Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 [2418] 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:04:04 PM

that shoyax et al is a troll who wants to undermine DRK in favor of another Anon Coin

Aren`t you overestimating his power? And doesn`t he write stuff which is directed against ANY anon coin?

They need a scapegoat to blame for the decline in price so I have become public enemy number 1.  They don't want to believe that the majority of people and merchants will never adopt any anonymous coin.  All we've heard for months was how Darkcoin is going to replace Bitcoin.  Merchants will widely adopt it.  Businesses will use it for B2B transactions.  None of that is going to happen and they are starting to realize it.  

One thing that hasn't been discussed is the fact that when you make a purchase from Dell, overstock .com, or other merchant that accepts Bitcoin is the fact that you are not actually sending the btc to the merchant.  The transaction is processed by coinbase similar to the way credit card transactions are processed by third parties.  No merchant of any significance is going to handle an electronic currency transaction themselves.  Those transactions will be processed by coinbase or one of the other Bitcoin payment processors that are likely to emerge as Bitcoin becomes more widely adopted.  None of these processors is going to handle transactions for an anonymous cryptocurrency.  There are FinCen regulations that they are required to comply with and they don't care about anonymity.  They care about collecting the processing fee's.

So yes, neither Darkcoin, Cloak, Monero, or any of the other so called anonymous coins will ever gain mainstream adoption.  The future for cryptocurrency transactions is Bitcoin.  The coin that overtakes Bitcoin will be a coin that is faster, smaller, so easy to use any idiot will be able to, etc...  It won't be an anonymous coin.  

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:10:36 PM

So why aren't you trolling the other anonymous coins?

Aside from the fact that you used to be a darkcoin supporter?

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

The view on regulation and anonymous currency has been asked and answered of the relevant US Regulators.

Non disclosure of financial transactions on a blockchain ledger is not a reason to stop anonymity tools such as Darkcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bbDpwlTws&feature=youtu.be&t=11m48s

~12mins

If anyone here thinks they know more than the public official paid out of taxpayer money to defend the USA against financial crime, they are simply fools that deserve to be ignored.

I don't know why you guys keep posting an interview of Jennifer Shasky Calvery.  She doesn't set policy or enact laws.  

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

that shoyax et al is a troll who wants to undermine DRK in favor of another Anon Coin

Aren`t you overestimating his power? And doesn`t he write stuff which is directed against ANY anon coin?

So yes, neither Darkcoin, Cloak, Monero, or any of the other so called anonymous coins will ever gain mainstream adoption.  The future for cryptocurrency transactions is Bitcoin.  The coin that overtakes Bitcoin will be a coin that is faster, smaller, so easy to use any idiot will be able to, etc...  It won't be an anonymous coin.  

An anon coin probably wont surpass bitcoin. So? Whats your point?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

So why aren't you trolling the other anonymous coins?

Aside from the fact that you used to be a darkcoin supporter?

+101

All your points are noted. We thank you for pointing out your view.

You can now move along elsewhere.

We will decide whether to stay or go. I don't post elsewhere, so if people come here and wish to read, or not, my fanboy views, than that is up to them.

Ok, everyone. Pack up, we must all vacate.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:14:47 PM

An anon coin probably wont surpass bitcoin. So? Whats your point?

Tell that to the fanboys who have been saying that Darkcoin will replace Bitcoin.

I do however see that you agree with me.  That takes some guts in this thread.    
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:16:05 PM

Your line of thought is very limited in scope. Nobody expects DRK to replace bitcoin in terms of volume of transactions.

Let bitcoin have 90-95% of all transactions with a 10bn marketcap crypto market and with just 5-10% of transactions through anonymous coins, you'll have 500mn - 1bn marketcap for them. It's a niche market, covering a different type of need.

Yes, we get it. You don't want anonymity. Some want it. Some (=billions of people in oppressive countries) will NEED it to bypass their country regulators. That's what at stake.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:19:45 PM

majority of people and merchants will never adopt any anonymous coin.

No merchant of any significance is going to handle an electronic currency transaction themselves.

None of these processors is going to handle transactions for an anonymous cryptocurrency.

So yes, neither Darkcoin, Cloak, Monero, or any of the other so called anonymous coins will ever gain mainstream adoption.

Stop the press, we have a new oracle in town!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

Bitcoin is in a strong leadership position because of its first mover advantage, the significant and passionate following it has and because of the substantial business investments that people have made to profit from Bitcoin.

I wrote in April 2014 that Bitcoin is the market leader.

We are not here to replace Bitcoin. We are here to replace Litecoin and become established as the Nr.2 crypto currency.

We are also here, well I am at least, to provide an alternative form of payment to run alongside bitcoin for those that want anonymity. That includes businesses that wish to transact using crypto because of the many cost savings and ease of international payments, but do not wish to tell their competitors where and how they source their competitive advantages or their supply chains.

Lets get this straight.

I want to support and not seek to replace Bitcoin.
I want to seek and support any drive for the number 2 alt-coin slot.

~DRK Fanboy.
ignitiondefect

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:25:43 PM

They need a scapegoat to blame for the decline in price so I have become public enemy number 1.  They don't want to believe that the majority of people and merchants will never adopt any anonymous coin.  All we've heard for months was how Darkcoin is going to replace Bitcoin.  Merchants will widely adopt it.  Businesses will use it for B2B transactions.  None of that is going to happen and they are starting to realize it.  

One thing that hasn't been discussed is the fact that when you make a purchase from Dell, overstock .com, or other merchant that accepts Bitcoin is the fact that you are not actually sending the btc to the merchant.  The transaction is processed by coinbase similar to the way credit card transactions are processed by third parties.  No merchant of any significance is going to handle an electronic currency transaction themselves.  Those transactions will be processed by coinbase or one of the other Bitcoin payment processors that are likely to emerge as Bitcoin becomes more widely adopted.  None of these processors is going to handle transactions for an anonymous cryptocurrency.  There are FinCen regulations that they are required to comply with and they don't care about anonymity.  They care about collecting the processing fee's.

I have to agree with Shojayxt on these points. Coin anonymity is not valuable in a world of anonymizing wallets & automatic mixers where every coin will be anonymous. The benefit to going with DRK over BTC would be faster confirmation times and ease of use, etc. I can't comment on the security or utility of the Masternode system because I don't understand it but I am intrigued by its potential use (alluded to by some in this forum a few pages back) as the basis for some sort of anonymous, decentralized alternative internet. Does anyone have any insight as to whether this is potentially achievable or realistic. DRK seems to have a very passionate and involved community; it may be that the coin becomes the start of something that was not originally anticipated by its creators. Maybe, we'll all be going to .drk websites in the not-to-distant futures.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:27:35 PM

The XC war was particularly hard to stomach.
This is where all the shitcoins come to advertise because the DRK thread has way more traffic than theirs... That tells you all you need to know.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:29:36 PM

Guys can you please stop quoting, dull linear minded repetitive sjohjaxitshit. I do not have him on ignore for nothing. @sjohajaxistshit Nothing against a good argument, but boy to keep repeating the same over and over again..... Get outside do something productive. Get a hobby, a girl or a cat. Stop being a arguing hamster (round and round and round). We get it you are right, in everything you stated, yes we fully 100% agree on all your points even future arguments, because also these will be exactly the same. God I hate people without imagination, creativity, and a life of their own.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

I have to agree with Shojayxt on these points. Coin anonymity is not valuable in a world of anonymizing wallets & automatic mixers where every coin will be anonymous. The benefit to going with DRK over BTC would be faster confirmation times and ease of use, etc. I can't comment on the security or utility of the Masternode system because I don't understand it but I am intrigued by its potential use (alluded to by some in this forum a few pages back) as the basis for some sort of anonymous, decentralized alternative internet. Does anyone have any insight as to whether this is potentially achievable or realistic. DRK seems to have a very passionate and involved community; it may be that the coin becomes the start of something that was not originally anticipated by its creators. Maybe, we'll all be going to .drk websites in the not-to-distant futures.

Any service could be rendered over the Darkcoin masternode network. It just depends on what people want and what is practical to implement. I doubt an alternative internet (something like TOR) will be done, but simple messaging systems and whatnot could be implemented.

Anonymity as you describe in the beginning of your post is all trust based at the moment, which is what Darkcoin is seeking to remedy. Not only that, most methods are downright sad, for instance SharedCoin by blockchain.info does a terrible job of obfuscating your identity.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Is it time to crack open your neighbor's head and feast on the goo inside?

Don't think so, come on let's see a reversal today. Just a word from Evan would make it so.
I'd rather see useful development progress than shitcoin trader satiation.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:31:03 PM

...We are not here to replace Bitcoin. We are here to replace Litecoin and become established as the Nr.2 crypto currency...

Litecoin has so many advantages over DRK, it's hard to count them all.

1 - LTC was here first,
2 -

uh, give me a minute...
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:33:32 PM

Bitcoin is steeped in history. It is the site of the Crypto Garden of Eden and the birthplace of Satoshi.

Tread lightly there.

You will see things that no man could pay to see - and you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the Litecoiners.

The Litecoin should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.

There are many regional Darkcoiners who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Charlie Lee.

He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done to miners.

I know of men who have trolled needlessly in other threads. I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right. Show them some help with setting up Master Nodes, and bat files. Ensure that one day they go home to their family rich.

The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the DarkCoin or its history by over-enthusiasm in trolling, know it is your family who will suffer. You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest - for your deeds will follow you down through history. As their transactions will forever echo through eternity.

We will bring shame on neither our Coin or our Devs.

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when.

If we survive the first RC4 strike we will survive the attack. We will win the battle and the war.

As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home rich and leave Crypto a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is North; to the moon.

Lets get this straight, straight,

Bitcoin, tread lightly there.

Litecoin, be in no doubt that we are his nemesis
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

Coin anonymity is not valuable in a world of anonymizing wallets & automatic mixers where every coin will be anonymous.

Problem with adding anonymizing wallets and mixers to bitcoin is that they can never be as good as a coin that natively supports anonymization. And I think it's safe to say by now that bitcoin isn't going to change their protocol to add new features - they will at most fix issues only when absolutely necessary.

Bitcoin mixers and web wallets can be honeypots just waiting for people to use them - it must be guaranteed in the coin's native protocol without any 3rd parties that the privacy will be retained. And even if you could trust the 3rd parties, it will be super easy to make a mistake that will reveal your activities - and if it is possible to make a mistake, believe me, people will make them.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:36:17 PM

Damn, you didn't take the picture from my good side. This makes me look fat...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

You really don't have to be a shark to pick money off of suicides... Stupid people.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
raze182

Activity: 163

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:40:02 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 10:05:51 PM by raze182

Testing update:

Quote from: eduffield
   ****** Please Update To 10.12.9 or 9.12.9 *******

DS+ seems to be pretty stable now :-)

-SplitUpMoney now calculates the balance correctly
    -Denominations are now 1 satoshi higher (denominated inputs will have to be regenerated as the client will not recognize the old ones)
    -SplitUpMoney does a better job of splitting up really large wallets now

RPC calls are changed a bit:

darksend denominate 100 - Will denominate 100DRK
        darksend auto - Will run AutoDenominate
        darksend Xaddr 100 - Will send 100 denominated DRK to Xaddr
        sendtoaddress Xaddr 100 - Will send 100 non-denominated DRK to Xaddr

Stable Binaries
    http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
    http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes / auto-denom )
    http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
    http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-33#post-13751

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Pages: « 1 ... 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 [2418] 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: