amounts of BTC and/or DRK. If you're about to make a trade based on feeling angry, afraid, greedy or happy then STOP! You're doing it wrong! ;-)

Hope this is helpful to you and all other aspiring crypto-traders!

-- The DRK Lord --

Great post! Thanks for this.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:42:57 PM

Anyone saying that DRK fucks the miners is a degenerate (entitlement complex, pure scum). Miners are useful, to an extent. That doesn't mean that they are owed the world.

The roles of miners and node owners are not mutually exclusive - thus the "conflict" is only an imaginary one, promoted by trolls.

There's nothing preventing miners from using the mined DRKs to gain life-long "interest" / extra ROI through masternodes.

You mined 50-100-200-1000 DRKs? You get a masternode or a masternode slice and earn extra DRKs for life.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

Something that I've wanted in every coin's wallet is a possibility to select multiple rows from transactions list, and copy the rows to clipboard (to be pasted to excel or similar). A bonus would be a running total count similar to excel where you select multiple rows, and the transaction values would be added up to a total sum that would be displayed in the bottom status bar. This would allow you for example to sort by Address, and select only transactions from certain pool or w/e, and immediately see the total amount received. Obviously this is something that can be added later (by anyone as it's open source!) but I just wanted to mention it in case you're already thinking of doing something similar. Smiley

+1

I've longed for an input-selectable SUM column many times.

Integrating simple tools like this would be of tremendous benefit to merchants.

I know you can Export transactions, but smaller companies and individuals that don't have the know-how or resources to auto-parse that into a spreadsheet or whatever would definitely make use of some simple in-wallet accounting tools.

starting to view the blockchain as a new prog.language/platform xD
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:58:37 PM

This is the worst investment i ever made its done nothing but slowly bleed to death ever since I bought it. The worst part is that I listened to all the people saying hold, now I feel like a fucking fool and hate myself for not selling sooner. God dammit! Angry IM SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT!

If you don't realize what's around the corner then please sell right now and realize your loss.

Lol  - panic makes me laugh at all the weak.

I've lost almost HALF my money, fuck you you prick! You laugh at that? What a fucking asshole.

Your first major newbie mistake was investing your ENTIRE $3,000 all at once... you never looked for a good entry price, never did any dollar cost-averaging or did anything sensible here... I doubt you've ever traded a stock or any financial security in your life, and probably did about as much research as a 3rd grade book report.

My friend and I have invested about $8,500.00 USD into DRK since before the last hard fork failure (past 2 months). We started buying DRK above 0.02 BTC. But you know what? Our losses so far are completely manageable and we're not worried one bit. We only purchased small amounts at 0.02+ BTC, and as the price has fallen we've progressively purchased larger and larger amounts, continually averaging down our average unit cost per DRK. And I'm buying every last DRK I can get my hands on near the 0.01 BTC level... this price point feels like the bargain of the century on the eve of RC4.

Your second newbie mistake was investing $3,000 into ANY crypto-currency, especially since this is a lot of money to you and you say you're "poor". If you're poor you never should've bought ANY coin, much less $3K worth. You never invest what you cannot afford to lose in crypto-currencies... that's just completely asinine, especially if you have no clue what you're doing and zero trading/financial experience...

Your third newbie mistake is ignoring the fundamentals and the huge, market-shaking changes coming to DRK with RC4. Have you paid attention to Evan's posts about Darksend+? The code audit by Kristov Atlas? The huge wallet/UI overhaul that I am working on? Or any of the other dev updates? Obviously not.

Your fourth newbie mistake is going to be panic selling your DRK now around 0.01 BTC just before it whip-saws up to 0.05+ BTC after RC4... that 260-ish DRK you bought for $3k would probably rake in over $7,800.00 for you if you just held it. But you're going to be regretting panic selling every day of your life as DRK rises to $30.00, $50.00, $90.00, $125.00, $200.00, and on and on and on... eventually it'll be trading at 1.5x to 3.0x the value of 1 BTC...

Your fifth (but probably not your last) newbie mistake is NOT BUYING MORE DRK NOW and averaging down your avg. unit cost per coin!!!  Smiley

Sorry your first brush with crypto trading has been rough, but you need to learn how to manage your money and think things through...

-- The DRK Lord --

You're right. I decided not to sell because what you said makes sense. Thanks.

I need to learn yoga or get more exercise because how wound up and angry I got frightened me. For what I said I'm sorry it was childish and most of all uncalled for. Sorry.

I want to give you cred for turning around so beautifully <3

Edit: bought 1.4k DRK at .022 .... not worried one bit... won't sell untill 2000$ / drk
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

All I see is thousands of 5+ BTC instamined shitcoin blocks, a 100x reward reduction and a fuck you up the ass 20% tax.

"master nodes" ?! They look more like crypto fiat banks to me.

How many more surprise changes can we expect ?
You shut the fuck up?

No. Tongue

S_Uber

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:07:55 PM

Don't let the trolling get to you. Just whip out the anti-troll spray and remind them in a gentle way that Masternodes are a part of the technology that makes DRK so useful and they will come off looking stupider while you come off looking like a genuine supporter. Replying to trolls and genuine inquiries, you are representing the DRK community and you should do it with honor and grace.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:12:24 PM

No. Tongue

I've been wondering about this too.

How do you prevent rouges setting up hundreds of nodes that collect data about transactions, without a financial barrier to disrupt the network and create many men in the middle sniffing transactions as they pass around ?

RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:14:49 PM

No. Tongue

How do you prevent rouges setting up hundreds of nodes that collect data about transactions, without a financial barrier to disrupt the network and create many men in the middle sniffing transactions as they pass around ?

Yea, that's why DRK's masternodes are not an ideal solution... because it is a centralized solution. 
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:18:09 PM

No. Tongue

Yea, that's why DRK's masternodes are not an ideal solution... because it is a centralized solution. 

Whooosh... like an aeroplane...  Roll Eyes

Grin
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:20:04 PM

No. Tongue

This was addressed a while back.  Im afraid i can't remember what the answer was but something about the way the MNs worked turned this into a non-issue with DS+

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

No. Tongue

I don't think it is centralized at all. You mistake rhetoric for agreement to a view that is given without thought.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:24:50 PM

No. Tongue

I don't think it is centralized at all. You mistake rhetoric for agreement to a view that is given without thought.

+1

700+ and climbing masternodes could hardly be called centralised.

Without the 1000 dark barrier to entry you'd end of with a situation like the pos anon coins where hundreds of wallets could be opened and snooping would surely be possible.
S_Uber

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

No. Tongue

It's not centralized if it's distributed globally on an individual basis. The amount of coins you would need to have enough nodes to collect even a tiny bit of useful data would be a huge percentage of total available . . . You know what, never mind just go think about it OK?

Also, look up sarcasm. . .
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:31:37 PM

No. Tongue

around 750 masternodes right now, after rc4 and open source this number will double. That should happen by end of august.
 if drk proves it is 100% anon and governments continue to pressure exchanges for id of users aswell as charge traders with a bitlicense.
more masternodes = more de-centralization
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:34:00 PM

****** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.12.7 OR 10.12.7 *******

- Added a smart input splitting method. Place 1000+DRK into a brand new wallet and it will be split into many inputs compatible with Darksend

Getting closer every day to a stable release with some great features.

ha ha.

You sold your eCash, when you should have hodl your eCash.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 05:40:30 PM

No. Tongue

Exactly. And who are these node operators ? I'm sure it was nothing for them to give up a couple 500 DRK blocks for the buy in.

You may as well be riding a gator's back across the river.

Are they really making 1 BTC per week ?

Pages: « 1 ... 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: