Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:47:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 [2358] 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722527 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:50:53 AM

sorry if this been allready been answered but this tread is so long I dont know where to begin Tongue

I have some DRK but I'm wondering if I should buy a lot more since the price is low at the moment.

Can someone tell me why darkcoin is needed when darkwallet comes out?

I'm not fully informed about both so thats where the problem is, but if you can share your opinion it would help.

Thanks Smiley  

Hi Bamsterdam,

Darkwallet has nothing to do with DarkCoin, I made the same mistake when I first discovered Dark as well  Wink

For an update on DRK development, please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8009957#msg8009957

Now is an excellent time to accumulate, some very exciting technology is in testnet right now and is being independently code reviewed by an industry leader in anonymity.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duckmuy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:54:15 AM

ARE YOU FUCKING CUNTS RETARDED STOP FUCKING SELLING YOU GOD DAMN PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD. FUCKING CUNTS EAT SHIT FUCK YOURSELVES. FUCKING HOLD MORONS GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.
SoapMaker

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:00:00 AM

i guess we can conclude from the above that trolls create anti-trolls.

I wish that were the case. Anti-troll implies that when the troll & anti-troll meet the would cancel each other out & cease to exist to the advantage of all reasonable people.

Alas... It seems that trolls mearely traumatise others who then also fall into trolldom.
Trolling is lose/lose as far as I can tell at this point.

It is the realm of the damaged & mentally ill, of that there should be no doubt.

so basicly a troll is some kind of virus ? hmmm, that does make sense.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not... but it does make sense.
Trauma works like that, those who abuse were almost always themselves abused.
These are cycles that repeat themselves....
So trolls are just people with little to no morality, who can't treat other people with respect.
They have certainly been deeply disrespected.
Mommy & Daddy have some role to play I'm sure....

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:02:48 AM

quick question : how / where can you view the output of -printtoconsole ?

i'm trying to view the debug.log file on screen and constantly updating.
I have put a -printtoconsole in the shortcut that fires up the darkcoin-qt and it indeed stop debug.log from getting updated
but i'm not seeing any output on screen or in the console (not sure where to look for the output)

tail -f debug.log

i'm using a windows wallet .. how can i use this tail -f debug.log command / option ?

Switch to Linux? Wink

open Windows PowerShell

then do :
Code:
cd appdata\roaming\darkcoin
get-content debug.log -wait
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:07:28 AM

sorry if this been allready been answered but this tread is so long I dont know where to begin Tongue

I have some DRK but I'm wondering if I should buy a lot more since the price is low at the moment.

I'm not fully informed about both so thats where the problem is, but if you can share your opinion it would help.

Thanks Smiley  

Hi Bamsterdam,

Darkwallet has nothing to do with DarkCoin, I made the same mistake when I first discovered Dark as well  Wink

For an update on DRK development, please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8009957#msg8009957

Now is an excellent time to accumulate, some very exciting technology is in testnet right now and is being independently code reviewed by an industry leader in anonymity.

Hi Ignition,

Thanks for your reply

I know darcoin and darkwallet are two different things what I meant is that they provide the same function as far as I know of.

If darkwallet is launched en you can but some bitcoins in there why whould you need darkcoin?
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:14:58 AM

Thanks Smiley  

Hi Bamsterdam,

Hi Ignition,

Thanks for your reply

I know darcoin and darkwallet are two different things what I meant is that they provide the same function as far as I know of.

If darkwallet is launched en you can but some bitcoins in there why whould you need darkcoin?

Darkwallet still requires trust, which is a no no if you want to be truly anonymous.

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:25:52 AM

What anonymous coin will succeed?  --still adding new coins, PM me details if you miss some coin here--

Darkcoin [DRK]   - 70 (30.2%)

Monero [XMR]   - 22 (9.5%)

Cloakcoin [CLOAK]   - 75 (32.3%)

XC [XC]   - 32 (13.8%)

We can easily get 70% of the vote, if people would just vote already  Roll Eyes

Looks like cloakcoin wins. Brb selling all my dark for cloak now.
This makes sense. Trust a poll on a forum with a coin having 75 votes or just 2% more than the 2nd coin.
Surely you will become rich if you invest into cloak now.  Roll Eyes

We have a best dev team in the altcoin(/crypto currency world), that they purchase perfect in technology.
We have a best community in the altcoin(/crypto currency world), that so many best people in this community sharing good idea and supporting each other.
We have a best future in the altcoin(/crypto currency world), that based on the Masternode structure, Darksend+, Proof of service, Anonymouse, DGW, and so many potential that will be added to DRK. That's the INNOVATION.

No mention the RC4 testing, third party code review, and the valuable experiences we get from the difficulties that we encountered.

So, you tell me : What anonymous coin will succeed?

PS. One $ is more valuable than one BTC at the beginning~

lol. I'm pretty sure cryptopleb was joking about selling...

lol yes I was joking. The polls should be looked at for nothing more than a bit of fun.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0 Damn now I have to sell my cloak and buy back in to drk
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:27:38 AM

Thanks Smiley  

Here you go
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6119570#msg6119570

Dark wallet is a centralized mixing service where you use a browser extension to anonymize transactions.  Look at this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/FA7TIA6.png  . You can see it's routing all of the traffic through gateway.unsystem.net.

So here's our advantages vs dark wallet:

1.) We're decentralized. The clients automatically discover all masternodes and will use those
2.) Everyone will use DarkSend by default. The problem with a product you must setup like this is you'll have far fewer legitimate users to mix with.  
3.) Masternodes create a new type of investment opportunity within our ecosystem much like mining. The result? We get a ton of super high quality full nodes, anonymity and happy investors.
4.) If they're accepting inputs and outputs separately they can be shut down simply by a user offering an input, but refusing to send the output. If they're accepting inputs and outputs together, it's not anonymous and it MUST be decentralized to spread the knowledge of who did what to keep anonymity. My guess is they're taking inputs and outputs separately and banning inputs that do this. In that case you could attack it by using another mixing service to get fresh inputs.

duckmuy

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:44:26 AM

fuck this shit i cant take this price bleed anymore

to all you sellers i hope you fucking die, pieces of shit fuck yourselves and the money you cost me cunt pieces of shit FUCKING CUNTS
goodluckpool

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:47:50 AM

to all you sellers i hope you fucking die, pieces of shit fuck yourselves and the money you cost me cunt pieces of shit FUCKING CUNTS

I agree with you 100%  Grin
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:54:03 AM

When you guys get a chance - put a leash on your rabid trailer trash dog MasterMined710. He's going all across the internet on a Cloakcoin FUDpack smear campaign. Let's keep the debate technical. I doubt DRK wants to get into a shit tossing competition with Cloak. There's plenty of people we can recruit for the job. I was one of the first DRK miners/investors. Although I have moved my funds elsewhere, I haven't resorted to the level of shit that some of the newer DRK holders have gone to protect their investment.
Sorry, as a potential future cloak investor (not at current prices) and current investor in other anon coins i just want my technical questions answered.

I have NEVER posted anything in the official self moderated cloakcoin  ANN thread.
 I have NEVER  ad hominem attacked anyone either (rabid trailer trash dog).

Y'all need to put a leash on bobssurplus and others in the cloak community who troll the (unmoderated) official DRK ANN thread.
The XC community has done a great job on that front lately and y'all could learn a thing or two from them (i'm not a current xc investor).
Have some respect and stay out of the ANN threads with FUD and trolling.
I will start a thread for civilized discussion/debate of all the anon coins. Tough questions will be welcome but trolling and name calling will not.

We don't need to learn anything from XC or take advice from you.

When you go around the net starting reddit FUD sub-threads in r/Cloak, posting FUD in the comment sections of Cloakcoin related articles and YouTube videos - you get classified as a gutter trash trader. Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with technical information. All you are doing is planting fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of potential investors i.e premine, ninja launch, instamine, vaporware etc. You've posted this same exact post all over the net and yet you can't prove any of it. I hope you know that some of Cloaks biggest holders and advocates are also some of DRKs biggest holders. You should think about that one real hard next time you decide to get drunk and troll the net with your BS.

Cloakcoin at a glance...
The in wallet btc exchange and marketplace looks interesting but…
(oops, just found out the in wallet exchange is actually just an api from a small centralized non-trustless exchange and not actually a decentralized trustless wallet to wallet exchange.)

Cloakcoin had a failed Ninja launch with a 7 day pow 4.5 million coin instamine that has a 6% pos inflation issue. it's also a self-moderated thread that has been censored to cover up launch issues.

so far cloak looks to be mostly vaporware but time will tell. anon devs with closed source unreviewed features is also troubling. it has lots of problems to overcome but it could give xc (1% 2%+ premined, 3 week, 4 million+ coin instamine, self-moderated thread) a run in the pos lane. i may still invest in cloak but i think i’ll wait for more solid info and the inevitable big dump before buying in. congratulations to those who instamined all the coins in the first 7 days. when those people start dumping just a small part of their holdings it will be epically brutal.

you may say that darkcoin also had a  instamine issue the first few days and you would be correct, darkcoin should have been relaunched. drk was however distributed very well over the next few months for pennies because no one knew how big the anon market would be.
the same can't be said of cloak and xc as the anon hype created by darkcoin caused instaminers to hold those instamined coins waiting for the perfect opportunity/liquidity to dump.

the cryptobloat cryptonote coins have worse compatibility issues than cloak and xc preventing mass adoption as well as bloating issues that are supposedly being worked on but it's just theoretical vaporware fixes right now.

darkcoin is a superior pow coin purposely based on bitcoin for easy integration everywhere bitcoin is (this is huge). plus i won't even get into the unlimited 2.0 functionality possibilities of the trustless decentralized masternode system or all the other drk innovations like x-11, dgw, sporks and the fastest/instant anon transactions (darksend+) on the market.
the only question is who will take 2nd place to darkcoin?

any questions?  Grin

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:59:44 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 02:16:38 AM by Ignition75

I need to wash my mouth out with soap.

I agree with you 100%  Grin

Current price means nothing, apart for a win for those in accumulation mode  Wink

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:23:02 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 02:41:30 AM by qwizzie

quick question : how / where can you view the output of -printtoconsole ?

i'm trying to view the debug.log file on screen and constantly updating.
I have put a -printtoconsole in the shortcut that fires up the darkcoin-qt and it indeed stop debug.log from getting updated
but i'm not seeing any output on screen or in the console (not sure where to look for the output)

tail -f debug.log

i'm using a windows wallet .. how can i use this tail -f debug.log command / option ?

Switch to Linux? Wink

open Windows PowerShell

then do :
Code:
cd appdata\roaming\darkcoin
get-content debug.log -wait

hehe, maybe one of these days i will switch to Linux.

I tried the Powershell but unfortunetely the -wait seems to totally pause the debug.log
after the last line. What i really need is some kind of loop back to the get-content cmd  
so it keep updating itself. I did learn a thing or two about Powershell so thanks for that.

edit : tbh i found Powershell rather slow in comparison with Notepad++ i think the reading per line and storing the whole file in RAM is what makes it so slow?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:26:30 AM

Some dumbass was selling 1k+ DRK at .01 on Bitfinex whilst MintPal had prices at .0104, hence an easy-money arbitrage was in place which led to MintPal going down. Give it a couple hours and we'll likely be back to .0104.
JL

Edit: couple minutes rather and MP back to .0104

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:38:04 AM

When you go around the net starting reddit FUD sub-threads in r/Cloak, posting FUD in the comment sections of Cloakcoin related articles and YouTube videos - you get classified as a gutter trash trader. Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with technical information. All you are doing is planting fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of potential investors i.e premine, ninja launch, instamine, vaporware etc. You've posted this same exact post all over the net and yet you can't prove any of it. I hope you know that some of Cloaks biggest holders and advocates are also some of DRKs biggest holders. You should think about that one real hard next time you decide to get drunk and troll the net with your BS.

Cloakcoin at a glance...
(oops, just found out the in wallet exchange is actually just an api from a small centralized non-trustless exchange and not actually a decentralized trustless wallet to wallet exchange.)

Cloakcoin had a failed Ninja launch with a 7 day pow 4.5 million coin instamine that has a 6% pos inflation issue. it's also a self-moderated thread that has been censored to cover up launch issues.

so far cloak looks to be mostly vaporware but time will tell. anon devs with closed source unreviewed features is also troubling. it has lots of problems to overcome but it could give xc (1% 2%+ premined, 3 week, 4 million+ coin instamine, self-moderated thread) a run in the pos lane. i may still invest in cloak but i think i’ll wait for more solid info and the inevitable big dump before buying in. congratulations to those who instamined all the coins in the first 7 days. when those people start dumping just a small part of their holdings it will be epically brutal.

you may say that darkcoin also had a  instamine issue the first few days and you would be correct, darkcoin should have been relaunched. drk was however distributed very well over the next few months for pennies because no one knew how big the anon market would be.
the same can't be said of cloak and xc as the anon hype created by darkcoin caused instaminers to hold those instamined coins waiting for the perfect opportunity/liquidity to dump.

the cryptobloat cryptonote coins have worse compatibility issues than cloak and xc preventing mass adoption as well as bloating issues that are supposedly being worked on but it's just theoretical vaporware fixes right now.

darkcoin is a superior pow coin purposely based on bitcoin for easy integration everywhere bitcoin is (this is huge). plus i won't even get into the unlimited 2.0 functionality possibilities of the trustless decentralized masternode system or all the other drk innovations like x-11, dgw, sporks and the fastest/instant anon transactions (darksend+) on the market.

any questions?  Grin

Thanks for bringing this quality post by MasterMined710 to my attention. Smiley
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:52:01 AM

drk please go up, i cant help but buy everytime it drops to near 0.01,lol , my btc is plenty but my time isnt, sit here all night for days now snapping up bargains but now i feel i have enough and would like some rest. major investment plans in place for drk once it goes open source and 100% anon.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:58:02 AM

drk please go up, i cant help but buy everytime it drops to near 0.01,lol , my btc is plenty but my time isnt, sit here all night for days now snapping up bargains but now i feel i have enough and would like some rest. major investment plans in place for drk once it goes open source and 100% anon.
Bravo! Bravissimo!!!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:17:06 AM

Cloakcoin at a glance...

any questions?  Grin

Thanks for bringing this quality post by MasterMined710 to my attention. Smiley

Same here~ Thanks~   Grin

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:18:13 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 03:32:14 AM by Ignition75

You're sentiments represent a very large portion of the market...

Ignore all the 1000% profit in 24 hour wannabe Wolves of Wallstreet...  

I'm thankful we have more cheap dark for a little while longer...  Wink

Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:03:34 AM

Looks like Ltc was having a "moment". Still amazes me that Ltc has survived this long.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 [2358] 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: